Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1238539 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ayodeleajayi220: 6:45am On Aug 09, 2022
Good morning to everyone in the house, please I'm asking for my spouse. Currently teaching Mathematics in secondary school with BSc Statistics (4.3 CGPA) and intend to apply for MSc Statistics. The Canadian universities is having in mind are:
Simon Fraser university
University of Calgary
University of Victoria.
Please what are the chances of getting admission into these universities and hope what is doing currently will not affect chances of getting Visa approval. Your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dzees: 6:53am On Aug 09, 2022
I believe a positive decision will be made this week. Just get yourself prepared with the tjings you can control for now. God who answered me, will come through for everyone waiting in Jesus Name. Amen
Qwerty7654:

Omo the wait is loooooong
I applied feb 26, my eligibility has been on ‘review required’ since April 23 (I know through gcms note).
I’ve gotten 4 ghost updates since then.. the last two on July 21 and 23. And mp confirmed it’s still on review required as at last week Friday (Aug 5). My application is now 5months and 13 days.
I really hope a positive decision is made soon. God please � I strongly believe you’ll do it and you have done it. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 6:55am On Aug 09, 2022
ShowYoung:

My brother, whether or not it's easy, she would not have gotten admission for a PhD program in Nigeria.

This is to show that something is wrong with us. We are not thinking straight. Here in Nigeria, we just hate to hear the word "diploma" to the extent that many here cannot differentiate between Diploma, AdvDip, HND and PGDip.

I once said it here that in the US, one can get admission into Master's degree programs with HND (Pass), some people here disagreed.

I agree with you 100%. I was just saying it's not that easy.

Aside that, kindly share with me the list of universities where HND can get PhD admission. I've a lot people around me that need the list.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dzees: 7:05am On Aug 09, 2022
Please, this is becoming really distracting. Time spent on abuse and all sort. This is not what people are here for pleaseeee. Lets all respect ourselves and move on to more profitable things

Nezzel:

Scammmer!!!
Shame on you!!!
I've spoilt your laid out plans..

Why are you running??
Why are you running uncle??

Accuser of the brethren..

Why are you running

Come and prove to the whole Canada student Visa thread members how Nezzel that haven't posted since 2019 suddenly became a scammer out of the blues..

Onye ara
M ga agbanyelu gi film today

Why are you running?? Everyone has been waiting for your proof and nothing since morning..

God bless the intelligent people here that read from the beginning that this scammer started abusing me and spoke up for me.
God bless you oo

I was just on my own minding my business..

Me that haven't posted anything meaningful here since 2019 and excited to start interacting with other people on here and this left legged mannequin decided to show his stu..pi.di..ty..

Ezi, next time you will know the kind of people you accuse wrongly and if I catch you again trying to tarnish an innocent person's image, I'll show you the difference between Egbe and Egbe.
Slowpoke
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gboy1026: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2022
Good morning fellow nairalanders , What can I do in this scenario? My aunty who was to stand as my sponsor is no longer available to do that. Although she is not my only sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gboy1026: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2022
Gboy1026:
Good morning fellow nairalanders , What can I do in this scenario? My aunty who was to stand as my sponsor is no longer available to do that. Although she is not my only sponsor.
Someone pls answer me na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2022
CornOak:

You are absolutely on point. PhD is even too far, most Nigerian universities don't/won't accept HND for Masters regardless of your experience.

Actually, some universities in the US do not have terminal Master programs. What they have is Master en route PhD. That's, they will admit you as a PhD student but you will do your Master along the line in the first year but you won't be awarded the Master until you finish your PhD. So, when you finish your PhD, they will give you both Master and PhD at the same time. That's what the lady just got.

I got to know this when I was trying to apply to some US universities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 7:29am On Aug 09, 2022
Ocool:

Check Trent University Postgraduate Certificate programs. My friend had a third class in Chemistry. Despite that, Trent University offered her admission into their PG Certificate in Marketing and Entrepreneurship within 5 working days.

Pls help me ask your friend if ielts exams was required during her own time thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeyinkaadetunj: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2022
Please I beg all of you in the Name of God, you should all stop this on the group. Let us all focus and join hands together, on how we will make progress for the better of our life by helping each other voluntarily because this our country "Nigeria" is not helping us again, most especially we youths.

God will take us to a greater place in Jesus Name.

how we will
Nezzel:

This shows how job..less you are,
Nooo, I should sit around nairaland, because you'll prepare dinner for my family..
if you're smart like you wanted everyone to believe you would have noticed that the last post I made in nairaland before focusing here was in 2019.
But overzealousness didn't allow you to do your due diligence before labelling someone a scammer..

You said you know me, that I scammed someone, that I nezzel has scammed someone before, when I don't even know how to do Visa processing..

You must bring that person and also state when and how I scammed the person.
You have to prove that I Nezzel has received money from someone with intent to scam or hurt another person..

I'm still trying not to insu..lt or Abu.se you..

You said I scammed someone, that is the major reason I'm taking this up..

You must prove it..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2022
TiggyAce:

Pls help me ask your friend if ielts exams was required during her own time thanks

I just used her as an example of a third class, I'm also going to the same university but with 2:1. I discovered the university and I know everything about their admission process.

No IELTS is required. What you need as your academic qualifications are your BSc certificate, BSc transcript, and SSCE. Their application fee is 75 CAD for a single program of 8 months but the fee is higher for a dual program that is more than 8 months.

But note that after offering you a Conditional Letter of Acceptance (LOA), they will ask you to tell your university to send them your official transcript using your university official email address before they can send you Unconditional LOA. So, you need to work on how to make your university do that on time during this ASUU strike.

Their tuition deposit is 500 CAD but they will still give you your Unconditional LOA before you pay it if you meet other requirements above.

Their school fees is 22,000 CAD and above which is expensive, but I chose the university because their admission and other processes are very easy, it is a DLI and has Post Graduate Work Permit.

I won't be able to assist you beyond this information I've provided. Check their website yourself and do a research on it to get all the information you need. That's the best way to go. It very easy and not difficult at all. You don't need anybody to do it for you.

Work hard and handle everything yourself including the visa application by employing all the relevant information available on this platform.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebite2000: 8:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Having secured admission into the University of Calgary for a research in the medical field, I may have my 2 cents to drop. The process is competitive with 10% acceptance rate but however he should look at considering a thesis based program and work towards being in communication with a prospective supervisor ( https://science.ucalgary.ca/mathematics-statistics/future-students/graduate/programs/statistics-msc) Securing one, having a great research proposal coupled with his CGPA will make him stand a good chance in securing an admission. The thesis based programs are fully funded but that doesn't mean you won't have to show the fund for your entire stay during your visa processes regardless. IT IS POSSIBLE!! HE CAN DO IT, I WISH HIM ALL THE BEST!!!
ayodeleajayi220:
Good morning to everyone in the house, please I'm asking for my spouse. Currently teaching Mathematics in secondary school with BSc Statistics (4.3 CGPA) and intend to apply for MSc Statistics. The Canadian universities is having in mind are:
Simon Fraser university
University of Calgary
University of Victoria.
Please what are the chances of getting admission into these universities and hope what is doing currently will not affect chances of getting Visa approval. Your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Ocool:

I just used her as an example of a third class, I'm also going to the same university but with 2:1. I discovered the university and I know everything about their admission process.

No IELTS is required. What you need as your academic qualifications are your BSc certificate, BSc transcript, and SSCE. Their application fee is 75 CAD for a single program of 8 months but the fee is higher for a dual program that is more than 8 months.

But note that after offering you a Conditional Letter of Acceptance (LOA), they will ask you to tell your university to send them your official transcript using your university official email address before they can send you Unconditional LOA. So, you need to work on how to make your university do that on time during this ASUU strike.

Their tuition deposit is 500 CAD but they will still give you your Unconditional LOA before you pay it if you meet other requirements above.

Their school fees is 22,000 CAD and above which is expensive, but I chose the university because their admission and other processes are very easy, it is a DLI and has Post Graduate Work Permit.

I won't be able to assist you beyond this information I've provided. Check their website yourself and do a research on it to get all the information you need. That's the best way to go. It very easy and not difficult at all. You don't need anybody to do it for you.

Work hard and handle everything yourself including the visa application by employing all the relevant information available on this platform.

All the best.

Thanks so much I duely appreciate for your efforts but pls I have statement of result only now though I’m working for my certificate.will it be a hinderance in the form filling?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2022
TiggyAce:

Thanks so much I duely appreciate for your efforts but pls I have statement of result only now though I’m working for my certificate.will it be a hinderance in the form filling?

No, it won't. The statement of result is still okay for now.

But you must attach your transcript (official or student copy), SSCE results, and the statement of results and with the application.

Both your transcript and SSCE are very important.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by giftyyrealties: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2022
Belle110:
LANDING GIST

Short landing gist my people, so I traveled from Ibadan to Lagos on the 5th of August and got to the airport around 10:30 am.

The first immigration officer checked my passport and told me to get in. Then I went to the EgyptAir counter. The immigration officer checked all my documents and all, scanned them and told me to go weigh my bags. A woman(another immigration officer) coordinating helped me with my bags( I gave her small money after sha).
My bags were on point, with no excess luggage or whatever. After I was issued my boarding pass to Cairo and from Cairo to Toronto.

We took off by 3:00 pm WAT and got to Cairo around 10-11 EEST, the layover was for five hours and we took off from Cairo to Toronto by 2:30 am EEST.

The food on both planes is kind of meh… Manageable and somewhat Ok.

We finally got to Toronto by 7:20 am EDT.
Now, this was the test of faith part, the queue was sooo long, I thought I will die from standing, later, they told all of us with a study visa to come to another place. We stayed there and queued there. That’s how another female immigration officer came to collect all our letters of introduction, then we were asked to sit down.
Omo, na me first get to the seat.

It was very easy, they just called our names, confirmed our date of birth and viola, I was given the study permit. They didn’t even check other documents.

The process was smooth and no hiccups whatever, but Canada is far sha.

EgyptAir broke my medium luggage at the lower side ooo, I have sha asked for compensation. Hopefully, they reply me soon.

Toronto is beautiful and quite hot now.

Ps: Just take all your documents and relax, nothing to really stress about. Having the right documents will make the process as smooth as silk for you.

The journey is worth it guys, for those waiting, I believe you will get it soon.
I appreciate all the info I have gotten here since DAY 1. Blessings to all the legends!!!

Hello

Please I will like to ask if you did the Covid test before traveling as I will be traveling soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2022
Ocool:

If you have your student transcript, attach the statement of results and SSCE together with the transcript.

Both your transcript and SSCE are very important.

Thanks so much,I will look for a diploma studies in the university today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2022
TiggyAce:

Thanks so much,I will look for a diploma studies in the university today

I said PG Certificate, not diploma. Check my first comment again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2022
Ocool:

I said PG Certificate, not diploma. Check my first comment again.

Alright thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pean06: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2022
Fire! Fire!! Fire!!! Everywhere......
I don reach Redemption Camp too.... we must testify in Jesus name before Friday

My faith is lifted
What God cannot do doesn’t exist!!!

please share the names with me too, so that I will be interceding

CharitoJames:

Please do something for me. On a piece of paper, write out your Congratulatory message the way you want it. For example “Congratulations Charito, your study permit application was approved, kindly send us your passport to finalize your application” Add a date next to it, make sure the date is this week..
Write other things you want in the Congratulatory message.

I don’t know but I think you are a Muslim, I don’t know if you do night prayers... if you do, please pray at night, after prayers send your last mail and webforms to the Chinese offices... make sure you narrate this anxiety of yours and bp due largely to their delay in your application. (That would be the last mail you will send to them because an approval will come forth) You are to pray with your congratulatory message oh.

Then you can email me your full name or drop it here if you don’t mind. I also want to join you in my own prayers. E don reach to battle this thing spiritually.

Anyone else who has waited endlessly can also drop their full name as it is in their application:.. let’s summon these VOs on the Altar of Fire.

You can also pray for me too... we can support each other spiritually by praying... it’s not easy but it must end soon.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kehmy(f): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2022
Nezzel:

I am not an agent, I don't work with any immigration agency and I didn't put any add.
I have never applied or promised to apply for any form of Visa for anybody.. Ever
I dont even know how to.
I was just here following what other people are doing.

I dont have any ulterior motive when I formally introduced myself here..

I only introduced myself, because I feel this is a family I would like to be officially part of because of our common interests.

It's only admission I know how to apply..
Nothing else, that's why I came here for guidance..

This guy came from nowhere and said that he knows me, that I scammed someone..

Please I want him to prove it.
Let him state where he knew me from
Who I scammed
Where and when
He should also bring the person forward..

@Nezzel, what do you have to say about the attached screenshot?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2022
The Lord has helped me, What God cannot do does not exist!!! #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers.

I sent mail to the embassy this morning and the content is “What God cannot do does not exist”. I don ready for Spiritual War like this. Let them bring it on.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prospectiveapp: 9:22am On Aug 09, 2022
We will testify
CharitoJames:
The Lord has helped me, What God cannot do does not exist!!! #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers.

I sent mail to the embassy this morning and the content is “What God cannot do does not exist”. I don ready for Spiritual War like this. Let them bring it on.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SomBaby(f): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2022
Hello... please anyone/solo traveler coming in to Brandon for probably Brandon university or Assiniboine college for the fall and looking for where to stay temporarily (1week or 2) should please DM. Let's help u save money on Airbnb. It's just for a few days and it's completely free...
But it's not my decision alone...my flatmates and I decided to give back to the society by harbouring someone for free for a week or two.

Preferably a male (a female too can as long as she can manage) as the person has to occupy our living room during the period of stay

About us; we are a group of three(2ladies and a guy) sharing an apartment (3bedroom) we met here on thread 20 before our journey to Canada last year December. I am a lady from Anambra (Catholic) the second lady is from Benin (Muslim) while the guy is from Delta(Redeemed).

Thanks

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ibom2345: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2022
oh thanks i appreciate.

CharitoJames:

It won’t affect it.. someone got PPR and also applied for her baby after she had the baby and the baby got PPR too last week so they are all going including the hubby oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2022
SomBaby:
Hello... please anyone/solo traveler coming in to Brandon for probably Brandon university or Assiniboine college for the fall and looking for where to stay temporarily (1week or 2) should please DM. Let's help u save money on Airbnb. It's just for a few days and it's completely free...
But it's not my decision alone...my flatmates and I decided to give back to the society by harbouring someone for free for a week or two.

Preferably a male (a female too can as long as she can manage) as the person has to occupy our living room during the period of stay

About us; we are a group of three(2ladies and a guy) sharing an apartment (3bedroom) we met here on thread 20 before our journey to Canada last year December. I am a lady from Anambra (Catholic) the second lady is from Benin (Muslim) while the guy is from Delta(Redeemed).

Thanks

Catholic and Redeem that is Christians? Or are they different Religions? God bless you for trying to help... If only that was my destination... it’s inside room me i will stay not living room oh... Lol! My back will break abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by praise9: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2022
Good Morning ���

_My sponsor ( Company ) Has 15m as closing -Balance. Pls is it enough as POF?_

_He transfered about 5M from company's account to my account( Lump Sum kinda). I hope that won't affect my application?_
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzel(f): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2022
I said I am not an agent and I don't work with any immigration whatever..

I have been following travel threads for years, so I know the requirements..

Helping people in any capacity I can has always been my thing. I can't stop being myself just to please people.

I said I will help the Jjcs with admission application FREE OF CHARGE if the gurus approve and this guy labelled me a scammer.
If it was wrong to post such, he should corrected me, that's why we're human beings..

Please I am not agent and I don't work with any immigration outfit..

If I'm helping someone with anything, I don't ask for any monetary reward, that has always been my life..

I've learnt my lesson.. Never again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeyemieee: 9:47am On Aug 09, 2022
Hello Everyone.

I guess I'm a little late to the party cry, Just heard about this forum during my layover at the airport in Cairo, yes I got into Canada Yesterday (Thank God). Please is anyone in the house attending Fanshawe College? I'm having difficulty renting a house (I'm on a budget ), I booked an Airbnb for 4 days so I can find my way with renting a shared place (hopefully I can get a partner here) during the period,

Also, my Visa was for last year September's admission which got delayed until February during which my agent and myself got the message mixed up and I got kicked out of the school by December, Luckily the visa came in February so I had to start the admission process all over again and made a new payment (Fanshawe collects full Semester Tuition) but was for 6 months which will end on 25th August 2022. on getting to the Immigration counter I was given a study permit which ends on 25th August 2022 same date as my visa but was asked to apply for an extension immediately. can someone please help put y through the process and the required documents?

Please I need help as to what to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2022
Good Morning House,

I am looking for someone who wishes to share an Airbnb or a rented apartment with another traveling to London, Ontario so as to cut expenses.

If you are interested, kindly send me an email. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Darasimi3902: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2022
It is well, I applied 27th February been getting the same reply after sending emails too.
They will respond positively this week in Jesus name
Qwerty7654:

Omo the wait is loooooong
I applied feb 26, my eligibility has been on ‘review required’ since April 23 (I know through gcms note).
I’ve gotten 4 ghost updates since then.. the last two on July 21 and 23. And mp confirmed it’s still on review required as at last week Friday (Aug 5). My application is now 5months and 13 days.
I really hope a positive decision is made soon. God please � I strongly believe you’ll do it and you have done it. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 10:15am On Aug 09, 2022
adeyemieee:
Hello Everyone.

I guess I'm a little late to the party cry, Just heard about this forum during my layover at the airport in Cairo, yes I got into Canada Yesterday (Thank God). Please is anyone in the house attending Fanshawe College? I'm having difficulty renting a house (I'm on a budget ), I booked an Airbnb for 4 days so I can find my way with renting a shared place (hopefully I can get a partner here) during the period,

Also, my Visa was for last year September's admission which got delayed until February during which my agent and myself got the message mixed up and I got kicked out of the school by December, Luckily the visa came in February so I had to start the admission process all over again and made a new payment (Fanshawe collects full Semester Tuition) but was for 6 months which will end on 25th August 2022. on getting to the Immigration counter I was given a study permit which ends on 25th August 2022 same date as my visa but was asked to apply for an extension immediately. can someone please help put y through the process and the required documents?

Please I need help as to what to do.

I have requested to send you mail concerning the accomodation issue you talked about, please reply my email request.

Please note that you may not be able to begin classes before the extension is granted: act fast now, you have up to 90 days to remain in Canada though: the school might resume classes before the 90 days elapse. Applying online will get your extension approved in no time— probably this month.

The following links might help you:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=490&top=15

and

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/how-to-apply.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chubbyface: 10:34am On Aug 09, 2022
Hello my people, when we are finally relocating, plz how do we go about changing our Naira to dollars Abeg. Apart from using Aboki

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: jarule1977(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.