Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1237844 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nadingo: 9:57am On Nov 17, 2022
Princeofabia:
STFU...and stop capping dust here...

Insensitive being...

I will like to apologize to the House for my earlier comment. I really sounded insensitive. Na alcohol cause am. I'm so sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:04am On Nov 17, 2022
rk23roj23:
I sumbitted my study permit application on 15 aug. and review of elgibility start on 9 sept. still no response. when can i expect ppr?? ANYBODY WITH SIMILAR TIMELINE?

Application processing time is 13 Weeks, in reality it can take up to 17 weeks and on some rare cases less.
Eligibility review is usually the last phase after medicals and biometrics are updated to passed so if your eligibility review started before these two then relax and wait for them to be updated before a decision is made.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2022
Frankglobbin helped with my visa. You can chat him up on this platform

Winnerpoks:
Can you link me up with the person that helped with your visa?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 10:28am On Nov 17, 2022
According to the docs u submitted , Baba u get money , u get good business income , man no allow Canada make u unhappy , go chill and have fun jare .. Your type sef na holiday una suppose go dey do for Canada come back
Good evening everyone

I sincerely want to show my appreciation to everyone that has reached out, shown concern and prayed for me.

I can't thank you all enough and my prayer is for you all to succeed in whatever you lay your hands on.

I'm taking a break out of here so I can think straight.

God bless you all

Bye.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2022
Breaking News!!!

My application was refused this afternoon based on purpose of visit, insufficient funds and asset lol.

I'm going for a year course, tuition is 18,000 Cad out of which 10,000 Cad has been paid remaining 8,000 Cad.

I am self sponsor and going with 2 of my kids

Bank statement of almost 20M provided, pay stubs, employment letter, confirmation and promotion letters, my CAC documents registered 7 years ago, land documents valued at 30M etc.

I appreciate your well wishes and prayers.

I gave this application my best but sadly, it was not enough.

I am about to order for CBSA note to really understand their reasons for refusal.

Thank you all

I wish everyone still expecting PPR good news

Cheers

Sorry bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 10:42am On Nov 17, 2022
Abeg make una update us oh.

Any new PPRs?

As at yesterday, processing times for study permit reduced to 12weeks.

Also, the guy for MUN, who’s resuming in December. Kindly reiterate your need.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 10:56am On Nov 17, 2022
Please how much was his fee before I contact him so I'll know if it's something I can afford?

Chiziteremary:
Frankglobbin helped with my visa. You can chat him up on this platform

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OldwomanWoman: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2022
I know someone he charged 600k,another 400k..could be more or less depending..
Winnerpoks:
Please how much was his fee before I contact him so I'll know if it's something I can afford?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2022
She's a lady...yall assume everyone is a guy esp those of you that constantly use "bro" for everyone here..lol
jaydave:
According to the docs u submitted , Baba u get money , u get good business income , man no allow Canada make u unhappy , go chill and have fun jare .. Your type sef na holiday una suppose go dey do for Canada come back

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:46am On Nov 17, 2022
Good day beautiful people, congratulations to every PPR recipients and for those delayed, please don’t give up, refire, it will definitely end in praise.

Please I have a question, I was single when I applied for my SP and now got approved, though in my SOP I mentioned that’ll come back to get married to my fiancée, and also added our photos together, but now I feel the need to tie the knot before I leave for Canada, my resumption is Sept, 2023. Will I be able to apply for VV or SOWP in like later of 2024 or early 2025 for her since we were not married before my application?

Thanks in advance for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hello house, please is it the day that the application is submitted the counting starts or from the day biometrics is done the counting starts?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2022
Leadforteservic:
Hello house, please is it the day that the application is submitted the counting starts or from the day biometrics is done the counting starts?

When you submit, biometrics letter is given to you within 24 hours, and should be done within 30 days. I’d think the counting starts when you do your biometrics for first time applicant but starts counting the day you submit for second time applicant.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2022
Congratulations.....
May the canny land favour you
Mine is next in Jesus name

Herlymah1295:
Alhamdulillah!
I can’t believe I’ll be typing my ppr testimony this soon. I give thanks to Allah

1st time applicant! I did my application myself.
An agent reviewed my sop and documents

Application submitted September 17
Biometrics September 26
Medicals passed November 2
PPR November 15

I’m a child of Grace.

May everyone awaiting PPR get their good news soon

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by titade0203(m): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
Dear @Herlymah1295

Congratulations on your visa approval. I will like to contact you for guidance as i intend to apply in Jan. 2023 for May 2023 intake. I will like to have your contact/e-mail so as to contact you.

Thanks

GodswillBeDone:
Just around 50 days. Impressive timeline. Congratulations!! More wins for you! Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by titade0203(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2022
Dear @Herlymah1295

Congratulations on your visa approval. I will like to contact you for guidance as i intend to apply in Jan. 2023 for May 2023 intake. I will like to have your contact/e-mail so as to contact you. You can reach me on 08068123344 whatsapp.

Thanks.

Herlymah1295:
Alhamdulillah!
I can’t believe I’ll be typing my ppr testimony this soon. I give thanks to Allah

1st time applicant! I did my application myself.
An agent reviewed my sop and documents

Application submitted September 17
Biometrics September 26
Medicals passed November 2
PPR November 15

I’m a child of Grace.

May everyone awaiting PPR get their good news soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2022
Lol…my bad grin
Creativebelle:
She's a lady...yall assume everyone is a guy esp those of you that constantly use "bro" for everyone here..lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2022
johnstan:

English requirement depends on the school. You should have had an option to waive it before getting to the option of submitting your documents.
It can be expensive but try to apply to like 2,3 schools at a time and make a choice once you get admission.
I don't know about Durham but Seneca waives application fees from time to time. I didn't go for them cos I was expected to pay a deposit of my full first semester fees within 30 days when the admission was out.

Good luck.
Which school asked you to pay full deposit? I saw Durham asks you to pay 500$ deposit. It was seneca that asked me to pay the first semester. Over 8k. I got admission therr too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
kennyjoy:

That mean you didn't do well in your English! what grade do you have in English in your Waec? Are you going for a diploma prog or PostG-Dip?
I am going for graduate certificate program. They just moved my application to May 23. I had C5 in Waec and had a pass grade in my university transcript for English
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Snooky: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
Please who knows of any bank that processes form A faster? Names of the banks please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
Pace6:

Just leave it, Durham doesn’t require English test.

Goodluck

Okay thank you. I just received that it is still inder review. Now is to wait

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2022
I'm sorry for my many questions, does this include biometrics fee and medical or it's just service fee?

OldwomanWoman:
I know someone he charged 600k,another 400k..could be more or less depending..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2022
Olayinkaji:

Which school asked you to pay full deposit? I saw Durham asks you to pay 500$ deposit. It was seneca that asked me to pay the first semester. Over 8k. I got admission therr too

Seneca asked for the full 1st semester fee as initial dep so the next payment would be for the next semester. I declined the admission cos I didn't have that amount then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2022
Snooky:
Please who knows of any bank that processes form A faster? Names of the banks please?

Saw a post on twitter how zenith bank delayed someone for almost 60 days.

There's no faster bank if you ask Me except you know someone inside.

There's always a queue so the earlier you apply the better.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by titade0203(m): 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2022
Good afternoon all,

@Gurus in the house, I have on admission offer for Post Graduate certificate course (PGC 1 Yr) May 2023 intake and I have already paid the first semester fee of $9200CAD out of the total of $17000CAD. I want to seek your guidance on step by step process of study permit application. I intend to apply by Jan 2023 and i want to inquire that at what point do i need to do the police certificate and medical test?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
titade0203:
Good afternoon all,

@Gurus in the house, I have on admission offer for Post Graduate certificate course (PGC 1 Yr) May 2023 intake and I have already paid the first semester fee of $9200CAD out of the total of $17000CAD. I want to seek your guidance on step by step process of study permit application. I intend to apply by Jan 2023 and i want to inquire that at what point do i need to do the police certificate and medical test?

Thanks.

Congratulations on your admission.

SP Processing time is not as exact as it is stated on IRCC so the earlier you apply the better.
You can use this December to gather all your documents and apply in Jan or apply asap if you have your documents already.

The basic requirements are on IRCC, check them out and then decide what extra documents you will need to package a good application.

Don't forget your SOP. Start now to draft it out, edit, add, subtract and also don't forget to use grammarly to check for plagiarism.

Police report is not mandatory.
Medicals is compulsory. You can do an upfront assessment before you apply or apply and wait for IRCC to instruct you to go for one.

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
hugapex:

Your question is not drawing anyone back. Please keep asking all the questions you need to. People who have a bit idea will keep answering.

It is very feasible.

It is doable. Mpower Loan is a recognized proof of financial means by the IRCC but pls do not solely rely on Mpower.
You can go the extra mile by paying a tuition deposit if possible. (The idea is to try to prove you need only the Mpower loan for everything while letting the officers know you still have your own money to be very sure you won't have any financial difficulty)
Using ONLY Mpower makes it look like you have no money and it's risky for them.
Using only your funds (If not extra-sufficient) makes it look like "It's not a reasonable expense" meaning (Why should you spend all your 20m on education and nothing left)
Using only Mpower as POF is by mere chance/ extra Grace.

Your family can go altogether if you craft your SOP well. (and of course by God's Grace)
Tips to consider are stating that your wife and kids need emotional and physical support during their studies.
You need to help them settle during the transition period and ascertain their living condition. (I heard someone who said his kids will be changing schools and he needs to give them the push just as he did in their early school days in his home country.)

If you are applying for Visit Visa for yourself, you may include that you will be coming back to your pharmacy business. (That's enough home ties) You've had it for xxxx years and you can't fully entrust it in other hands for too long a period of time so you will be back yyyyyy date to continue.... while you are away, you have put in measures for accountability and continuity of your business.
Your business generates TTTTT average amount monthly in pure profit and (A percent) will be used to service your wife's living expenses.

You could add that your wife is an executive in your company, and you have committed to pay her a certain sum monthly even while on the study. It will strengthen POF.

A plus if you have CAC for your business, Tax documents, and Landed properties to strengthen your home ties.

Consider adding pictures together with your aged parents and parents-in-law for home ties.

For your wife, any association, church, mosque, or NGO she belongs to. (Secretary of Lagos Pharmacist... Chairman of LCDA... e.t.c) A letter-headed doc stating that your wife will be away for studies and her duties will be delegated to another member pending her return.

All the best of God in your application!

Can one use an additional 4m as proof of fund after receiving Mpower loan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kamsi99: 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I just got my PPR ! August 20th applicant.
Thanks to all the gurus on this platform.
Please I am currently in the east and I left my passport with my uncle in lagos.
Can he submit my passport for me?
Please what documents should he go with.

I will share my timeline soon. Note: Eligibility didn’t start, just PPR yesterday. Thanks.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
chithec:

Can one use an additional 4m as proof of fund after receiving Mpower loan

There are no restrictions to the amount of POF you can provide.
Add all you have. Note that providing your account as POF means sending at least 4 months statement of that account to IRCC via MBS.

Pls dont forget to highlight how you plan to repay the npower loan. Having the loan is not just enough.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2022
Kamsi99:
Hi Everyone,

Please I am currently in the east and I left my passport with my uncle in lagos.

I will share my timeline soon. Note: Eligibility didn’t start, just PPR yesterday. Thanks.

Congratulations on your PPR. Don't forget to share your timeline and documents to encourage others.

Attached is a mail from my chat with them a few days back.
I don't know about third party passport drop offs.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
Kamsi99:
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations on your PPR, and yes your uncle can submit for you, though through DHL.

Passport Submission Information after Study Permit Approval.

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
johnstan:

Seneca asked for the full 1st semester fee as initial dep so the next payment would be for the next semester. I declined the admission cos I didn't have that amount then.
Ooh okay, same here. Which school are you in now if I may ask
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teeebabyyy: 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2022
Congratulations!
Kamsi99:
Hi Everyone,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.