Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1214079 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hammed71(m): 10:53am On Oct 03, 2022
guys please i missed the tuition deposit payment deadline is there any way possible to still pay it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 03, 2022
Xclusiveman:
PPR Alert!!

Guys, God has done it for me and my family.
I woke up this morning to a message from IRCC and with shivers down my spine, I paced around with my PC on my hand while I check for the 3 of us. And guess what? My study Visa application has been approved, work permit for my wife and visitor’s visa for my daughter.

First time applicant
Did my application myself
Nairaland helped me! Although I wish I read Nairaland before submitting. I thought I made mistakes.

Documents submitted;

*Admission letter from the University of Alberta (MBA)
*6paged SOP for me and 2paged SOP for my wife
* marriage certificate
*My Child’s birth certificate
*CAC documents (For myself and my wife’s businesses)
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance
- 110M transaction volume
- 2M+ from my wife’s account
extra 2M+ for my wife and daughter’s upkeep when they return to Nigeria
- 3months Proof of salary payment to my employees

*Travel history
- Dubai- Stamped passport page

*Education
Bsc certificate (for myself and my wife)
Nysc discharge certificate (for myself and my wife)
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Property valuation document of about 52M+ (A house and 2 cars)
-Street named after me with receipt from local government
-Letter from the Landlord Association of my street
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents
-Police character certificate

*Pictures
-pictures of myself and my wife in Dubai
-wedding pictures
- pictures with family members
-Pictures from my child’s naming ceremony
-Random pictures in our compound

Congratulations to you and your family

Baba God is in my neighbourhood

Emi lo kan

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 11:28am On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

You're very naive.

All those people you quoted are agents -- business owners. To run their businesses, they need clients and they go where the money is. You can't expect them to be spending a bulk of their time here on Nairaland answering questions for free.

Everyone who answers questions here is valuable. Everyone. Even those who answer only a few questions. Even those who were rejected. Don't come here discouraging people from sharing the little they know or the wealth of knowledge they have just because they don't have years of experience. If answers are not accurate, others who know better will correct them.

Even those agents you quoted were once beginners. They weren't born with Canada immigration knowledge. They learned a lot from the previous threads.

You sef, how much have to contributed to this thread? How many answers have you given? Only 1.

I ignored your first post, but you just won't stop. If you want particular people to answer your questions, quote them in your questions and let us rest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:39am On Oct 03, 2022
CharitoJames:

She may be waiting for eligibility to “show” but PPR will come instead. It happens a lot. Then eligibility will get updated same day as PPR

True. That happens sometimes. I hope it's the case for her

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:39am On Oct 03, 2022
Continuation of Putting it Out There..... fall out of discuss with applicant

Learning from visa refusal incident

Case study. Applicant anonymous

Visa decision: Refusal on the bases on no assets, financial funds insufficient
Applicant Profile: application packaged and filed by an agent
• Program applied for: Diploma in Business Administration
• Institution: College
• Previous educational background: BSc in Tourism & Hospitality Mgt. acquired in 2018
• Employment history: NYCS, and self employed entrepreneur (shop owner)
• Owns a fabric & clothing business for which taxes are paid & receipts evidence of transactions are available
• Sponsorship – family: uncle with over USD$21,000.00 as closing balance, SOA (MBS) submitted + affidavit of support
o Apparently Sponsor withdrew funds from account couple of days before decision was made
• Tuition Deposit: CAD$750.00 made by applicant’s spouse from spouse’s account
• Assets: no owned assets
• SOP drafted + applicants personal SOA submitted

Applicants Positio[/b]n:
• Refiring strategy: looking forward to reapplying with self & mother as co-sponsor

[b]Assessment

• course of proposed study aligns with undergrad credential & justified given applicant is an entrepreneur, however there is no demonstrable career progress given applicant is pursuing a diploma in business administration when prior credential well aligned with Biz. Admin (all social sciences).
Issue: spouse paid applicant’s tuition deposit. This does not demonstrate commitment from supposed sponsor as presented by applicant.
• Agent should have advised applicant against submitted visa package with this profile. This goes to buttress the point that majority of agent out there are mostly not committed to applicants success, as it is simply business for them. Collect deposits, and leave you to your luck.
• Furthermore, inattentive agents may miss little loop holes and grey areas in you application which if you reviewed your submission yourself with enough information, you would have spotted and rectified.

Recommendation:
• The application can be repackaged and submitted with opportunity for success if issues are clearly addressed in the future.
• Sponsor should have paid initial study deposit (at least 1 session or 2 semesters) to demonstrate commitment and transfer Cost of Living Expense to applicants account. Another strategy is, sponsor transfers tuition to applicants account and payment is made by self with receipted evidences.
• Submit evidence to support relationship between applicant and sponsor as well as previous instance of support / obligations between sponsor and applicant
• Address any lump sums in sponsors account to demonstrate source of funds

Caveat: ayam not an agent, nor guru, nor SOP writter / reviewer. I simply evaluated the applicant's profile and strategy for success.
If you engage me privately, i will still summarise our discuss and bring it out here for learning opportunities. we must boost our PPR success rate and success factors should be open source information.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:40am On Oct 03, 2022
CharitoJames:

Charito see your name for red… Lmao

Wow. Wishing me rejection? I hope you find light
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 11:43am On Oct 03, 2022
What can be done please? this option is like hanging in d air...please help
bepositive11:

True. That happens sometimes. I hope it's the case for her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:48am On Oct 03, 2022
perfectbecky:
I really don't know what's happening to my application, please everyone should just help me, my biometrics took 86 days to be updated, my application is over 15 weeks and nothing again. No eligibility, I have gone for upfront medicals and uploaded my e-medical sheet. I felt like the whole thing is dragging because of my biometrics delay cos it was stated on their website that your processing time starts after your biometrics is received.Do I need help with MPs? My province is British Columbia Vancouver. Please anything I can do to get answers, this is so draining.

Actually, that's not always true. Sometimes, applications are processed in the background without biometrics, sometimes they're not processed.

But have you ordered your GCMS notes? Sometimes, ordering GCMS notes triggers an application review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2022
they wouldn't have mentioned it as it wasn't the major strike, however, it impacted your assets & financial standing assessment as an unreasonable expense.

follow up on case study

the key issue was the lack of commitment from sponsor by having the spouse paying your tuition deposit. if applicant had demonstrated that the spouse got the money from your sponsor in the first instance, the application may have been successful. although i think that would have been a very slim chance.

do the following as recommended action for reapplication:
- apply for an Masters (preferably course based. or if you want scholarship, Thesis based will earn you that).
- have your sponsor, whether it is your mother or uncle transfer the money into your account or ... they should pay your 1st year tuition deposit, and transfer your living expense to you.
- if they have lump sums in their account, they should do well to explain their source of funds.
- add your own business and/or personnal account statement and explain your source of funds and any lump sumps deposits with evidence therein.
- rewrite your SOP. reference my earlier post on SOP tactics.

olokings:
Continuation of Putting it Out There..... fall out of discuss with applicant

Learning from visa refusal incident

Case study. Applicant anonymous

Visa decision: Refusal on the bases on no assets, financial funds insufficient
Applicant Profile: application packaged and filed by an agent
• Program applied for: Diploma in Business Administration
• Institution: College
• Previous educational background: BSc in Tourism & Hospitality Mgt. acquired in 2018
• Employment history: NYCS, and self employed entrepreneur (shop owner)
• Owns a fabric & clothing business for which taxes are paid & receipts evidence of transactions are available
• Sponsorship – family: uncle with over USD$21,000.00 as closing balance, SOA (MBS) submitted + affidavit of support
o Apparently Sponsor withdrew funds from account couple of days before decision was made
• Tuition Deposit: CAD$750.00 made by applicant’s spouse from spouse’s account
• Assets: no owned assets
• SOP drafted + applicants personal SOA submitted

Applicants Positio[/b]n:
• Refiring strategy: looking forward to reapplying with self & mother as co-sponsor

[b]Assessment

• course of proposed study aligns with undergrad credential & justified given applicant is an entrepreneur, however there is no demonstrable career progress given applicant is pursuing a diploma in business administration when prior credential well aligned with Biz. Admin (all social sciences).
Issue: spouse paid applicant’s tuition deposit. This does not demonstrate commitment from supposed sponsor as presented by applicant.
• Agent should have advised applicant against submitted visa package with this profile. This goes to buttress the point that majority of agent out there are mostly not committed to applicants success, as it is simply business for them. Collect deposits, and leave you to your luck.
• Furthermore, inattentive agents may miss little loop holes and grey areas in you application which if you reviewed your submission yourself with enough information, you would have spotted and rectified.

Recommendation:
• The application can be repackaged and submitted with opportunity for success if issues are clearly addressed in the future.
• Sponsor should have paid initial study deposit (at least 1 session or 2 semesters) to demonstrate commitment and transfer Cost of Living Expense to applicants account. Another strategy is, sponsor transfers tuition to applicants account and payment is made by self with receipted evidences.
• Submit evidence to support relationship between applicant and sponsor as well as previous instance of support / obligations between sponsor and applicant
• Address any lump sums in sponsors account to demonstrate source of funds

Caveat: ayam not an agent, nor guru, nor SOP writter / reviewer. I simply evaluated the applicant's profile and strategy for success.
If you engage me privately, i will still summarise our discuss and bring it out here for learning opportunities. we must boost our PPR success rate and success factors should be open source information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 11:54am On Oct 03, 2022
olokings:
they wouldn't have mentioned it as it wasn't the major strike, however, it impacted your assets & financial standing assessment as an unreasonable expense.

follow up on case study

the key issue was the lack of commitment from sponsor by having the spouse paying your tuition deposit. if applicant had demonstrated that the spouse got the money from your sponsor in the first instance, the application may have been successful. although i think that would have been a very slim chance.

do the following as recommended action for reapplication:
- apply for an Masters (preferably course based. or if you want scholarship, Thesis based will earn you that).
- have your sponsor, whether it is your mother or uncle transfer the money into your account or ... they should pay your 1st year tuition deposit, and transfer your living expense to you.
- if they have lump sums in their account, they should do well to explain their source of funds.
- add your own business and/or personnal account statement and explain your source of funds and any lump sumps deposits with evidence therein.
- rewrite your SOP. reference my earlier post on SOP tactics.

God bless you immensely for this!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:55am On Oct 03, 2022
perfectbecky:
What can be done please? this option is like hanging in d air...please help

What have you done so far about it? Have you tried raising webforms and sending emails?

There's a nice post on the first page of this thread that guides you on what to do when your application gets delayed. Please read through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 11:56am On Oct 03, 2022
johnstan:

I don't know what the cost is in CAD. The hospital is in Nigeria so payment is in Naira and its around N46k - N48k, not certain about the exact cost at the moment.

I saw your earlier post about getting admission into Conestoga College; Canada

I intend to apply for the school too. Please, I will like us to connect.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2022
olokings:
they wouldn't have mentioned it as it wasn't the major strike, however, it impacted your assets & financial standing assessment as an unreasonable expense....

Thank you very much as always.

What do you think about this though. If someone gets rejected, is it better to revise their SOP or leave their SOP as it is and attach an LOE addressing VO's concerns? Do you think it makes a difference?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
Sulaimonsb:
Good morning. Please I need advice from the experts I started online class this May thinking my study permit will be out before September naw my eligibility just started and my school has withdrawn my admission saying I should reapply but when I tried reapplying my dashboard was saying deferral still in progress. What do I do and will it affect my visa chances. Thank you

Hi. Please, kindly add me to the Conestoga College Telegram group. I intend to apply for the school's intake.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
you should definitely revised your SOP and definitely ADD LOE to specifically address the issues which the visa officer raised in your GCMS notes.

the visa officer will make notes as per your eligibility review however, little things like i identified with regards to strategies and minor flags / issues with your application package may not find its way to your GCMS notes, which when cummulated may impact or sway the VOs decision. like that one about the tuition payment by the spouse wasn't a big issue. The GCMS notes may say that there is lack of commitment from sponsor, however, there may not be further clarification as to why the VO felt or perceived it that way. This kinda passive issues you address with your modified SOP.. while the main issues as spelt out in your GCMS you tack comprehensively with your LOE.

these are my take and personal views though.

bepositive11:

Thank you very much as always.

What do you think about this though. If someone gets rejected, is it better to revise their SOP or leave their SOP as it is and attach an LOE addressing VO's concerns? Do you think it makes a difference?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

Wow. Wishing me rejection? I hope you find light

Nooooo, she made a self-deprecating comment, it was not referring to you at all.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
Thanks. I didn't get an approval or refusal yet though. I'm just preparing myself for whatever happens. Hopefully it will be an approval.

Thanks again!

olokings:
you should definitely revised your SOP and definitely ADD LOE to specifically address the issues which the visa officer raised in your GCMS notes.

the visa officer will make notes as per your eligibility review however, little things like i identified with regards to strategies and minor flags / issues with your application package may not find its way to your GCMS notes, which when cummulated may impact or sway the VOs decision. like that one about the tuition payment by the spouse wasn't a big issue. The GCMS notes may say that there is lack of commitment from sponsor, however, there may not be further clarification as to why the VO felt or perceived it that way. This kinda passive issues you address with your modified SOP.. while the main issues as spelt out in your GCMS you tack comprehensively with your LOE.

these are my take and personal views though.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2022
lolathegenie:

oh no not at the airport
at the mall

Ok, thanks! All the best in Canada!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
MyVc:

Please, is studying Software Engineering Technology at Conestoga College in Canada with an optional Co-op a good prospect? The course is a three-year program.

Please, how demanding are Software Engineers in Canada and how easily can one get work while still schooling via the Co-op option, and also how easily can one get a job at the end of the program?

Finally; can one reside in Canada at the end of the program?

Thanks.

Software engineers are in high demand in Canada. Your other questions are subjective though. It really depends on you.

Yes, you will be eligible for a PGWP after graduating.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godtemi: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2022
Good morning guys. Please, would my Sofy copy driver's extract and driver's license be accepted for Canadian driver's licenses in Ontario?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Nooooo, she made a self-deprecating comment, it was not referring to you at all.

Oh...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
Xclusiveman:
PPR Alert!!

Guys, God has done it for me and my family.
I woke up this morning to a message from IRCC and with shivers down my spine, I paced around with my PC on my hand while I check for the 3 of us. And guess what? My study Visa application has been approved, work permit for my wife and visitor’s visa for my daughter.

First time applicant
Did my application myself
Nairaland helped me! Although I wish I read Nairaland before submitting. I thought I made mistakes.

Documents submitted;

*Admission letter from the University of Alberta (MBA)
*6paged SOP for me and 2paged SOP for my wife
* marriage certificate
*My Child’s birth certificate
*CAC documents (For myself and my wife’s businesses)
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance
- 110M transaction volume
- 2M+ from my wife’s account
extra 2M+ for my wife and daughter’s upkeep when they return to Nigeria
- 3months Proof of salary payment to my employees

*Travel history
- Dubai- Stamped passport page

*Education
Bsc certificate (for myself and my wife)
Nysc discharge certificate (for myself and my wife)
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Property valuation document of about 52M+ (A house and 2 cars)
-Street named after me with receipt from local government
-Letter from the Landlord Association of my street
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents
-Police character certificate

*Pictures
-pictures of myself and my wife in Dubai
-wedding pictures
- pictures with family members
-Pictures from my child’s naming ceremony
-Random pictures in our compound

That is one person from our roll call gone by the end of this week we should have at least seven gone congrats mate see you in canada

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chymallchamps: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hello guys,
I have just been sent my new LOA from my school. It is till September 2023. I want to ask again, is there any need to inform IRCC or I wait till my application is approved. If approved, does it expire or is there a timeline for me to travel.

June 18th applicant.
Eligibility started 9th September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gustav25: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
Anyone here coming to Saint John NEw Brunswick Anytime soon ? Please reply me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pgirl08: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Goodday my people ..pls I need help on this because I don't know what to do. My first semester school fees the deadline is 11th October and my form A with stanbic bank . On 6th of September they ask me to put in the money in my account within one week which I did on the 12th ,but till now they have not removed it. I have been calling. Even my flywire has expired last week. Pls what can do I do. Cos the stanbic bank is delaying everything. Pls help . And I can't differ my admission except I pay that fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pgirl08: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
Pls helpme
Pgirl08:
Goodday my people ..pls I need help on this because I don't know what to do. My first semester school fees the deadline is 11th October and my form A with stanbic bank . On 6th of September they ask me to put in the money in my account within one week which I did on the 12th ,but till now they have not removed it. I have been calling. Even my flywire has expired last week. Pls what can do I do. Cos the stanbic bank is delaying everything. Pls help . And I can't differ my admission except I pay that fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pgirl08: 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
Gurus in the house pls help me cos i cant pay with black market. Pls what do i do.
Pgirl08:
Pls helpme
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pgirl08: 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
I am paying to Connestoga college
Pgirl08:
Gurus in the house pls help me cos i cant pay with black market. Pls what do i do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2022
Chymallchamps:
Hello guys,
I have just been sent my new LOA from my school. It is till September 2023. I want to ask again, is there any need to inform IRCC or I wait till my application is approved. If approved, does it expire or is there a timeline for me to travel.

June 18th applicant.
Eligibility started 9th September

There will be no need sending the updated acceptance letter to IRCC since its a far resumption date. As for the duration, the visa will be valid untill the period of your program, so you can certainly be able to travel with it by next year.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
hammed71:
guys please i missed the tuition deposit payment deadline is there any way possible to still pay it

Get in touch with your school to discuss on the available options available to you and seek for extension of tuition payment.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LovelynFola: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please I just want to be sure about this.
My final destination is Kamloops, BC but I plan on entering via Pearson Airport, Toronto so I can spend a few days in Ottawa with a relative while I sort my accommodation instead of spending money on Airbnb.
I already have my flight and bus ticket booked to my final destination which is Kamloops.
But I just want to be I am not going to have issues at the point of entry which is going to be Toronto.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

There will be no need sending the updated acceptance letter to IRCC since its a far resumption date. As for the duration, the visa will be valid untill the period of your program, so you can certainly be able to travel with it by next year.

It will end in praise
This isn't true according to IRCC Twitter I raised a concern like this if it is more than 150days and you don't inform them, your visa will be deactivated till you submit a new LOA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.