Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215399 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Beetoonz: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
Please if you have been accepted into Lakehead University for Masters in Computer Science, send a message . Thank you .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
Republic001:
Pls house wats the benefits of studying a course with Co-op to a course without a Co-op

Early work experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2023
kennyjam:
Good day Everyone!
I need your help ASAP.

Please, who knows the complete procedure for getting a Student's (a with spouse) Visa from Nigeria to Canada?

Thank you!

Page 1 of this thread

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
alphabbey1:
Can you send a sample of SOP please?
Just Google Sop Canada study visa and you will see several

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
No it didn't.
alphabbey1:
did your salary appear in the bank statement submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yamunla(m): 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hi guys..

I seriously need your advice.

I tried the care job route last month.

I did ielts ( general UKVI)-scored band 6
TB test
I did some care course online and in Nigeria and got 2 work reference so I can use it to support my application.

The problem started when some video surfaced online that UK is no more accepting care workers from Nigeria.

My sister that wanted to fund the travel opted out because she was scared.

Now I don't want my ielts and TB test to waste like that.

I need advice on a country I can apply to and do it myself with a saving of 3M..

I DONT WANT AGENT STUFF PLEASE

I will appreciate all your advice/ responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
ppconcept:
Hi,
Instead of my signature on the data page on my international passport i have "UNABLE TO SIGN"

I need to apply for my study visa and I'm afraid that this is a problem.

Please will this be a challenge?
Also, how can I rectify this?

Thank you
It’s not a problem lol, bother urself wit other relevant things
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ndubisi12:
please what will be the delay
Eligibility check still ongoing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2023
No salary didn't appear. I make transactions so my account is in use. There's inflow and outflows with no lump some .
My application wasn't perfect, God just did it for me.
alphabbey1:
did your salary appear in the bank statement submitted

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tajuowo(m): 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2023
course, project or thesis based? what intake?

Beetoonz:
Please if you have been accepted into Lakehead University for Masters in Computer Science, send a message . Thank you .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
mxw3l:
I'm Ghanaian and new here. I've been refused twice.

I have known about Nairaland since 2008, but I never really explored this website until this year (2023). I have been amazed to see the amount of help people receive here, although I am not surprised because during my 9 years in China, Nigerians were more sincere, straightforward and helpful to me than Ghanaians (sad but true).

Going through the Travel Threads, to see Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22... Part 22? And even with that, page 1035 wow

WOW. Shey Na Eye Dey Pain Abi Wetin be Dis There must be something going on here thats helping people. Please help me:

Male, Single, 30yr. Applied to Seneca College - Business Administration - 3 year course - Post secondary course

Docs submitted:

Family Information
Digital photo
SOP
WASSCE cert
Passport Bio page
Permits in China
Police Report
Bank Statement
Land Documents
First sem tuition payment

First application:

Self sponsor

Date Submitted: November 12, 2022
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: November 14, 2022
Background check complete: November 14, 2022
Correspondence Letter: November 23, 2022
Refusal: November 24, 2022

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/ eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

GCMS for 1st refusal:

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2022/11/23
Updated Date: 2022/11/23
Restricted: N
Label: General
Office: Accra
Text: Reviewed file,
PA seeks to study in Canada at Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
PA has provided proof of funds via self. PA has indicated no current employment on their application. Bank statements show limited funds, no history of funds accumulation aside from a couple large deposits. No provenance of funds provided. Additional foreign currency account also with large deposits, limited history of funds accumulation and no provenance of funds. Also provided a account from outside home country with a volatile balance. Over all, on balance, upon review of the documents I am not satisfied that the PA has access to the funds as per the evidence and that the large deposits in multiple accounts are not made for show.

The applicant's planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing their past study and employment history (Given PA's previous educational attainment and length of time of work experience, proposed level/field of studies at this stage of his/her career does not make logical sense in advancing career trajectory. I am not satisfied that this course of study is a reasonable extension of already obtained credentials and work experience and that this application is made for bona fide study.

PA is young, mobile and appears to have limited ties to their home country. I am not satisfied that the PA would have grounds to leave Canada at the end of their authorized period. In light of the above, Application refused.

Second application:

Docs submitted:

Family Information
Digital photo
SOP
WASSCE cert
Passport Bio page
Permits in China
Police Report
Bank Statement
Land Documents
First sem tuition payment
Family Ghana Cards
Sponsor Ghana card
Sponsor letter
Sponsor Bank statement
Sponsor confirmation of Bank Statement
My Employment Letter

Applied with Sponsor

Date Submitted: February 9, 2023
Background check complete: February 10, 2023
Correspondence Letter: February 16, 2022
Refusal: February 16, 2022

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/ eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

GCMS for 2nd refusal:

Restricted: N
Label: General
Office: Accra
Text: I have reviewed the application.
I have considered the following factors in my decision.
I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident. Given the lack of economic motives to remain in home country, the applicant's incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country.
Based on the financial documents submitted, I am not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient funds to pay the fees for the proposed studies.
The applicant is sponsored by third party. The sponsor's relationship to the PA not well substantiated.

I am not satisfied that the applicant will have access to sufficient funds to cover the costs for tuition and upkeep.
Based on the financial documents submitted, I am not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient funds to pay for living expenses for the proposed studies. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, have refused this application.
Sorry for d refusals, but going through ur post I discover there’s a problem with ur whole application.
U have a defective SOP, POF, Study progression nd Home ties.
U need to start from scratch!
A detailed explanation of ur story/application will be a starting point

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
kennyjam:
Good day Everyone!
I need your help ASAP.

Please, who knows the complete procedure for getting a Student's (a with spouse) Visa from Nigeria to Canada?

Thank you!
Let me know where exactly u have challenge

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
yamunla:
Hi guys..

TB test
I did some care course online and in Nigeria and got 2 work reference so I can use it to support my application.

The problem started when some video surfaced online that UK is no more accepting care workers from Nigeria.

I need advice on a country I can apply to and do it myself with a saving of 3M..

Maybe Ghana!
Lol that’s on d lighter note. My bro, 3m is highly insufficient for any western country especially if u planning study route (which u will not even need d IELTS test for) plus have u been told that even the IELTS test result u talking about is relatively low? (Don’t mean to talk u down).
Think about it, nd make up ur mind on what u want.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pamtty: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hi guys, I’m new here and have been seeing a lot of success stories on this thread. Please is anyone going to Concordia University of Edmonton?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by drhammed: 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
Look for (relatively) affordable schools in Canada. If your sister is willing to support, I think you can still pull some stuff. For example, check Memorial University. A year (or 16 months max) program will be okay for you- you figure out the rest in the country. Not easy but definitely not impossible. Good luck!

yamunla:
Hi guys..

TB test

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mxw3l: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2023

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bamz555:

Eligibility check still ongoing
thanks so much and i believe that it will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ItzRay(m): 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
I'm here o, Toronto by September.
I'll like to join the WhatsApp group.

Enddystar:
Where are those going to Toronto in September? Let's connect! Indicate, let's create a WhatsApp group. To those that are still waiting for their PPR, I wish you good news in Jesus name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjam: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bamz555:

Let me know where exactly u have challenge

I'm making research regarding that, Sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjam: 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
BenedictStinson:

Page 1 of this thread

Thank you, Sir!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eleblinks: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2023
Eleblinks:

Thank you so much, I will go over the requirements more thoroughly now.

Good evening great minds. Please does anyone have an idea on whether Mpower study loan can be used for Visa processing to Canada as proof of funds. Would it guarantee me visa approval?

I am looking to explore study loan options to apply to schools in Canada or US and for my visa processing..But I am lost on how that can work and how others did it. Please help a sister.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2023
Abeg anyone going to or currently in Kitchener? I would love to connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
Enddystar:
Where are those going to Toronto in September? Let's connect! Indicate, let's create a WhatsApp group. To those that are still waiting for their PPR, I wish you good news in Jesus name
I am... I have sent you a mail

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fisssssyyy: 11:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hi gurus
I need your input please
I applied for a visit visa for my mum and two younger siblings in the 15th of April . But I only got the biometric request letter of my siblings but not my mum who is the principal applicant. I don’t know what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ucy12: 12:42am On Apr 24, 2023
Congrats!

Please, was Yellow Card Vaccination a requirement for you to board and travel?

Thanks.

Thefrenchboy:
Hello everyone, i just got to Canada I’m in Sarnia, Ontario to be precise, is there anyone in this vicinity, let connect and also I’m looking for an apartment as well, your assistance will be appreciated, thank you 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canfulfilment: 4:08am On Apr 24, 2023
Mine is more than 3 weeks now, not even a word. It is sure different for everyone and not in anyway stale.
Cadygosh:
Visa in 3 weeks, when people are getting their Visa in a week or 4 days like a moniker that got hers yesterday. 3 weeks is stale bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olivia269: 6:19am On Apr 24, 2023
This is my profile below:
I'm in my second year of studying agricultural science in Nigerian Versity, but due to the incessant ASUU strikes, this is my 3rd year in school. I have no work experience beyond my volunteer experience with the Nigerian Red Cross. I have no car documentation or landed properties.

Do I need additional documents for my home ties to strengthen my application? I asked this question weeks ago.

Now, what if my spouse wants to go through the master's route, and with my profile stated above, what can I use as home ties?

Thank you gurus in the house 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Soraco57(m): 8:02am On Apr 24, 2023
morning, pls i want to pay tution to seneca college , pls which way is the easiest and fastest to get the money across to the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by whiskey53: 10:19am On Apr 24, 2023
@benedictstinson you mind reviewing my application?
I've gotton admission to George Brown college Artitificail intelligence program, 1yr post graduate, Fall 2023.
I have paid my full tuition fee
Upfront medicals is also done

I've put together my documents and will love a second opinion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ppconcept: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2023
Have you had a similar challenge?
I dont want to leave it all chance.
Bamz555:

It’s not a problem lol, bother urself wit other relevant things

(1) (2) (3) ... (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.