Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215014 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Engr2016: 8:50am On Apr 25, 2023
Hello everyone. I will be grateful for anyone who can help me with this clarification in filling the imm1294e form. I have an annual funding support of 9000CAD from a Canadian university. This equals18000 CAD for the 2years. However, in my Letter of Acceptance from , only the 1st year funding of 9000CAD is indicated by the university. Note : in my Scholarship Letter from the university, the funding details for the 2years is written which when added together is 18000CAD. Hence, which amount should I add to my personal funding in the im1294e form? Is it the 9000 CAD of 1yr or the 18000 CAD of 2yrs. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 9:01am On Apr 25, 2023
Engr2016:
Hello everyone. I will be grateful for anyone who can help me with this clarification in filling the imm1294e form. I have an annual funding support of 9000CAD from a Canadian university. This equals18000 CAD for the 2years. However, in my Letter of Acceptance from , only the 1st year funding of 9000CAD is indicated by the university. Note : in my Scholarship Letter from the university, the funding details for the 2years is written which when added together is 18000CAD. Hence, which amount should I add to my personal funding in the im1294e form? Is it the 9000 CAD of 1yr or the 18000 CAD of 2yrs. Thank you.
The 18000CAD. Be sure to upload the LOA nd d sponsorship letter together plus also upload d sponsorship letter on the POF segment

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eboski(m): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2023
Do they accept statement of account from Microfinance bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eboski(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2023
Bamz555:

The 18000CAD. Be sure to upload the LOA nd d sponsorship letter together plus also upload d sponsorship letter on the POF segment

I have mail you do check I will need your assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 9:21am On Apr 25, 2023
BenedictStinson:

I'll be arriving Canada this week for Fanshawe. I'm checking different options and yeah private bathrooms are scarce but 40 minutes transit seems like a lot though.
Which airline did you book and how much was it as at the time of booking.

We're expecting your landing gist grin

I wish you safe flight

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samuelkingz(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2023
she has no business with the branch, she needs her account officer to push for it at the IOPS/ Treasury team of the bank.. thats where it all happens.

BenedictStinson:

Have you already started the Form A process? If yes then become a daily visitor to the branch you applied with, familiarise yourself with your account officer and try and plead your case as much as possible. If it still doesn't go through as early as planned, you can defer your admission till January (if you are not in too much haste) by then your payment would have surely gone through and you would have a better chance than waste the application fee money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glamoice(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2023
While there are tuition free universities, there are also universities that offer tuition fee scholarships for

excellent international students. Scholarships in the form of full or partial tuition fee waivers are the most

common international scholarships offered by Universities. Tuition fee scholarships are the next best thing

to fully-funded scholarships!

Tuition Scholarships for All International Students »
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jolyestplastics(f): 10:49am On Apr 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all you here. Please I have a question. Is it possible for someone to get medical request before going for biometrics?

My sister submitted an application for herself, husband and kids on the 1st of April. She scheduled her biometrics on the 20th(because she wanted to go with her husband and because of his tight schedule would only be available on that day). Her medicals was booked on the 19th.

On the 18th, She got medical request for everyone even

Has anyone seen this before?

Is it a good sign?

I await your response. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2023
Enddystar:

DM, I'll help you apply

So you are still advertising after i removed the ban?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chemicalibk: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2023
jolyestplastics:
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all you here. Please I have a question. Is it possible for someone to get medical request before going for biometrics?

My sister submitted an application for herself, husband and kids on the 1st of April. She scheduled her biometrics on the 20th(because she wanted to go with her husband and because of his tight schedule would only be available on that day). Her medicals was booked on the 19th.

On the 18th, She got medical request for everyone even

Has anyone seen this before?

Is it a good sign?

I await your response. Thank you.

Guru in the house
Please response to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2023
Please who can help me out because i am confused ....

I saw some courses under CONTINUING EDUCATION in some universities which i am interested in. What i dont understand is that they are non credit courses. Meaning it is not a master nor a diploma. You get some certificate after the course.

My question is is this type of certificate recognized? Does these type of program have good success with study permits all other factor being equal.
Is there any disadvantage i need to know about non credit programs.

Please my experienced people help me oooo
@makno @bulkwiser
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Angeee: 11:53am On Apr 25, 2023
Welsh2np:

Good day, as per this your response to the thread below, this is my current dilemma and major worry:

- You can go for a 1year Master’s course too; it’s usually cheaper to show POF for 1year programs. When you go for a 1year program, before you finish it, you can apply for another 1year program from inside Canada- that way when you finish you can get a 3-years PGWP.

Please how possible is it to apply for another 1 year program from inside Canada and get a 3 years PGWP? I need answers please

1. Admissions to Canadian Universities are HIGHLY competitive. As for your CGPA (which is just one requirement for admission), it is okay, however you may want to double-check the last two years of your undergraduate transcript as that is what most schools look out for the most. And depending on your program GPA’s higher than 70% (for last two years) are often required.
Check your program tho, it may be higher. Like mine, 75% was required.
Also, note that other factors play an integral role when considering grad applications. Such as LOR, SOP,Standardized tests (such as GMAT or GRE or as required by your program)

- You can go for a 1year Master’s course too; it’s usually cheaper to show POF for 1year programs. When you go for a 1year program, before you finish it, you can apply for another 1year program from inside Canada- that way when you finish you can get a 3-years PGWP

2. Yes it shows enough progression

3. No one answer fits. Check your school out first. Usually you should have CAD$10,000 (Living expenses) per year+Tuition fees for a year+Health insurance+Miscellaneous(at least 4k for flight and travel round trip).

So when the time comes, she may pay your first year tuition, and transfer living cost to your account using a deed of gift, that way she won’t be needing much to show as POF.

4. Google can help you with you. Google is your friend.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olamidecanada: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am trying to pay my tuition fee to york University but form A is taking a long time to process lthough I already used black market to pay my enrollment fee. To anyone who has had any sort of experience with this, was it possible for you to defer your admission without paying your tuition fee.

i will really appreciate if i can get a response on this so i can know the next action to take.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zeb04(f): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2023
Please does anyone have a plug for winter jackets?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
Which airline did you book and how much was it as at the time of booking.

We're expecting your landing gist grin

I wish you safe flight

Thank you bro, I booked Ethiopia airlines. It was 556,000 when I checked in February but I wasted time because my family wanted me to use British but I didn't want to start wasting my FX to pay so by the time we all agreed on Ethiopia Airlines in March, the cheapest flight around my travel date was about 834,000 but the date I selected was 882 or so.
Moral lesson: book as soon as possible

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
samuelkingz:
she has no business with the branch, she needs her account officer to push for it at the IOPS/ Treasury team of the bank.. thats where it all happens.

I said the branch because in my case I selected the branch I opened my account in and my account officer was also working in that same branch. She had no access to it until the ADB reviewer and supervisor approved before it got to her.
So I had to go on my own to those guys to help me hurry up the approval. That season even bank security sabi me because I day visit almost every day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eldersir20: 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
BenedictStinson:

I'll be arriving Canada this week for Fanshawe. I'm checking different options and yeah private bathrooms are scarce but 40 minutes transit seems like a lot though.

Well, Considering transportation is free in London with your FANcard, i don't think that;s a lot for an apartment like this and with what i have asked around that the price is very good 750/room in London. If you are driving is less than 20 mins and some people also carpool, beside what if you get accommodation close to school and job in over an hour distance. I am just looking for a comfortable apartment that is also affordable. Though i already got one with a private bathroom directly in front of school, just a minute walk, downside is that i have to share the apartment with 4 other people as it is a 5 bed and that seem like a lot. I will eventually go for that if i don't see anyone to take this with.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eldersir20: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2023
eldersir20:
Anyone looking to take 1 room in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment in London? Male or female Close to western Uni and 40 mins to Fanshawe. It’s 750 a room but still negotiating to see if can get 700. Most of the apartment have seen are mostly 3,4 or 5 bed and have to share toilets. Anyone interested should reach out so we can discuss. Building is a condo with gym facilities, cinema etc

Still looking for someone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Markab: 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good day everyone, is anyone aware how best to reach IOM Lagos? Medical done since April 12, no result sent to IRCC. Deadline on the letter was April 23 and online GC key account shows results of medical not received. I’ve sent emails to the IOM booking email and also filled contact form on their website - No response and all calls to their phone were not answered. In the emails, I had even requested they send the emedical form to send through IRCC webform, still no response.

I don’t want to assume that this is because of the strike Cos medical was done one week plus before the strike even started.

I’d appreciate you advise everyone😢

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
Markab:
Good day everyone, is anyone aware how best to reach IOM Lagos? Medical done since April 12, no result sent to IRCC. Deadline on the letter was April 23 and online GC key account shows results of medical not received. I’ve sent emails to the IOM booking email and also filled contact form on their website - No response and all calls to their phone were not answered. In the emails, I had even requested they send the emedical form to send through IRCC webform, still no response.

I don’t want to assume that this is because of the strike Cos medical was done one week plus before the strike even started.

I’d appreciate you advise everyone😢
Why don't you send a webform to IRCC Nairobi attaching the medical Information sheet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Markab: 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Why don't you send a webform to IRCC Nairobi attaching the medical Information sheet

That’s the issue, IOM have not given me the medical sheet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
eldersir20:

Well, Considering transportation is free in London with your FANcard, i don't think that;s a lot for an apartment like this and with what i have asked around that the price is very good 750/room in London. If you are driving is less than 20 mins and some people also carpool, beside what if you get accommodation close to school and job in over an hour distance. I am just looking for a comfortable apartment that is also affordable. Though i already got one with a private bathroom directly in front of school, just a minute walk, downside is that i have to share the apartment with 4 other people as it is a 5 bed and that seem like a lot. I will eventually go for that if i don't see anyone to take this with.

I get your point but transit has to be considered. 9am lecture means you have to leave by at least 8am. One hour lost on the road no be beans . But anyways I'm still looking at options so I might still look at that.
The one close to the school what's the price and are there still other available rooms?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eldersir20: 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
BenedictStinson:

I get your point but transit has to be considered. 9am lecture means you have to leave by at least 8am. One hour lost on the road no be beans . But anyways I'm still looking at options so I might still look at that.
The one close to the school what's the price and are there still other available rooms?

$725, directly opposite main campus. Don't know it's student subletting their room, except i am asking the guy if his roomates already have someone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by peejay03: 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good afternoon,

Is there anyone going to Cambrian college, Sudbury Ontario for October 2023 session, Business Analytics? Or is there a group for students going to Cambrian college? Please lets rub mind. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.