Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220925 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:15am On Aug 19, 2022
I intend not to start any argument, but acknowledging the write-up as insightful might deter people from pursuing their dream if they cannot afford to leave funds in their account after sending Mybankstatement (MBS) to IRCC. IRCC can only see the period of bank statement you selected when you send the MBS, and the banks cannot disclose your current balance.

MBS is not a technology invented to dictate lump sums and transactions as portrayed. Instead, it is the same thing as the traditional bank statement. The only difference is that to curtail the continued submission of fraudulent bank statements among Nigerian applicants, the bank can send your bank statement directly to IRCC. In addition, it reduces the processing time of applications as there is no need to contact banks for verification.
Anselbuchi:
This is really insightful..

Thanks to you boss

I wanted to ignore this but who knows those I could save? I am sorry, but you are not entirely right. Consequently, I need to address your response to prevent “Had I Known” from the Newbies.

Your answer might be valid for a printed SOA. But how? Embassies verify the authenticity of financial documents by sending them to the issuing institutions. And, all the embassies could get from these institutions is, “Yes, we provided this document. It is genuine!”. That’s all. They do not elongate the process by including financial histories. This is why I affirmed your accuracy in terms of printed SOA.

Now, why are you wrong?

With the advent of MBS, embassies are accorded the right to 6-month period of your financial transactions. They can see your inflow and outflow. They can spot a lumpsum and query or deny your application for it. (Exline101, I hope you are reading carefully? In your own case, there was deviation from your usual inflow and outflow. And, I am confident that you employed a third-party Cooperate Account.)

Now, if you claimed a fraction of your account balance is for your study in Canada and still went ahead to withdraw this same fund for something else, what outcome do you expect? A miracle? God is not dubious, My Friend. Recall, I told you they can view your six-month transaction - you can guess the result.

My friend, Bigdaddy001, if I would answer your question, yes, you can make a withdrawal from your account but ensure whatever is leaving your account exempts your total of $10,000 (if outside Quebec) + your tuition.

I hope I saved someone and haven’t wasted my time.

@Bigdaddy001, Quote me when you have your PPR because it shall come to pass!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 3:56am On Aug 19, 2022
Good morning Fam,

I have an express entry profile and I am about to submit an application for study visa. Could the express entry profile hamper my chances of having my study visa approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 4:03am On Aug 19, 2022
@Creativebelle, the site cannot be reached.

Any other option as I do not want to drop my number here.
Creativebelle:
https:///G1aqotPBvRzKKOKuIyaTxW use the link for Humber students
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 4:06am On Aug 19, 2022
@ Papapa1234, I requested to send you a mail. Kindly accept. I don't want to drop my number here. Thank you.

Papapa1234:
Send your number to be added
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 4:11am On Aug 19, 2022
Can anyone knowledgeablein this matter please respond to my questions. Thank you.

Divinefavrite:
Hello House, I need clarification on something. I have actually asked earlier but got no response.

I got admission with Humber college for a 1 year PGC for January 2023 intake. My question:

1. Can I go with my kids (15,14,10 and 5); We have never been separated for more than 2 months at the most so not going with them will be tough. Is there a way around this.

2. If there is, what kind of application will I need to put in for them?

3. Please note that the 5 year old is a US Citizen. Will she need any form of visa application?

I will be waiting for your responses. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 4:44am On Aug 19, 2022
Hi @Divinefavrite

1. Yes, you can go with your kids. You need to show adequate funds and good home ties.

2. You can apply for study permits for all of them.

3. The US citizen doesn't need any visa application (except if you want to apply for a study permit for her). She can get a visitor record at the port of entry.

Divinefavrite:
Hello House, I need clarification on something. I have actually asked earlier but got no response.

I got admission with Humber college for a 1 year PGC for January 2023 intake. My question:

1. Can I go with my kids (15,14,10 and 5); We have never been separated for more than 2 months at the most so not going with them will be tough. Is there a way around this.

3. Please note that the 5 year old is a US Citizen. Will she need any form of visa application?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akupuncture: 5:33am On Aug 19, 2022
You're going for 1 year program and you're going with all your kids - 15,14,10 and 5. Assuming you're the visa officer, will you approve all these visa applications. Be sincere to your self.

Divinefavrite:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 5:59am On Aug 19, 2022
sagbar:

Hi Johnstan, Please what are the documents you submitted in securing admission to Conestogac. I'm currently applying for Post garduate diploma and I have my Bsc certificate, transcript, English language proficiency letter, International Passport, CV. Are these sufficient for Conestoga?
thanks!

I only used my WAEC certificate and Bsc certificate, and int'l ppt.

Your Bsc and transcript is enough, I got a mail from them to add my Waec cert and Waec scratch card because Wes delayed my transcript delivery.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 6:06am On Aug 19, 2022
technix:
Hi @Divinefavrite

1. Yes, you can go with your kids. You need to show adequate funds and good home ties.

3. The US citizen doesn't need any visa application (except if you want to apply for a study permit for her). She can get a visitor record at the port of entry.

Please, I have questions related to this.

As regards the Study Permits for kids, how can admissions be secured for them into primary and secondary schools in Canada?

I'm asking because I don't know what to fill in that part of the Study Permit Form for two kids, one in primary school and the one in secondary school (JSS class). Because the form is not validating as I left that part empty.

Basically, I want to if it is compulsory for the kids to have LOA too from primary and secondary schools in Canada.

If the kids don't need LOA, what should I fill in the empty part.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 7:25am On Aug 19, 2022
bullstriker:
I intend not to start any argument, but acknowledging the write-up as insightful might deter people from pursuing their dream if they cannot afford to leave funds in their account after sending Mybankstatement (MBS) to IRCC. IRCC can only see the period of bank statement you selected when you send the MBS, and the banks cannot disclose your current balance.

MBS is not a technology invented to dictate lump sums and transactions as portrayed. Instead, it is the same thing as the traditional bank statement. The only difference is that to curtail the continued submission of fraudulent bank statements among Nigerian applicants, the bank can send your bank statement directly to IRCC. In addition, it reduces the processing time of applications as there is no need to contact banks for verification.

Client: I get 2m and I wan go study for Canada with my family japa with family of 5

Yahoo yahoo agents: No worry, I go process am for you

2m wey no fit reach flight ticket

Yahoo yahoo agent go collect 500k from the 2mila do mago mago document and cry cry go begin when things go south

Wetin Anselbuchi talk na true talk

It is people like you this bullstriker that are making things difficult for others. Later una go say dem dey deny Nigerians. Me I don Japa sha. Na una sabi

Learn from @Ocool. Him answer dey always cool

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 7:32am On Aug 19, 2022
Thank you @Technix. Can properties duly valuated in my name and spouse's alongside my job and mom be considered good home ties?
technix:
Hi @Divinefavrite

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2022
@Acupuncture, thank you for this thought provoking question. The impression I have is that you are allowed to travel with your family if you can show proof of ties back home for which imo, my spouse, job and property would suffice just like the UK process.

Since, I have not done this before, I needed to clarify before I start the application process. I dont know what guidelines the visa officer works with.

Akupuncture:
You're going for 1 year program and you're going with all your kids - 15,14,10 and 5. Assuming you're the visa officer, will you approve all these visa applications. Be sincere to your self.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 8:20am On Aug 19, 2022
Anselbuchi:
This is really insightful..

Thanks to you boss

I wanted to ignore this but who knows those I could save? I am sorry, but you are not entirely right. Consequently, I need to address your response to prevent “Had I Known” from the Newbies.

Your answer might be valid for a printed SOA. But how? Embassies verify the authenticity of financial documents by sending them to the issuing institutions. And, all the embassies could get from these institutions is, “Yes, we provided this document. It is genuine!”. That’s all. They do not elongate the process by including financial histories. This is why I affirmed your accuracy in terms of printed SOA.

Now, why are you wrong?

With the advent of MBS, embassies are accorded the right to 6-month period of your financial transactions. They can see your inflow and outflow. They can spot a lumpsum and query or deny your application for it. (Exline101, I hope you are reading carefully? In your own case, there was deviation from your usual inflow and outflow. And, I am confident that you employed a third-party Cooperate Account.)

Now, if you claimed a fraction of your account balance is for your study in Canada and still went ahead to withdraw this same fund for something else, what outcome do you expect? A miracle? God is not dubious, My Friend. Recall, I told you they can view your six-month transaction - you can guess the result.

My friend, Bigdaddy001, if I would answer your question, yes, you can make a withdrawal from your account but ensure whatever is leaving your account exempts your total of $10,000 (if outside Quebec) + your tuition.

I hope I saved someone and haven’t wasted my time.

@Bigdaddy001, Quote me when you have your PPR because it shall come to pass!

Tnk u for posting. More wisdom 4 u boss

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2022
Marchjuliet:
Hello house

Pls can I book in Waka now?
yes. Book it on their official website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2022
Better you go do medical upfront to save time on your application. Do the upfront and upload the e-medical form you will be given after the medicals is conducted.
Alukoholumidey:
Pls how long does it take to wait for medical invitation after done with the biometric,it been over 5weeks have been waiting no response yet ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lapazi(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2022
johnstan:

Not true. Form A is for invisible payments (payments for services), it could be school fees, medical fees, dues/remittances etc. You just need the right documents to process one which I'm sure you have hence the reason you submitted your request.

The challenge is as a result of FX unavailability from CBN to process these requests considering the recent surge in invisible payments and the devaluation of the Naira.

Banks will treat on first come first serve, who you know and how urgent it is.

Keep disturbing them and ensure your account is always funded for the debit so they don't get to your turn and see that you've withdrawn your funds - if that happens you will have to reapply and wait for another 40days.

Good luck.
Youre very correct. I learned this the hard way. Globus bank does not process diploma or PGD courses, they claimed its an internal policy.

So those planning on using this for such programs should find alternatives.

They just wasted my time!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Egonna: 9:15am On Aug 19, 2022
Divinefavrite:
@Acupuncture, thank you for this thought provoking question. The impression I have is that you are allowed to travel with your family if you can show proof of ties back home for which imo, my spouse, job and property would suffice just like the UK process.

Since, I have not done this before, I needed to clarify before I start the application process. I dont know what guidelines the visa officer works with.

@Divinefavrite. You can actually apply with you four kids, it's all depends on the amount of money you have for POF and you reasons for going with them in you SOP. A friend of mine got with her four kids and the landed in Canada two days ago. So you have to convince the VO why you want to travel with and show you have the finance to take care of them while you are there. There are alot of mothers who have gotten their visa approve with their family on a telegram group I belong. So it's doable. I for example I applied with my three kids. Still expecting feedback from IRCC. So weigh your options.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2022
bullstriker:
It seems like the “further review” is delaying your application. When you submit your application, first, it goes through a completeness check, otherwise known as R10. If you pass this stage, it means you submitted a complete application and will ask to go for biometrics, if applicable. It is after this stage that eligibility, criminality, security etc. starts.

To answer your question, there are people assess your application before the visa officer receives it and makes the final decision. These people, commonly known as analysts, can flag a document for further review if they cannot verify it or have other concerns. They are the ones that “recommend” pass or further review. The VO often goes with their recommendation.

So, if your application is recommended for further review, it is likely an analyst has flagged a document or a stage (eligibility, criminality, security, medical) that needs the attention of the visa officer. Although it can cause delay, they want to ensure you are credible and approve your application.

Please order a gcms note because it is in Global Case Management System (GCMS) that the analyst leaves a note for the visa officer. In fact, it is from a GCMS that the MP was given the information. This way, you can provide further information to address the concern before a decision is made.

My biometrics came immediately i applied... when did my application now go tru the R10? I don’t think anything is done before biometrics. It’s after the biometrics your application can be touched...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FAVANA: 9:33am On Aug 19, 2022
Good morning dear all,

Please do I need an updated statement of account to travel? Or they just check my bank app. I mean when I am trying to cross into canada.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2022
Pls guys i need answers how do I tackle this so it doesn’t affect me..?
My start date is almost close and I’m still waiting for ppr, i check my program availability for winter23 and its already closed I’m thinking of deferring to another course which also relate to my work experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2022
Ocool:

Please, I have questions related to this.

As regards the Study Permits for kids, how can admissions be secured for them into primary and secondary schools in Canada?

I'm asking because I don't know what to fill in that part of the Study Permit Form for two kids, one in primary school and the one in secondary school (JSS class). Because the form is not validating as I left that part empty.

Basically, I want to if it is compulsory for the kids to have LOA too from primary and secondary schools in Canada.

If the kids don't need LOA, what should I fill in the empty part.

I used my own LOA for my kid... i uploaded mine for her. Admissions are secured when you get there and have an apartment... because an address is needed to put them in schools close to home..(for public schools) they are put in schools according to their age so basically your kids will go down a class below their present class now. It’s not Primary or Secondary... It’s Elementary ( 1st - 6th grades) Junior high (7th-9th grades) and Senior high..(10th-12th grade). School age is 6 for 1st Grade so check your kids age and know where they will be.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Fredba:
Pls guys i need answers how do I tackle this so it doesn’t affect me..?
My start date is almost close and I’m still waiting for ppr, i check my program availability for winter23 and its already closed I’m thinking of deferring to another course which also relate to my work experience.

Mail your school and know if you can still get a slot for winter. You are a student already there not that it’s a fresh application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Send it through mail
Divinefavrite:
@Creativebelle, the site cannot be reached.

Any other option as I do not want to drop my number here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2022
You do not need a transit visa for UK
AkeemTy:
what date are you travelling? i can check on some sites for you but flights transiting through the US or UK is not advisable if you don't have a transit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 10:01am On Aug 19, 2022
CharitoJames:

Mail your school and know if you can still get a slot for winter. You are a student already there not that it’s a fresh application

They said is full for winter 23 intake I’ll have to choose another program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 10:19am On Aug 19, 2022
Any July applicant that has got ppr?

Abi them never start to dey attend to July people?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 10:21am On Aug 19, 2022
Those that have travelled should please answer this question.. it has been asked several times without answer...
FAVANA:
Good morning dear all,

Please do I need an updated statement of account to travel? Or they just check my bank app. I mean when I am trying to cross into canada.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OlaqR: 10:26am On Aug 19, 2022
This implies that your eligibility has started.

Peace.

Fehgur:

Please how do you know when your eligibility review has started? Do you get a message? What does it say on your dashboard? Mine says “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility
requirements.” is it the same on your own?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 10:27am On Aug 19, 2022
thank you for the clarification
Creativebelle:
You do not need a transit visa for UK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johndooe009: 10:33am On Aug 19, 2022
Johndooe009:
Please anyone studying in Cambrian College. I got admission for Business Analytics. It’s a 3 semester program. Reading on the nairaland group. 2 semester PGD equals 1year PGWG. How about 3 semester program. Thank you.
abeg help your boy please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2022
@Egonna, thank you for yourresponse. Can I private chat with you please?

[quote author=Egonna post=115845195][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2022
Thank to you all for taking time to respond to the myriads of questionsI drop here.

Any thoughts on this question below?

Divinefavrite:
Good morning Fam,

I have an express entry profile and I am about to submit an application for study visa. Could the express entry profile hamper my chances of having my study visa approved?

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.