Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1213603 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 10:58am On Jun 01, 2023
Last year I applied for my study visa and got a refusal in December and the refusal based on gcms note was due to lack of proof of relationship/commitment from my sponsor,my sponsor is my elder bro tho he already paid my tuition deposit of 11500CAD.. it's a 2 year program costing about 37k for the two years.
As at when I applied last year, I used my brother (sponsor) fedility bank statement having closing bal of 15m.
Now I am about to apply for September intake,now i am using his GT bank statement and his closing balance is 13m, my fear now is wont a change of bank be a red flag becos I used his fedility bank last year which had 15m and now I am using his GT bank statement with has 13m as closing bal(both of his bank acc are his personal acc). wont the change in bank and the different closing bal of last year which was 15m and this year which is 13m be a red flag
Though my sponsor has enough properties to back his finances up as his the owner of a contracting firm in nigeria and also a lecturer in the UK owing 3C OF Os of landed properties and 3 heavy duty trucks and 3private vehicles.. Acc statement was not an issue in my first application.. was just proof of relationship/ commitments from my sponsor.. this time around, I added my sponsor attestation of birth(was absent in the first application) added his int.passport and a gift deed of 3m from him and also a recent pic of both of us.
Please please I need urgent answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Simtech299: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2023
Good Day
I have questions about CAD Student Visa
Please which school can I use that's not really expensive,
How can i [color=#006600][/color]take my wife and son with me with the visa
I will appreciate if anyone can put me through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wasiubello: 11:08am On Jun 01, 2023
My people good morning, I'm having challenge in booking appointment for biometric. I have tried all I could but to no avail. Their phone doesn't connect. I have already booked for medical for 5th and I need biometric booked for 6th.

Please can someone help me with link or email to book biometric? Ifs URGENT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Og21: 11:22am On Jun 01, 2023
Please is it possible that the 2 shots for Covid vaccine have the same batch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CuriousGeorge: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2023
Please I need someone to explain this proof of funds for me as a very lame man.Let’s say I get my admission in June and I begin visa application process in July and I submit my statement of account.Does the statement of account have to reflect the past 5months or what they need is how much is in that account for that month am applying for.
Please I need someone explain to me it’s really causing issues for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2023
wasiubello:
My people good morning, I'm having challenge in booking appointment for biometric. I have tried all I could but to no avail. Their phone doesn't connect. I have already booked for medical for 5th and I need biometric booked for 6th.

Please can someone help me with link or email to book biometric? Ifs URGENT

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

You select online when you get to the page, call or other options don't work.

Also, you can check youtube on how to go step by step.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 11:36am On Jun 01, 2023
Anyone else in the house that submitted application on or before May 11 that has gotten a decision or not should indicate please . IRCC is playing with my emotions 😩. Cos Decision to application lately is within 2 /3 weeks nau

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2023
Dessymond394:
Last year I applied for my study visa and got a refusal in December and the refusal based on
Though my sponsor has enough properties to back his finances up as his the owner of a contracting firm in nigeria and also a lecturer in the UK owing 3C OF Os of landed properties and 3 heavy duty trucks and 3private vehicles.. Acc statement was not an issue in my first application.. was just proof of relationship/ commitments from my sponsor.. this time around, I added my sponsor attestation of birth(was absent in the first application) added his int.passport and a gift deed of 3m from him and also a recent pic of both of us.
Please please I need urgent answers

Did you submit birth certificate of both of you showing that you share the same parents, did you submit any documents of your parents maybe NIN or international passport, did you show any previous expenses he has done for you as a support? Any old pictures together with your brother and members of your family?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by peejay03: 11:42am On Jun 01, 2023
Good Morning,

I am also going to Cambrian college in October and i also need a whatsapp or telegram group for the school, if any. Although, i have applied for my visa but still waiting for a decision.

If you find any cambrian college group, please tag me. Thank you.

Emmyomar:
Happy new month house,

Please can someone help me with Cambrian College WhatsApp platform link? Am going in October.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
In my previous application, I submitted just my brother international passport.. but for this current application...I added his attestation of birth and age declaration and also recent pic of both of us( could not find any childhood picture of us)
And for the commitment part, I added a gift deed , I think I should add one or two money transaction he has assisted me with in the past,
And please, what is your take concerning the different bank statement used in the previous application and this current application..first application was fedility bank with 15m, this current application is his GT account with 13m.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
He is my only brother
pristinee:

Did you submit birth certificate of both of you showing that you share the same parents, did you submit any documents of your parents maybe NIN or international passport, did you show any previous expenses he has done for you as a support? Any old pictures together with your brother and members of your family?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
In my previous application, I submitted just my brother international passport.. but for this current application...I added his attestation of birth and age declaration and also recent pic of both of us( could not find any childhood picture of us)
And for the commitment part, I added a gift deed , I think I should add one or two money transaction he has assisted me with in the past,
And please, what is your take concerning the different bank statement used in the previous application and this current application..first application was fedility bank with 15m, this current application is his GT account with 13m
pristinee:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kayceeskay(m): 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello everyone
Please do i need to show my sister’s employment letter as she is gifting me money for my POF and about to notarize a gift deed
But she cant find her employment letter and no pay stub.

Can i just submit the gift deed or is employment letter needed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good day, I was approved on May 3rd, and I submitted my passport and collected it back with my Visa, but my status has not been updated to show I have been approved. Also, the message "You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application." is still showing in my profile, despite having my Visa stamped passport with me. Is it something to be worried of, has any one experienced this before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Donmatlock: 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good day all and Happy New Month.
Please, I have been trying to pay for Canada visa application fee and biometrics but it keeps declining transactions.

Does it mean GTB Dollar Card is not accepted for payment?

What is the best way to make Canada visa fee payment in Nigeria. Please, anyone who has successfully made similar payment should help.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kayceeskay(m): 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello guys
I want to add my uncle as backup sponsor just to make my pof stronger
My uncle called his lawyer to do affidavit of support
But he’s not in the country now to sign it

If he sends me a picture of his signature and i add it to the affidavit, is it safe or will it be seen as illegal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dessymond394:
He is my only brother

No other proof to show that u have the same parent? Since that's d reason for your denial, u need all valuable document to that effect.

I mean your parent identity
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Cadygosh:
Good day, I was approved on May 3rd, and I submitted my passport and collected it back with my Visa, but my status has not been updated to show I have been approved. Also, the message "You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application." is still showing in my profile, despite having my Visa stamped passport with me. Is it something to be worried of, has any one experienced this before?

Have u received your LOI
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by williamsjay(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Please house,my admission starts in September,can I go next month? Will I have problems with immigration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dinma540: 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
I added just my mother Attestation of Birth, my mother does not have internationalpassport. My dad is late but I Also did a notarized affidavit of relationship between my elder brother and myself,it stated we are biological brothers from same parents..
pristinee:

No other proof to show that u have the same parent? Since that's d reason for your denial, u need all valuable document to that effect.

I mean your parent identity
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
Yes, I have since the 17th of May. But status is still saying in progress and that they are still reviewing my Eligibility.
pristinee:

Have u received your LOI
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
UPDATE

Okay long post alert!!!!

Timeline......
I had help from a family friend with first application
First application submitted January 20 - Biometrics done Jan 30 and updated same day
Jan 30 background check started
Then the wait started until Feb 18 - application refused
Same day I applied for CIBC notes but got it on March 16 ( 2 days before I reapplied because I add already given up on the notes and decided to reapply)
Refusal reason - source of funds and the officer was not satisfied that the proposed study will be a reasonable expenses (lol all this VO sef)

Used an Agent for the second
Second application submitted - March 18 ( a month after refusal coincidence actually because network delayed payment since 15th around when naira was going crazy and banks misbehaving)
No biometrics since I had already done it
Then I waited for like forever omo.... When I saw that my application was about 3 days to 7 weeks I couldn't wait anymore so I sent webform to remind them that I haven't gotten a decision
I sent webform on 2nd of May and got automatic response
Medical Request - May 5
I had already submitted upfront medicals in March so I messaged IOM they didn't reply my emails for like 2 weeks omo I vexed and went to their office on 22nd to complain they replied my email same day with my updated e-medical sheet
I had already sent different emails to IRCC within the weeks I was contacting IOM I fraustrated IOM lol
May 22 I resent email and webform(I don't know which was faster) to IRCC with my updated e-medical
PPR - May 27 (Children's day gift lol)

Documents....
Applicant:
1st Application
Application form
All other necessary forms
Questionnaire
Admission letter/LOA (Centennial college)
Deposit receipt
Waec results
Bsc Certificate
Int'l Passport data page
Birth certificate
Nin slip
Statement of purpose - wrote it as a letter this time

Sponsor:
Int'l Passport data page
Visa pages
Landed property - about 3
CAC document - only submitted Certificate of incorporation
POF and statement of account about 27m

Second application:
Same document as first application
Reconstructed SOP - added sections so it's easier to read
Added resume - even though I'm not working but I'm taking an internship so I guess it's still relevant
Transcript
Nysc callup letter and PPA letter - because I haven't gotten my certificate yet
Biometrics validity - since I had already done biometrics before
Upfront medicals
Full CAC documents
Some receipts of sponsor's business
sponsor's business card
Pictures of landed property
No survey - there was no time to find it so we move
Paid part of first semester tuition and added the receipt to back deposit payment
Police character certificate - my agent insisted I do it but then later I saw in my CIBC notes that It passed before - I was pained sha

I think that's everything even though I used an Agent I already knew most of these things so I technically did it myself lol and I wrote my SOP myself took days even weeks lol but I tried to make it as explanatory as possible
I also deferred my program from May to January.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
kayceeskay:
Hello everyone
Please do i need to show my sister’s employment letter as she is gifting me money for my POF and about to notarize a gift deed
But she cant find her employment letter and no pay stub.

Can i just submit the gift deed or is employment letter needed?

How much is she sending? If it's significantly much, then you might have to show it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dessymond394:
And please, what is your take concerning the different bank statement used in the previous application and this current application..first application was fedility bank with 15m, this current application is his GT account with 13m

The change in acct used doesn't matter. Your focus should be on convincing the vo on your relationship with your bro. But I think you have done enough from all you stated here. Notorize the gift deed if possible. Also in your sop, state the fact how he has previously shown commitments to your welfare in the past. Attach as many receipts of transactions as you can.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dessymond394:
I added just my mother Attestation of Birth, my mother does not have internationalpassport. My dad is late but I Also did a notarized affidavit of relationship between my elder brother and myself,it stated we are biological brothers from same parents..

Alright, lets wait for other people's input here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Cadygosh:
Yes, I have since the 17th of May. But status is still saying in progress and that they are still reviewing my Eligibility.

You have everything intact already. Nothing to worry about
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
CuriousGeorge:
Please I need someone to explain this proof of funds for me as a very lame man.Let’s say I get my admission in June and I begin visa application process in July and I submit my statement of account.Does the statement of account have to reflect the past 5months or what they need is how much is in that account for that month am applying for.
Please I need someone explain to me it’s really causing issues for me
Proof of funds:
From my experience, period of acct statement generated doesn't matter much as long as you can follow these guidelines. 3 months is okay sef. Though the recommended duration is 4 months minimum as stated on ircc website.

Ensure your opening balance isn't so low and suddenly you have a high closing balance of millions. Vo might see it as demonstrate purposes.

If any lump sums, explain them in details.
Allow other inflow and outflow to happen in that acct apart from the lump sums.
That opening and closing balance difference is very important.
So if you are planning to submit your application say by July, you ought to have built your acct starting from April atleast with a healthy opening balance. So by July, that would be 3 months duration. I submitted mine with a duration of just 2 months and 2 weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ok, thanks
pristinee:

You have everything intact already. Nothing to worry about
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dinma540: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gud2Gr8: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2023
zubizareta:

Yes he can but the educational gap has to be explained in your sop.
Use your husband as home ties to improve your chances of getting Visa
Pls how and when is it advisable for the husband and children to apply for their own visas.

And what should they use as home ties?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ups no longer do 2 way delivery. U HV to contact vfs for their own courier or u go there by urself from 12pm -2pm to collect it by urself
Dinma540:
Please how long those it take ups to deliver ones package I got mail since 3oth may that it is ready for pick up and I paid ups for sending and returning, I have tracked is not showing anything should I go to vfs office myself. I need help on this

(1) (2) (3) ... (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.