Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1229770 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

My application was refused this afternoon based on purpose of visit, insufficient funds and asset lol.

I'm going for a year course, tuition is 18,000 Cad out of which 10,000 Cad has been paid remaining 8,000 Cad.

I am self sponsor and going with 2 of my kids

Bank statement of almost 20M provided, pay stubs, employment letter, confirmation and promotion letters, my CAC documents registered 7 years ago, land documents valued at 30M etc.

I appreciate your well wishes and prayers.

I gave this application my best but sadly, it was not enough.

I am about to order for CBSA note to really understand their reasons for refusal.

Thank you all

I wish everyone still expecting PPR good news

Cheers

Ah.. so sorry to hear this...repackage and refire sis... it is well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Snooky: 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2022
Just wanted a closer guide from someone with such experience to know what documents to submit for the study permit application
johnstan:

Sale of properties, gift deeds, loans etc are a great part of POF for so many people on this thread if you backread. Do I personally know someone? No.
Is there any challenge you want to address by knowing someone who did personally?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

My application was refused this afternoon based on purpose of visit, insufficient funds and asset lol.

I'm going for a year course, tuition is 18,000 Cad out of which 10,000 Cad has been paid remaining 8,000 Cad.

Bank statement of almost 20M provided, pay stubs, employment letter, confirmation and promotion letters, my CAC documents registered 7 years ago, land documents valued at 30M etc.

I am about to order for CBSA note to really understand their reasons for refusal.

Thank you all

Cheers

My heart literally sank when I read this.
Sending you lots of love. Wish you all the best in your new application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2022
Oh damn. I was reading this post with disbelief hoping to read where it will say it’s a prank…
So so sorry that your application was refused. Omo �
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Thank you all

Cheers

Wtf!!! Reading this broke my heart, I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending your lots of love. Don’t give up, when your notes arrive you’ll get in-depth reasons for the delay, you tackle and refire.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Thank you all

Cheers

Was standing and had to sit to understand what I was reading.

It's really sad after the long wait but God knows best.

Differ your admission, order your notes and tackle their reasons, repackage and refire.

I'm sure the second time will be a success.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2022
Not for me, I already got my ppr. It's for my wife's SOWP
Pace6:

Can’t remember the procedure you say? For second time applicant, they do not need to do biometrics again, only first time applicant and the biometrics letter will be sent to your portal after application fee must have been received.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2022
This is obvious pls order for gcms note to know what is the problem, because I think everything is good on this application
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Thank you all

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2022
Thanks
Oldfashioned145:
You book your appointment for biometrics after getting your letter or so I think

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2022
Thanks
joefit4gur:

You wait for an appointment. It will be updated on your portal. You need to download the biometrics instruction letter from the IRCC portal and upload it on the VFS portal when booking for an appointment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2022
Snooky:
Just wanted a closer guide from someone with such experience to know what documents to submit for the study permit application

Ok, there are people with such experience and will advise accordingly.
Just ask specific questions and someone will respond.
Self application can be overwhelming but when you take it one step at a time it will be much easier.
Don't rush, take your time, get all the documents you can and package a good application.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2022
I'm not an agent, but I see people from other schools create WhatsApp groups Soni thought it best to create a group where we can share ideas from our admission to visa application. I don't think it's a big deal as long as I'm not requesting for anything financial.

Bobomaigida:

Winnerpoks why are you requesting for people to contact you on whatsapp, if you have any issue or questions please state it here, and any conderned party will respond, you should not be driving traffic from an open source to a private source.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
amila20042001:
Not for me, I already got my ppr. It's for my wife's SOWP

I was wondering because I know you posted your PPR here weeks ago, that was why I said, “can’t remember the procedure”?

Goodluck to your wifey.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
pufframmy:
This is obvious pls order for gcms note to know what is the problem, because I think everything is good on this application

My thoughts as well. It might be financially related because of the addition of the kids. It becomes really dicey when dependants are included in an application.

@7Colours, pls take a while to cool off, order your notes and repackage.

Rooting for ya.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2022
There is no such thing as a “call for documents.” I’m sure you have a copy of the IMM forms and documents submitted. Moreover, you don’t need an agent to hire an immigration lawyer/consultant if you need one. You can hire one by yourself, and the person can take over the application.
Wealthh:
Hello everyone,my application is exactly a year today and my agent said he wants to call for all my documents from ircc...pls what does it mean or how does this help the whole delay on ground?
Pls I’m begging someone should kindly reply me...because the man is demanding for another money to pay for immigration lawyer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SonugaMike: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
Good day everyone here.

Gurus in the house, please I need help.

I am considering studying Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) in Canada. I have identified 3 schools already.

My questions:

1. Is it okay for me to use by B.Sc. certificate (Political Science) here in Nigeria to apply for another B.Sc. in Canada and what are the odds it would go smoothly

2. What really is the benefit of applying to the school through the provincial portal such as Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) instead of going directly through the school.

3. Aside for the admission application fee and the tuition fee, what is the average total cost of successful completion of all the process.

Your candid professional advise would be highly appreciated.

Thanks all!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2022
Please cheer up.
It looks like the VO is not convinced the available funds belong to you because they are sufficient for a principal applicant and two accompanying dependents. Review the cashflows in the account while you wait for the gcms note:

Any lump-sums?
Was the majority of the balance deposited in the last month?
Is the balance at the printing time consistent with the account's history?
Did you explain any unusual transactions?

If the VO believes that funds are not available for studies, they are likely to assume you are not a bonafide student, hence, the problem with the purpose of the visit.

You stand a good chance of getting approved if you address the issue on the gcms note.

7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Thank you all

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2022
But with 20m at balance they should have approved
johnstan:

My thoughts as well. It might be financially related because of the addition of the kids. It becomes really dicey when dependants are included in an application.

@7Colours, pls take a while to cool off, order your notes and repackage.

Rooting for ya.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Karishma(f): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2022
Does the upfront medical expire? How soon before your application can someone do the medical. Thanks.

Leadforteservic:
Yes! You can even do upfront medical before submitting your application. I will advise you do upfront to save yourself the stress and not waste time when the embassy requests for it

If you wait for the embassy to request for it, it's not a guarantee your appointment date will come up early when you book for it. It may even take more than a week or 2 weeks or more to get your next booking and you will wait for another week or 2 weeks or more for the medical sheet to be available.
So just do upfront once and upload the sheet to the your page when requested for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shebaa(f): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2022
Mouth still wide opened. sorry about the refusal, order for note and refire.
May God's favour speak for u
breakice31:
Oh damn. I was reading this post with disbelief hoping to read where it will say it’s a prank…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Cheers

Take heart 7colours, your profile is strong, just request for your notes and resubmit, when you get your notes depending on the reason you can explore Judicial review too. This refusal reeks of bias imo. Just prepare to refire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizz2posh: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Thank you all

Cheers

Awwww just seeing this, so sorry, I was really rooting for you oo chai, rearrange yourself and fire again jor don't give up, it must end in grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Karishma(f): 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2022
Congratulations �, I tap into it.
Your timeline was quite fast, did you use NSE route??

Herlymah1295:
Alhamdulillah!
I can’t believe I’ll be typing my ppr testimony this soon. I give thanks to Allah

1st time applicant! I did my application myself.
An agent reviewed my sop and documents

Application submitted September 17
Biometrics September 26
Medicals passed November 2
PPR November 15

I’m a child of Grace.

May everyone awaiting PPR get their good news soon

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2022
1. Although Bsc is not required to get admission to an undergraduate program, you can use it. However, going for an undergraduate program after completing a degree could affect your chances of getting your study permit.
2. Because it makes it easier to apply to multiple colleges without going to their respective websites, I can help you secure admission to a school of your choice free of charge if you meet the requirement.
3. There is no fixed amount; it depends on the applicant's and sponsor's family size. You must show proof of funds for your living expenses and any accompanying family member.

SonugaMike:
Good day everyone here.

Gurus in the house, please I need help.

I am considering studying Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) in Canada. I have identified 3 schools already.

My questions:

1. Is it okay for me to use by B.Sc. certificate (Political Science) here in Nigeria to apply for another B.Sc. in Canada and what are the odds it would go smoothly

2. What really is the benefit of applying to the school through the provincial portal such as Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) instead of going directly through the school.

3. Aside for the admission application fee and the tuition fee, what is the average total cost of successful completion of all the process.

Your candid professional advise would be highly appreciated.

Thanks all!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2022
Winnerpoks:

I'm not an agent, but I see people from other schools create WhatsApp groups Soni thought it best to create a group where we can share ideas from our admission to visa application. I don't think it's a big deal as long as I'm not requesting for anything financial.

Okay, so the reason why whatsapp groups aren't encouraged is that it restricts the interaction on this forum, if more people are creating private groups it drives engagement from here to those groups, new people joining this platform will not see any information and once new information is not available the platform dies.

The people that were posting their numbers for groups were wrong to have done that. Like I said, if you need clarification or questions to be answered post it here and even tag some members you feel that will answer your question.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

Ah.. so sorry to hear this...repackage and refire sis... it is well

Thanks, I appreciate you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2022
Thomsyne:

My heart literally sank when I read this.
Sending you lots of love. Wish you all the best in your new application.

Thanks alot, God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2022
My dear,it's all well. God knows best.
I have been looking forward to a positive outcome of your application.
Pls don't give up, repackage and reapply again NEVER give up for the sake of the kids.

7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Thank you all

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2022
breakice31:

Na reality o my person

I gave that application the very best

Dunno what happened

It is well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
Congratulations to all those that got a positive outcome... May the land favor you ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gbexy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
Quite painful! Request for gcms/cbsa notes to know the reason why it was refused & refire.

It shall end in praise!

Goodluck ✌�

embarassed
7COLOURS:
Breaking News!!!

Thank you all

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maynman: 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2022
bullstriker:
Postgraduate Diploma
Post-Baccalaureate Diploma - Human Resources Management (Optional Co-op)
Kwantlen Polytechnic University - Civic Plaza
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Tuition
$12,569.00 CAD
Application fee
$120.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Human Resources Management (Optional Co-op) (2860)
Centennial College - Progress
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$15,693.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Human Resources Management (0965) (Optional Co-op)
Conestoga College - Guelph
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$14,935.00 CAD
Application fee
$100.00 CAD

These are some of the affordable ones. Let me know if you need help applying to any of these programs
Good evening bullstriker , I finished my undergraduate studies last year and I’m currently serving which will end next year, I’d love to travel to canada to further my education, I want to go for masters but I graduated with 2.2, I looked online and they said the minimum I’ll need is 2.1, and that i can try post graduate diploma first, so, what is the best canada school to apply for Diploma in Food science and technology with low tuition with easy admission.

One more thing: I graduated with a b.tech in food science and technology, but right now, i prefer philosophy to it, can I go for it in the pgd program or should i just continue studying food science and technology?

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.