Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220754 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
No more advertisement here. No more scammers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
I see Joy everywhere, What God cannot do does not exist #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
Benstephen9:
I’m so grateful to God… I can’t believe I’m sharing my story..

It all started at October 2021, firstly I tried USA and I was denied without even knowing the reason. My application was handled by course mate in undergraduate here in Nigerian. He travelled to Canada last year and did his application and visa by himself… he is a genius sha…
He assured me I will get Canada that I should give it a try.. he helped me in all the processes without taken a fee that if my visa get approved I can appreciate him(there are good people)

So he helped me in my admission and I got admitted in to 2 different school. He wrote all my SOP for all my admission

On January 25th 2022 he submitted my visa after which I knew about naira land. So i noticed that we have to state our visa denial from reading the thread. I initially ignored it so I got information from this thread to send web form of which I sent by immediately.

Looongggggg wait
Order gcms note it says “recommend interview” some say it is a positive sign..

Lonnggg wait emailing Mp none replied me.

On. 17 August I got Bvl without decision.. I just gave up. I was depressed after all this long wait I will be denied (my mind telling me). My friend that did my application drafted a mail to send to them after 10 days of wait. On Monday 29th August I emailed them by 7:00am and by 11:30 am my ppr dropped.

Because of depression I travelled to stay with my parents so I got the good new with them(family is everything)

First time applicant
Submitted 25th January 2022
Medical pass 14 February 2022
Bvl 17th August
Ppr 29 August

Special thanks to my friend ikebobo and his brother Emeka(you guess are friends that can be called brothers) I didn’t pay any fee. The confidence and encouragement. And thanks to Nairaland Canada thread for your assistance I really appreciate

Congratulations oh

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
Mobiyinogal:
Grace Grace Grace has found me.
My PPPPPPPPRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Has landed ohhhhhh it can only be God. I give glory to God.
It’s a reapplication got refusal last year October

Submitted June 28th
Upfront Medicals done June 17th
Medicals passed July 20th
Eligibility started August 5th
BVL 2nd September
PPR 2nd September

Congratulations oh

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
Congratulations! When did you give your biometrics? Your application was processed very quickly.

Mobiyinogal:
My PPPPPPPPRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Has landed ohhhhhh it can only be God. I give glory to God.

Submitted June 28th
BVL 2nd September
PPR 2nd September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fumybakes: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
Congratulations. I am the next
Mobiyinogal:

Submitted June 28th
BVL 2nd September
PPR 2nd September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Good day, house.

I got my stamped passport back from Abuja. To and fro, it took 13 days.

I'm booking my flight any moment, and need your help.

Which flights allow passengers to carry 2 * 23Kg boxes and a hand luggage?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
Chocs:
You could get between 16 months and 3 years, depending on the program. You can look up IRCC’s detailed explanation by googling ‘determining the length of the post-graduation work permit Canada’

Cheers
Please can you drop the link to the site and the program is MBA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oluoxide2(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
bepositive11:
Congratulations! When did you give your biometrics? Your application was processed very quickly.

He said it is reapplication, in such case, there's no need to give biometrics again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by favourdamsel: 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Lovely landing gist. Wish you success in Canada
francisxbee:
Landing Gist.
LANDING GIST
LAGOS - FRANKFURT - Toronto - Windsor
Airline - Lufthansa / Air Canada
Date - August 29th 2022.
Time - 11pm.

I arrived Lagos airport around 5PM. Went to join queue to weigh baggage, got to my turn and my bags were overweight. Lagos airport was extremely hot. Thank God I came with extra bag. So I had to rearrange cause they were items I couldn't leave behind. Lufthansa charges 80k to upgrade to 32KG but I decided to pay 132k for extra 23KG bag.
This is because initially I had tried to find a way to cargo the items but I think the price I got was at 5k/KG so I kuku left it. Joined queue again to reweigh again and this time I begged the lady and she allowed me sta there and counter balance( Lufthansa has a rule, you weigh, go and rebalance and join queue.) I couldn't join queue for a third time so I begged her. Done with weighing then I paid those guys to wrap my bag. Cost 1k/ bag. Proceeded to get my boarding pass.Thereafter I went outside the airport to spend some time with family and friends cause they were strict. Only my mum and sister were able to get in.
Went back inside around 9PM and they had already started boarding. Boarded and flight left Naija For Frankfurt  around 11:10. Food was good. Pasta and salad. They also shared fruit salad later on.
Arrived Frankfurt at 6:20. FrankFurt Time. Had a layover of 3 hours. Frankfurt airport is beautiful.
Next Air Canada delayed our flight for an hour.
Boarded around 11:15 AM. And another long journey started to Toronto. Aircanada had movies. Food served mashed potatoes and chicken. They had pasta as well. Later on they also shared chicken pie. And also shared headphones to all passengers. We arrived Toronto At 1:18PM toronto time. Those with connecting flights were given priority while getting off the airplane. Got off and went to immigration. We were told to sit then a lady took us in 60s to another place where you do self declaration. Only our letters of introduction were collected. And they started giving us permit. Rushed to my gate for the next flight to windsor. That one was delayed too for another 1 hour. But we sha moved.
Arrived Windsor went to baggage claim to get my bags. My bags weren't checked at all. Still wrapped the way they were from Lagos.
Well that's just about it. Wishing everyone success in their journeys and applications. God be with everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
Mobiyinogal:

Submitted June 28th
BVL 2nd September
PPR 2nd September
Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
Congratulations
Benstephen9:
I’m so grateful to God… I can’t believe I’m sharing my story..

It all started at October 2021, firstly I tried USA and I was denied without even knowing the reason. My application was handled by course mate in undergraduate here in Nigerian. He travelled to Canada last year and did his application and visa by himself… he is a genius sha…
He assured me I will get Canada that I should give it a try.. he helped me in all the processes without taken a fee that if my visa get approved I can appreciate him(there are good people)

So he helped me in my admission and I got admitted in to 2 different school. He wrote all my SOP for all my admission

On January 25th 2022 he submitted my visa after which I knew about naira land. So i noticed that we have to state our visa denial from reading the thread. I initially ignored it so I got information from this thread to send web form of which I sent by immediately.

Looongggggg wait
Order gcms note it says “recommend interview” some say it is a positive sign..

Lonnggg wait emailing Mp none replied me.

On. 17 August I got Bvl without decision.. I just gave up. I was depressed after all this long wait I will be denied (my mind telling me). My friend that did my application drafted a mail to send to them after 10 days of wait. On Monday 29th August I emailed them by 7:00am and by 11:30 am my ppr dropped.

Because of depression I travelled to stay with my parents so I got the good new with them(family is everything)

First time applicant
Submitted 25th January 2022
Medical pass 14 February 2022
Bvl 17th August
Ppr 29 August

Special thanks to my friend ikebobo and his brother Emeka(you guess are friends that can be called brothers) I didn’t pay any fee. The confidence and encouragement. And thanks to Nairaland Canada thread for your assistance I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
That could get me banned on here. You can send me a private message and I’ll forward the link to you.
Ojb555666:

Please can you drop the link to the site and the program is MBA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by duke2000: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
Gurus in the house, please a quick one on POE:
PPR received but no PoE introduction letter. When is the letter expected? Does it get returned with the stamped passport or must appear on the portal? Has anyone received it with PPR together?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Keneoje: 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
bepositive11:

Please ask jimogh111 -- the person I quoted. He is the one who emailed IRCC.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
The letter of introduction will show up on your portal around the time when your passport is stamped. You can show the printed copy or electronic copy at the POE.

Cheers
duke2000:
PPR received but no PoE introduction letter. When is the letter expected? Does it get returned with the stamped passport or must appear on the portal? Has anyone received it with PPR together?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name

Mobiyinogal:

Submitted June 28th
BVL 2nd September
PPR 2nd September

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by match2016: 2:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Congratulations to all PPRsss.... Mine too is coming soon by Gods grace.

May 20th applicant
Medicals- passed July 20
Biometrics- updated to pass since August 11
Background check- done upfront but not yet updated.

I have emailed MP no response yet and been sending weekly webforms, but I remain hopeful. I have also ordered GCMS notes no response yet.

Please gurus in the house, my school was meant to resume on the 6th of September and they have given the option to start online and join the by September 30 hoping I get my visa/ PPR by then. Is this acceptable? Thank you. And also if there is anything else I should be doing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtyOgor4g: 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Mobiyinogal:

Submitted June 28th
BVL 2nd September congrats old or new portal
PPR 2nd September

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Oluoxide2:

He said it is reapplication, in such case, there's no need to give biometrics again.

Thanks. I missed that part.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtyOgor4g: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Please I have a question to ask my thoughts why does some application get approved faster than the other no matter how early you submit what could be the factor. Same apply to start of eligibility

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kokojohnson: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I applied for Canada Tourist Visa since December 2021 and till now, I have not received a decision from them. I contacted them and them sent me the below message. Please share your thought, please has any one received this kinda message below? What is Canada Embassy in Nairobi Kenya trying to say?

Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Regards,
Migration Office | Bureau de migration
High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box / C.P. 1013, Limuru Road, 00621 – Nairobi, Kenya

justwise:
This is part 22

Part 21 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hello duke

Once your passport is stamped, it will drop in your portal..

Peace
duke2000:

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teebabe2806: 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
Omo!!! August people don dey get PPR oooo. I tap from such blessings IJN. July applicant cry

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hello XtyOgor4g

As we all know, no 2 applications are the same. There are many factors that determines the different timelines for different applications and I am going to mention a few..

1. Visa Officers- Canada Visa applications are assigned to different Visa Officers. What will take Visa Officer A, 1 month to handle can take Visa Officer B 2 weeks to handle..

2. Background Check (Info sharing)- Applicant A has travelled to 5 different countries, Applicant B has toured round the World and Applicant C hasn't left Nigeria in his life. And we all know there are many stages a visa application go through before a final decision is made for that application, one of these stages is what is called Background check(Info sharing) i.e the Canadian embassy communicates with other countries an applicant has travelled to in the past and get information about the immigration status of such applicant in these countries, if the applicant defaulted or not. Now compare the Info sharing stage of an applicant that has travelled round the world and the one that has not left the state in Nigeria he/she resides.

3. Documents submitted- Applicant A submits too many docs that are not really necessary, some submit documents from their grandfather/grandmother, from church/mosque, from primary school or coaching lesson before getting admission into University, e.t.c. And Applicant B submits few docs. Now you cant compare the time the Visa Officers will spend reviewing the docs of Applicant A with his grandfather's docs and Applicant B with few docs...

There are so many factors to this, but I will stop with just these 3 factors.

Peace

XtyOgor4g:
Please I have a question to ask my thoughts why does some application get approved faster than the other no matter how early you submit what could be the factor. Same apply to start of eligibility

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thanks Cadygosh for this..

I actually saw his post before seeing yours, but I chose to ignore, as I do not have the luxury of time to exchange words with anybody especially when the person is trying hard to get attention.

I spend little time here, and it would be a waste of time using the limited time I have here to argue with someone that just joined this thread less than a month..

Thanks once again Cadygosh for having my back in my absence even though I do not know you.. Thanks once again, I appreciate.

Peace
Cadygosh:
Kick Makano out?

Abeg oo, he is one of the rear gems on this platform.. Since when I joined this forum some days back, I have been reading his posts, Justmellow and that of Frankrobbn1 and I can say I have gained a lot from reading just their posts...
And also many applicants here have gotten their Visas working with Makano and none has said anything like he scammed them(Cos ur assigment is to catch scammers).. Even in his profile, he said he doesn't want to be addressed as an agent. So please oo, leave our guru oo..
And the post u had an issue with, he has already responded to bullstriker in a peaceful way as seen below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7255452/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/159#116209768

So please oo, Makano, Frankrobbn1 and Justmellow are rear Gems on this forum and I am sure I am not the only one here gaining from their wealth of experience..
Like Makano always ends his post, Peace.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by INILARGE: 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
Truly.... What God cannot do does not exist.
23rd May applicant..
CharitoJames:
I see Joy everywhere, What God cannot do does not exist #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olashile147: 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Draybaba0103:
Hello everyone,
Please I need help with a list of colleges that are still open for the winter session /or summer session for 2023, with a fast admission process with a moderate tuition deposit.
Thank you all.

Langara college

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
Teebabe2806:
Omo!!! August people don dey get PPR oooo. I tap from such blessings IJN. July applicant cry
Loud

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Wow this is new, what bank is that?
Kehmy:

I initiated the application 4th of July, and it moved to the ADB disbursement reviewer stage, they debited the service charge, waited for a month but did not get debited for tuition, went to the branch, and was told that the transaction was declined from the head office, that they only process applications for bachelors, masters, and PhD. I called the customer care line and got the same response, I have a record of the call.
They did not reject the application on the TRMS portal but left it untreated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hello Nadingo

Your 1st and 2nd questions clearly shows you are a novice which isn't a problem at all, that is why we are here on this forum to guide you.

Now I will summarise the answers to the your 1st and 2nd question.

Yes you can relocate with your family through the Study Permit route (not PGD/PGC route). But you have a high chance going alone and using your other family members as home ties. And when you have your visa, you can apply for a Spousal permit for your spouse and Visiting permit Visa for ur kids.
With your second class lower, you can get a PGD/PGC Admission and you can use that to apply for your study permit application and get your Visa.

3. I am not sure about this cos the least you can have is a 2.1 for a Masters degree in Canada. If you last CGPA is high, then you can be lucky with some schools that considers the last CGPA, but I do not think work experience with 2.2 is a requirement for a Master degree Admission in most schools in Canada.

4. Yea, sure.

Peace

Nadingo:
Hello. I was meant to understand that for a 1yr PGD/PGC, applying to go with my family of 5 is a red flag due to the duration of the course. I was also meant to understand that I can only qualify for 1year PGWP after a one year PGD/PGC program. This means that it would still be a red flag to apply for my family to join me in Canada at that time due to the duration of my PGWP (1yr). My questions are:

1. Does that mean I can only relocate my family to Canada when I get PR (after may be 3yrs) if I choose to go the route of a PGD/PGC?

2. How does someone with a second class lower degree take his family along to Canada using the study route?

3. Can my 10yr work experience alongside my 2:2 get me a direct Masters Degree admission in Canada?

4. Can a Canadian PGD/PGC be used to secure a Masters Degree admission into a Canadian University?

CC: Frankrobbn1 Makano Bullstriker JustMellow

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.