Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1237534 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2022
[quote author=Kamsi99 post=118464601]Hi Everyone,

I just got my PPR ! August 20th applicant.
Thanks to all the gurus on this platform.
Please I am currently in the east and I left my passport with my uncle in lagos.
Can he submit my passport for me?
Please what documents should he go with.

I will share my timeline soon. Note: Eligibility didn’t start, just PPR yesterday. Thanks.

[color=#000000][/color]

Congratulations dear Kamsi... cheers and I tap into this.
We await the timeline and also, did you use old or new portal? Endeavor to also fill us in with your proposed school and if it’s a 1year or 2-years masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2022
Trailblazer21:
I’m back with my timeline.
The journey wasn’t easy but I’m thankful to God and to everyone on this thread for the support, made the wait bearable.

1st application February 01 denied March 01. (Applied from a country that’s not my home country)

2nd Application submitted: 25 April 2022
Medicals requested : 22 July 2022
Medicals passed 25 July 2022 ( upfront medicals)
BVL 29th July 2022
PPR 10th August 2022

Documents submitted:
Pictures of my family
Pictures of my aged grand parents
Admission letter
Expired police clearance certificate
LOE 4 pages
Supervisor funding letter
Mpower loan approval letter
Bank statement of 6000$ to show I can transport myself to Canada and settle

The lord that did this for me will do it for everyone waiting for ppr in this thread, never lose hope.

Special thanks to charitojames and justmellow, their words literally helped my anxiety. God bless.

Did you state on your LOE how you intend to pay back the Mpower loan? Anyone used Mpower loan? Do you have to state the repayment plan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kamsi99: 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2022
Pace6:

Congratulations on your PPR, and yes your uncle can submit for you, though through DHL.

Passport Submission Information after Study Permit Approval.

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

Thank you very much for this detailed information !!! But please , I did my biometrics in lagos, is that biometric confirming slip compulsory because I am not sure of it whereabout as it was raining heavily that very day which got me very soaked in the rain cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
Kamsi99:

Thank you very much for this detailed information !!! But please , I did my biometrics in lagos, is that biometric confirming slip compulsory because I am not sure of it whereabout as it was raining heavily that very day which got me very soaked in the rain cry

Yes it is, but you can go to where you had your biometrics for a possible reprint or so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kamsi99: 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2022
johnstan:

Congratulations on your PPR. Don't forget to share your timeline and documents to encourage others.

Attached is a mail from my chat with them a few days back.
I don't know about third party passport drop offs.

Good luck.

I must!!!!
Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
Wow!! I'm so sorry to hear this. This is the most shocking news I've heard this week cause I could almost swear that you'll definitely get your PPR especially with all the positive notes from your notes and how you packaged the application. Please don't lose hope, request notes, repackage and refire. I just hope that this is not because of an administrative error or something cause it hurts gannnn. Take heart

Breaking News!!!

My application was refused this afternoon based on purpose of visit, insufficient funds and asset lol.

I'm going for a year course, tuition is 18,000 Cad out of which 10,000 Cad has been paid remaining 8,000 Cad.

I am self sponsor and going with 2 of my kids

Bank statement of almost 20M provided, pay stubs, employment letter, confirmation and promotion letters, my CAC documents registered 7 years ago, land documents valued at 30M etc.

I appreciate your well wishes and prayers.

I gave this application my best but sadly, it was not enough.

I am about to order for CBSA note to really understand their reasons for refusal.

Thank you all

I wish everyone still expecting PPR good news

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jhuly: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hello guys!
Please I did an upfront medicals on 28th July and submitted with my application. I got a medical request from Ircc 2days ago, I uploaded my upfront E-sheet via webform that same day I got the request and I received a receipt confirmation email from them.
A fellow applicant told me today,that her agent said it's better to redo the medicals because sendin the previous upfront sheet via webform will take 28days to get updated and might not even get updated.
Please how true is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thelz: 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
Kamsi99:
Hi Everyone,

Please I am currently in the east and I left my passport with my uncle in lagos.

I will share my timeline soon. Note: Eligibility didn’t start, just PPR yesterday. Thanks.

Congratulations dear. Am next Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2022
jhuly:
Hello guys!
Please I did an upfront medicals on 28th July and submitted with my application. I got a medical request from Ircc 2days ago, I uploaded my upfront E-sheet via webform that same day I got the request and I received a receipt confirmation email from them.
A fellow applicant told me today,that her agent said it's better to redo the medicals because sendin the previous upfront sheet via webform will take 28days to get updated and might not even get updated.
Please how true is this?

They usually take from 30 days and above to respond to webforms and emails now, if it’s not going to cost you anything, please go for another medicals with the request letter. The fee for medical is less compared to all the stress you’ve been through.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Okudi23: 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
I will come back with my real account later. First time applicant. I applied July. Just got my medical request!. Do I stand any chance?What does this mean for me? My hands are shaking. I took a break from here because going through this forum makes me depressed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lixusheng(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
Okudi23:
I will come back with my real account later. First time applicant. I applied July. Just got my medical request!. Do I stand any chance?What does this mean for me? My hands are shaking. I took a break from here because going through this forum makes me depressed.

if u pass ur medical ..u get ppr bro...
congratulations in advance

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jhuly: 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2022
[thank you so much, will go to the centre tomorrow. quote author=Pace6 post=118466099]

They usually take from 30 days and above to respond to webforms and emails now, if it’s not going to cost you anything, please go for another medicals with the request letter. The fee for medical is less compared to all the stress you’ve been through.

It will end in praise [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
Okudi23:

Congratulations in advance, once you do your medical and it’s passed, you’ll get your PPR...

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2022
jhuly:
Hello guys!
Please how true is this?

If your upfront medicals is still valid, you don't need to go for another one, however, if it's no longer valid or close to expiration them redo it Asap.

My Upfront medicals was uploaded while I was applying and after a month the update changed to *we are yet to receive your medicals*. I sent the e-medical sheet via webform and email 2-3 times daily for 2 days and they updated it to passed.

You could also mail or call the clinic you did the assessment to confirm if they have forwarded your report.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phraences: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
Good day House.

My school program in Canada is starting on the 5th January, 2023 and i want to travel down to Canada on the 21st January, 2023.

Will there be any issues at the point of entry or at the school?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2022
@Phrances
Phraences:

Good day House.

My school program in Canada is starting on the 5th January, 2023 and i want to travel down to Canada on the 21st January, 2023.

Will there be any issues at the point of entry or at the school?

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on your program. Most programs and schools give you two weeks from the time of resumption.

For instance add two weeks to 5th January, and you’ll be required to resume by 19th. However, if there are any unforeseen circumstances, inform your program and your school.

Speaking of: do you have reasons for wanting to resume “late”?
And what school are you going to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phraences: 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2022
Welsh2np:
@Phrances

It really depends on your program. Most programs and schools give you two weeks from the time of resumption.

For instance add two weeks to 5th January, and you’ll be required to resume by 19th. However, if there are any unforeseen circumstances, inform your program and your school.

Speaking of: do you have reasons for wanting to resume “late”?
And what school are you going to

Thanks for the response. I am more concerned about the point of entry at the airport in Canada. Will issues be raised by the immigration officials that i am entering weeks after my program has commenced.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Margs(f): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hello everyone
I just did my upfront medicals and got the receipt of my form A payment to my school. How can I notify IRCC. I tried a webform but there does not seem to be a place for attachments.
Please assist

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2022
Margs:
Hello everyone
I just did my upfront medicals and got the receipt of my form A payment to my school. How can I notify IRCC. I tried a webform but there does not seem to be a place for attachments.
Please assist

The option for attachment is the last option.
Fill and input your write up and click next, you will see the option.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jasonaaaaaa: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2022
HELLO, I sent a email to nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca and got an automatic reply saying I will get a response in 5 days.
Has anyone here successfully received a reply??
Praying for Ppr and wishing them same for all!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2022
Ok. Thanks
Pace6:

When you submit, biometrics letter is given to you within 24 hours, and should be done within 30 days. I’d think the counting starts when you do your biometrics for first time applicant but starts counting the day you submit for second time applicant.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cyif2003(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2022
I don’t think it appears as a loan to ircc I think it’s appears as a scholarship. Not sure thou
johnstan:

There are no restrictions to the amount of POF you can provide.
Add all you have. Note that providing your account as POF means sending at least 4 months statement of that account to IRCC via MBS.

Pls dont forget to highlight how you plan to repay the npower loan. Having the loan is not just enough.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
Wow! A good news today. Congrats and welcome in advance to Canada cool
Kamsi99:
Hi Everyone,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Best256: 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
[quote author=Welsh2np post=118465004][/quote]

Congrats! Next in line in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Smarthill18(f): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2022
It's PPR for my brother. I'm so happy.

Second time applicant; Conestoga College
1st application was done through an agent. He Got a rejection due to financial reasons. We ordered his GCSMS and the Visa officer claimed he didn't have enough proof of relationship with his sponsor (Sister). Hence, he wasn't sure he will be able to afford it financially.
He had to defer his admission to January 2023 and re-applied again. All thanks to @scott99tish for his advice.

Second application: Self

Application submission : 27th August

Upfront Medical passed : 26th September

Eligibility: Ghost update. Didn't know when it was updated.

Original passport collection: 17th November

What we did different to address the visa officers concerns (proof of relationship with sponsor);

I opened a canadian GIC account and Submitted the GIC certificate

I Wrote a strong SOP and LOE explaining that sponsor is my blood sister

- Sponsors notorized Affidavit of sponsorship
Sponsors birth certificate, old pictures, old/dated whatsapp messages
Notarized Affidavit of relationship
Recent family pictures
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor
Family tree
Sponsors marriage and change of name certificate/Affidavit
Bank statements
Sponsors Assets

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2022
Margs:
Hello everyone
Please assist

You can attach documents on the second page of the webform.
Also, pls which bank did you use for your Form A and how long did it take?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2022
Smarthill18:

1st application was done through an agent. He Got a rejection due to financial reasons. We ordered his GCSMS and the Visa officer claimed he didn't have enough proof of relationship with his sponsor (Sister). Hence, he wasn't sure he will be able to afford it financially.
He had to defer his admission to January 2023 and re-applied again. All thanks to @scott99tish for his advice.

What we did different to address the visa officers concerns (proof of relationship with sponsor);

Recent family pictures
Family tree
Bank statements
Sponsors Assets

Congrats to you and yours!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2022
Smarthill18:

Congratulations. Well deserved.
Who's narrating this, the brother or the sister?

Some one here asked earlier about how to open a gic account, could you explain how you did it so others can learn.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
congrat

Smarthill18:

Recent family pictures
Family tree
Bank statements
Sponsors Assets

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 6:30pm On Nov 17, 2022
OFFICIAL!

FIRST BANK FORM A IS NOW 60DAYS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shadybeauty: 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2022
Please how did you reset your password after the first log in?
ShalomShalom:
Hello House Anyone going to KPU January 2023 ? say ayeee ✋�

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2022
Smarthill18:

Recent family pictures
Family tree
Bank statements
Sponsors Assets

Congratulations to your brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: adeola1097 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.