Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220713 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
Chocs:
Hi there,

You can add your industrial training and NYSC

Cheers

Thanks a lot and God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
JUNE 23RD. MEDICALS UPDATED 5TH AUGUST. SINCE THEN I NEVER HEAR PIM or POM

I have deferred my application to January.

sambless2013:
June 25th applicant.. I never hear anything o
I'm tempted to pay fees and start online today.. cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtyOgor4g: 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
[quote author=sos123 post=116255736]JUNE 23RD. MEDICALS UPDATED 5TH AUGUST. SINCE THEN I NEVER HEAR PIM or POM

I have deferred my application to January.

Is your school doing on-line? What school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Today is too dry. God abeg o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2022
@Justmellow @gigdraft @technix
They are here on Nairaland.
Ichabodcrane:
I need someone that can write a good sop. I'll pay u handsomely.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by matthew080: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello my ppl
I need help
Since july when an agent apply for me, I have not been able to open the gckey, I have tried everything I know,but he can open it at his end,
Pls I need help on how to open this gckey
Pls help if u know about this
Or is it only the person that apply can open it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2022
Keneoje:

Congratulations. Pls what is the email address for IRCC that you used.
Thanks

Please ask jimogh111 -- the person I quoted. He is the one who emailed IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
kennyjoy:

Hi Olutoyiin, Here's one I'm sure he will inquire on your behalf.

Marc.Dalton@parl.gc.ca

However, make sure your email is concise, (go straight to the point), and includes all of your application details.

Best wishes.
I was able to reach the Mp and he got back to me, that my medicals and criminality passed. No information on my eligibility; I guess eligibility is yet to start. Though he said that according to the timelines for processing, I should be expecting a decision Mid-september.

It is well,
Thank you for the assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hi there,

Did the agent give you your username and password? What does it tell you when you try to login? Anyone can login if they have the username and password, not just the person who applied. See a screenshot below of what it looks like.

Cheers
matthew080:
Hello my ppl
I need help
Since july when an agent apply for me, I have not been able to open the gckey, I have tried everything I know,but he can open it at his end,
Pls I need help on how to open this gckey
Pls help if u know about this
Or is it only the person that apply can open it?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onispark: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hi Please, can someone tell me if Canadian Border officials will cause problems for you if you arrive Canada after the start of classes? Booking flights for next week is very difficult and VISA was just collected on Monday.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Clean4sureme: 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
Honestly today dry.
Abi no be Thursday we dey like this again?
We need congratulations
Let it rain in Jesus name �
lilangel20:
Me too o...
Make person just open floor
Here too dry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hi there,

I had someone who had an issue because they were resuming late (~2 weeks late). The official tried to contact the school to verify that the person was genuinely a student and was allowed to start late but couldn’t get through to them. His saving grace was the fact that he had reached out to professors via email informing them he’d be starting late and had asked that they shared assignments or any relevant info with him which they did. He completed assignments from Naija and submitted them via email. When the officials couldn’t reach his school via phone, he showed them these email conversations and he was allowed to come in.

Schools usually have their policy on late resumption, it’ll be helpful to check with them what the allowed last date for resumption is.

Cheers
onispark:
Hi Please, can someone tell me if Canadian Border officials will cause problems for you if you arrive Canada after the start of classes? Booking flights for next week is very difficult and VISA was just collected on Monday.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Draybaba0103(m): 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please I need help with a list of colleges that are still open for the winter session /or summer session for 2023, with a fast admission process with a moderate tuition deposit.
Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by InfoPlz: 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Presently, you can't use naira cards to pay for admission application fees, one of the other options is to get a dollar card and fund it your self to make the payment(I guess this is why you were told to get FX from the parallel market to fund the card because CBN does not allocate funds for such purpose)

If you have a trusted person overseas they can help you pay while you give then naira equivalent after negotiation on the applicable rate which might not be as high as parallel market rates, but you must be absolutely sure you trust the person so they do not go behind you and initiate a chargeback.

Regards

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by InfoPlz: 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
AkeemTy:
If you need to pay admission fees, you can buy dollars and deposit into your dollar card or use a virtual dollar card you can fund with Naira or crypto currency to make the payment. Certainly you have to buy at black market rate for that purpose.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Chocs:
Hi there,

Whichever way you go should work out. Deed or no deed. A deed of gift probably makes it look better but people have gotten approved without it.

Your mum should state that she has provided your first semester tuition and provided your upkeep money in her sponsorship letter. You should also highlight the transaction in your letter of explanation/statement of purpose.

Thank you

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
Amen o...
Tomorrow go make plenty sense
Clean4sureme:
Honestly today dry.
Abi no be Thursday we dey like this again?
We need congratulations
Let it rain in Jesus name �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
Name of program? 1-year or 2-year program?
Draybaba0103:
Hello everyone,
Please I need help with a list of colleges that are still open for the winter session /or summer session for 2023, with a fast admission process with a moderate tuition deposit.
Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
In addition to what @Chocs has mentioned, get an enrolment letter from the school before leaving. You must be registered for courses to get an enrolment letter.
onispark:

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Draybaba0103(m): 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
Any IT-related courses preferably Cybersecurity or Cloud Computing. 1 year program. I have a background of Computer Science.Thank you
bullstriker:
Name of program? 1-year or 2-year program?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hi NL gurus,
How many times did I need to send webform before it can reflect on my application.

I sent one since July and it is still not reflecting on my Portal.

Please who can help me about this.
This documents are urgently needed to be added.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onispark: 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
Thanks a lot for this!

Chocs:
Hi there,

I had someone who had an issue because they were resuming late (~2 weeks late). The official tried to contact the school to verify that the person was genuinely a student and was allowed to start late but couldn’t get through to them. His saving grace was the fact that he had reached out to professors via email informing them he’d be starting late and had asked that they shared assignments or any relevant info with him which they did. He completed assignments from Naija and submitted them via email. When the officials couldn’t reach his school via phone, he showed them these email conversations and he was allowed to come in.

Schools usually have their policy on late resumption, it’ll be helpful to check with them what the allowed last date for resumption is.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onispark: 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
Thank you!

bullstriker:
In addition to what @Chocs has mentioned, get an enrolment letter from the school before leaving. You must be registered for courses to get an enrolment letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fendy34(f): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
I submitted my passport to vfs Abuja and but did biometrics in Lagos. Just found out that I needed to pay a transmission fee. What’s going to happen to my file ... I’ve not been able to contact the vfs abj people . Anyone in this situation before or knows what to do?

Please help a brother ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
bullstriker:

Is it advisable for those of us who are yet to pay tuition fees plus the deposit and yet to get study permit approval to enroll for courses?

If yes or no, why and why not?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillary4003: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2022
from what i've read they will either contact you and then you'll pay.or they will send your passport back unstamped my advice- keep on calling them and ask what to do or pay and send the proof in an email, but please call them and ask for more information first thing tomorrow or better yet go to the vfs office lagos
Fendy34:

I submitted my passport to vfs Abuja and but did biometrics in Lagos. Just found out that I needed to pay a transmission fee. What’s going to happen to my file ... I’ve not been able to contact the vfs abj people . Anyone in this situation before or knows what to do?

Please help a brother ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Snooky: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hi guys, please is it the black market rate or the CBN rate that the visa officer uses to calculate the CAD equivalent of our study visa proof of funds which is in our naira account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
The enrolment letter I suggested was for people travelling to Canada after their program has started; CBSA will likely ask for it in addition to the admission letter.
Regarding your application in process with IRCC, you can get an updated admission letter or commence your program online if your school offers an online program.
Ocool:

Is it advisable for those of us who are yet to pay tuition fees plus the deposit and yet to get study permit approval to enroll for courses?

If yes or no, why and why not?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E
Snooky:
Hi guys, please is it the black market rate or the CBN rate that the visa officer uses to calculate the CAD equivalent of our study visa proof of funds which is in our naira account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oluwapelumidada(f): 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
Alright thank you
Treasure134:

You will have to ask he/she if they do, from their response you will know if your agent do or not

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.