Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1237805 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2022
Good day House, please which other virtual cards that has cheap rate can I use to pay for admission application fee from Nigeria since barter by flutter wave has been deactivated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
Omo see critical analysis.... nice one boss
olokings:
while your position is justified, your speculation that asides the submissions of the mentioned few, the platform now open source inaccurate information is grossly misconstrued.
Argue the relevance of gurus which is great and appreciated, however, it is ill-intentional to disrepute / disregard / discountenance the submissions of those not in the caucus of gurus. You are indirectly propagating a school of thought that newbies should only seek information from the select few gurus, ergo channelling prospective requests to them and where they are unable to answer on the open source platform, seek a private engagement with them.

This kinda cycles back to the speculative claims / allegations that the gurus use monikers to achieve the intent which you are knowingly / unknowingly driving right now.

A simple critical analysis of your submission string reveals this. My suggestion is let the gurus keep doing their thing whilst at the same time encourage open source information for DIY applicants.

ciao.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2022
olokings:
Search for Course-Based masters programs.... Thesis-based masters program mostly require Supervisors to gain admission. Course - based on the other hand do not.

Please are the thesis based Masters the ones that require referees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2022
bepositive11:

Thank you for putting the roll coll together. It's much easier to analyse.

Shall we also include approvals and refusals for this year? Approvals in green and refusals in red like they used to do in previous years? This will give us a good idea of what timeline to expect.

I think that would be a nice idea, but I can also see that our register is growing by each passing minute and I can't really keep up with updating the list lollz plus I fear we might end up cluttering the thread. Do you mind helping in including all others in the register? @ dxclusiveman did a good job in spacing it out nicely as the layout was quite orderly. I was also thinking if we could have 2 lists, one for general applications and the other ranked by eligibility dates. A weekly review at the beginning of the week say Monday would also help us keep track. Thanks and Happy Sunday to you.@justmellow great to have you back @olokings thanks for being so selfless and for advocating for the DIY gang.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2022
Who has used Alat by wema banks virtual dollar card for fee payment? Does it work well?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2022
Ojb555666:

Mostly, yes. Some course-based Masters also require referees too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eddykelechianya: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
Please I have some questions.
I finished my bsc in 2017. I studied information Technology.
but right now I have 2 lounges. but I want to go back to my IT sector.
will this be a problem please? since my business is different from my undergraduate course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PRINCEHAZAEL: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
Coleadeyemi1:

Bros or lady I will sign out of nairaland after this the way I did last year afterall people are actually bias here and to set record straight, yes I have issues with makano because he is a pretender and a cheat, if u read my 3 posts well you will understand why the dislike for him, I'm just pissed at the fact that sometimes last year he accused someone of doing something to the point that the person was banned, I want you to take time and check the name bollybeejay on this thread, read all his messages, now check makano and his responses you will understand better, I really do not want to mention names so it won't be like I'm advertising for anyone afterall I'm in Canada already. I won't respond to any of ur messages anymore tho, one thing I know is anyone who wants information and can take time to read through the thread from 2020 till 2022 will find virtually answers to every of their questions so no one is chasing any guru away, stop advertising for them, who knows e fit be say na makano second account be ds sef.
Enjoy o
For those awaiting PPR God will come through for you all
Oga...Face front and stop these baseless accusations.

The moderator of this thread has settled this.

Not everyone can write SOPs or tackle their refusals.

Lately, There has been constant refusals and few PPrs here.

We need these gurus here. (And also everyone's opinions too)

Stop these incessant and pointless accusations.

The purpose of this group is for people to be Educated on how to go about this visa process by themselves.

Tired of reading needless arguments here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2022
bepositive11:

Actually, the credit should go to olutoyiin. He's the one who initiated it.
lolllz thanks everyone thinks I'm a he but I'm female ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
course-based master usually require at least 1 academic referees, and 1 or more professional referees. even you very own corrofo colleague in the office and fill the professional referee form for your so no need bother to ga'an be looking for one high above executive.

Thesis based master requires at mostly academic referees.

good luck.

Ojb555666:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blakmandk: 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
Thank you for the response sir. Are you a student of durham college too?
Belxsz:
https://durhamcollege.ca/info-for/international/new-and-current-students/student-support/transfer-options#1505321329834-abd88c65-f678

quote author=Blakmandk post=117068710]thank you for this. i like the fact that the school is in ontario and the program i'm going for has an option to switch ftom diploma to bsc... please is there anyone in durham college? i'd like to ask about their tuition payment plan and refund policy. I need help please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ebaymaestroo: 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2022
Omoh and I'm trying to apply as a self sponsor also

CharitoJames:

Wait oh! Kindly point out the part of my response you don’t like because I don’t understand you at all… but hence forth, there won’t be need responding to you so please don’t ask…I explained to you and even pointed out that Canada isn’t haven so I don’t see why VO will say that but maybe you felt i was referring to you. Reason it’s good to read to understand… You didn’t refuse my application so relax neither are a VO… so don’t take their bullet. I answered you and everything you saw as being rude wasn’t for you Ma. But them, i won’t respond to you again.
And stop picking on bank balance and property.. it’s not supposed to intimidate anyone.. remember you asked and I answered. Read well please and what sponsorship letter is that?
Was I supposed to write a sponsorship letter when my application was self sponsored?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2022
Hello all. I am about to start my visa journey. My medical is this week and I want to submit my visa application as soon as it's finished but I have some things I need clarification on.
My total fees have been paid by my dad and we have the receipt from the school but the money plus my upkeep money which he has transferred to me was given to him by my uncle so his account is now empty so I don't know how it will be to add him as a sponsor
Can I just use myself as self sponsored since I already have the total school fees receipt and the upkeep money in my account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2022
Jeff5gold:
I have heard so many stories of how Nigerians treat their fellow Nigerians here in Canada, finally the breakfast don reach me.
you are in a top position in the organization, you have no sympathy in seeing your fellow country man get fired, thank God my papers are up to date.
Nigerians are not united both home and abroad

Ah ah, give us the full gist na? this one isn't complete, what happened?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2022
BenedictStinson:
Hello all. I am about to start my visa journey. My medical is this week and I want to submit my visa application as soon as it's finished but I have some things I need clarification on.
My total fees have been paid by my dad and we have the receipt from the school but the money plus my upkeep money which he has transferred to me was given to him by my uncle so his account is now empty so I don't know how it will be to add him as a sponsor
Can I just use myself as self sponsored since I already have the total school fees receipt and the upkeep money in my account?

You have to do a gift deed to explain the funds transferred to you from him, then submit the statement, you also need to explain the why he sent the funds to you and the relationship you have with him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2022
eddykelechianya:
I finished my bsc in 2015. I studied information Technology.
will this be a problem please? since my business is different from my undergraduate course.

It depends on how you can explain the pivot to IT to the VO via your SOP, ordinarily, it will be better to go for a course that relates to your present profession (Business courses, or Hotel mgt courses) which you can claim you need to improve your businesses etc, on the other hand since you want to go back to IT, you have to find a way to link your profession to the benefits of studying IT now and how it will help you in the long run.

The key is having a good SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
you can just imagine the bolded, if I should think irrational like you, I can as well say ur account is bollybeejay second account.. It battles me how you people think and give baseless assumptions.. Lord have mercy.
Coleadeyemi1:

Bros or lady I will sign out of nairaland after this the way I did last year afterall people are actually bias here and to set record straight, yes I have issues with makano because he is a pretender and a cheat, if u read my 3 posts well you will understand why the dislike for him, I'm just pissed at the fact that sometimes last year he accused someone of doing something to the point that the person was banned, I want you to take time and check the name bollybeejay on this thread, read all his messages, now check makano and his responses you will understand better, I really do not want to mention names so it won't be like I'm advertising for anyone afterall I'm in Canada already. I won't respond to any of ur messages anymore tho, one thing I know is anyone who wants information and can take time to read through the thread from 2020 till 2022 will find virtually answers to every of their questions so no one is chasing any guru away, stop advertising for them, who knows e fit be say na makano second account be ds sef.
Enjoy o
For those awaiting PPR God will come through for you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2022
oh no not at the airport
at the mall

bepositive11:
Thank you for sharing! You were able to open a bank account on Saturday at the airport itself?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
Bobomaigida:

You have to do a gift deed to explain the funds transferred to you from him, then submit the statement, you also need to explain the why he sent the funds to you and the relationship you have with him.
My dad transferred to me.he sent the money to my dad. We wanted to avoid 3rd party sponsorship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
olutoyiin:
ELIGIBILITY DATE ROLL CALL
UPDATED OCTOBER PPR HOPEFULS
7COLOURS: (FAMILY APPLICATION) Eligibility started 22nd July, Application date June 9th
Buks 03: Eligibility August 17th, Application date June 15th,
Otikmsk: Eligibility started 26th August, Application June 25th,
xxsandyxx: Eligibility started August 26, Application date June 15th
Timex146: Eligibility 30th August, Application July 22nd
Zacolas(FAMILY APPLICATION): Eligibility 18th September, Application June 24th,
Frankielibaby: Eligibility 24th September, Application date June 21st
Olutoyiin: Eligibility 24th September,Application date June 24th,
Sos123: Eligibility 28th September, Application June 23rd
perfectbecky: Application date 16th June, Eligibility/ Medicals not updated
Bepositive11: Application date August 31s, Eligibility not yet update
Joedave 25: Application date May 31st, Eligibility around July 26th
May God help us all
Kindly add yours as the update comes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2022
lolathegenie:
LANDING GIST!!!
Hey guys,
So the drive to the airport last week Friday was pretty stress-free for me, my dad and my brothers followed me.
They each carried one of my boxes so they didn't have to bribe anyone at the entrance to enter. We got to the check-in queue for Ethiopia Airlines which was a bit long but we were able to skip it by talking to one of their officials.
So within 30 minutes, I was done. Saying goodbye at immigration was the hardest part of the trip since they couldn't follow me any further.
I just swallowed my tears and I keep on trying to remind myself that I'll see all of them again.
My flight began boarding at around 12:40 and by 2:00 we had taken off.
This was my first time traveling alone so I was a bit nervous but I met a very nice lady who was also transiting to Toronto so we stuck together.
Finding the boarding gate wasn't hard, but I had to open my carry-on almost 4 times �, it is well sha.
The second leg was longer (14 hours) but I occupied myself with some movies and shows. (Please try and bring a powerbank don't make the same mistake I did�).
We sha finally arrived safely on Saturday morning 8 am Toronto time and everyone clapped for the pilot because omo e no easy.
I followed the signs to arrivals and filled in the declaration form. They sha led me and a bunch of other people to immigration where we waited for a while before the CBSA agent came. Please obey all their instructions word for word o.
He had already printed the study permits so all he did was stamp my passport to show I entered and wished me goodluck!
He also liked my name and he apparently graduated from the school I'm going to.

My aunt was waiting for me at the arrivals and we were able to set up my bank account and also get a phone number and plan for me. We also did some shopping as I was to move into my accommodation on Sunday.
I've now moved in and I've been attending classes physically now, the only problem is remembering where my classes are �

Thank you so much to everyone who answered my questions no matter how silly they seemed.
Let me go and read o.
Congratulations on your successful landing. I just saw you had a previous study visa that you didn't use because of the counterfoil date. Does IRCC gives one deadline in which they must travel or have their visas revoked? Whats the time frame or Grace period given? This cannywaka is truly not for the faint hearted. I had thought you could travel anytime you had the visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
THE WAY UNA DON THE QUARREL TOO MUCH DON TIRE ME. UNA BE CHILDREN!!

NO WONDER MY MAMA TALK SAY E EASY TO TRAIN CHILDREN THAN ADULTS.

HATRED YEN YEN YEN, GURU YEN YEN YEN, AGENT YEN YEN YEN, COMPLIANCE OFFICERS YEN YEN YEN!!! HABA E DON DO.

NA INFORMATION, PPR, REFUSALS ( WE NO GO SEE OOH grin grin grin grin), & LANDING GIST SUPPOSE TO FILL THIS FORUM.

I GO OPEN FIVE PAGES NA SOSO MIKANO, SORRY MAKANO OR PERSON WERE DEY INSULT OR CALL OUT PERSON OR PERSON GO WAKE MADAM CHARITO (NA SHOUT OUT I GIVE BEFORE I COLLECT OOH grin) E DON DO OOOH!!

UNA JUST THE BEHAVE LIKE CHILDREN! IYAMA! TUFIA!

MAKE UNA NO CARRY THIS ATTITUDE ENTER CANADA OOH

SOME FISH GO STILL ARGUE AFTER THIS POST.

I GET FINAL REQUEST SHA- IF "GURU" DON CAST WE FIT CHANGE AM TO "SABINUS" ?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2022
BenedictStinson:

You can tag the entire funds as "Deed of Gift" from your dad. By so doing, you don't need his financial statements and you can be self-sponsored.

It will end in praise

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gugu40: 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2022
Hello everyone, please I need help and advice on how to go about my children’s application. I'm a little bit confused about their status here now.
We just moved to Canada as a family. My wife came here as a student (Study Permit) and I was given a Spouse Open Work Permit based on my wife’s status (student). We moved to Canada with our children who were issued study permit based on their mother’s status as a student. They are now in a public elementary school.
My wife just got her Post Graduate Work Permit approved and she is working now, I got my spouse open work permit too, but my children’s study permit will expir[/b]e in a few months’ time.
There is no information on what to do for my children status, when their study permits expire.
[b]What do I do next for my children?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 11:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
Cadygosh:
You welcome Justmellow and good to have you back.

The bittered souls that have been claiming Fake PPR from you gurus have not for once brought out concrete evidence to prove their points, but they chose to tarnish the images of selfless people like you, frank and Makano on this thread out of Envy and hate. I can even see one of the bittered people acting like a guru here whereas he doesn't know shit.
It's good to see you are back and I hope Frank and Makano come back too so this thread can be enriched with professional advice and guidance, cos truth be told, We do not get accurate answers to the questions on this thread again..

It is quite unfortunate that I am seeing the misleading and incorrect information about me on this platform. However, it gives me courage that "As you build something worthwhile, be ready for the critics. Therefore, never let criticism stop you from doing what you know how to do, for it is the only way to grow in your competence and gain more popularity in the industry".

I'll be here from time to time to respond to enquires and assist others in realizing their immigration objectives to Canada. Although, if you take the time to read through my previous contributions on this platform, you should have a better insight on how the entire processes works. I believe to the best of my knowledge that I have been able to answer every questions that relates to immigrating to Canada.

I wish everyone the best in their respective applications.

It will end in praise

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2022
Good day House, please which other virtual cards that has cheap rate can I use to pay for admission application fee from Nigeria since barter by flutter wave has been deactivated?
Who has successfully used Alat by wema bank virtual dollar card for application fee payment in Nigeria? Does it work well?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2022
Yes, Frank is also back.. grin grin

Our gurus are gradually coming back.. Makano where are you oo..

My efforts are not in vain... grin grin Good to have u back Frank..
Frankrobbn1:

It is quite unfortunate that I am seeing the misleading and incorrect information about me on this platform. However, it gives me courage that "As you build something worthwhile, be ready for the critics. Therefore, never let criticism stop you from doing what you know how to do, for it is the only way to grow in your competence and gain more popularity in the industry".

I'll be here from time to time to respond to enquires and assist others in realizing their immigration objectives to Canada. Although, if you take the time to read through my previous contributions on this platform, you should have a better insight on how the entire processes works. I believe to the best of my knowledge that I have been able to answer every questions that relates to immigrating to Canada.

I wish everyone the best in their respective applications.

It will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amen2025: 12:15am On Oct 03, 2022
johnstan:

Do you mean her name is not listed as one of the directors or the company is not in her name?

Whichever is the case, simply ensure the account name is the name of the company. A director in the company can then provide you with the sponsorship letter and other documents.

This my suggestion, you can wait for other insights.

Pls when am called for medicals how much is it in naira and CAD dollar
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 1:36am On Oct 03, 2022
What were the reasons for the firing?

Should s/he put their own job/family/career at risk because of you?

Give the story complete.

Jeff5gold:
I have heard so many stories of how Nigerians treat their fellow Nigerians here in Canada, finally the breakfast don reach me.
you are in a top position in the organization, you have no sympathy in seeing your fellow country man get fired, thank God my papers are up to date.
Nigerians are not united both home and abroad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:39am On Oct 03, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

You can tag the entire funds as "Deed of Gift" from your dad. By so doing, you don't need his financial statements and you can be self-sponsored.

It will end in praise
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 1:39am On Oct 03, 2022
Congratulations!!

Please focus on school. I know people try to work but please, if at all possible, get 100% in your classes, talk with ALL your teachers: let them all know your name.

Volunteer with profs or even TAs. A top grade is the best gift you could give yourself.

lolathegenie:
LANDING GIST!!!
Hey guys,
So the drive to the airport last week Friday was pretty stress-free for me, my dad and my brothers followed me.
They each carried one of my boxes so they didn't have to bribe anyone at the entrance to enter. We got to the check-in queue for Ethiopia Airlines which was a bit long but we were able to skip it by talking to one of their officials.
So within 30 minutes, I was done. Saying goodbye at immigration was the hardest part of the trip since they couldn't follow me any further.
I just swallowed my tears and I keep on trying to remind myself that I'll see all of them again.
My flight began boarding at around 12:40 and by 2:00 we had taken off.
This was my first time traveling alone so I was a bit nervous but I met a very nice lady who was also transiting to Toronto so we stuck together.
Finding the boarding gate wasn't hard, but I had to open my carry-on almost 4 times �, it is well sha.
The second leg was longer (14 hours) but I occupied myself with some movies and shows. (Please try and bring a powerbank don't make the same mistake I did�).
We sha finally arrived safely on Saturday morning 8 am Toronto time and everyone clapped for the pilot because omo e no easy.
I followed the signs to arrivals and filled in the declaration form. They sha led me and a bunch of other people to immigration where we waited for a while before the CBSA agent came. Please obey all their instructions word for word o.
He had already printed the study permits so all he did was stamp my passport to show I entered and wished me goodluck!
He also liked my name and he apparently graduated from the school I'm going to.

My aunt was waiting for me at the arrivals and we were able to set up my bank account and also get a phone number and plan for me. We also did some shopping as I was to move into my accommodation on Sunday.
I've now moved in and I've been attending classes physically now, the only problem is remembering where my classes are �

Thank you so much to everyone who answered my questions no matter how silly they seemed.
Let me go and read o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2022
Is the hotel business in need of your attention every day?

You could compare your earnings now (NET) vs IT remote workers and show that to be why you want to switch back.

As this business is also a strong tie to Nigeria, you could show how it will be managed while you study. Your level of involvement, etc.

eddykelechianya:
I finished my bsc in 2015. I studied information Technology.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.