Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1085) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225323 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2023
SandyDandy:
Greetings
Please what is the chances of getting students visa with your family, like family of 5. My Sister said the chances are 20% chances.

Or is better to apply alone first
Please someone should help me and answer me

If you can explain why your family is going with you, you should apply with them. We have seen people here who received visas for the whole family.

But if you do not have any other tie than the family then you should not apply with them. You can apply alone and then they will join you later.

This is just my opinion. Others in the house can help you out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dinma540: 1:30pm On May 11, 2023
Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 1:33pm On May 11, 2023
Dinma540:
I need help please house, I did my medicals on 4th of may IRCC sent me, till now the result have not been uploaded and the 30days will be over by 16th may and today is 11thmay what should I do and I don't have the result with me please I need help. Hope is not going to affect my application.

Message Nairobi processing office for temporary visas.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DaChem(f): 1:48pm On May 11, 2023
Thanks @DeGift and @Showyoung….. God bless you both

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 1:51pm On May 11, 2023
CuriousGeorge:

Good morning everyone
Please I need assistance,on a school that offers post graduate diploma or masters with low tuition first payment.I need help on how to go about applying for admission and processing visa
Please I need guidance from someone,1on1 guidance I don’t mind paying from the little I have.I am getting frustrated..all I have is 3million and a sponsor for proof of funds..m a female,26 this year.Please someone shld assist me send an email or drop a number…please
Is your sponsor willing to pay part of your tuition for you?
Because if not that 3m might not be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dinma540: 1:55pm On May 11, 2023
Thanks@kokobay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 2:21pm On May 11, 2023
CuriousGeorge:

Good morning everyone
Please I need assistance,on a school that offers post graduate diploma or masters with low tuition first payment.I need help on how to go about applying for admission and processing visa
Please I need guidance from someone,1on1 guidance I don’t mind paying from the little I have.I am getting frustrated..all I have is 3million and a sponsor for proof of funds..m a female,26 this year.Please someone shld assist me send an email or drop a number…please

Sincerely, the 3m is not enough except your sponsor is willing to really give you the rest of the money. 8m and above will be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thebabiebird: 2:24pm On May 11, 2023
Dinma540:
I need help please house, I did my medicals on 4th of may IRCC sent me, till now the result have not been uploaded and the 30days will be over by 16th may and today is 11thmay what should I do and I don't have the result with me please I need help. Hope is not going to affect my application.

Where did you do your medicals? Have you tried emailing the hospital?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dinma540: 2:29pm On May 11, 2023
Iom
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Seyola16: 2:56pm On May 11, 2023
You can drop your qualification and preferred course or area of specialization. or send me a direct message or email
I wish you goodluck
CuriousGeorge:

Good morning everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sammie2014: 3:13pm On May 11, 2023
Kingdenny1:

Yes I did , any problem

Hi, pls can I have your email address or phone number. I’m about to process my admission to CNA n I will like to ask you some questions. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by woffie: 3:14pm On May 11, 2023
Good day to gurus in the house.... Pls am an HND hold hoping to further my education in Canada,Can I use my HND to apply for 2years PGD program and travel together with my spouse. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Seyola16: 3:24pm On May 11, 2023
How did you handled the tuition fee and deposit? The fee seems very high
Tucode:
Hello house… Please is anyone going to Thompson Rivers University this September? Or is there anyone who is already schooling there? My study visa has just been approved and I’ll like to connect with someone already there or who is going there so that I can make some enquiries. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kingdenny1: 3:25pm On May 11, 2023
If your sponsor have enough money in his account, use only your sponsor and leave out your own account , make sure you upload all your qualifications , good home ties with your sponsor and add your sponsor properties, including your own , don’t allow the documents to be plenty, just pick the important ones , you are good to go , don’t confuse the VO

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by scanice: 3:33pm On May 11, 2023
Good Everyone,

I am a first time Canadian study permit applicant and the response I got was a refusal. I requested for a GCMS note and I discovered that there were various mix-up in the documents on the part of IRCC which influenced a refusal decision.

According to the officer:
I have considered the following factors in my decision. I am not satisfied that the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation demonstrates that funds would be sufficient or available to support their stay in Canada. Proof of fund on file - bank statements are from a microfinance bank, which have severe limitations to accessing funds from within Canada. I am not satisfied the applicant will have unhindered access to a stable source of funds.

According to IRCC, below are the factors upon which the decision was made.

Program start date and destination did not match Letter of Acceptance
Alawiye Lucia Ajoke (indicated as Mother)
Proof fund bank statement from a Microfinance Bank
Tuition Fee
Living Expenses
Transportation.

Letter of acceptance states that the program will start on the 1st of May, 2023. Meanwhile, the GCMS note stated that the commencement date is 2023/04/20 which is the date I indicated as the date of arrival on my application summary form.

Alawiye Lucia Ajoke is not the name of my mother neither did I state in any part of my application form such a name.

Regarding the Microfinance Bank Statement, I do not or have I ever own a microfinance bank account whatsoever and I did not include such a document in my application. My bank statement is from one of Nigeria's foremost commercial bank Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) account and I can access my funds anywhere in the world.

In terms of Tuition, Cost of Living, and Transportation. I have a student loan of $30,000 equivalent of $43,256 CAD to cover for tuition fee, cost of living and more. I have over 8,000,000 naira / $24,768 CAD in my account that will take care of my transportation, living expenses and more.

According to the IRCC portal, a sum total of 10,000 CAD + 3,000 CAD = 13,000 CAD is what is required for living expenses Transportation.

Again, the refusal letter states that I do not have sufficient funds to cater to the cost of living and transportation of any member(s) of my family traveling with me. This part is also false because I clearly stated that I will be traveling alone.

I have deferred my admission from May, 2023 to September, 2023. Please I need assistance on how to respond to all these with a Letter of Explanation as I plan on requesting for a reconsideration. A copy/format or sample of LoE, help or advice will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by scanice: 3:40pm On May 11, 2023
You can request for your medicals from the IOM Ikeja, because I did and got mine in my email. You can write them and you'll get it i think in less than 24hours or so.
thebabiebird:

Where did you do your medicals? Have you tried emailing the hospital?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by woffie: 3:47pm On May 11, 2023
Someone should help with an answer

Good day to gurus in the house.... Pls am an HND hold hoping to further my education in Canada,Can I use my HND to apply for 2years PGD program and travel together with my spouse. Thanks [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 3:57pm On May 11, 2023
woffie:
Someone should help with an answer

Good day to gurus in the house.... Pls am an HND hold hoping to further my education in Canada,Can I use my HND to apply for 2years PGD program and travel together with my spouse. Thanks

Yes, HND is acceptable for admission into PGD/PGC programs.

Yes, you can travel together with your spouse if you have the financial capability and your situation qualifies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 4:10pm On May 11, 2023
ShowYoung:

Without recourse to the CAD 9,000 funding from the university, you may or may not need CAD 9,300 more.

You said you had CAD 18,000 after conversion. It may not benefit you if you do conversion compared to presenting your account in Naira.

You may have used the black market rate which will short change you. IRCC don't deal with Nigerians using the black market rate, they deal with Nigerians using the official CBN rate which is around $1/341 and not $1/570.

You may want to recalculate your funds using the official rate and have your POF presented in Naira.

Although, if the CAD 9,000 funding from the university is recognized, you may not need any more fund; I will advise that you play safe by ignoring the funding and ensure you have your funds complete. By this, you may have eliminated the risk of refusal due to "Financial or Personal Assets."
Thanks a lot. My goodnews has dropped this afternoon o!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
Oh GOD! Thank you for your grace and mercy! Finally got my PPR this afternoon o. Many thanks to everyone in Nairaland that provided guidance in one way or the other to me. God bless you too. I will drop details later today.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 4:23pm On May 11, 2023
thanks for sharing
Ormonor:

I used a sponsor(my sister)

Documents submitted
Letter of explanation/sop
CV
Uni Cert
Nysc Cert
Professional Cert(COREN)
Leave letter
Letter of Recommendation from work
Police Clearance.
School fees receipt(paid 1st semester)

Sponsor’s document submitted
Letter of Sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsorship
Submitted 2 pics(childhood photo and her wedding day photo)
Change of name(prove that she’s my sister, that her last name changed due to marriage).
Bank statement(10million)
International passport
Work ID card.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chibzzy789: 4:29pm On May 11, 2023
SLOVFO:

Which government website are you talking about here? The Unified local government or federal marriage registries?(ministry of interior)? Even some local government marriage registries are not in their so called Unified local government marriage registries. I had this same confusion when I was processing my visa application too.

The legalisation of statutory marriage is an ongoing issue between the Federal marriage registries and the local government marriage registries. Both claim to be the only authentic one. After going back and forth between the two I opted for the local government marriage registry since it's cheaper and more convenient for me. My friend did the local government one and he is in the USA with his family now. You can Google it and make an informed decision from your deductions.

I was referring to the ministry of interior website. Thanks so much for your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chibzzy789: 4:33pm On May 11, 2023
zubizareta:

He shouldn't stress himself. He should just submit the wedding certificate He has along with wedding and family pictures if he has kids.

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Engr2016: 4:34pm On May 11, 2023
Hello everyone. Please thank God for me . After my refusal last year on 3rd November, I reapplied just last week Wednesday 3rd May 2023. Today I finally got answers to my prayers with PPR. Going to Alberta province for my 2nd MSc in Computer Science. I couldn't get a PhD admission with my current MSc in Information Technology. Glory to God. Thanks to my colleagues at Nairaland too. May God grant your requests too.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:36pm On May 11, 2023
CuriousGeorge:

Good morning everyone

Are you in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hommiekr(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2023
SandyDandy:
Greetings
Please what is the chances of getting students visa with your family, like family of 5. My Sister said the chances is 20% chances.

Or is better to apply alone first
Please someone should help me and answer me
If you have enough funds for your pof with good ties, go ahead

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by suavecool: 5:29pm On May 11, 2023
Congratulations! This one na miracle ooo...that was so fast

Engr2016:
Hello everyone. Please thank God for me . After my refusal last year on 3rd November, I reapplied just last week Wednesday 3rd May 2023. Today I finally got answers to my prayers with PPR. Going to Alberta province for my 2nd MSc in Computer Science. I couldn't get a PhD admission with my current MSc in Information Technology. Glory to God. Thanks to my colleagues at Nairaland too. May God grant your requests too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mightydude: 5:41pm On May 11, 2023
I'm glad I came across this page, I have been reading through with mixed feelings.

First is the good news from people that have gotten their ppr and second is that it seems my agent is actually not doing anything about my visa, else how do you explain not having any info after 4 months of giving him all the necessary things he needed to kick start the process.

From what I've seen on this thread, I should have atleast done medicals by now.

Pls I need an advice on what to do.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.