Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1224393 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2022
Trailblazer21:

Hello Justmellow,
I did an upfront medicals but on 22nd of July was sent medical request letter which I replied with emails of my e-medical slip and it was updated passed.

I thought I had patience, now I keep checking my email every second to see if a decision will be made. Almost all April applicant I know have gotten their decisions.

God help us all.

Your's will surely come too, just keep hoping for the best. It will soon become a history story you happily tell.

Success is all I wish You!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamDavidJames(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
@ Rebecausoro. I have an appointment on 10th August with Qlife . Message me on WhatsApp for a slot swap: 09130917585
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaiyeola007: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello guys my friend submitted her application on the 18th of February and she got an update on Wednesday and it was a biometric validity letter, she got another update today and it was biometric validity letter. Hope there’s no issue? Please help gurus ShowYoung Anon123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
Ebite2000:
Hello Gurus in the space, thank you for the information you put out here. A quick one, Ircc requested for addtional information which I submitted on the 28th of last month, and my status changed to " we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements". Today I got an update "we are reviewing the additional docs you provided". I will like to know if it still takes time after this stage because the fare prices are up the roof and would want to book a space. Thanks in advance.

Hello Ebite2000,

There is no definite timeline at this stage, and depending on the time the additional document is reviewed completely. It could take a shorter while or tarry for a while longer. One thing stands, your application is not sitting idle. Do not book a flight without receiving a decision letter from IRCC.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
Teresamaris:
Hello
Goodevening I'did my biometric on the 26th of July till now it still showing we need your biometrics but the enrollment date is showning

Hello Teresamaris,

Don't be bothered, it is a delay from IRCC. It will be updated as time progresses.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godtemi: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Please guys, can anyone suggest a cheap and good reliable airline from Nigeria to Canada for me?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamDavidJames(m): 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
rebecausoro:
Is there anyone scheduled for medicals this week that can swap or exchange their slots even if for a little price? I have a friend who needs to do his requested medicals this week. Preferably QLife, but I don't think my friend cares at this point.

Message me on WhatsApp :09130917585
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzel(f): 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2022
justwise:

I have been going through comments here and I want to know this… are you an agent? Did you put an add for immigration services on your profile?

I am not an agent, I don't work with any immigration agency and I didn't put any add.
I have never applied or promised to apply for any form of Visa for anybody.. Ever
I dont even know how to.
I was just here following what other people are doing.

I dont have any ulterior motive when I formally introduced myself here..

I only introduced myself, because I feel this is a family I would like to be officially part of because of our common interests.

It's only admission I know how to apply..
Nothing else, that's why I came here for guidance..

This guy came from nowhere and said that he knows me, that I scammed someone..

Please I want him to prove it.
Let him state where he knew me from
Who I scammed
Where and when
He should also bring the person forward..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aestake: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
Nezzel:

I am not an agent, I don't work with any immigration agency and I didn't put any add.
I have never applied or promised to apply for any form of Visa for anybody.. Ever
I dont even know how to.
I was just here following what other people are doing.

I dont have ulterior motive when I formally introduced myself here..

I only introduced myself, because I feel this is a family I[b] would [/b]like to be officially part of because of our common interests.

It's only admission I know how to apply..
Nothing else, that's why I came here for guidance..

This guy came from nowhere and said that he knows me, that I scammed someone..

Please I want him to prove it.
Let him state where he knew me from
Who I scammed
Where and when
He should also bring the person forward..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Herlymah1295: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello Everyone! Please I need someone to help me review my SOP. I don’t mind if I have to pay to have it reviewed professionally

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
adeddamola:
Father Lord, I key into this testimony this morning.

As imperfect as my (family/Sowp/VV) study permit application will be, Let us receive mercy from the throne of grace.

Let the VO overlook every human and system made error.

May we all testify to the goodness of God on this platform.

We shall carry our evidences in Jesus Mighty name.

Congratulaions Dzees!!! May you never regret this decision in Jesus name.

May Canada favour you in Jesus name.

Congratulations dear
Please is it a family application ( are you going with your children)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teresamaris: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
[quote author=JustMellow post=115511874]

Hello Teresamaris,

Don't be bothered, it is a delay from IRCC. It will be updated as time progresses.

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
Thanks...
PasqualO:
call that number if u wish to reschedule to a later date.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
Thanks
Qwerty7654:

Hi, I think you should reach out to @gaeul and see if you can work things out concerning swapping of dates for medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzel(f): 6:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
@aestake

Thanks smiley
I'm not in the right frame of mind right now..
I didn't even proof read..

The only thing I want now is Justice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nosaking: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
@justmellow please can u help me out with my Gcms notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolexander: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
Yemlizzy:

Congratulations to you!!! God will do mine for me and others expecting PPR, we will equally share our good news soon and be congratulated.

I believe that God has done it!!!!
Amen grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onyeara: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hi,Guys,
I need a room in St John New Brunswick from 5th of September 2022.
Pls any help should be directed to ozocha4@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2022
I saw this and thought of posting it here.

Our HND is quite different from the UK HND.

Don't underestimate Nigeria HND.

Even Canada rate HND as equivalent of PGDip. PGDip is higher than Bachelor degree, I hope you know.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benzdey4u: 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
Congratulations to you and your hubby, God can never lie, he is not a man either is he a deceiver, He is God today and forever
MsLoolah:
PPR!!! Long post alert…
I am updating because I said I would after I decide on what to do.

I came here in March to ask for advice about my situation. I got a study permit approval last year August but I wanted to change schools, I learned I would need to reapply again or take a semester then Change schools. I wrote a lengthy message explaining my situation, I explained that I didn’t want to waste 1st semester fees of over 2.7m in a school and degree I wasn’t interested in any longer. I also explained I would like to go with my husband but he kept getting refused. So I planned to reapply again with him as accompanying since I had better chances of getting a visa.

After explaining my ordeal on here, I got different responses from people. Some were helpful but others were just trying to scare me. I had one person say I wanted to reapply again for a man, I had another saying I should waste 2.7m that so many people would kill to be in my shoes (I do not dispute that), I had another saying I was lucky to even have a visa and when I explained I had enough documents to ensure I was given and ofocourse God, they resulted to saying I was bragging.

I won’t lie, I was crippled with fear for 2 months not knowing what to do. I spoke with my mum and she said to me, ‘they have no reason to refuse you’, ‘if you wanted to stay there illegally, which is one of the main reasons they refuse people, then you would have used the visa already granted to stay’, they can’t separate you and your husband it just doesn’t make sense. She said ‘reapply again, and explain to them you do not wish to be separated from your husband and why you want to purse this new shorter course’ so I got up and did just that.

I wrote a 2 page LOE for myself and a 2 page LOE for my husband accompanying visiting visa. I made sure to include every single documents they would need to understand I was going to further my career for my business and why I need my husband to have access to me whenever he pleases. I used my mum as my sponsor and my business as ties to my homes country. Prior to applying for the previous visa my husband didn’t have a travel history, but during those 2 months, we applied and got a Schengen visa, we visited France, Istanbul and went to Dubai. We do not have any landed properties, both our businesses served as ties to our home country.

We submitted, we waited and we prayed. I got my PPR last week, already sent my passport and today my husband got his. This platform is really helpful and can aid a lot of applications and questions you may have. But do not let their opinions decide what you want to do, they would project their fears on you and if you are not strong minded you will succumb to it. I understand they have seen or heard their fair share of reasons for refusals but that’s not you. If you don’t try you will never know. I almost left Nigeria, I won’t lie. I almost left my husband behind hoping to see him when I have a break or when IRCC decides to grant him a visa. But thank God I didn’t. I know my story is different to a lot of people but let it serve as motivation to gather all the information from this platform, get all your documents right and just submit that application. You might it get a refusal which can be very heart breaking but guess what? You could also get an approval. You just have to keep trying.

I will be posting the timeline and documents shortly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
MsLoolah:
PPR!!! Long post alert…
I am updating because I said I would after I decide on what to do.

I came here in March to ask for advice about my situation. I got a study permit approval last year August but I wanted to change schools, I learned I would need to reapply again or take a semester then Change schools. I wrote a lengthy message explaining my situation, I explained that I didn’t want to waste 1st semester fees of over 2.7m in a school and degree I wasn’t interested in any longer. I also explained I would like to go with my husband but he kept getting refused. So I planned to reapply again with him as accompanying since I had better chances of getting a visa.

After explaining my ordeal on here, I got different responses from people. Some were helpful but others were just trying to scare me. I had one person say I wanted to reapply again for a man, I had another saying I should waste 2.7m that so many people would kill to be in my shoes (I do not dispute that), I had another saying I was lucky to even have a visa and when I explained I had enough documents to ensure I was given and ofocourse God, they resulted to saying I was bragging.

I won’t lie, I was crippled with fear for 2 months not knowing what to do. I spoke with my mum and she said to me, ‘they have no reason to refuse you’, ‘if you wanted to stay there illegally, which is one of the main reasons they refuse people, then you would have used the visa already granted to stay’, they can’t separate you and your husband it just doesn’t make sense. She said ‘reapply again, and explain to them you do not wish to be separated from your husband and why you want to purse this new shorter course’ so I got up and did just that.

I wrote a 2 page LOE for myself and a 2 page LOE for my husband accompanying visiting visa. I made sure to include every single documents they would need to understand I was going to further my career for my business and why I need my husband to have access to me whenever he pleases. I used my mum as my sponsor and my business as ties to my homes country. Prior to applying for the previous visa my husband didn’t have a travel history, but during those 2 months, we applied and got a Schengen visa, we visited France, Istanbul and went to Dubai. We do not have any landed properties, both our businesses served as ties to our home country.

We submitted, we waited and we prayed. I got my PPR last week, already sent my passport and today my husband got his. This platform is really helpful and can aid a lot of applications and questions you may have. But do not let their opinions decide what you want to do, they would project their fears on you and if you are not strong minded you will succumb to it. I understand they have seen or heard their fair share of reasons for refusals but that’s not you. If you don’t try you will never know. I almost left Nigeria, I won’t lie. I almost left my husband behind hoping to see him when I have a break or when IRCC decides to grant him a visa. But thank God I didn’t. I know my story is different to a lot of people but let it serve as motivation to gather all the information from this platform, get all your documents right and just submit that application. You might it get a refusal which can be very heart breaking but guess what? You could also get an approval. You just have to keep trying.

I will be posting the timeline and documents shortly.

Congratulations to you and yours...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hafeez6948: 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
I was trying to watch a movie on my phone just to distract myself from IRCC delay when i suddenly fell asleep with one side of my face on the pillow. Awhile later i woke suddenly to hear my heart pounding as if it was located at the back of my ear. I rushed to my dad's room to use his Bp machine to check and behold my Bp don rise. I am a 25 years old guy i no deserve all this mental stress wey IRCC dey give me ooh. Today makes it 5 months and 5 days since i applied, i have missed May intake and September is just around the corner. When i write to them ,they will tell me to withhold from writing further. Na student visa i apply for abi na for days of unending misery and pain. I am trying to be strong Aswear. To anyone in similar situation as mine may God give us the strength to see this journey through.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
justwise:

I have been going through comments here and I want to know this… are you an agent? Did you put an add for immigration services on your profile?
She just denied it. Can you ask your tech team to check the changes she made to her profile and signature in last 36hrs? Dis woman na confirm liar. @Justwise, I don't want to say anything about this case again. But @Nezzel is dangerous. E Took her so long to even reply you. Though she was online. Probably weighing her options

Like I said. Just saving others asses. And I don do that for my own little capacity

Nothing from me about her again. I wan rest abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Whitenaira2014: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2022
My brother a big amen to your prayer. We shall all receive our PPR this week. Amen

Hafeez6948:
I was trying to watch a movie on my phone just to distract myself from IRCC delay when i suddenly fell asleep with one side of my face on the pillow. Awhile later i woke suddenly to hear my heart pounding as if it was located at the back of my ear. I rushed to my dad's room to use his Bp machine to check and behold my Bp don rise. I am a 25 years old guy i no deserve all this mental stress wey IRCC dey give me ooh. Today makes it 5 months and 5 days since i applied, i have missed May intake and September is just around the corner. When i write to them ,they will tell me to withhold from writing further. Na student visa i apply for abi na for days of unending misery and pain. I am trying to be strong Aswear. To anyone in similar situation as mine may God give us the strength to see this journey through.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
olokings:
Hellos, how far with your ongoing active review?
These people are taking their jolly good time with eligibility though, over a month....
On top school that will resume in less than 4 weeks. How are you going to just up an leave with family in such a short time after approval?

Honestly, the anxiety is something else but I am trusting God for turn around. Make PPR first come out, other things will fall into place. I have already enrolled for classes with faith .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2022
olokings:
Hellos, how far with your ongoing active review?
These people are taking their jolly good time with eligibility though, over a month....
On top school that will resume in less than 4 weeks. How are you going to just up an leave with family in such a short time after approval?

Thanks for asking, how far with yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bhiti(f): 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello everyone. My apologies for the long story.

I sincerely need your advise.
A friend had an altercation with the Nigerian Police 6 years ago. He was threatened that they were going to deal with him because he refused to settle them but rather took them to court. He won the court case and felt that was the end.
He recently discovered that they went ahead to share malicious news and his details with different blogs after the case 6 years ago.

In between then and now, he has applied for a US visa and got declined with no reason stated. Some days ago, a foreign employer drew his attention to what he found about him on Google: The crazy blog stories.

The issue now is:
How does he go about clearing his record? The embassy would have felt he lied when he said he had no criminal record.
Does he submit his court decision?
Kindly note that most of these blogs have no contact details and no longer functional.

Also, he is about to apply for a Canadian student visa.
Thank you for your responses in advance �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eyinola: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
Wegoinghigher:
Hi guys,
Just got my PPR !!!!

Timeline :
Application Submitted : 28th May 2022
Did upfront medicals a few days before that ( don't remember the exact date)
Upfront Medicals Updated : July 6th 2022
PPR : August 8th 2022.... which school boss?

Parents Sponsored
Used Family(Parents) as Home Ties
1.5 years work experience

Documents Submitted
Passport Data page
LOA
SOP(3 Pages) explaining everything from : my brief educational background, why i chose the school, my plans for using the knowledge gained , as well as home ties ( used family properties , parents as home ties)
Police Clearance Cert
IELTS results
University Transcript
WAEC Result
Reference from Work Experience ( Remote job from UK Startup)
Parents(Sponsors) SOA for like 2/3 accounts , as well as Bond and TBills
Land documents
Travel History(6 countries)
Didn't pay fees as the school doesn't release official school fees until a month to resumption date
Previous Visa Pages
Professional Certs/Commendation Certs

Studied Elect and Elect Engr for Undergrad
Going to uWaterloo for a Masters in ECE

Thank you Jesus !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hafeez6948:

I felt touched when I read this, God will show you mercy. You will receive your PPR this week.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Trailblazer21: 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hafeez6948:

Jeez I thought I was the only one experiencing this loud heart pounding and I’m too young for this. I know I have anxiety issues already.

My advice: I run about 3km every morning to assist my body to effectively pump blood and it has helped me handle most of this issues and keep my mind sharp, Please try it. When the approval comes, you won’t remember these experiences.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hafeez6948: 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
Whitenaira2014:
My brother a big amen to your prayer. We shall all receive our PPR this week. Amen

Amen ooh our wait will not be in vein

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.