Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1238227 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zieraw2005(m): 2:06am On Oct 03, 2022
Hello Fam, please I need experienced people to advise me on this bothering issue.

I have BSc 2:2 CGPA is 3.46/5.0 Environmental management from Nigeria

I have MSc abroad 4.23 /4.5 CGPA Hospitality management.
This is distinction .

Now I want to take up another masters in Canada , what are my chances? Cos I know they are interested in my BSc and not my masters. Or should I proceed with PhD?
I need the best advice and easiest way to go through this.

Thank you all.

Note I am married with 2 kids less than 3yrs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by quinstershaw: 2:47am On Oct 03, 2022
Ojb555666:
Good day House, please which other virtual cards that has cheap rate can I use to pay for admission application fee from Nigeria since barter by flutter wave has been deactivated?
Who has successfully used Alat by wema bank virtual dollar card for application fee payment in Nigeria? Does it work well?

Hi, there are so many banks that uses virtual cards now. Try Wema bank and the likes. Just rates that differs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Freelyliving: 3:46am On Oct 03, 2022
olokings:
Search for Course-Based masters programs.... Thesis-based masters program mostly require Supervisors to gain admission. Course - based on the other hand do not.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:09am On Oct 03, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:34am On Oct 03, 2022
olutoyiin:

I think that would be a nice idea, but I can also see that our register is growing by each passing minute and I can't really keep up with updating the list lollz plus I fear we might end up cluttering the thread. Do you mind helping in including all others in the register? @ dxclusiveman did a good job in spacing it out nicely as the layout was quite orderly. I was also thinking if we could have 2 lists, one for general applications and the other ranked by eligibility dates. A weekly review at the beginning of the week say Monday would also help us keep track. Thanks and Happy Sunday to you.@justmellow great to have you back @olokings thanks for being so selfless and for advocating for the DIY gang.

I personally find it hard to process the one ranked by eligibility dates. You can maintain that list and I can maintain the general list.

I've posted the general roll call as a quote above. We can maintain 1 post for each week (posted every Monday), and if people want to add or update, they can reply to the main post for that week and include their details, then I'll update the main list for that week.

Since I've placed the roll call in a quote, it won't get posted over and over again grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeff5gold: 5:27am On Oct 03, 2022
cooooooks:
What were the reasons for the firing?

Should s/he put their own job/family/career at risk because of you?

Give the story complete.

Which kin wahala be this ?….did I mention anybody was fired And what’s the meaning of this “ Should s/he put their own job/family/career at risk because of you?”

You are asking for complete story as if I owe you anything, I would have typed “Olodo” but let me mind my business grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 5:35am On Oct 03, 2022
Amen2025:

Pls when am called for medicals how much is it in naira and CAD dollar

I don't know what the cost is in CAD. The hospital is in Nigeria so payment is in Naira and its around N46k - N48k, not certain about the exact cost at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 5:52am On Oct 03, 2022
perfectbecky You sent me an email right? Please post your question here.

You have reasons to be worried because eligibility has started for everyone who submitted in the same month with you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 6:19am On Oct 03, 2022
Your earlier post implied that YOU/A 9JA KIN were fired without YOUR / D 9JA KIN'S colleague who was an executive in the coy didn't attempt to put in a word for the person in question.

You blamed the 9ja KIN for not standing up for his country man hence the served breakfast.

He replied you with that assumption (which was not incorrect), however he sought for further clarification so it won't be that he jumped into conclusion.

If you didn't want a feedback, you wouldn't have put the information here tagging 9ja countrymen as not being united nor patriotic.

You prayed for a feedback with your submission, he responded, and then you almost called him olodo. Wow.

Jeff5gold:

Which kin wahala be this ?….did I mention anybody was fired And what’s the meaning of this “ Should s/he put their own job/family/career at risk because of you?”

You are asking for complete story as if I owe you anything, I would have typed “Olodo” but let me mind my business grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 6:22am On Oct 03, 2022
Please house, if one is applying to several universities and they all demand an official transcript sealed from my Nigerian university to be sent to each of them.

What can one do?

Just imagine applying to 5 universities, and the cost of sending to each university is about 80k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeff5gold: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2022
olokings:
Your earlier post implied that YOU/A 9JA KIN were fired without YOUR / D 9JA KIN'S colleague who was an executive in the coy didn't attempt to put in a word for the person in question.

You blamed the 9ja KIN for not standing up for his country man hence the served breakfast.

He replied you with that assumption (which was not incorrect), however he sought for further clarification so it won't be that he jumped into conclusion.

If you didn't want a feedback, you wouldn't have put the information here tagging 9ja countrymen as not being united nor patriotic.

You prayed for a feedback with your submission, he responded, and then you almost called him olodo. Wow.

Ayah………
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 7:06am On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

Kindly reply to this to add or update yours.

Application date:
Eligibility start date:
Approval/Refusal date:

Thanks
Wow this looks great, Great job and thank you for doing this for the clan, I know it wasn't easy. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 7:08am On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

I personally find it hard to process the one ranked by eligibility dates. You can maintain that list and I can maintain the general list.

I've posted the general roll call as a quote above. We can maintain 1 post for each week (posted every Monday), and if people want to add or update, they can reply to the main post for that week and include their details, then I'll update the main list for that week.

Since I've placed the roll call in a quote, it won't get posted over and over again grin
You did such great job, I'm awed. I think this one list is fine. Well done again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2022
Thank you so much olutoyinn and bepositive11 this initiative is wonderful and very neat and gives a lot of us June and July and August applicants hope and expectations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 8:41am On Oct 03, 2022
Thank you olutoyiin and Frankielilbaby. It's my pleasure cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xclusiveman: 8:44am On Oct 03, 2022
PPR Alert!!

Guys, God has done it for me and my family.
I woke up this morning to a message from IRCC and with shivers down my spine, I paced around with my PC on my hand while I check for the 3 of us. And guess what? My study Visa application has been approved, work permit for my wife and visitor’s visa for my daughter.

First time applicant
Did my application myself
Nairaland helped me! Although I wish I read Nairaland before submitting. I thought I made mistakes.

Documents submitted;

*Admission letter from the University of Alberta (MBA)
*6paged SOP for me and 2paged SOP for my wife
* marriage certificate
*My Child’s birth certificate
*CAC documents (For myself and my wife’s businesses)
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance
- 110M transaction volume
- 2M+ from my wife’s account
extra 2M+ for my wife and daughter’s upkeep when they return to Nigeria
- 3months Proof of salary payment to my employees

*Travel history
- Dubai- Stamped passport page

*Education
Bsc certificate (for myself and my wife)
Nysc discharge certificate (for myself and my wife)
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Property valuation document of about 52M+ (A house and 2 cars)
-Street named after me with receipt from local government
-Letter from the Landlord Association of my street
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents
-Police character certificate

*Pictures
-pictures of myself and my wife in Dubai
-wedding pictures
- pictures with family members
-Pictures from my child’s naming ceremony
-Random pictures in our compound

Xclusiveman:
Let me also drop my own details here. I have been a silent reader, but its time to get more involved.

June 4 Applicant - Family of 3 (My wife, daughter, and I)
June 8 - Biometrics done and updated
August 4 - Eligibility review started for the 3 of us (Ghost update)
August 26 - Upfront medicals at Q-Life
Sept 2 - Medicals uploaded (called Q-life to confirm)
Sept 10 - Medicals updated to "passed" (Only mine)
Still waiting for my wife and daughter's medicals to be updated to "passed"

After 100s of web forms and emails, I couldn't meet up with the Sept 15th deadline for resumption, so I've deferred and now waiting for an updated LoA and guess what? it's a cohort-based MBA program at the University of Alberta, so no winter or spring intakes. I had to defer to next fall (September, 2023), but nothing spoil.

I was given several options by the university, such as starting some courses online but it also has its associated risks, especially if our visa decision is delayed or refused (God forbid).

Anyways guys, that's my story. Let's continue to pray and hope. God dey for us.

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2022
Good morning House. Blessed week ahead. Please who can vouch for Naira Digital?

PS: If you’ve worked with or know someone who has worked with them for POF thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 8:57am On Oct 03, 2022
Xclusiveman:
PPR Alert!!

I woke up this morning to a message from IRCC and with shivers down my spine, I paced around with my PC on my hand while I check for the 3 of us. And guess what? My study Visa application has been approved, work permit for my wife and visitor’s visa for my daughter.

First time applicant
Nairaland helped me! Although I wish I read Nairaland before submitting. I thought I made mistakes.

Documents submitted;

* marriage certificate
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance

*Travel history

*Education
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents

*Pictures
-wedding pictures

GLORY !!! This is how we start a week. Congratulations to you and your Family Sir. May Canada favor you more amen. Tapping into your Grace

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 9:03am On Oct 03, 2022
I really don't know what's happening to my application, please everyone should just help me, my biometrics took 86 days to be updated, my application is over 15 weeks and nothing again. No eligibility, I have gone for upfront medicals and uploaded my e-medical sheet. I felt like the whole thing is dragging because of my biometrics delay cos it was stated on their website that your processing time starts after your biometrics is received.Do I need help with MPs? My province is British Columbia Vancouver. Please anything I can do to get answers, this is so draining.
bepositive11:

You have reasons to be worried because eligibility has started for everyone who submitted in the same month with you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

Application date:
Eligibility start date:
Approval/Refusal date:

Thanks

Please add this it so I can have an avenue to testify to.

adeade98.- applied -June 25, biometric done and updated June 28.eligibility- started in Aug.26.

And on the waiting list of IRCC fory testimony.although my admission has been deferred to Winter.The school is yet to sendy updated LOA.
I am going to McGill University, Montreal.
May the Lord answer our prayers in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2022
Congratulations I'm happy for you
Xclusiveman:
PPR Alert!!

First time applicant

Documents submitted;

* marriage certificate
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance

*Travel history

*Education
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents

*Pictures
-wedding pictures

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by afosoft: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2022
Congratulations, I am next in line in Jesus Name.

June 20th Applicant. Eligibility started since August.

Xclusiveman:
PPR Alert!!

First time applicant

Documents submitted;

* marriage certificate
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance

*Travel history

*Education
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents

*Pictures
-wedding pictures

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eddykelechianya: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2022
I have 2 other partners in the business. so It doesn't really need my attention. I am mostly in turkey for some other business.

cooooooks:
Is the hotel business in need of your attention every day?

You could compare your earnings now (NET) vs IT remote workers and show that to be why you want to switch back.

As this business is also a strong tie to Nigeria, you could show how it will be managed while you study. Your level of involvement, etc.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2022
Xclusiveman:
PPR Alert!!

First time applicant

Documents submitted;

* marriage certificate
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance

*Travel history

*Education
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents

*Pictures
-wedding pictures

Congratulations go and succeed super happy for you welcome to the green league
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2022
May 21st applicant.
Biometrics done and updated 25th May
Medical Updated 28th May
Eligibility started 17th September
PPR before the week runs out.

God, I solely rely on your Grace and Mercy cos I know you can do all things through Christ Jesus. Let us find favor in the sight of the VO handling our application in Jesus name, Amen!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:16am On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

Application date:
Eligibility start date:
Approval/Refusal date:

Thanks

Charito see your name for red… Lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:18am On Oct 03, 2022
Amen2025:

Pls when am called for medicals how much is it in naira and CAD dollar

Medical is 46500, you pay in naira not CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

She may be waiting for eligibility to “show” but PPR will come instead. It happens a lot. Then eligibility will get updated same day as PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2022
Xclusiveman:
PPR Alert!!

First time applicant

Documents submitted;

* marriage certificate
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance

*Travel history

*Education
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents

*Pictures
-wedding pictures

Congratulations to you and yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2022
quinstershaw:

Hi, there are so many banks that uses virtual cards now. Try Wema bank and the likes. Just rates that differs
They said wema alat virtual card is no longer working, do you have idea of any that works please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xavier70s: 10:38am On Oct 03, 2022
Please can one get into canada applying to study for a graduate certificate, hoping to continue studies to masters ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

It is quite unfortunate that I am seeing the misleading and incorrect information about me on this platform. However, it gives me courage that "As you build something worthwhile, be ready for the critics. Therefore, never let criticism stop you from doing what you know how to do, for it is the only way to grow in your competence and gain more popularity in the industry".

I'll be here from time to time to respond to enquires and assist others in realizing their immigration objectives to Canada. Although, if you take the time to read through my previous contributions on this platform, you should have a better insight on how the entire processes works. I believe to the best of my knowledge that I have been able to answer every questions that relates to immigrating to Canada.

I wish everyone the best in their respective applications.

It will end in praise

Amen!

Chief welcome

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.