Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1238325 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2022
Please, if one intends to study a three-year course with a Co-op in Canada

Will the person's Proof of Funds cover the tuition fees and the living expenses for the three years before the Visa approval or will they approve the Visa with Proof of Funds for the first year only.

Since the person will be studying and working.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
Frankielilbaby:

This isn't true according to IRCC Twitter I raised a concern like this if it is more than 150days and you don't inform them, your visa will be deactivated till you submit a new LOA
The point was that he can travel by next year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2022
correct me if i am wrong, but is a co-op supposed to be channel to fund your study like scholarship or an opportunity to gain field experience and requisite skills during your study?

Your response to the above will answer your prior question.

MyVc:
Please, if one intends to study a three-year course with a Co-op in Canada

Will the person's Proof of Funds cover the tuition fees and the living expenses for the three years before the Visa approval or will they approve the Visa with Proof of Funds for the first year only.

Since the person will be studying and working.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Laborah(f): 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2022
perfectbecky:
I really don't know what's happening to my application, please everyone should just help me, my biometrics took 86 days to be updated, my application is over 15 weeks and nothing again. No eligibility, I have gone for upfront medicals and uploaded my e-medical sheet. I felt like the whole thing is dragging because of my biometrics delay cos it was stated on their website that your processing time starts after your biometrics is received.Do I need help with MPs? My province is British Columbia Vancouver. Please anything I can do to get answers, this is so draining.

Nothing is happening to ur application. It is IRCC
Mine was late too, applied 18th May
Biometric 25th May but was updated on July 28th imagine 2plus
Just keeping on praying and trusting God
It was updated after series of mails and we form

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2022
olokings:
correct me if i am wrong, but is a co-op supposed to be channel to fund your study like scholarship or an opportunity to gain field experience and requisite skills during your study?

Your response to the above will answer your prior question.

Please, am not an expert here. I'm only seeking clarification.

I initially thought that the Co-op will help the student to garner field experience and might also help to carter for the person's needs too.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
Pgirl08:
Gurus in the house pls help me cos i cant pay with black market. Pls what do i do.
Beg the school to extend your deadline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cyrielo(m): 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
Just out of curiosity, I have noticed there are way more women in the japa industry. UK, Canada, etc. Why is it so?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
Our will be a glorious testimony. I can already feel it.

amila20042001:
May 21st applicant.
Biometrics done and updated 25th May
Medical Updated 28th May
Eligibility started 17th September
PPR before the week runs out.

God, I solely rely on your Grace and Mercy cos I know you can do all things through Christ Jesus. Let us find favor in the sight of the VO handling our application in Jesus name, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HEADYWORLD: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2022
Helping the student gather field experience and skills and logical because a requisite to gain study permit is demonstration of finding capabilities. Hence, a plan to use co-op for funding your study kinda ticks that. Even if it is not explicitly stated that you can't, I don't think that strategy will be preferred now appreciated by the VO.

My honest opinion though..

Good luck

MyVc:

Please, am not an expert here. I'm only seeking clarification.

I initially thought that the Co-op will help the student to garner field experience and might also help to carter for the person's needs too.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
MyVc:

I saw your earlier post about getting admission into Conestoga College; Canada

I intend to apply for the school too. Please, I will like us to connect.

Thanks.

Hi, shoot your questions and I'll be glad to respond to be best of my knowledge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
amila20042001:
May 21st applicant.
Biometrics done and updated 25th May
Medical Updated 28th May
Eligibility started 17th September
PPR before the week runs out.

God, I solely rely on your Grace and Mercy cos I know you can do all things through Christ Jesus. Let us find favor in the sight of the VO handling our application in Jesus name, Amen!

Amen!!! I wish you success.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
Thegcmsonline advised me to go for CBSA notes as GCMS notes takes alot of time. and i have applied.
bepositive11:

Actually, that's not always true. Sometimes, applications are processed in the background without biometrics, sometimes they're not processed.

But have you ordered your GCMS notes? Sometimes, ordering GCMS notes triggers an application review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
cyrielo:
Just out of curiosity, I have noticed there are way more women in the japa industry. UK, Canada, etc. Why is it so?
Na women get money pass for POF as they have more income sources.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
I have sent series of webforms and mails. One of my mail was responded to and it says application is in progress
bepositive11:

What have you done so far about it? Have you tried raising webforms and sending emails?

There's a nice post on the first page of this thread that guides you on what to do when your application gets delayed. Please read through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pgirl08: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hello pls guru in the house what do i do.
Pgirl08:
Pls helpme
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pgirl08: 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
Pls help me guru in the house.
Pgirl08:
Goodday my people ..pls I need help on this because I don't know what to do. My first semester school fees the deadline is 11th October and my form A with stanbic bank . On 6th of September they ask me to put in the money in my account within one week which I did on the 12th ,but till now they have not removed it. I have been calling. Even my flywire has expired last week. Pls what can do I do. Cos the stanbic bank is delaying everything. Pls help . And I can't differ my admission except I pay that fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
Also the chance of getting visa after gaining admission.
Since you graduated 10 years ago, it's advised you seek admission in a course that is related to your present career. That shows career progression.
Pristine664:

Amen!!! I wish you success.

Please what is the chance of someone with 2.2 Bsc (botany) since 2012 to be offered admission into Canadian universities??

I'm new here and I will really appreciate your reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladielarrie1: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hello, good afternoon
Please I am going through the same situation. I submitted my application June 15 and biometrics was updated august 22 after series of webforms. No eligibility yet
perfectbecky:
Application June 16, biometrics updated sept 15...No eligibility or any other till date. i know it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
3 major concerns were raised.While 1 and 2 are similar, the 3rd relates to economic importance of your proposed program.

1.) I will suggest you use your mum as your sponsor...let her move the properties to you as gift covered with GIFT DEED.You can also get them valued. Get other supporting documents that shows she's your mum and attach.

On funding you need to show availability of funds covering atleast your Tuition fees, living expenses of 10,000.00CAD and miscellaneous (4,000.00CAD) for 1yea.You can put this in a table and also address how you intend to pay your fees and other expenses after your 1st year (for programs morethan one year)

2 & 3.).......you need to convince the VOs in your letter of explanation about the economic importance of your proposed program in your home country.

***Do you have job waiting for you in your home country and possibly with an offer letter?
***Did you intend looking for job after study or you plan to create one?.How well you handle this taking cognisance of your earlier SOP will definitely matter at this point

Patiently wait for other contribution on your subject.

I hope this helps

Lawlah19:
Hello guys! I need help oh! My study visa was denied on the following ground.

-assets and financial situation is insufficient to support the stated purpose of travels.
- your current employment situation does not show you’re financially established in your home country
- you have limited employment opportunities in your country of residence.

I want to reapply and this time I want to use my mom as sponsorship cause my mom has like 4 landed properties with buildings she use for rentals on it, and also my husband as co sponsorship, cause I’m married, I don’t know if I can do it that way�� or please any suggestions on how to go about it, but the landed properties has only receipts from way back and one of them has building plans.

And I’m also in fabrics business, I have a shop, but it’s not registered yet, but I pay taxes every year. Please what do you suggest I do? Can I make a strong application with this? I only submitted bank statement and sop in my previous application. Please what documents do you think I can submit or advice I submit? Please guys I need guidance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abby212: 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2022
Good day all, trust our day is going well? Please does anyone know a school I can apply for post graduate diploma in social works? I've searched and searched but seeing only masters and I have a2.2 so it's a hard nut to crack.

Thanks for your input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HonorableJOB: 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
DM TO JOIN CANADORE COLLEGE NAIJA STUDENTS TELEGRAM GROUP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladielarrie1: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2022
Please What about your eligibility review
Laborah:

Nothing is happening to ur application. It is IRCC
Mine was late too, applied 18th May
Biometric 25th May but was updated on July 28th imagine 2plus
Just keeping on praying and trusting God
It was updated after series of mails and we form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
good day everyone,
Please i'll like to know if there is a particular format for writing the Canadian visa SOP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Arysexy(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
How long does the POF stay for Canada study visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
perfectbecky:
Thegcmsonline advised me to go for CBSA notes as GCMS notes takes alot of time. and i have applied.

Yes, GCMS notes take longer because there's a much higher demand for them. CBSA notes include GCMS notes though so there's nothing to worry about.

Please share your notes when you receive them. Don't forget to blur out your sensitive information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
perfectbecky:
I have sent series of webforms and mails. One of my mail was responded to and it says application is in progress

Ok. Let's wait and see what your CBSA notes say.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
Frankielilbaby:

This isn't true according to IRCC Twitter I raised a concern like this if it is more than 150days and you don't inform them, your visa will be deactivated till you submit a new LOA

In most cases, IRCC officials might not ask for it. Only on a few occasions, would they request for updated LOA. Some visa officers can approve a visa when the program start date has elapsed.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Bambi222:
good day everyone,
Please i'll like to know if there is a particular format for writing the Canadian visa SOP

A standard statement of purpose (SOP) should cover these clauses in this format:

1. Introduction
2. Academic background
3. Why the course
4. Why the school and Canada
5. Future goals after studies
6. Family ties in Nigeria
7. Financial Provision

It will end in praise

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
cyrielo:

The summary of this statistics are simply because women tend to be more protective over the future of their kids. They want to relocate to a country where the system truly works, where their kids can showcase their talents and they will be celebrated as well as excel in their academic/career endeavors.

PS: Insecurity is also a factor women consider highly!

It will end in praise

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2022
All is well, most of the applicant are experiencing same and that doesn't mean something is not happening at the background.

In fact I personally got an email when I raised a Webform on same issue and I was informed that my eligibility is ongoing.

Some applicants have also shared testimonies how they eventually got thier PPR request with same state like yours.

Pls patience is required at this point

I hope this helps.

Jafian:
Hello
No update on my application ever since I passed medicals. I have sent web forms and mail no response.
Gurus in the house do you think it’s going well
June 10th application
Second application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2022
johnstan:

Hi, shoot your questions and I'll be glad to respond to be best of my knowledge

Alright, thanks.

Please, I intend to apply for Software Engineering Technology. It's a 3-year course with an optional Co-op.

Please, I will like to ask; how demanding are Software Engineers in Canada.

Secondly, how much Proof of Funds should one have before getting the Canadian Student Visa approved?

Thirdly, please will one show the total Tuition and axillary fees for the three-year program including the living expenses at once in the Proof of Funds before getting Visa approval?

Lastly; please what's the estimated budgetary forecast that one should have for the program?

The Tuition and axillary fees are about 16.2k CAD per session.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.