Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1214988 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ascomed0:
How can I use his account as sponsor? Because I don't think he has anything in his account Oooo. My account is better than his account

Where will I say he got that kind of money? You know how Nigerians survive na. I don't need to open all my family secrets here

If I transfer the 10m to his account, 4 months statement will show it's a lump sum. Abi? Please enlighten me. I need help. Seriously
@Ascomed0
U don’t have any problem, u have enough funds for ur program, u don’t need a sponsor with that amount, u don’t need anything else from him, the gift deed is enough. U don’t need to go register any company now. Just say d truth, u have a genuine nd reasonable story.
As far as this matter is concerned, u have sorted POF.
Now bother urself about how to construct a good, emotional, convincing and strong SOP.
And hometies should be ur major concern now dear. Comot mouth for POF matter lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2023
harley4:
seniors,

if PA applies for study visa and the spouse applies for visitor visa simultaneously, on arriving to Canada after some a month, can the spouse change her status to SOWP while the PA is still studying.

Please help.
Why u wan go market go use ur money buy wahala come your house?
PA apply for SP nd let spouse apply for SOWP straight up once and for all. Save urself stress!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hello everyone
Will it be okay to send money from my savings account let’s say 10k cad which is actually the profit generated from my business to my personal account within the last eight months and state on my sop that it is the money for my living expenses,mind you I am not self sponsored,my elder sister is my sponsor
Or I should use only her account for both living expenses and balance of my fees
My course is a one year course
Please someone should help me out here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mayowade50: 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Firstly, how much is the total tuition for the programme and duration? Do you have the GCMS notes for the refused application?

The answers to these questions will determine how you will package the new application.
When you get a gift deed, the send does not need to show their SOA, the PA will have to explain who the person is and why they are giving them money. He can use his son as home ties as well as his present job. The land will be an added hometie.

Program duration = 2years
First year tuition = 10750 CAD
One year Living Expenses = 10k CAD
One year Total Expenses = 20,750 CAD
Two years Expenses = 41,500 CAD
Available Fund = 26,000 CAD

We've paid 6000 CAD for tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miketayo(m): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ascomed0:
Good day

I am about to start my application and these are my problems

Basic: Going for a 1 year Diploma because I never went to University. Just some professional cosmetics training

1. I am 26 years old single lady
2. I own an unregistered cosmetic store and my account balance is less than N800,000
3. My sponsor is not related to me at all
4. He wants to transfer my tuition and living expenses to me but he said he can't give me documents that relates to him
5. Sponsor is not ready to say anything about his source of funds or anything like that
6. Sponsor said he can only give me gift deeds of 10m. He won't give me his statement of account or provide any details pertaining to him.
6. I don't have another option

Questions

1. How do I proof the source of my 800k since my business is not registered and I use my personal account for payments
2. Will just my sponsor's gift deed suffice?

3. There's nothing in my bank statement. Because people send me money small small. Like 10k 50k 100k. So nothing is there if I submit 4 or 6 months bank statement.

4. My admission is for September. I've paid 1000 CAD advance tuition. And what's left in my account is about 800k

5. I am just tired. Poor man's child is so frustrated.

What can I do?

BenedictStinson
Bamz555
Gigdraft
hommiekr
joefit4gur
Army2022
mxw3l
Taofem1
miketayo

And others. Please come together and help your sister

I will advise you use a GIC to be on the safe side, you wont need to comprehensively explain the source of income. open a domiciliary account and a CIBC account in Canada. Transfer the fund from your dom account to the CIBC account.
Time is ur worst enemy here, September is almost here

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aghoghomena: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hello gurus in the house,

My first application was refused and I'm about to Starr my SOP for a second application. Please, is it right for me to mention in my new SOP that my first application was refused?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Engr2016: 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2023
Bobomaigida:

15+10+2.5+3 =30,500 (That is equivalent to N10,370,000)

Your funds are ok.
if he does not give you the documents, no wahala. You will however need to write a good SOP to explain the gift deed and why he is gifting you the money. ( You could explain that he has seen the success you have achieved in your business and that he gave you the funds to pursue additional education to allow you come back home with the qualification to expand the business beyond what it is now)

This is the link to the official rate used by IRCC. Their rate is about 295 Naira to 1 CAD

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2023
dtrixna01:
you can still register your business if you want to, I registered mine a week before submitting my application.
All you need to do is justice on your SOP. I also didn’t have much inflow and outflow. Just be truthful and also convincing.
if you have gotten your Visa, you can screenshot and send to her some vital parts from your SOP that will help her in the course of her application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 12:10am On Apr 25, 2023
Engr2016:

This is the link to the official rate used by IRCC. Their rate is about 295 Naira to 1 CAD

From the site, the rate is about 339 Naira to 1cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MayorOfEdmonton: 12:23am On Apr 25, 2023
No be so Engineer,
#1 = 0.0029058CAD
$1CAD= #338.89

Naija never good reach like that😀😀

Engr2016:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by obiEmmanuel: 12:51am On Apr 25, 2023
Pls gurus here should advice me asap.

I have gotten admission in SAIT and already paid the initial enrollment deposit but my problem is to pay first year tuition fee through Form A which is taking forever to be disbursement.
School is resuming by sept and i am waiting to pay tuition fee before i apply for visa as i heard that it will add more flavor to my visa application.

Guys pls advice me if i should apply for visa like that without the complete first year tuition payment and what's the possibility of getting it through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 12:52am On Apr 25, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:
No be so Engineer,
#1 = 0.0029058CAD
$1CAD= #338.89

Naija never good reach like that😀😀

grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:39am On Apr 25, 2023
eldersir20:
Anyone looking to take 1 room in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment in London? Male or female Close to western Uni and 40 mins to Fanshawe. It’s 750 a room but still negotiating to see if can get 700. Most of the apartment have seen are mostly 3,4 or 5 bed and have to share toilets. Anyone interested should reach out so we can discuss. Building is a condo with gym facilities, cinema etc
I'll be arriving Canada this week for Fanshawe. I'm checking different options and yeah private bathrooms are scarce but 40 minutes transit seems like a lot though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:42am On Apr 25, 2023
obiEmmanuel:
Pls gurus here should advice me asap.

I have gotten admission in SAIT and already paid the initial enrollment deposit but my problem is to pay first year tuition fee through Form A which is taking forever to be disbursement.
School is resuming by sept and i am waiting to pay tuition fee before i apply for visa as i heard that it will add more flavor to my visa application.

Guys pls advice me if i should apply for visa like that without the tuition payment and what's the possibility of getting it through.

Have you already started the Form A process? If yes then become a daily visitor to the branch you applied with, familiarise yourself with your account officer and try and plead your case as much as possible. If it still doesn't go through as early as planned, you can defer your admission till January (if you are not in too much haste) by then your payment would have surely gone through and you would have a better chance than waste the application fee money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:48am On Apr 25, 2023
Ascomed0:
Good day

Basic: Going for a 1 year Diploma because I never went to University. Just some professional cosmetics training

2. I own an unregistered cosmetic store and my account balance is less than N800,000
4. He wants to transfer my tuition and living expenses to me but he said he can't give me documents that relates to him
5. Sponsor is not ready to say anything about his source of funds or anything like that
6. Sponsor said he can only give me gift deeds of 10m. He won't give me his statement of account or provide any details pertaining to him.

Questions

1. How do I proof the source of my 800k since my business is not registered and I use my personal account for payments

3. There's nothing in my bank statement. Because people send me money small small. Like 10k 50k 100k. So nothing is there if I submit 4 or 6 months bank statement.

4. My admission is for September. I've paid 1000 CAD advance tuition. And what's left in my account is about 800k

What can I do?

BenedictStinson
Bamz555
Gigdraft
hommiekr
joefit4gur
Army2022
mxw3l
Taofem1
miketayo

You have gotten lots of good suggestions. Another option you can try is for him to simply pay all your tution from his account (serious show of sponsorship commitment) and then transfer the balance of the 10m as living expenses and he would have shown undeniably evidence of sponsorship regardless of whatever document he is withholding from you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:28am On Apr 25, 2023
I believe proof of proof of funds is not the only thing you should be worried about. Does the intended program align with your current occupation? Can you justify that the study would be a reasonable expense for this business? Who will manage your business while you are studying? Do you have strong ties in Nigeria?

To address the issue of unregistered business, register it now as a business name. Since a newly registered business could pose a problem, you would need to convince the VO that the business existed before now. In your submission, explain that even though the business was registered recently, it has been in operation for years, and provide the following evidence, if applicable.

Client list
Supplier list
Attestation/letter/contractual agreement from your suppliers or vendors
Collate and provide invoices/receipts of materials purchased for your services
Invoices issued to clients
Shop lease agreement
Photos of your shop/salon
Bank statement showing the business transactions with suppliers and clients and linking the transactions to your clients and suppliers list. You can use your account since it is a sole proprietorship. This would demonstrate the business activity even if the business is not registered.
Any other document that can speak to your business operation.

Providing a gift deed is insufficient if you cannot demonstrate sufficient evidence of a connection to the sponsor. For example, why is this person gifting you such an amount? Can you show a prior history of support from this person? No two applications are the same, so the VO might not accept the case of a gift deed for such an amount just sitting in your account, especially if the donor is a third party and the applicant has little or no funds in their account. So, pay at least one semester of your tuition fee and do a GIC (as someone suggested here) for your living expenses from the gift. Then, you can leave the remaining in your account.

All the best.

Ascomed0:
@Bullstriker please help me out. Your input too will be appreciated

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Arctope: 3:56am On Apr 25, 2023
BenedictStinson:

I'll be arriving Canada this week for Fanshawe. I'm checking different options and yeah private bathrooms are scarce but 40 minutes transit seems like a lot though.

Hello bro please I'm trying to apply for a pgc course in Fanshawe College, but the school is saying I have to apply through an agent, how where you able to apply?
Did u do it on ur own or through an agent?

Pls kindly respond thanks, also I sent you an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sunkeke: 4:16am On Apr 25, 2023
Hello house , looking for someone(male) going to NBCC for September start that is interested in sharing accomodation. Please send me a message

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by drhammed: 4:39am On Apr 25, 2023
Why would you want to mention that in your SOP? If anything, they have your file and know your previous rejection history. Also, in the application, they (unless things changed recently) always ask if you've ever been rejected before and you'd say YES in your case. Aside that, I'd focus on the goal of SOP and convince the VO why you should be approved.

Good luck!
Aghoghomena:
Hello gurus in the house,

My first application was refused and I'm about to Starr my SOP for a second application. Please, is it right for me to mention in my new SOP that my first application was refused?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 6:11am On Apr 25, 2023
Ascomed0:
Okay. Who was your sponsor? My sponsor is not related to me in any way. And he's not ready to give me any document aside from gift deed letter and transfer.

So, I should do it like this:

1. Submit my personal account of N800k with lump sum of 10m
2. Explain the lump sum in my SOP
3. Submit gift deed
4. Register my business

And that's all?

Is there anything else you did? How did you do your own?

Sorry if my questions are too much. I'm sure you'll understand where I'm coming from
yes. And yes I’m self sponsor . Difference is that the money has been in my acc for two years. No much inflow and outflow. All you need to do is explain truthfully.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 6:27am On Apr 25, 2023
Guys, is there anyone that’ll be travelling from porthacourt in June ? I need a travel buddy male or female. Also, BC is my destination.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jolyestplastics(f): 7:12am On Apr 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please has anyone seen a situation where medical request comes out before biometrics is done? Is it a positive sign?

My sister submitted an application for herself, husband and four kids on the 1st. She booked her biometrics on the 20th and medicals was to be done on the 19th.

On the 18th, she got medical request for everyone.

Guys, what do you think?

I have always thought that IRCC would start reviewing applications after biometrics.

Can anyone confirm this.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chase231: 7:15am On Apr 25, 2023
Hello everyone I am new to nairaland I heard it is nice just like Twitter well anyway I am in need of an accommodation at Regina state university Sk Canada it is just temporary I have no one there and have never been there I will be arriving on the 7th of next month please I am in need of assistance so I would not get stranded thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tejaisco(f): 7:31am On Apr 25, 2023
Malcolm07:

same here . if you have the whatapp group
Hi there , I do not have access to it or I’m not even sure there’s a WhatsApp group for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 7:31am On Apr 25, 2023
Others have already given you enough advice , but I'll add a little.
I'll suggest, let your mom do the gift deed.
(Don't make the mistake of sending your mom the money through the same account you're using as SOA)
*you can open a new account or use your second account.
*Have your sponsor transfer the money to it, *Go to the bank with your mom, transfer it to her, then let your mom transfer it to your main account ( the one you're using as SOA)
Remember You don't need your mom's SOA, the gift deed is enough.
This process won't take you more than 1hr to complete.
(Note* in your sop, your mom could be a retired anything or a big farmer, a trader etc)

2) Everyone is adviced to write a good SOP (make yours very very interesting to read)

3) I hope your course of study aligns with your job Very important.

Ascomed0:
Good day

Questions

What can I do?

BenedictStinson
Bamz555
Gigdraft
hommiekr
joefit4gur
Army2022
mxw3l
Taofem1
miketayo

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2023
Hi Everyone
For anyone that needs this

Mpower just added 3 new schools they support to their list

University of New Brunswick
University of Saskatchewan
Dalhousie University

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 7:50am On Apr 25, 2023
Hi Everyone
For anyone that needs this

Mpower just added 3 new schools they support to their list
University of New Brunswick
University of Saskatchewan
Dalhousie University

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 8:24am On Apr 25, 2023
Chat the Nigerian student association on Instagram or try connecting with the church you identify with in Regina

Ciao

Chase231:
Hello everyone I am new to nairaland I heard it is nice just like Twitter well anyway I am in need of an accommodation at Regina state university Sk Canada it is just temporary I have no one there and have never been there I will be arriving on the 7th of next month please I am in need of assistance so I would not get stranded thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 8:47am On Apr 25, 2023
Army2022:
Others have already given you enough advice , but I'll add a little.
I'll suggest, let your mom do the gift deed.
(Don't make the mistake of sending your mom the money through the same account you're using as SOA)
*you can open a new account or use your second account.
*Have your sponsor transfer the money to it, *Go to the bank with your mom, transfer it to her, then let your mom transfer it to your main account ( the one you're using as SOA)
Remember You don't need your mom's SOA, the gift deed is enough.
This process won't take you more than 1hr to complete.
(Note* in your sop, your mom could be a retired anything or a big farmer, a trader etc)

2) Everyone is adviced to write a good SOP (make yours very very interesting to read)

3) I hope your course of study aligns with your job Very important.

Brilliant suggestion! It will definitely work. From her story I even think she has more things to worry about than this POF

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 8:48am On Apr 25, 2023
Arctope:

Hello bro please I'm trying to apply for a pgc course in Fanshawe College, but the school is saying I have to apply through an agent, how where you able to apply?
Did u do it on ur own or through an agent?

Pls kindly respond thanks, also I sent you an email.
I used applyboard

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.