Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215411 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrtoke: 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
Christyiji:
Pls, how can I track my GCM note, yesterday was exactly one month I requested for it.
No way, you just keep waiting until you get, did u apply from ircc or cbsa? Cbsa is generally faster than ircc. I hope u get it soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Seyola16: 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
Please can you provide details on how to open CIBC account? I learnt it is only possible if you are a registered student in Canada? What is GIC please
miketayo:

I will advise you use a GIC to be on the safe side, you wont need to comprehensively explain the source of income. open a domiciliary account and a CIBC account in Canada. Transfer the fund from your dom account to the CIBC account.
Time is ur worst enemy here, September is almost here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pls anyone Here know any college in Alberta with reasonable tuition fees that offer pgwp programs??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nger88: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hi, I recently completed an MBA in the UK and want to switch my career to Information security or Cybersecurity in a Canadian institution. Also, considering that I already have a master's, I wish to enrol on a 1 yr programme while completing my career goals with IT certifications. The question is which should I go for between a graduate certificate or diploma? I really don't want to spend much time in a classroom.

Also, will my declaration of having an MBA affect my chances considering that taking this programme is solely cos I want to switch careers? I have some IT Audit certifications and will complete some before the end of the year. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rexceedo: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Please house help me out.
I no get dollar card, I don't have anyone abroad, I don't have a functional dorm account. How can I pay for my tuition fee, it's urgent. I'd have open a dorm account, but I have a bvn change of name issue, that is still in process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
eldersir20:

$725, directly opposite main campus. Don't know it's student subletting their room, except i am asking the guy if his roomates already have someone
Ok we will be communicating
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rexceedo:
I no get dollar card, I don't have anyone abroad, I don't have a functional dorm account. How can I pay for my tuition fee, it's urgent. I'd have open a dorm account, but I have a bvn change of name issue, that is still in process.

Based on your situation, you only have 2 options
1. Get a virtual dollar card that you can fund yourself and pay for your sch fee
2. Find someone who has a dorm account that can help you with payment. I can help you with my dorm account only if we stay in the same city and it has to face to face deal probably you come to my office

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Engr2016: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
Bamz555:

The 18000CAD. Be sure to upload the LOA nd d sponsorship letter together plus also upload d sponsorship letter on the POF segment
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Engr2016: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
Eboski:

I have mail you do check I will need your assistance

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thebabiebird: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good day everyone, i got my medical request last week, and I tried booking an appointment with IOM lagos, but i was given a date a month from now. Everytime I try to book an appointment with QLife. The message is that there is no slot available. Please what can i do? I would really appreciate the help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay102: 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
Since it is temporary and you get your bar, use Airbnb, FB or Kijiji or all.. Google as well.

Chase231:
Hello everyone I am new to nairaland I heard it is nice just like Twitter well anyway I am in need of an accommodation at Regina state university Sk Canada it is just temporary I have no one there and have never been there I will be arriving on the 7th of next month please I am in need of assistance so I would not get stranded thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay102: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
Medical request when it is not upfront is a sign you have been approved pending medical clearance.

Congrats
jolyestplastics:
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all you here. Please I have a question. Is it possible for someone to get medical request before going for biometrics?

My sister submitted an application for herself, husband and kids on the 1st of April. She scheduled her biometrics on the 20th(because she wanted to go with her husband and because of his tight schedule would only be available on that day). Her medicals was booked on the 19th.

On the 18th, She got medical request for everyone even

Has anyone seen this before?

Is it a good sign?

I await your response. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
thebabiebird:
Good day everyone, i got my medical request last week, and I tried booking an appointment with IOM lagos, but i was given a date a month from now. Everytime I try to book an appointment with QLife. The message is that there is no slot available. Please what can i do? I would really appreciate the help
Send email to IOM, attach your passport data page plus your IME. Then request for a closer date. They will reschedule you but not this month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
BenedictStinson:

Thank you bro, I booked Ethiopia airlines. It was 556,000 when I checked in February but I wasted time because my family wanted me to use British but I didn't want to start wasting my FX to pay so by the time we all agreed on Ethiopia Airlines in March, the cheapest flight around my travel date was about 834,000 but the date I selected was 882 or so.
Moral lesson: book as soon as possible
Thanks for your response, yeah booking ahead is the solution. All the flights this period are above 1m

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thebabiebird: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
Send email to IOM, attach your passport data page plus your IME. Then request for a closer date. They will reschedule you but not this month

Okay, Thank you, I'll do that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shinaxurdick: 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good evening great people in the house, pls is their any professional SOP writer you can recommend here pls.. i want to write a good strong sop. Got admitted in centennial college for an advanced microbiology.

Recommendation would be appreciated and how to contact them. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rexceedo:
I can help with payment if u want.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vatod(m): 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
justwise:

So you are still advertising after i removed the ban?
Hello Justwise, please I apply for Canadian visiting visa in January with invitation letter for a workshop, but up till now I haven’t hear back from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miketayo(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
Seyola16:
Please can you provide details on how to open CIBC account? I learnt it is only possible if you are a registered student in Canada? What is GIC please

you can follow the instructions here https://www.businesscompilerng.com/2022/01/how-to-open-canadian-imperial-bank-of.html#:~:text=You
as long as you have your admission letter you can open a CIBC account
GIC is Guaranteed Investment Certificate, similar to our fixed deposit, but in this case, a certain amount will be given to you monthly for a period of time, depending on what you initially deposited in the CIBC account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by akinloluazeez: 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
My application was denied a couple of weeks ago:
Reason: Assets and financial situation …

I used Microfinance Bank for a year fixed deposit (18.5m) to be liquidated by April, including my MBS (Gtb Salary account with 500k).
I have requested GCMS notes, but I think the reason for denial is either the fund is insufficient, or the fixed deposit wasn’t welcomed.

2 years program Tuition = 29k
Living expenses 1 year = 10k
Health care fees =1k
Expiration of LOA = June 5

Guru in the house, your advice is needed: If I liquidate the fixed deposit, credit my GTB account within 2 weeks, and print out my account statement for my 2nd application, will it fly? Your advice pls…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
akinloluazeez:
My application was denied a couple of weeks ago:
Reason: Assets and financial situation …

I used Microfinance Bank for a year fixed deposit (18.5m) to be liquidated by April, including my MBS (Gtb Salary account with 500k).
I have requested GCMS notes, but I think the reason for denial is either the fund is insufficient, or the fixed deposit wasn’t welcomed.

2 years program Tuition = 29k
Living expenses 1 year = 10k
Health care fees =1k
Expiration of LOA = June 5

Guru in the house, your advice is needed: If I liquidate the fixed deposit, credit my GTB account within 2 weeks, and print out my account statement for my 2nd application, will it fly? Your advice pls…
It will work, with a detailed and explanatory SOP accompanied with proofs nd evidence

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayor2015: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good day,

This number +1301-785-7278 is calling people on different Nigerian groups and telling them there is some fictitious meeting for some fabricated group.
He is trying to get access of your WhatsApp /social media applications.
He will request you tell him the authentication digits for your WhatsApp application.
DO NOT fall for this…..he is trying to take over your phone/WhatsApp and social media accounts.
He called me at 12.53 MST -25/4/2023

THIS IS IDENTITY THEFT........BE WARNED

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Engr2016: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
Please anyone that has the official link to the CBSA notes application website should post it. I have searched different ones online but don't know the original one. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pepman: 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
thebabiebird:

Qlife booking is done every Monday morning. Make sure you are ready on the website and start refreshing from like 7:30am. It’s FCFS u tio spaces get filled up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mfonox: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good day house. Please Is 11m in the account enough to apply for study permit? I just got admission to SAIT for a one year program. I will be paying my first semester fees which is about CAD10,000.( this will not be taken from the 11m) I also have about 2.5m that will be available to me from my pension account. That’s all the money I have. (11m+2.5m) is this enough? Or I should look to add some money in terms of gift deed(maybe from a relative) to further increase my chance. Please advise me. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.....pls house what does this means as reason for refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Goodike: 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
mfonox:
Good day house. Please Is 11m in the account enough to apply for study permit? I just got admission to SAIT for a one year program. I will be paying my first semester fees which is about CAD10,000.( this will not be taken from the 11m) I also have about 2.5m that will be available to me from my pension account. That’s all the money I have. (11m+2.5m) is this enough? Or I should look to add some money in terms of gift deed(maybe from a relative) to further increase my chance. Please advise me. Thank you
11 million is a good for one program because I use 10 million for my own for 2 year program and was granted a visa

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mfonox: 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
Goodike:
11 million is a good for one program because I use 10 million for my own for 2 year program and was granted a visa

Awesome. Thank you for your response. May God grant me favour also.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Goodike: 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
shinaxurdick:
Good evening great people in the house, pls is their any professional SOP writer you can recommend here pls.. i want to write a good strong sop. Got admitted in centennial college for an advanced microbiology.

Recommendation would be appreciated and how to contact them. Thanks
my advice is for you to go YouTube and watch different sop people then u will no how to write your own,I am telling you this because is what used to write my own I got my visa for the very first time and my is centennial college too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shinaxurdick: 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2023
Goodike:
my advice is for you to go YouTube and watch different sop people then u will no how to write your own,I am telling you this because is what used to write my own I got my visa for the very first time and my is centennial college too
i will try it but i still need a good sop writer pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jolyestplastics(f): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all you here. Please I have a question. Is it possible for someone to get medical request before going for biometrics?

My sister submitted an application for herself, husband and kids on the 1st of April. She scheduled her biometrics on the 20th(because she wanted to go with her husband and because of his tight schedule would only be available on that day). Her medicals was booked on the 19th.

On the 18th, She got medical request for everyone even

Has anyone seen this before?

Is it a good sign?

I await your response. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.