Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1213623 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Julskent: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hi guys, please I'm plan on applying for a study visa, however I have the all money in my account with no sponsor.

While applying, how do i prove the source of income, coz I have no actual job, I'm into crypto trading and NFTS.

Please I need your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
Does opening balance really matter? I don't think so. Someone may have opened a bank account long time ago with even 1k but in a space of 4 month or even less, transaction of million can start entering the bank account..if the source of the funds can be proven if the owner of the account is into a business that's worth the millions coming in..my elder brother opening account balance is 1k cos he opened the account while he was still in the university now the account is worth millions.. under 4 months that same account read above 10m cos he owns a constructing company and also a lecturer in the UK now. I think proving the source of funds is what Is important and good closing balance and not the opening balance.. you can oppose with good reason if you think am wrong
zubizareta:

Proof of funds:
From my experience, period of acct statement generated doesn't matter much as long as you can follow these guidelines. 3 months is okay sef. Though the recommended duration is 4 months minimum as stated on ircc website.

Ensure your opening balance isn't so low and suddenly you have a high closing balance of millions. Vo might see it as demonstrate purposes.

If any lump sums, explain them in details.
Allow other inflow and outflow to happen in that acct apart from the lump sums.
That opening and closing balance difference is very important.
So if you are planning to submit your application say by July, you ought to have built your acct starting from April atleast with a healthy opening balance. So by July, that would be 3 months duration. I submitted mine with a duration of just 2 months and 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hmmmmm...well, my cousin did submit on 4th May, did Biometrics on 11th, got refused on 19th May.

He applied for Gcms note same 19th and also reapplied adding his first semester receipt and his elder bro as co-sponsor.

We are hoping for the best...his Eligibility started today.
jaydave:
Anyone else in the house that submitted application on or before May 11 that has gotten a decision or not should indicate please . IRCC is playing with my emotions 😩. Cos Decision to application lately is within 2 /3 weeks nau
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
For my younger brother last year, I gave him a notarized gift deed and attached my salary account statement and work ID.
He travelled this January for Winter session.

kayceeskay:
Hello everyone
Please do i need to show my sister’s employment letter as she is gifting me money for my POF and about to notarize a gift deed
But she cant find her employment letter and no pay stub.

Can i just submit the gift deed or is employment letter needed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dinma540: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
angie88:
Ups no longer do 2 way delivery. U HV to contact vfs for their own courier or u go there by urself from 12pm -2pm to collect it by urself

Ok thanks but they collected money 2 way money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olabisi6438(f): 2:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello guys, the POF for the study Permit, how many year tuition POF is required if my father is sponsoring.

Wondering if my dad POF has to cover my 4year tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by acelaw: 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
Fogun:

Congratulations, please how did you make the wire transfer for the GIC, can I use my friend's domiciliary account?

thanks,

Please see the procedure for GIC below. You should ensure that the USD in your account was made via transfer and not cash deposit. If the USD in your account was sent deposited via cash deposit, it cannot be transferred. Also note that you can only make a deposit into the GIC account just once.

The total bank charges on the 20CAD GIC was about N55,000.

Procedure to open GIC in Canada

First you go to there website https://pay.cibc.com/ISBO/payment/#/ and create a profile.
1. You are applying for student GIC program

2. Minimum amount is $10000, you can do upto $20000 but bear in mind that this money will only be available on tranches for a period of 8 months or so.

3. Select resident country

4. Do not check the I'd like to pay in canadian dollars box

5.. you will see an amount in USD click on it and continue, that amount will be held for 20 minutes while u fill the form

6. After filling the form you will be contacted by the bank in 1-2 business days with an account number to pay into

7.. proceed to the bank and make the payment from a USD account

NOTE: payment can be only made once before you arrive to Canada. And PAYMENT MUST BE MADE FROM THE SAME NAME ACCOUNT OTHERWISE THEY WILL RETURN YOUR MONEY

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
Gud2Gr8:

Pls how and when is it advisable for the husband and children to apply for their own visas.

And what should they use as home ties?

Thank you
Its usually better to apply when the primary applicant is in Canada already.
You can use your job or business as home ties.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dessymond394:
Does opening balance really matter? I don't think so. Someone may have opened a bank account long time ago with even 1k but in a space of 4 month or even less, transaction of million can start entering the bank account..if the source of the funds can be proven if the owner of the account is into a business that's worth the millions coming in..my elder brother opening account balance is 1k cos he opened the account while he was still in the university now the account is worth millions.. under 4 months that same account read above 10m cos he owns a constructing company and also a lecturer in the UK now. I think proving the source of funds is what Is important and good closing balance and not the opening balance.. you can oppose with good reason if you think am wrong

Opening balance also matters. We have seen refusal notes posted here where VOs pointed out on low opening balance as one of reasons of rejection.
Ofcourse you will explain lump sums and all that but if you can avoid low opening balance it will help your case. VOs differ, you never can tell the one you will meet handling your application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalatise1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello my people...am currently based in the UK...I got here last year. I want to apply for study permit in Canada. Should I apply from the UK or from naija? Considering Home ties. I have 3 kids and a wife, we are here together in England...my fees is 15k cad. Please should my POF be too. Pls my ogas and sister in the house. Kindly advise me in details. Love u all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Slimboss042: 2:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
jaydave:
Anyone else in the house that submitted application on or before May 11 that has gotten a decision or not should indicate please . IRCC is playing with my emotions 😩. Cos Decision to application lately is within 2 /3 weeks nau
🙋‍♂️ I submitted on the 3rd of may, PPR on the 18th of may. Too Just 15 days to get my PPR

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hpesojalo: 3:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello everyone, please I really need your advises on this application.

I applied for study visa 4days ago so yesterday I discovered that we are not supposed to use the online bank statement instead we should request the official bank statement with reference letter from the bank and also noticed we made mistakes in some places

So requested the application to be withdrawn yesterday which will take 28days to be processed.

Now we already got the official bank statement with stamps and reference letter from bank, so now my questions is can I submit a new application while the previous one is still processing to be withdrawn.

🫠🫠

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2023
Yes you can....For me,
I omitted my dependents when I submitted my first Application...had to withdraw the next day and submit the complete application with my dependents. It was withdrawn less than 10days later.

Hpesojalo:

I applied for study visa 4days ago so yesterday I discovered that we are not supposed to use the online bank statement instead we should request the official bank statement with reference letter from the bank and also noticed we made mistakes in some places

So requested the application to be withdrawn yesterday which will take 28days to be processed.

Now we already got the official bank statement with stamps and reference letter from bank, so now my questions is can I submit a new application while the previous one is still processing to be withdrawn.

🫠🫠
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by janKe: 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
Please can anyone share details of any WhatsApp group for new Brunswick community college (NBCC) September 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ok.. so what do you do if your sponsor opening balance is low.my brother opening balance is low less than 1k cos he opened the account many years ago while he was still in the university...so what do you think can be done?
zubizareta:

Opening balance also matters. We have seen refusal notes posted here where VOs pointed out on low opening balance as one of reasons of rejection.
Ofcourse you will explain lump sums and all that but if you can avoid low opening balance it will help your case. VOs differ, you never can tell the one you will meet handling your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hpesojalo:

🫠🫠

Why didn't you ask this question before withdrawing your application? You just trying to complicate your application. Wait for it to be withdrawn before applying as applying now will just end up delaying processing of both.

You shouldn't have withdrawn your application because many ppl including me have used online generated SOA from mobile apps without any official stamp or reference letter and still get ppr.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dessymond394:
Ok.. so what do you do if your sponsor opening balance is low.my brother opening balance is low less than 1k cos he opened the account many years ago while he was still in the university...so what do you think can be done?

Build the acct. And give plausible explanations of lump sum. I am not saying every low opening balance leads to refusals, just saying some VO in the past have cited it as a red flag.

What u did was I built my acct for 2 months plus. The first sum I received was 300k on Feb 15th, so I generated my SOA from Feb 16th. So opening balance was 310k. Then I allowed daily cash inflow and outflows apart from other lump sums that entered which I also explained in details with proofs of receipts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
olabisi6438:
Hello guys, the POF for the study Permit, how many year tuition POF is required if my father is sponsoring.

Wondering if my dad POF has to cover my 4year tuition
One year. But he has to show where funds for subsequent years will come from.- Employment/ Salary , business etc backed up with adequate documentation.
The letter of support must clearly state this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 4:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Oh I understand you better now.. I thought you were referring to the first amount of money you used in creating the bank account... I see that you are referring to the transaction balance shown for first day on your statement of account for visa application and not the amount you used in creating/opening your bank account...the account am about to use has less than 1k used in creating the bank account, the account has been very active for years.. I plan on using 4months statement, so the first transaction amount on the bank statement is what you are referring to.. my sponsor starting balance for feb was about 350k so am covered that is what you were trying to explain right?..
zubizareta:

Build the acct. And give plausible explanations of lump sum. I am not saying every low opening balance leads to refusals, just saying some VO in the past have cited it as a red flag.

What u did was I built my acct for 2 months plus. The first sum I received was 300k on Feb 15th, so I generated my SOA from Feb 16th. So opening balance was 310k. Then I allowed daily cash inflow and outflows apart from other lump sums that entered which I also explained in details with proofs of receipts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hpesojalo: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
CindyByFine:
Yes you can....For me,
I omitted my dependents when I submitted my first Application...had to withdraw the next day and submit the complete application with my dependents. It was withdrawn less than 10days later.

Wow! Thanks for your reply, Please do you reapply after the withdrawal or even before they withdraw it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hpesojalo: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
zubizareta:

Why didn't you ask this question before withdrawing your application? You just trying to complicate your application. Wait for it to be withdrawn before applying as applying now will just end up delaying processing of both.

You shouldn't have withdrawn your application because many ppl including me have used online generated SOA from mobile apps without any official stamp or reference letter and still get ppr.

Yeah you are right, that was my mistake. I’m just trying to find a way to rectify the issue.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hpesojalo: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello Everyone, please can I used the Normal Bank statement to apply for study Visa using the new IRCC portal or is it compulsory I used my bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dessymond394:
Oh I understand you better now.. I thought you were referring to the first amount of money you used in creating the bank account... I see that you are referring to the transaction balance shown for first day on your statement of account for visa application and not the amount you used in creating/opening your bank account...the account am about to use has less than 1k used in creating the bank account, the account has been very active for years.. I plan on using 4months statement, so the first transaction amount on the bank statement is what you are referring to.. my sponsor starting balance for feb was about 350k so am covered that is what you were trying to explain right?..

Yes. I was referring to the amount shown on the first day of the SOA you generated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hpesojalo:
Hello Everyone, please can I used the Normal Bank statement to apply for study Visa using the new IRCC portal or is it compulsory I used my bank statement?

You can use your online bank statement. However if your SOA will be bulky especially as you plan to use the new portal, then go for the MBS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oghenetegababe(f): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Part2/update

My application was approved may 25th 2023
Passport submission was 26th. I live in Abj
Passport collected june 1st 2023.

Again, i thank God almighty for his divine mercy and grace and @Bullstriker for being my consultant.. thank You sir.

NOTE, My consultant submitted my application on my behalf, he handled everything.

Documents....
Applicant:Self Employed single with no kids sponsor : my sister same father and mother
Application form
All other necessary forms
Questionnaire
Admission letter/LOA (Centennial college)
Deposit receipt
Waec results
Bsc Certificate
University transcript
Int'l Passport data page
Birth cerficate from national population
Nin slip
Business CAC
Business shop photos
Online business page facebook/instagram. My business is a fashion store
Gtb mbs personal account 1.3m
Family photos with my sponsor,my dad and my siblings
Photos in my business place and with friends
Waybill receipts
Invoices for customers
Business complimentary card
Siblings Nin
My dad Nin
Passport photograph softcopy
SoP

Upfront medicals/medical sheets uploaded
These are the docs i submitted to my immigration consultant.

Sponsor:
Int'l Passport data page
Landed property - just 1
POF and statement of account 14m+
GtB MBS Salary account (6months.)
Reference Letter from sponsor employer
Birth certificate
Affidavit of sponsorship
Sponsor Employment letter/ Promotion letter
Change of name (Newspaper publication)
Work I.D

Above all, All Glory to God.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by askarachi: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
What month did you apply?
Kranjar:
Good afternoon, please can someone confirm what month Access bank is currently with the form A disbursement? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by askarachi: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
My Application date is February 22nd. I really hope they attend to it before anything happens to the exchange rate
ShowYoung:

February 8, 2023 application is treated today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by okomoney: 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
OlisaChebe:
For Current/Prospective Nigerian Students in Durham College. You can join the DC telegram group through this link

https:///+E3s_y0kQvotiOTU8

i am expecting offer in Durhan college ontario, add me up +971581092946
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
zubizareta:

The change in acct used doesn't matter. Your focus should be on convincing the vo on your relationship with your bro. But I think you have done enough from all you stated here. Notorize the gift deed if possible. Also in your sop, state the fact how he has previously shown commitments to your welfare in the past. Attach as many receipts of transactions as you can.
Bro weldone.
Pls if someone have already applied for visa ,but still want to add a document after 2wks of applying,is it possible?
Thnks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
Zane2point4:

Bro weldone.
Pls if someone have already applied for visa ,but still want to add a document after 2wks of applying,is it possible?
Thnks
I think I read here that ircc has stopped that. If they need additional docs, they will request for it. What document do you want to add
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mfonox: 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dessymond394:

I don’t think u understand what Opening balance is. It’s not the amount u used to open the account many years ago. But the amount it opens with for the period u are presenting. Eg. If u are presenting a statement from Feb to June. The opening balance as at Feb 1st

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinaza93(f): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
beccadamilola:

UPDATE

Okay long post alert!!!!

Timeline......
I had help from a family friend with first application
First application submitted January 20 - Biometrics done Jan 30 and updated same day
Jan 30 background check started
Then the wait started until Feb 18 - application refused
Same day I applied for CIBC notes but got it on March 16 ( 2 days before I reapplied because I add already given up on the notes and decided to reapply)
Refusal reason - source of funds and the officer was not satisfied that the proposed study will be a reasonable expenses (lol all this VO sef)

Used an Agent for the second
Second application submitted - March 18 ( a month after refusal coincidence actually because network delayed payment since 15th around when naira was going crazy and banks misbehaving)
No biometrics since I had already done it
Then I waited for like forever omo.... When I saw that my application was about 3 days to 7 weeks I couldn't wait anymore so I sent webform to remind them that I haven't gotten a decision
I sent webform on 2nd of May and got automatic response
Medical Request - May 5
I had already submitted upfront medicals in March so I messaged IOM they didn't reply my emails for like 2 weeks omo I vexed and went to their office on 22nd to complain they replied my email same day with my updated e-medical sheet
I had already sent different emails to IRCC within the weeks I was contacting IOM I fraustrated IOM lol
May 22 I resent email and webform(I don't know which was faster) to IRCC with my updated e-medical
PPR - May 27 (Children's day gift lol)

Documents....
Applicant:
1st Application
Application form
All other necessary forms
Questionnaire
Admission letter/LOA (Centennial college)
Deposit receipt
Waec results
Bsc Certificate
Int'l Passport data page
Birth certificate
Nin slip
Statement of purpose - wrote it as a letter this time

Sponsor:
Int'l Passport data page
Visa pages
Landed property - about 3
CAC document - only submitted Certificate of incorporation
POF and statement of account about 27m

Second application:
Same document as first application
Reconstructed SOP - added sections so it's easier to read
Added resume - even though I'm not working but I'm taking an internship so I guess it's still relevant
Transcript
Nysc callup letter and PPA letter - because I haven't gotten my certificate yet
Biometrics validity - since I had already done biometrics before
Upfront medicals
Full CAC documents
Some receipts of sponsor's business
sponsor's business card
Pictures of landed property
No survey - there was no time to find it so we move
Paid part of first semester tuition and added the receipt to back deposit payment
Police character certificate - my agent insisted I do it but then later I saw in my CIBC notes that It passed before - I was pained sha

I think that's everything even though I used an Agent I already knew most of these things so I technically did it myself lol and I wrote my SOP myself took days even weeks lol but I tried to make it as explanatory as possible
I also deferred my program from May to January.

Helo pls I jus sent u an email. Pls I want to ask u some questions pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: Feignlies(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.