Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL (16351 Views)

Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional / Woman Sows Seed With Her Husband's Car In Delta Church (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:06am On Apr 28, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, April 28, 2023

*THE POSITIVE SIDE OF FEAR*

*Ecclesiastes 12:13*
_“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”_

*Luke 12:5*
_“But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.”_

*Psalm 25:14*
_“The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.”_

What a waste of emotional disorder to tremble in the presence of a creature but take for granted the creator because He loves us. There is nothing in the devil that should scare a Christ-like being who is on the same page with God. Satan’s weakness comes to the limelight in the presence of a Christian who is submitted to God, such Christian can resist the devil and make him flee. James 4:7 says, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
This is a clear indication that Satan has some weaknesses not known to a lot of Christians. A lot of people will rather tremble at the mention of the devil but loose guard at the mention of the creator of all things whom without Him was nothing made that was made. John 1:3 says, “All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.”

All things were made by Him, and all things includes all things.
Colossians 1:16-17 explains it thus, “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: [17] And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” We can see this scripture that we are able to deduce who is really the master. Instead of being afraid of witches and wizards, just submit to God and increase your reverential Fear of Him.

It is sheer stupidity to fear wickedness, for God created evil to feed on the wicked. Psalm 34:21 “Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. But the good news is all things works together for our advancement. Therefore, rest and abide in His presence without fear of what man can do to you. By default, nothing works against a child born of God who fears and reverences the Almighty.

*PRAYER*
Father, put your fear in me and help me to know you enough to enter my rest.

*DECLARATION*
In Jesus' name, I declare that I am perfect in Love therefore, there is no place for negative fear in me. The fear of God is in my heart. I live for Him and reverence Him all the days of my life. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:03am On Apr 29, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday 29th April 2023

*PRAYING THE PSALMS*

*1 Chronicles 16:9*
_“Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works!”_

*Psalms 95:2*
_“Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.”_

*Ephesians 5:19* _“Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,”_

The Psalms are essentially a collection of prayers and spiritual songs. In the Psalms, you have written for, every prayer that can come in handy in different situations and circumstances. The Psalms is a go-to book for prayers of consecration, prayer for direction, prayer for deliverance, prayer of thanksgiving and prayer of praise. No matter the situation that you find yourself in, there are Psalms you can pray with and not pray amiss. The Bible says ‘’If anyone is afflicted, let him pray…” “is anyone merry, let him sing psalms’’. In other words, in James 5:13, the Bible encourages us that when there is an affliction, you should go to the Psalms, when you are merry you should also go to the Psalms.
The Christian is supposed to ensure that the word of God is in their mouth no matter the ups or downs that life brings.

There are a lot of songs we sing in church that are 100% Psalms, example is Psalm 121; this is a very popular Psalm and a very popular song ‘’ I will lift up my eyes to the Hills from whence cometh my help, my help cometh from the Lord who made heaven and earth’’. Another Psalm is Psalm 96:1, ‘’Sing unto the Lord a new song, sing unto the lord all the earth’’. Psalm 8:1 “How excellent is your name Oh Lord, in all the earth’’. There are a lot of songs that we sing that the Ancients took their time to write from the Psalms – that is one thing we should do in this time, you should do a little research, get those Psalms that the Ancients have written and begin to sing the songs in this time we are in.

We should also write our own songs from the Psalms. The season that we are in is a season of mixed feelings and uncertainty. Going to camp with the Psalms is wisdom, let the Psalms form the core of your praise, let the Psalms form the core of your prayer, and let the Psalms form the core of your declaration. For your prayers to be effective, they must consist of praying in the word; when you go to the word and pray and sing the Psalms, you will not pray amiss. When you pray with the Psalms and sing with the Psalms, you will be stirring the covenant. Psalm 136 should remain on your lips; Psalm 91 should remain on your lips. The Psalms are the best places for thanksgiving, words of adoration, words of declaration of the wondrous works of God, words of affirmation and words of faith.

For when we praise Him, He will raise us. When we are grateful, He will make us great and when we declare His wonders, He will turn us into a wonder in our world. This season and beyond, stay with the Psalms, they are a never-failing spiritual resource.

*Prayer*
Father, lead me to your word, cause me to behold wondrous things in your word.

*Declaration*
My eyes see, my ears hear, and my heart understands. I am guided by the spirit to the relevant Psalms that I need this season. The song of Joy and rejoicing will not cease in my mouth, in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:40am On Apr 30, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, April 30th, 2023

*HOW TO WAIT IN PRAYER*

*Isaiah 40: 3*
_“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”_

In your day-to-day activities, there are places that require you to wait patiently either in the queue, in the waiting room, in a consulting room to see a doctor or to book an appointment with an investor. When you know the person you are waiting to see, it can help you address whatever issue that is of concern to you. You typically wait patiently until you are ushered in. This is the way it is when it comes to God. There are issues that will bring you to God in prayer. There are issues happening in your life and usually, these are things that are outside your human control. It is wisdom therefore to take them to God in prayer.
You can set out a specific time to go to God in prayer, where you are trusting God to intervene in the pressing issue. Maybe you desire a new job, or there is a nagging problem somewhere and you have been praying but it looks like things are not moving. You may desire a financial breakthrough, or an abandoned project you want revived or a usual pattern in your life that must come to an end. It may be series of miscarriages. These things are completely out of your control. This is when you should go to God in prayer. By doing this you must wait on him. In waiting on God, you start out by acknowledging that God is able to deal with the matter.

Secondly, when you go into His presence you must cast all your cares on him. You present the case telling him the things you want him to do for you.

Thirdly, you must let him know that you are fully dependent on him. Most times people think that by waiting, you must not eat; yes, you can support it by fasting and prayer not just whiling away time but intelligently interacting with the God of heaven. When you are waiting on him, you are telling him that you depend absolutely on him to move and to take over just as the eagle waits on the wind to move. The eagle by nature was designed to wait on the movement of the wind; in waiting on the Lord, you must wait for spiritual movement. You must wait for the move of the Spirit and that is how you take advantage of that. The move of the Spirit can come in form of instruction; it can tell you to dance or sow a seed. Once you sense a movement in your environment just go ahead and tap into it. You must be expectant, your eyes must be fixed on Him, and you must know in your heart that He is more than able to help, save and deliver. You must have pictures at the back of your mind of your desired outcome. While you are waiting for that movement to happen around you, your expectations can never be cut short. The bible says ‘they looked up to him and they were lightened, and they were not put to shame.

*Prayer*
Father in the name of Jesus, teach me how to practically wait on you

*Declaration*
I am the beloved of God; I know that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I can ask or think. I declare that I have wisdom in my heart to navigate through life; I wait on the everlasting hand of God to lift me to heights unimaginable in Jesus' name!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:21am On May 01, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday May 1st, 2023

*YOUR LIGHT HAS COME*

*2 Peter 1:19 NKJV*
_And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts._

Welcome to the month of May. The month has been declared as our month of New Dawn. The month of May is a prophetic season for us as individuals, for the Church of God globally, for our great nation, Nigeria, and for the world at large. If you are a student of prophecies and the movement in the political space, you will begin to see that there is an alignment and realignment going on among nations right now. These are all indicators of the dawning of a new season for the world. Persecution has gone up for the church, and attacks on the body of Christ have escalated.

All of these are indicators of the birth pang that is upon the nations of the world. We must know that every new day is heralded by the rising of the light of the sun, which rolls back the garment of darkness and brings in the robe of light. Every new day starts in this fashion. In the same way, seasons are birthed by the dawning of the light that is from heaven. People might not see it, but when the light comes, it is responsible for the transformation on the face of the earth, within different spaces. In Genesis 1, God introduced light and in six days, everything had become transformed. In like manner, darkness is getting stronger, but God is about releasing his light upon the nations of the world, individually and corporately.

We must pay attention to biblical prophecies. With all the things prophets are saying around us, they might be pointers. But the prophecies you should pay attention to are the biblical prophecies. The only prophecies that will surely happen are not the ones that the prophet says, but the prophecies that are written in the Word of God. When you begin to pay attention to the prophecies that are in the Word of God, you will be privileged to hear what others can't hear, you will be privileged to see what others do not see, and you begin to enter into things that many people around you will consider a mystery. You become a sign and a wonder when you break into the light that shines from the pages of Scriptures. Your heart must be fixed in heavenly places. Don't look around you. Don’t observe the cloud. Just put your eyes in heavenly places because God supplies all our needs, according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus from heavenly places.

When we begin to look at the light that shines from the face of Jesus, anyone that sees this light will begin to experience the dawning of the light of day. When you see this light, you will see the light of the Day Star. The Day Star is Jesus, Himself. When you see that light, you become a star in the day. So, the idea of the day-star is that light shines on you that turns you into a star in the day. What it means is that the light of God will shine upon your path, will shine upon your head and upon your works. And when you begin to operate by the influence of this light, the day will be productive for you because Jesus said in the night we sleep but during the day we work. So, the day is for working and the night is for waiting on the light of life. And when that light shines on you, you begin to operate in what the Bible calls ‘sweatless’ and ‘triumphant success’.

With every new dawn, there are new opportunities, new openings, new vistas or new horizons dawning with them. So, the light of life will cause you to be ahead of others. You will enjoy supernatural speed. You will enjoy supernatural advantages. You will see better than others like Mary, who encountered Jesus at the dawning of a new day. You will become a partaker of the things that heaven is doing. And you become a poster child of what God is doing and the things that God can do. You begin to become a mouthpiece that will speak to other people, showing them that the light has risen because when Jesus rose from the dead, the light of the world rose again. Since then, darkness has not been able to comprehend it. So, you break into this season knowing that there is a vista of light you must enter into that will cause you to operate in a dimension that Satan and men will not be able to comprehend. They will not be able to explain your success, your stride and your greatness. Therefore, I speak to you today that you Arise, Shine! Your light has come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.

*Prayer*
Father, open the eyes of my heart to see the light of life.

*Declaration.*
I decree and declare that I am thirsty for more of God. I am properly positioned in the scheme of things. I wait upon the Lord to see the light and a new horizon. I am properly positioned to partake in the things that God is doing. I become a poster child of everything God can do in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:10am On May 02, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023

*BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS*

*Numbers 13: 30 NKJV*
_Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, “Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it.”_

*Joshua 1: 6-7, 9 NKJV*
_"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.”_

_“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”_

Joshua's assignment was challenging; upon him was laid the responsibility to lead God's people in battle to possess and apportion the territory God had given them. In addition, Moses, his predecessor, had set a high standard and left behind shoes quite big to fill. No doubt, Joshua needed all the affirmation he could get, and God gave it to him in adequate measure, "There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee” [Joshua 1:5]

Maybe you can relate to Joshua's situation. The assignment, vision or idea that God has committed into your hand to execute will be daunting. It will require the whole of you and much more. It will stretch and strain you in many ways. In fact, it may require more than your old or current self will be able to give. But succeeding at it is not impossible. Two major factors are required; God's presence and your Courage

God's presence is ascertained. The present-day believer has the presence of God in a better dimension than Joshua did, because the Spirit of God now dwells within us, never to leave us (John 14:16-17). Our own part is that of courage. Courage is essential; it is so powerful that it can determine the extent to which we harness the readily available help of God. One who has little or no courage will not even dare to make a move in the face of difficulties, and when no move is made, no help is required. I pray that in all your pursuit, you will be as Caleb and declare boldly at the instance of God's clear direction, "Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it!"

*PRAYER*
Lord, thank you for the presence of your Spirit within me. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
l am bold, I am courageous. I do not back down in the face of difficult and challenging situations.
I stand firm upon God's word and I march on boldly in the direction of destiny. I refuse to allow fear, weakness or insufficiency to rob me of what God has called mine. I press on in courage and I win! Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:50am On May 03, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST .CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday 3rd May 2023

*THE RENEWED MIND*

*Romans 12:2-3 NKJV*
_And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith._

*Matthew 20: 25- 28*
_But Jesus called them to himself and said you know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many._

There are four marks of the renewed mind that you need to pay attention to. And as you go through these marks you will find it helpful to check on your own mind. Try to see how far your own mind has been renewed and other areas perhaps where it still needs to be renewed. Firstly, the renewed mind is not self-centered but God- centered. It is not motivated any longer by these three verbs; I want, I think, I feel. Instead it is motivated by God’s values, God’s purposes and God’s objectives. These now become more important to us than our own. Its desire and purposes is to do only that which glorifies God. It does not ask will this help me or what will I get out of this? It asks, will God get glory out of this?

The second mark of the renewed mind is that it is not proud or self- seeking. It is not looking for opportunities to rule but to serve. It is not looking for opportunities to get but to give. Today, in our modern culture, the idea of being servant is pretty unpopular. Everybody wants to be his own boss. Everybody wants his own rights. Everybody wants to steer his own course and look after his own interests. But that is not the renewed mind. The renewed mind doesn’t say what can I get. It says, what can I give? It doesn’t seek to exalt itself but to humble itself.

The third mark of the renewed mind is that it is sober and realistic. Paul says we are to think so as to have a sound judgement. Another translation uses the word sober. The renewed mind is sober and realistic. It avoids two extremes. On the one hand, fantasy and wishful thinking and the other hand self-depreciation and depression. One of the problems of the teenage mind is that it easily indulges in fantasy, daydreaming and wishful thinking. But we have to recognize that it is not a mark of maturity. Another common feature of a teenage mind is that it tends to get easily depressed and often a teenager will isolate and shut himself or herself off and sit in a room alone. These are not consistent with the renewed mind.

The fourth mark of the renewed mind is something that is not always easy for us to understand. The renewed mind stays within the proportion of the measure of God-given faith. It doesn’t make unrealistic boasts and claims. It is a common thing with religious people who fancy themselves to be spiritual, to try and believe for more than they can really believe. And it leads to many kinds of problems. Sometimes people who could legitimately have a medical help go without it because they believe they have faith for healing but they don’t get healed. Faith is always humble. And we have to move within the proportion of the God-given faith.

*PRAYER*
Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for the renewal of my mind, to have sound mind and help me where I need renewal. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that I operate in my God- given faith. My mind is centered on the things of God and I am not self-seeking. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:18am On May 04, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday May 4th, 2023

*KEEP DOING THE RIGHT THINGS*

*Galatians 6: 9*
_“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”_

Christians battle against the weariness associated with doing good. Today, more than ever the church needs Paul's exhortation, “do not grow weary in doing good”. Do not get tired of doing the right things. It is in the continuous doing of the right things that you experience a breakthrough. The Bible says do not be weary of well doing for in due season you will reap if you faint not. If you don’t stop, if you don’t give up, if you do not get discouraged. At times, you may be doing something and not see any result, you should not stop doing what you think is right because in due season you will see the results. It is very important that you pay attention to the word of God.

Those who genuinely “do good” will be tempted soon enough to grow weary. Give yourself to doing good for others — on God’s terms, to fulfil his calling. Even the apostle Paul, with the utter clarity of his calling, testified to “fighting without and fear within”. 2 Corinthians 7:5 For indeed, when we came to Macedonia, our bodies had no rest, but we were troubled on every side. Outside were conflicts, inside were fears. Becoming spiritually and emotionally drained was enough of a temptation in his day, that he wrote twice in his letters, Do not grow weary in doing good (Galatians 6:9; 2 Thessalonians 3:13). When doing good gets tough, and it will, Paul does not simply say, “Don’t quit.” He says, “Do not grow weary.”
The worst enemy of enthusiasm is weariness. That tired feeling that results from having run out of strength, patience, and endurance. All of us have been there. We decide to start something great and wonderful, and then in a matter of a few days, weeks, or months, we are tired of it. What once was a joy, has now become a wearisome burden. Faithful believers must expect persecution and suffering of various kinds from a world that has rejected Christ.

Weariness can be contagious (Deuteronomy 20:8 ). But when we fight back, it also can work the other way: to help others persevere. God means for us not only to endure in “doing good” ourselves but to help others “not grow weary” (1 Thessalonians 5:14). We must keep doing good even when we do not feel like it. It is not just about the feeling but a commitment to God. Jesus went about doing good. It was not always convenient for Him. He was criticised, judged, insulted and even rejected. But that did not stop Him from doing good. Jesus is our perfect example. Do not grow weary in doing good even when the world around you is wicked.

*PRAYER*
Father, give me the strength to keep doing good so that I may not get weary. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that I am strong. I will not grow weary. I will not grow faint. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:25am On May 05, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, May 5th, 2023

*A DEEPER WALK IS POSSIBLE*

*Psalm 119: 11 - 13*
_Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O Lord! Teach me Your statutes. With my lips, I have declared all the judgments of Your mouth._

Being led by the Spirit of God is a personal and spiritual journey that can vary from person to person. Just the way our faces and thumb prints are different so is our walk with God. However, there are some general tips that can help you develop a deeper relationship with God and be more open to His guidance, let’s consider these tips and see how to apply them in our daily conversations.

*Spend time in prayer:* Prayer is a powerful way to connect with God and seek His guidance. Set aside time each day to pray, to ask for His direction and to listen for His voice. As a matter of principle, make it a habit to pray daily, don’t allow any day to end without you conversing with heaven. Also, when you pray, ensure it is a dialogue and not a monologue, always hear back from heaven.

*Read the Bible:*
The Bible is God's Word, and it contains wisdom and guidance for our lives. Make a habit of reading the Bible regularly, meditating on its teachings and seeking to apply its principles to your life. There are lessons to be learnt from every scripture, instructions to apply etc. Make sure to ‘hear’ what the Spirit is saying and do well to obey promptly, which leads to the next point.

*Practice obedience:* God often guides us through small promptings or nudges that we may feel in our hearts or minds. Make a conscious effort to obey these promptings, even if they don't always make sense or are inconvenient, they will always ‘make spirit’.

*Seek wise counsel:* Surround yourself with other believers who can offer godly wisdom and advice. Seek counsel from pastors, mentors or trusted friends who have a strong relationship with God and can help guide you in your spiritual journey. No man is an island, you need others, there are things you might not see immediately, there are things that the Holy Spirit will put on the lips of others for you. Be sensitive to know when He is speaking to you.

*Trust in God's timing:* Sometimes, we may feel like we're not receiving clear guidance from God or that He's not answering our prayers. In these moments, it's important to trust in His timing and know that He is always with us, guiding us even when we don't feel His presence. Such situations help our faith in God and deepen our walk with Him.

Remember, being led by the Spirit of God is a process that requires patience, faith and surrendering our will to God's will. With prayer, Bible study, obedience, wise counsel and trust in God's timing, you can grow closer to Him and become more attuned to His guidance in your life.

*PRAYER*
Father, I pray for the grace to have a deeper walk with you. Teach me to spend more time with You and build a stronger relationship. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that I am taking intentional steps to have a deeper walk with God. I listen attentively to His instructions and I practice obedience. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:14am On May 06, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday 6th May 2023

*AMONG THE GREATEST*

*Psalm 42:5*
_Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance._

*Psalm 43:5*
_Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God._

*Proverbs 13:12*
_Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life._

Hope is amongst the three important forces of life that Paul mentioned in 1 Corinthians 13:13. It has been confirmed that hopelessness is a key ingredient that has led many to depression and suicide. When men give up and forget the salvation that is in Christ or refuse to turn to Him for help, they lose heart and become bitter, angry or frustrated with life. It is safe to say Judas committed suicide because He gave up, he did not receive the forgiveness that was available for him in Christ and thought He was without help.

Also, when people wait for so long for something to come through for them, in this case, their hope is deferred. Instead of crying out to God and turning that situation as an opportunity to praise God, their hearts become sick and they can’t see beyond their circumstances. When hopelessness sets in, it comes with other voices like doubts, unbelief, fear, loneliness, depression etc. You begin to feel like you are the only one in the world with such an issue. You set up a pity-party and conclude on the matter.

However, we must always fix our hearts and eyes on God. He said the expectations of the righteous shall not be cut off. The Bible records in Romans 4:18 that Abraham hoped against hope that he will be father of many nations and that became his reality. Without hope, you can’t have faith. The Bible defines faith as the substance of things hoped for. So, you can’t even have faith without having a picture of what you want. Whatever you are trusting God for shows you have hope. Don’t give up. Don’t give in. Surely, your expectations shall not be cut off. Hope in God, He is your solid anchor.

*Prayers*
Father, I thank you for the blessed assurance I have in you. Father cause my heart to be filled with your word as it births the right pictures in me in Jesus name.

*Declarations*
My hope is built on Christ the rock! I hope in God. His word gives life to my hope. My expectations shall not be cut off, God’s promises for me are Yes and Amen and I trust Him to fulfil His word in my life.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:07am On May 08, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday May 8, 2023

*THE WAY OF COUNSEL*

*Psalm 16:7 NKJV*
_I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons_

*Psalm 32:8-9 NKJV*
_I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they will not come near you._

The way of counsel is the way of peace, ease and increase. Life can sometimes be a maze, with many twists, turns and crossroads. And many times, we will find ourselves in uncharted territory, faced with the need to make critical decisions. Too many will take steps and make seemingly correct moves that will cost them much later on. On the other hand, many will miss life-changing opportunities because they do not see them as such.

In all of these, believers have an advantage. Indwelt in us is the Spirit of the Lord, the very Spirit of Counsel who instructs our human spirit, guiding us into all truth and leading us in the way. We can rest assured that at every point in time, we have within us the divine prompter, nudging us in the right direction, restraining us from the path of danger and stirring us to new paths. A vital dimension of counsel is intelligence – that information about things to come that we ourselves are very unaware of. God is always faithful in keeping his part of the bargain by giving us counsel always, the matter however is one of meekness.

It is the meek that the Lord will guide in judgement, and the humble that he will lead in the way (Psalm 25:9). Those lacking in these qualities do not qualify for the counsel of God. If you must walk with the Spirit, you must be flexible, he can lead you in a different direction at a moment’s notice. The extent to which we are meek is the extent to which the Holy Spirit can help us. The believer who must succeed must not be set in his ways but open-minded and willing to take the Lord’s counsel. Do you qualify?

*Prayer*
Lord, help me to remain open to your counsel. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, my heart is receptive to the counsel of the Lord. I am deliberate in inclining my ears to his instructions, I follow through with whatever he tells me to do. I keep my conscience free of all pollutants, enabling it to receive counsel at all times. I am swift to retrace my steps when wrong; I am not set in my ways. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:05am On May 09, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday 9th May, 2023

*REIGNING IN LIFE*

*Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV*
_For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope._

*Joshua 1:8 NKJV*
_This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you[a] shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success._

Success is an accomplishment of an aim or purpose. As believers, to succeed means to attain all that God has purposed and earmarked for us on the face of the earth. God does not entrust a task or responsibility in our hands that He has not given us the capacity to fulfil. He always makes provision of resources – men and materials to fulfil whatever purpose He has placed on us. God called us out of darkness into His marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9). He has not called us to seek Him in vain (Isaiah 45:19), because He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6) and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son where we have been installed to rule and reign. In this kingdom, faith is the key to success and a lifetime of joy.

We must understand that we have been called to live triumphantly; in our health, finances, jobs, businesses, marriages, fellowship with God and so on. That is, we are overcomers through the blood of Jesus that was shed for us, speaks on our behalf and avails for us till this present day. We have been empowered by the Holy Spirit to withstand the difficult times and believe that God will turn things around in due season. Life in Christ is not low-level life or living in abject poverty, lack, sickness, defeat or death, it is abundant life!

As a believer, to guarantee success in life, God must continually be the centre of our lives. His word must not depart from our mouths; we must meditate on it day and night; be observant of and doers of His word. Only then shall we experience prosperity and good success. Like Paul, we can then declare that we have fought the good fight, we have finished our course and we have kept the faith (2 Timothy 4:7). Success by God’s standards also includes that we are burning and shining examples of His light and love.

*Prayer*
Lord God, teach me to profit by Your word and cause all that I lay my hands to do to prosper exceeding abundantly in Jesus' name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Everything and everyone connected to me experience the grace of God that responds to the influence and beauty of the Spirit in my life. I am reigning in life as a king and exercising dominion in my sphere of influence and all circumstances. I am a winner, a success and a victor at every count in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:43am On May 10, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday May 10th, 2023

*NEGATIVE SELF-TALK OPENS DOORS TO SPIRITS*

*Genesis 27:11-13, 46 NKJV*
_And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, “Look, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth- skinned man. Perhaps my father will feel me, and I shall seem to be a deceiver to him; and I shall bring a curse on myself and not a blessing.” But his mother said to him, “Let your curse be on me, my son: only obey my voice, and go, get them for me.”_

_And Rebekah said to Isaac, “I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob takes a wife of the daughters of Heth, like these who are daughters of the land, what good will my life do me?”_

In Genesis 27, we have the story of how Isaac was going to bless Esau and the mother Rebecca switched them. She got Jacob acting like Esau and claiming the blessing. Jacob was not reluctant but he was afraid and said this in verse 11. She took on herself the curse that would have been due to Jacob. A self-imposed curse. Now if you go to the end of the chapter, you will find Rebekah beginning to use very negative language about herself. I’m tired of living. What is the good of living? That is the typical statement by somebody who is under a curse. Never permit yourself to say that. Do not make these kinds of negative statements.

Don’t say I will never be able to do this. I will never succeed. I’m no use. I’m a failure. I just can’t take it anymore and then you go on and say I wish I were dead. I will be better off dead. Do you know what you are doing? You are inviting the spirit of death and he doesn’t take many invitations. Rather confess Psalm 118:17 "I shall not die but live and declare or proclaim the works of the Lord."

If you have made a negative remark about yourself, if you have imposed something negative on yourself, you need to revoke it by speaking positive words. As a remarkable example, you know that Peter denied three times that he knew the Lord. Later on, after the resurrection beside the sea of Galilee, Jesus had a personal talk with Peter and three times he said do you love me? He made Peter affirm three times that he loved him. Why did he do that? Because Peter had to revoke the negative statements he had made before the crucifixion. So if we have said something negative and brought some dark shadows over us, we need to revoke the negative and replace it with the positive. I shall not die does not mean you will never die, but it means Satan is not going to kill you before your time.

Another example is the great tragedy of the Jewish history. Matthew 27:24-25 When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude saying “I am innocent of the blood of this just person. You see to it”. And all the people answered and said “his blood be on us and our children”. What is that? A self-imposed curse. And by that, those words as a strand of tragedy, were woven into Jewish history which has run for 19 centuries. What a lesson, not to say the wrong thing about ourselves.

God had protected Abraham against curses. He said anyone that curses you, I will curse. There is just one area that God cannot protect the Jewish people from. From themselves. Do you see? And that’s often true in our lives. God can protect us from everything except what we say about ourselves.

*PRAYER*
In the name of Jesus, I revoke every negative word I have said about myself. I revoke every negative utterance made against me. I begin to speak positive things into my life. AMEN!

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:07am On May 11, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday May 11th, 2023

*WE ARE FREE IN CHRIST*

*Galatians 5:1*
_“Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.”_

*John 8:36*
_“Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.”_

Freedom is the most important thing everyone seeks. Every person who believes he is oppressed seeks freedom. However, freedom in Christ is not the same as political or economic freedom. The truth is some of the most harshly oppressed people in history have had complete freedom in Christ. The Bible makes it clear that spiritually speaking no one is free. The book of Romans 6 explains that we are all slaves. We are either slaves to sin or slaves to righteousness. Those who are slaves to sin cannot free themselves from it, but once we are freed from the penalty and power of sin through the cross, we become a different kind of slave and in that slavery, we find complete peace and true freedom. Although this might look like a contradiction but the only true freedom in Christ will come to those who are His slaves.

The Christian has nothing to offer the Lord in payment for His forgiveness, and He is totally owned by the Master who bought him with His shed blood on the cross. Christians are purchased by that blood and are the possession of their Lord and Saviour. We are not hired by Him; we belong to Him. Far from being oppressed, the slave of Christ is truly free. We have been set free from sin by the Lord Jesus. We can now say with the Apostle Paul, that through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set us free from the law of sin and death. We now know the truth and the truth has set us free. Through the bondage to Christ, we have also become sons and heirs of the Most High God. As heirs, we have now become partakers of that inheritance - eternal life, which God confers on all His children. This is a privilege beyond any earthly treasure we could ever inherit, while those in bondage to sin inherit only spiritual death and an eternity in hell.

In reality, most Christians live as though they are still in bondage. Most times, we rebel against the Father, refusing to obey Him and clinging to our old lives. We hold on to the sins that once bound us to Satan. This is because our new nature still lives in the old fleshy nature; we are still drawn to sin. Paul tells us to put off the old self with its deceit and corruption and put on the new self with its righteousness. In other words, put off lying and put on truthfulness, put off stealing and put on usefulness and work. Put off bitterness, rage and anger and put on kindness, compassion and forgiveness. We have truly been set free from the bondage of sin, but we often put the chains back on because a part of us loves the old life and that part has to be crucified and put to death. We must also realise that we have been crucified with Christ and that we have been reborn as completely new creatures. The Christian life is one of death to self and rising to walk in the newness of life.

*Prayer*
Father help me to realise that Christ has freed me from the hands of Satan and my life now belongs to You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I am free in Christ Jesus. I have been set free from the bondage of sin. I am now free to serve God. I commit the members of my body to the service of God. I have been crucified with Christ in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:25am On May 12, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday May12th, 2023

*KNOWLEDGE FOR PROFIT*

*Proverbs 24:3-5 [NLT]*
_A house is built by wisdom and become strong through good sense, through knowledge its room are filled with all sort of precious riches and valuables, the wise are mightier than the strong and those with knowledge grows stronger and stronger._

Wisdom gives you an edge while understanding gives you root. Knowledge produces massive riches and uncommon results in the market place. Nonetheless, it is not enough to build a house; it is not enough to get it established. It is wise to ensure that the rooms are filled with precious things because a house that is built without things in it, like furniture, cannot be habitable. The same thing goes for an enterprise, it is not enough to start a business, it is not enough for the business to have an office. The business must generate income and revenue for the owner of the business. The same thing with the church; it is one thing to start a church, it is another thing to generate results. What makes a difference is your operation of knowledge. Knowledge is what brings profit and riches in the marketplace. People pay a premium for knowledge, people pay a premium for information and people pay for their ignorance. The better you know, the more you stand to get in the marketplace.

What you see and how you see what you see in the marketplace is very vital and this can be traceable to knowledge. This is what makes the difference between success and failure. Knowledge makes a man see things in things. Micheal Angelo said “ I saw the angel in the marble and carve until I set him free” Knowledge in your spirit is like binoculars. Knowledge in your soul is like a telescope, it will make you see farther, it will make you see better, it will make you see the things you don't see and that is what translates to profit on the face of the earth. Knowledge in your spirit guides you, steadies you and strengthens your hands to work. Man operates today and combines the seen and the unseen, resources that the eyes can see and things that eyes don't see. The fact of the matter is that the more intangible things are, the more profitable. The biggest supermarket as it were in the world is Amazon and they are online, its like the more complex things are, the more profit people start to gain.

So knowledge is becoming bigger and knowledge is becoming more complex. Gone are the days of simplicity and bulk. Today we are in the days of swift, smart and complex. The swift, the smart and the complex is what drives the wheel of commerce today. Today, knowledge sells in the marketplace. We are in the information age; information produced by inspiration, perspiration and revelation. One nuclear warhead is superior to a million full soldiers on horses behind the war and the difference between these two eras is superior information that has been distilled over the years. The strength of nation and cooperation are firmly rooted in superior information. The profit of the earth is for all but those that can make sense of the complex, the swift and smart are the ones that will prosper. The kings in your field are ahead because of the application for superior knowledge and information.

*PRAYER*
Father, in the name of Jesus, establish my heart in wisdom and help me to work in understanding and knowledge of the days of my life. AMEN!

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus Christ, I declare that I walk in power, I work in knowledge, my eyes see, my ears hear, I prosper, I produce uncommon results by the help of the Spirit.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:18am On May 13, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, May 13, 2023

*The Faithful Servant*

*Luke 16:1-8*
_And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods. [2] And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward. [3] Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed. [4] I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses. [5] So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord? [6] And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty. [7] Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore. [8] And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light._

The Bible reading for today clearly shows that we will be required by God to give an account of how we spent our time, talent, resources, gift and everything He gave us. If we are conscious of truth of accountability, we will be careful and not be found wanting on the day of judgment. By the help of the Holy Spirit, we will be faithful with our time, gifts and talents.

Even in our normal daily activities or our place of work, we cannot be given much until we have proven ourselves, until we have shown ourselves faithful in that job, or assignment God has given us. Like David at the backside of no where, he was faithful with tending his father’s sheep. He protected them from the bear and the lion not knowing that he will soon be ruling a Kingdom.

Some of us have lost the opportunity of managing great things due to bad attitude or character defects. Some of us are so desirous to be great and be the great that we forget about the seemingly little things in front of us. God honours that time you spend in managing the little in front of you. He honours your faithfulness in Church, at rehearsals or cleaning the church for services. He honours your commitment at your workplace. We should see these places as stepping stones and opportunities to build character and grow spiritually. One thing that is common among great and successful people is humble beginnings. No one starts from the top. Everything great begins small, begins in a seed form. Just trust the Holy Spirit to lead you every step you take.

*Prayers*
Father, cause me to see you in the midst of seemingly little.
Father, help me trust that glorious things are prepared for me in Jesus name.

*Declarations*
I am a faithful servant
I am faithful in little and in big things
I take charge of every assignment given to me
My hands are diligent and blessed
I am a wise servant.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 11:24am On May 14, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday May 14th, 2023

*FREEDOM FROM CURSE*

*Galatians 3: 13-14 [NKJV]*
_Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith._

There are several factors in people's lives that when discovered, leads to the conclusion that they are probably under a curse. Number one is mental and emotional breakdowns, especially emotional breakdown. If it just happens once in one’s life, there could be other causes. But if it is a thing that recurs frequently in a family you can be sure that family is under a curse.

Number two is repeated or chronic illnesses especially without clear medical diagnosis. When you go to the doctor and he says it is one thing, and six months later he says it is another, or you are always having a pain and nobody can find out why. When these things run in families you can be almost certain that family is under a curse. Repeated miscarriages and related female problems.

Number four, the breakdown of marriage and family dissociation. Witchcraft is home breaker number one. Wherever that power comes to work in a family, it will ultimately breakup the family. Number five, continuous financial insufficiency, especially where the income appears sufficient. Do you know there are lots of people who always have enough money but it is never enough? You might be one of them. Well, begin to check. If there is a curse on you, nothing ever really works. You can be highly educated and qualified to succeed but you never quite break through to success. Number six accident prone. It is a statistically diagnosable condition. If you are accident prone, an insurance company will put up your insurance premium simply on that basis. And number seven, a history of suicides or unnatural deaths.

Now we come to the punch line. The practical, how to pass from curse to blessing. First of all, you have to understand that full provision has already been made through the death of Jesus on the cross. That is the way God has made provision for every human need, including this one. This is known as the ‘exchange’. The death of Jesus on the cross, the atonement, was an exchange in that only evil due to us came upon Christ. That all the good due to Him might be made available to us. Whatever aspect you look at, He was wounded, that we might be healed. He died so that we might have life. He was made sin, that we might be made righteous. He was rejected that we might be accepted. And here, He was made a curse that we might enter into the blessing. That is the basis of God's provision for this problem. Christ has redeemed us from the curse, having become a curse for us because it is written cursed it is to everyone who hangs on a tree [Galatians 3:13].

If a curse is so real that Christ had to be made a curse on the cross for us, then don't entertain the thought that there is no reality in a curse. God wouldn't have made provision at such cost for our deliverance from a curse if there was nothing to be delivered from. Do you understand? It took the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus Christ to provide deliverance from the curse. All our deliverance has to be based on faith in what Christ has done for us on the cross. Just as we are made righteous because he was made sinful so we can receive the blessing because he was made the curse. Thank God, the reason why he was made a curse was that we might be delivered from the curse. Now you need to bear in mind that after you have been delivered, you still have to go on meeting the condition, which is listening to God's voice and doing what He says. Jesus said in John 10:27 “My sheep hear My voice and they follow Me.” That is the prescription for blessing. In order to live in blessing, if there is a curse over your life, you must first be redeemed from the curse. You must be delivered.

*PRAYER*
Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask that you deliver me from every curse that is hanging in my life. I live in the freedom I have in You. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that I am living in the liberty that Christ has made for me. I am blessed because Christ was cursed for my sake. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:02am On May 15, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday May 15th , 2023

*THERE IS A GENIUS IN YOU*

*Job 32:8*
_But there is a spirit in man, and the breath of the Almighty gives him understanding_

*Genesis 2:20*
_So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam, there was not found a helper comparable to him_

Everything about God’s creation is deliberately crafted and fashioned. God created everything to do something in particular. In other words, there is a purpose for everything that God created. When it comes to man however, our mission statement from God is clearly stated in Genesis 1:28 “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” (KJV). It must take a genius of some sort to be able to carry out every bit of this assignment.

The first Adam showed us some flashes of genius in the way he tendered the garden and in naming the animals. He was a genius because he was walking in the mandate that God had given him. Until the fall, the genius of Adam could not be contained. He rubbed mind with God on a daily basis and God came down daily to fellowship with him. At redemption, however, Jesus came to re-activate the genius the first Adam lost at the fall. One thing that happened at new birth was the upgrading of our human faculties. If you have the Holy Ghost living within you, then you have all the genius that you need in life.

Job said in Job 32:8 “But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.” (KJV). Genius is knowing what to do per time, the right steps to take and the right solutions to every problem. The presence of the Holy Ghost within us guarantees that we are never confused nor stranded. However, many believers ignore the power that is at work within us and try to solve day-to-day problems like mere men. It is time to engage the genius in you. He is the greater one that lives in you and He is more than willing to help you get through life and come out victorious through it all.

*PRAYER*
Father, help me to maximize the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life daily. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
In Jesus name I declare that there is a genius in me. He is the greater one that lives in me. Therefore, I am bold and confident to attempt big things. I know what to do per time and I can never be stranded. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:15am On May 16, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday May 16th, 2023

*USE YOUR SHIELD*

*Ephesians 6:16 NKJV*
_Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one._

*Romans 1:17*
_For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”_

A man of God once said that faith is not an emergency gear we operate when in a crisis. I couldn't agree more. In other words, it is not only when in a crisis we should switch to "faith mode". Faith mode should be the default setting of the believer because as Romans 1:17 says, the just shall live by faith. The believer’s lifestyle should be that of faith because the scriptures tell us that faith is the victory that overcomes the world. Paul, in admonishing his son in the faith, Timothy told him to fight the good fight of faith. (2 Timothy 4:7)

As believers, we must operate in faith perpetually because faith is what dislodges the attack of the enemy against us. Paul in Ephesians 6, likens faith to a shield in the armoury of a warrior. When a soldier or a warrior goes to battle, the shield is one of the most important aspects of his armoury because, without the shield, he is not protected and remains vulnerable to the attacks of the enemy. We must use the shield of faith daily to quench the fiery darts of the wicked fired in our direction. This could come as thoughts the enemy attempts to plant in our hearts or words spoken to us by human agents.

Whatever the case may be, we must never be caught off guard. We must be steadfast in using the shield of faith. We must also remember that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). The more we grow in study, meditation and speaking the word to situations, the more we grow in faith. Many people wait until there is trouble before they begin to apply the Word or stand in faith. We must make faith deposits daily via the Word so that when challenges come, there is enough faith that can be withdrawn and deployed to counter such situations. Remind yourself on a daily basis to use your shield!

*PRAYER*
Father, help me to invest daily in the word that I may stay perpetually in faith. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
In Jesus' name, I declare that the word of God lives in me. Daily, I feed and meditate on the word and I experience an ever-increasing faith to overcome whatever challenge life may throw at me. I declare that I am more than a conqueror and daily, I walk in this understanding. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:05am On May 17, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, May 17th, 2023

*A LIVING SACRIFICE*

*Romans 12: 1- 2 NKJV*
_I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God._

One thing that God asks is that we present this body of ours to Him, a Living Sacrifice. You might say, well I thought the body wasn’t so important, that it was really the soul that was important. But God is very practical. If there is a glass of water standing on the table and I say to you please pass me that glass, what am I getting? I’m getting the vessel and its contents. How could you ever give me the water without the glass and that’s what God is saying to you. He wants the vessel, the body and its contents and as a matter of fact you really can’t give the contents unless you give Him the vessel. So God wants you, the vessel, and its contents.

God says it is to be a Living Sacrifice. What does that mean? It contrasts with the sacrifices of the old testament where animals were offered in sacrifice, killed and placed as dead bodies on the altar of God. God says I want your body just as completely, on my altar, as that Old Testament Sacrifice, but there’s one difference. I don’t want your body dead, I want it as a Living Sacrifice. When you place your body on God’s altar it becomes holy, it is sanctified, it is set apart to God. But that is an act that you have to make. It must be your decision to make your body totally available to God. What does that mean in practical terms? It means that you will go anywhere that God sends you. You will do anything. It may be a desert, maybe a city, maybe a mountain. You may be washing dishes, you may be preaching, you may have a salary, you may have no salary. You have renounced all those decisions to God. You have simply handed over your body to him and said, “here it is God. I trust you to do what you desire and please with my body.” That is presenting your body to God.

Also, there is a result that follows in the mind in verse 2. When you present your body, a change takes place in your mind. You begin to think in a different way. God says your mind is renewed and when your mind is renewed, you prove or find out for yourself what the will of God is. Paul uses three words to describe the will of God, all of which are beautiful and exciting. He says it is good, it is acceptable and it is perfect. God always wants what is good for his children. Never what is evil. There is nothing that is not provided for your good in the perfect will of God.

But bear in mind, it is only as your mind is renewed that you can find out the will of God. Typically, religion works from without. It starts trying to change man from outside but God works from within. He says when I can begin to change your mind, then you will change. Your whole way of life will change and I will be able to reveal to you my will which is good, acceptable and perfect. Before God makes this change, the mind that we have by our old fleshly nature is not something that can receive the will of God. In Romans 8:7 Paul says this, “the carnal mind is enmity against God”. It is obvious that a mind that is at war with God cannot receive the revelation of the will of God. If you are really going to find the fullness of God’s plan for your life, you have to ask yourself, ‘am I willing to let God change me from within by renewing my mind?’ That is a decision you have to make.

*PRAYER*
Father, I subject my mind and body to you as a living sacrifice. I present my life to you as a vessel for your use. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that my mind is renewed. I walk in the good, acceptable and perfect will of God. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:50am On May 18, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday May 18th, 2023

*THE MIND IS POWERFUL*

*2 Corinthians 10:4*
_“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds”._

*Philippians 4:8*
_“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things”._

The mind is our most powerful tool. It indeed has the power to control the way we feel and the way we act. It is commonly said that we are the product of our thoughts. Our thoughts impact not just our feelings but our behaviours and how we interact and view both the world and ourselves. Some of us have built up cases internally against another person because of what we perceive they do. It could just be a thought (seed-thought) that we believe, we imagine these things and build cases based on assumptions and walk in offense towards them. This is because we have believed a lie Satan told us about such a person. We must be careful not to work with Satan’s script, He is here to destroy us and our relationships. His aim is to sow discord and frustrate us.

We can all relate to how destructive thoughts can totally change our outlook on a situation and towards people around us. Sometimes we find ourselves in a new place, and the devil whispers to us that “they don’t like you here or you don’t measure up”. We believe such lies and it affects how we socialize when we are in that environment. Negative thoughts can make us doubt ourselves and we can get to a stage where we lose confidence in our own abilities. A study in the Journal of clinical psychology reviewed the effects of worrying and negative thinking on performing a task. Subjects were required to sort items into two categories. People who reported that they worry 50% of the time or more showed significant disruption to their ability to sort the items as the difficulty of the sorting task increased. This proves that negative and wrong thinking has an immediate destructive impact on our lives. The moment you have a negative thought, you must hold it captive, and bring it under Christ.

Our first step to winning in the mind is to declare out loud that we will not allow anything outside to do our thinking, not man, not spirit. There are spiritual laws that demons must obey. They cannot stay where a man wills them not to stay. Your power is in the name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus and the word of God. Ask God to give you discernment of the lies of the devil. Think about what you are thinking about as you recognize a lie in your mind, and always defend yourself out loud. That means speaking to Satan and the evil forces out loud, binding them in the name of Jesus and forbidding them to lie to you and to use your mind. When you catch a lie in your mind, use this prescription regularly and you will regain peace, your memory, restful nights and the ability to concentrate and comprehend.

*Prayer*
Father I bring every negative thought under Christ, I plead the blood of Jesus over my mind in Jesus' name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I have the mind of Christ. I think of things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, of virtue and praiseworthy. I meditate on the things God says about me. I walk in the consciousness of who God says I am, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:10am On May 19, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday 19th May 2023

*THE MARKS OF MATURITY*

*Psalm 103:7*
_He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel._

*1 Corinthians 13:11*
_When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things._

Knowledge is a mark of maturity. As you advance in age, your knowledge naturally should advance, everything being equal. As you become more knowledgeable, you grow in your maturity. Children start out without knowing anything but they begin to take in codes, they begin to learn the language, they learn processes, they learn systems and the 'dos' and 'don’ts' of life. The faster they learn, the faster it can be said of their maturity. Maturity is beyond physical maturity, a child needs to mature physically, mentally and spiritually: the child grew in stature, that is physical maturity; he grew in wisdom, that is spiritual maturity; he grew in favour, mental/social maturity began to set in there as the child grows (Luke 2:52). And as you begin to grow in maturity, you begin to know that there is a difference between the acts of God and the ways of God.

What stood Moses apart from the people of God was that Moses began to know the ways of God. The people only knew the acts of God. If you know the acts without knowing the ways, you are a child. When you know the way things happen, that is when you can be entrusted with leadership. So, leadership is a product of maturity and maturity is a product of the knowledge of how things should run. In countries where the leaders are knowledgeable, the country is very advanced and the life of the people would reflect the level of leadership in that country. Maturity also shows in the speech and the way a person thinks. When I was a child, I spoke as a child and I thought as a child, when I became a man, I put away childish things.

There is a way that maturity will just cause you to transform: things you used to do, you stop doing them. A child that used to pee and poo in their pant and be on diapers, then suddenly that same child just stops doing that. They know that they should go and use the toilet and all of that; and when you begin to see that you will know that indeed your child is maturing. They begin to pick up a language, they begin to speak accurately.
The same thing too with the kingdom of God, God expects us to grow in the things of the spirit and to understand the laws and the systems of this world, it should show in the way we think, the way we speak and above all, in the things that we do. The things we separate ourselves from show our level of maturity. The things we allow, the kinds of relationships we are in, and the places we go. There are things you put away once you enter into a level of maturity in God. Your level of maturity is a function of the level of your knowledge. True liberty is not possible without maturity. You will not be able to differentiate a saint from a sinner, a king from a pauper, without maturity. An immature Christian is as good as a servant, meaning he has limited rights, limited authority and limited privileges. Every child of God is appointed a time of the Father, a time appointed to be taught by tutors, and instructed by governors until they come to their own place of authority and dominion. Your desire and love for learning can shorten or extend the time appointed. A saint that is ignorant can still be bound by the elements of this world. Go for growth, go for maturity.

*PRAYER*
Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, show me your ways and help me to grow in all areas of my life. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I declare that I receive grace to be diligent, grace to be studious, grace to grow, grace to improve myself, and the quality of my life and to mature in the scheme of things.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:34am On May 20, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST .CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday 20th May 2023

*Sword*

*John 6:63*
_It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life._

*Joshua 1:8*
_This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success._

This book of the law shall not depart from you, you shall meditate in it day and night, these were the success recipe God gave Joshua.
Everything about life centers and revolves around the word of God. As food is to the body, so the word of God is to our spirits. We cannot take God’s word for granted. It is the word of God that causes us to know our inheritance in Christ Jesus. God’s word strengthens our Spirit, it helps us know God intimately.

It is God’s word that causes our faith to grow. It makes us wise. Our faith is dead without God’s word. We are hopeless without His word. God’s word is God’s will written to us. If we don’t know what is in it, the devil will cheat us and steal everything that has been given to us in the will. The Bible says “My people perish for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6).

The word is light, it illuminates and brings revelation that causes us to see well and take the right steps. Jesus said “the words I speak are spirit and life”. These words are potent and have creative abilities. These same words framed the earth, everything that exists right now are created by God’s word. Even things in our personal lives were created with words as they are life-breathed words. God’s word which is spirit quickens and brings to life dead things.
So if you want life, eat the word, swallow it, let it digest and begin to correct things in you and align you to purpose. If you want life in every challenge, meditate on the word and speak it. You will not be disappointed as the word is potent. Speak it from your heart through your mouth and watch it bring the necessary effects in your life.

*Prayers*
Father, cause my heart to yearn and hunger for your word. Cause my heart to feed and meditate on your word, Amen!

*Declarations*
The word is a lamp to my path
The word is a light to my path
The word builds me up.
I understand God’s word by the help of the Holy Spirit.
I put God’s word above every other thing in Jesus name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:20am On May 21, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday May 21st, 2023

*HAVING A FORM OF GODLINESS*

*2 Timothy 3:1-5*
_But know this, that in the last days, perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!_

*1 Corinthians 6: 9-11*
_Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God._

Paul, here gives a list of people demonstrating all these sins and he says these people are having a form of godliness but denying its power. The people that Paul is talking about here are professing Christians. They use the word ‘born again’. All sorts of people claiming to be born again. But you know what is missing? Their lives have never been changed. They have never had a radical change in their lives. What is the power that they deny? The power to change human life radically and permanently. You can join a church, you can say a prayer, you can sign a form and remain the same. But if you ever meet Jesus, you will be changed.

Dear brothers and sisters, if you meet Jesus, you cannot stay the same. You can become religious, you can join a church, you can do all sorts of things and radically be unchanged. That is the problem with these people. They deny the power of God to change people radically. That is why churches are now admitting and ordaining homosexuals. You know the reason why? They say we have to have compassion. Yes, we have to have compassion. But then they say there is no way to change them. That is the lie. We believe in admitting homosexuals and ordaining them if they have been changed by the power of God.

The problem is that the people who are ordaining homosexuals do not realise that Jesus can change people. He changes a lot of other people. He changes liars, he changes cheats, He changes people who are greedy, jealous, spiteful and malicious. It isn't just homosexuals. Our mistake is to make an exception for homosexuals. See, this is exactly what Paul said, they only have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. The power to change people radically and permanently for the better.

In 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11, God is not excluding anyone, provided they change. Paul says these beautiful words, “But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the spirit of our God”. We are in favour of admitting prostitutes, homosexuals, murderers, drunkards, and everything if they are changed. But it is unscriptural to admit them unchanged. And we have a right to demand evidence of the change in their lives. He says such will not inherit the kingdom of God. They can be born again into the kingdom of God, but ultimately, they cannot inherit the kingdom. God doesn't admit the unrighteous and let's say he did, they would be worse off in heaven than they would have been in hell because, in the radiant purity of heaven, they would be totally lost. One of the devil's subtle tricks is to put new labels on old things. Some people commit fornication but call it premarital sex. They say to kill a babies in their mothers’ womb is wrong but to abort a foetus is different. All they have done is change the word ‘baby’ to ‘foetus’. Standards have changed, but God's standards have not changed. He is still the same. Changing the label doesn't change the nature of the act.

*PRAYER*
Father, I pray that you help me to be not only a professing Christian but to be a practising one. Let the change in me be evident in my life so that all may see. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that I am changed. I am renewed. I do not live by the standards of this world. I am righteous in Christ Jesus. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:48am On May 22, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday 22nd May, 2023

*THE ULTIMATE HELPER*

*John 14:16-18, 26-28*
_"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. [18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." [26] "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. [27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. [28] Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."_

We would be nothing without the Holy Spirit. Christianity, Christ’s mission of reconciling the world to God would have been impossible without Him. He is God working inside us to bring His will to pass in our lives and when that happens, it affects everything and everyone around us.
When Jesus was going to leave His disciples, He told them to rejoice because He was going to the Father and the Father is greater than Him (vs 28).

But there was also something else to rejoice about; He was sending them Help (sent specifically by the Father). In other words, He said if they loved Him, they would rejoice because He was going to the Father (who is greater than Him), who was going to send them the Holy Ghost. The reason to rejoice was that the Holy Ghost was coming. He is our peace in a crazy, crazy world. He will teach us all things, and bring to our remembrance all things. When He steps into impossible situations, they are done (Luke 1:35).

Problem is, we don’t know how much power is available to us in the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8 )
The Holy Spirit coming “upon” us is synonymous with Him “overshadowing” us. The Holy Spirit helps us achieve (birth) the crazy, impossible ideas that God speaks into our hearts; the mental images He shows us of our purpose in His kingdom. They cannot be done alone (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10); you need a partner and there is nobody more powerful that you can partner with than the Holy Spirit.

When God wanted to speak the heavens and the earth into being, the Holy Spirit “…moved upon the face of the waters” (Gen 1:1) first. When Jesus was going to start His ministry, the Holy Spirit descended upon Him “…as a dove…” (John 1:32). The Holy Spirit is an embodiment of the Godhead’s creative power and guess what? He is inside (and upon) us!

*Prayer*
Holy Spirit of God, baptize me afresh in the name of Jesus, Amen.

*Declaration*
As I receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, I receive power to achieve everything I set out to achieve today. Wisdom and understanding such as I need, I receive. I have the power to create; to shake and rebuild failed systems. From today, I bring relevance to my community in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:39am On May 23, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023

*A TALE OF TWO TREES*

*John 3:15-16*
_"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"_

*Genesis 2:9, 16-17*
_"And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil." [16] And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree f the garden thou mayest freely eat, [17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it, for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."_

The Bible is essentially a book of stories, songs, proverbs, prophecies, and letters. As a child, I loved reading the book of my bible stories. I was fascinated by the stories of Adam, Eve and the serpent, the story of Cain and Abel, and how he went about murdering his brother out of envy. The story of Noah and his Ark and all the many animals that went with him and how they survived the flood. I was also fascinated by stories of how men moved from grass to grace and back to grass. Also, the story of a king who also ate grass for seven years like a beast. What about the story of the prophet whose beast spoke to him? Or the shepherd boy who killed the giant Goliath, the story of Moses and Egypt and all the many plagues that ravaged the land, the story of Joseph and how he was sent ahead of his people to preserve them and miraculously become the prime minister, the story of Job, Solomon, Daniel, Jeremiah and Esther, their sufferings, their wealth and the faithfulness of God and mighty deliverance that they experienced in their lives. The interesting thing about the stories in the bible is that all the stories were told because of the tales of two trees,

In order for us to understand things clearly and to have a clear perspective of things, let us go back to the fruit of the first tree in Eden. I also want to state that the second tree became necessary because of what happened to the first. Both trees changed our history and human experience forever. Both trees involved two men and both men are named Adam. From the first man Adam, all mankind died, from the first tree, Adam fell and his falling led to the death of all mankind. On the second tree, the man Adam died so that men can die to die no more. The first tree was planted by God. On the second God was crucified. The first tree brought to all mankind curses but the second tree opened to all mankind untold blessings. The first tree is called the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, the second tree is the Tree of Life which gives the Power to do Good and refuse Evil. Everyone born of a woman is a partaker of the poison from the first tree, only the second tree can cure the poison of the first tree in the heart of all that look up to Jesus that was crucified on it. The first tree poisoned the human heart with sin, the second tree was erected to reverse this poison. In the first story, we saw how Satan prevailed over man, in the second story we saw how He prevailed over the serpent. [Number 21:1-9] You will see a prophetic parable of both trees. This parable is very interesting because the people wanted God to take away the Serpent like we want Satan out of our way. Instead, God didn’t kill the Serpent but he gave them a tree that anyone who looked up to it will be saved from the poison of the serpent.

Jesus also referred to this parable in (John 3:14) as it has to do with his work for humanity, Moses lifted up a serpent in the wilderness, so must be the son of man be lifted up, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. Our Faith must be built on the power that the cross supplies. This power is enough to empower our life to righteousness, to victory over sin, to victory over the devil, to victory over poverty and to victory over death. We need to look up to Jesus, the crucified Author and Finisher of our Faith. This is a story we must know. This is a story we must tell the whole world that Jesus has defeated the devil and all mankind is now free.

*PRAYER*
Father, let the fullness of the blessing of Abraham procured for me by the death of Jesus on the cross find expression in my life.

*DECLARATION*
I am redeemed from curses, sickness, diseases, poverty, barrenness and death. I walk in the fullness of the life of God that is mine in Christ Jesus, I draw blessing and life from the tree erected at Calvary.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:56am On May 24, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday 24th May 2023

*TALK TO GOD IN PRAYER*

*Luke 15: 20 - 24*
_And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ “But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry._

For some people, I suppose prayer seems like a tiresome religious duty. When we come to God He does not scold us. He welcomes us. If anything, He says why have you waited so long? There is a beautiful picture of how God welcomes us when we come in. Luke 15 tells us of a well- known story of the prodigal son who had strayed away from home. He wasted all his living, got himself into real deep trouble and ended up absolutely down and out, totally broke with no resources. When he came to the end of all that, his thought was I had better go back home. Perhaps my father will receive me. I couldn’t ask him to take me back as a son but I could ask him to take me as one of his hired hands.

And so it says in Luke 15:20, so he got up and went to his father. Now I want you to notice how the father received him. ‘But while he was still a long way off his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him. He ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.’ See what a welcome he got as soon as he was willing to turn around and go back home. He never had a chance to say make me as one of your hired servants because before that, his father was kissing him and welcoming him back as a child. That is a beautiful picture of how God receives us. He doesn’t scold us. He doesn’t blame us. He isn’t stern and distant. He is loving and warm and gracious. When we get that picture of God, it changes the way we pray.

This is what Jesus says in the sermon on the mount in Matthew 7:7-8. ‘Ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be open to you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds and to him who knocks the door will be open.’ Again in Mark 11:24, "Jesus says therefore I tell you whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have received it and it will be yours." It says whatever you ask for in prayer and believe that you have received. It is so important to realize that we receive when we pray. The actual experience of what we've prayed for may have to wait. But by faith we receive what we pray for when we pray.

Again, in John 16:24. Until now you have asked for nothing in my name. Ask and you will receive, that your joy may be full. There is a special kind of joy that comes from getting our prayers answered. To know that Almighty God Creator of heaven and earth, the ruler of the whole universe, has his ear open to our personal individual prayer. That he will do what we ask him to do, individually. That is one of the most exciting experiences that anybody can ever have.

*PRAYER*
Father, help me always, to remember that You are willing and able to answer my prayers. Help me to see You as a loving father who is always ready to welcome me back with open arms. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I declare and decree that I ask and I receive that my joy may be full. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:21am On May 25, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday May 25th, 2023

*GROW WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED*

*Genesis 2:9*
_"And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil."_

*Psalms 1:1-3*
_"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."_

The Bible likened us to trees. Trees that are planted by rivers of living waters that bring forth fruits in season and out of season. The Bible sees us as trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that the Lord might be glorified. It is the fruits we bear and the good works of our hand that men see and in turn, give glory to God. We cannot bear fruits unless we grow. The incorruptible seed planted in our hearts must be nurtured to maturity. We must guard our hearts with all diligence because out of it are the issues of life. We must not allow the birds of the air to steal the word from our hearts. We must remove stones and clear our hearts from demonic thorns that might want to choke the seed in our hearts. This is in order to prevent it from bearing fruits according to God's design.

You must be committed to your spiritual growth the same way God is committed to it. Every tree that is pleasant in the sight of God, also yields good fruit and will enjoy supernatural supply. You must see God as the husbandman that pays attention to the fruits that each branch in the vine produces. Anyone that produces more fruits, he prunes and anyone that does not produce, he cuts off. He will supply us the things we need by the spirit and this supply that comes from the spirit is what we all need to be fruitful in the scheme of things. Everything that you need to be fruitful will be supplied to you where you are planted because everything the tree needs for its growth will meet it where it is planted.

You must be rooted and planted in love and the Word. You must draw from the fountain of living waters in the morning and the evening, for that is how to grow into the covenant giant that you are in Christ Jesus. You must consciously and meditatively pay attention to the word of God. It is your duty to obey and to do all these things because that is how to produce maximally in this kingdom.

*Prayer*
Father, renew my thirst for the word and help me walk in love. Amen!

*Declaration*
I am a tree of righteousness. I am planted by the rivers of living waters. All that I need meet me where I am planted, therefore, I bear fruit in hundred folds.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:25am On May 26, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday May 26th, 2023

*BEWARE OF BITTERNESS*

*Ephesians 4:31*
_Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice._

*Hebrews 12:15*
_Looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled._

Bitterness is defined as anger and disappointment at being treated unfairly. It can be put on equal footing with resentment and envy. One of the most well-known stories of bitterness in the Bible is found in the book of Genesis - Cain and Abel. Cain became consumed by bitterness for his brother and God when he felt unjustly treated, compared to his prosperous brother Abel. Cain damned God’s warning and killed his brother out of hatred and pity for himself. Bitterness is something we must be very careful about and ensure we don’t get into as it opens the door to Satan. Bitterness blows out the candle of joy and leaves the soul in darkness. We must strive to be at peace with all men, bitterness will cost us our peace. This is because you cannot be at peace with men and be bitter at the same time. It is either one or the other.
The seed of bitterness is usually planted as a result of being hurt by someone. It may be intentional or unintentional. Someone does not mean to hurt you, but you were hurt. Sometimes the hurt is only imagined. No one has hurt you, but somehow you feel that someone has done something wrong to you. There are even times when the hurt may be the very chastisement of God upon your life. The soil of bitterness is a heart that harbours hostility and does not deal with hurt by the grace of God. When someone becomes bitter, the bitterness takes root in the heart and grows deeper. The world is full of people who have not dealt with old hurt. We tend to bury things in our hearts, at times we think we have dealt with them and we are good, but this isn’t usually the case.

When you have old hurts or unhealed wounds, you tend to look for things to criticize, people to find fault with and ways to justify the way you feel. People who are hypercritical tend to be bitter people. They know how to push your hot buttons until you react in a way to further justify their bitterness. Then, they can say, “Aha! I was right. I have a right to be bitter.”
The root of bitterness is underground, deep beneath in the heart. It is easy to hide and camouflage. You will hardly find anyone who will admit that they are a bitter person. They will either deny it or disguise it. A bitter person is hypersensitive, ungrateful, insincere, holds grudges, and has mood swings. Bitterness will affect you physically, emotionally and spiritually because the fruit of bitterness is an acid that destroys its container. When your heart is bitter, God will not be real to you. This is because hatefulness and holiness cannot dwell in the same heart. Without holiness, you will not see the Lord [Hebrews 12:14].

There are steps we can take to eradicate bitterness from our hearts. The first is to allow God to reveal it. If God doesn’t reveal bitterness in your heart you might never know it is there. A deceitful heart cannot diagnose a deceitful heart. You need to let God the Holy Spirit conduct a radical surgery on your heart. The second is to allow grace to reveal it. A response of bitterness is never right when someone hurts us. Ask God for forgiveness and He will by His grace. Also, when wronged, deal with it, cut it down and forget it. By the grace of God, bury that hurt in the grave of God’s forgetfulness. Thirdly, let good replace bitterness. Follow peace with all men. You can’t be holy unless you follow peace with men. It is worth it when you forgive. When you forgive, you set two people free and one of them is yourself.

*PRAYER*
Father please reveal any bitterness in my heart, I receive the grace to let it go in Jesus' name. Amen!.

*DECLARATION*
I walk in peace with all men. I forgive every hurt. I walk in the love of God. I refuse to hold a grudge in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:17am On May 27, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday 27th May 2023

*THE TALENT GIVER*

*Matthew 25:14-15, 24-30*
_"For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. [15] And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey." [24] "Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: [25] And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. [26] His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: [27] Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. [28] Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. [29] For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. [30] And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."_

Jesus in Matthew 25:14 talks about the parable of the talents. The story depicted here is of a man who was going on a long journey and before he takes off he decided to distribute talents to his servants. To one he gave five talents, the other two talents and to the third he gave one talent according to their abilities. When he returned, he called the servants to give account of how they used their talents. The one with five talents had doubled it to ten, the one with two had added 2 more and the one with one did nothing with his. Two of these servants were commended, rewarded and given more responsibilities. They were made rulers of many things, but the one with one talent had excuses and was rebuked and punished. He was called a wicked and slothful servant. God is the talent giver. He is the creator and has full rights of ownership. He has given us all gifts/talents and expects us to use it for the kingdom. Jesus while on earth used his whole life to glorify God.

In the parable of the talent, two of the servants multiplied their talents and were given much more responsibilities. If we are not faithful with the little we have, we cannot be faithful with the much we desire. Are you minding your business? Have you taken ownership of the assignment given to you or are you working with eye service or grudgingly. The two servants were commended because they were diligent, hardworking and wise. Are you a worker at that local assembly because when the Master comes, He will be rewarding only the diligent worker. Remember the slothful servant was not pitied and patted on the back, he was rebuked and condemned and the little he had was taken away from him.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to be a diligent worker. I submit my time, resources, gifts and talent to you. Use it as you will and let me be a blessing to the world in Jesus name. Amen!

*Declaration*
I am wise, I am hardworking, I mind the work God has given me. I am a co-worker with God, I use my time wisely and for the things of God.
My resources are channeled towards Kingdom service. I have diligent hands, I am not slothful and I am a multiplier of resources.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:40am On May 28, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday May 28th, 2023

*BARRIERS TO HEALING*

*Isaiah 53 verses 4 - 5*
_Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes, we are healed._

Over the years, we have seen many people get healed, but we have also seen some of God’s choicest children who didn’t receive their healing. This is not from God. If there are any barriers, they are not on God’s side. When Jesus died, the veil of the temple was rent in two from top to bottom and every barrier on God’s side was removed. But we have learned by experience that there are often barriers that remain within the hearts and lives of God’s people that are barriers to healing. And to be able to minister effectively, we have to deal with these barriers. Some of these common barriers are;

Ignorance of God’s word and God’s will.
This is a tremendously common barrier in the church today. Multitudes of Christians do not know the clear simple truths and teachings of the Word of God. In Isaiah 5:13, God said: “Therefore my people have gone into captivity because they have no knowledge.” Hosea 4:6 says “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”. No knowledge of God’s Word; no knowledge of what was accomplished by the death of Jesus on the cross.

Unbelief
In many of our churches, we regard unbelief as a kind of harmless weakness. You say, well, I don’t believe but after all, does God really expect me to? The New Testament doesn’t call unbelief a harmless weakness; it calls it a sin. Hebrews 3:12-13: "Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the Living God but exhort one another while it is called the day lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." And when we see that, we are then ready to get rid of unbelief and to open the way through believing God, to receive what He has for us.

Unconfessed sin
Proverbs 28:13: "He who covers his sins will not prosper." You may try desperately to succeed in life and you may seek many things but if there is covered unforgiven sin in your life, you will not prosper. Some people even think that if they don’t confess their sins to God, He’ll never know about them. God knows already and God is not asking you to confess in order to find out what you have done. God is asking you to confess because when you do that, He can help you. It Is for your good, it Is not for His information.

An attitude of unforgiveness to other people
Mark 11: 25: "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him that your Father in Heaven may also forgive you your trespasses." When we are in the attitude of prayer, Jesus says, before you start to pray, check: is there anybody you’ve got something against? Why does He say that? Because if you pray with resentment and unforgiveness in your heart, that resentment and unforgiveness are a barrier to the answer to your prayer.

Occult involvement
There are many forms of the occult. You could be involved in the occult through things like fortune-telling, horoscope or any of the innumerable different ways in which superstition and satanic cults have invaded our contemporary culture. A lot of contemporary music, hard rock and so on is really satanic; it has demonic power in it. And if we have exposed ourselves to it, we could need deliverance from it. Drugs too. This is a barrier.

Effects of a curse
Jesus was made a curse that we might be redeemed from the curse and receive the blessing. But most times we need to renounce the cause of the curse and claim the release. A curse is like a dark shadow from the past, that just always seems to hover over you. Or it is like a hand that reaches up from the past and every time you are about to make it and succeed, it trips you up.

*PRAYER*
Father, thank you for bringing me into the knowledge of barriers that can be hindrances to my life and success. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
I break loose from every barrier holding me back. I am free in Christ. I am a new creature. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:55am On May 29, 2023
PST.SUNDAY. & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday May 28th, 2023

*BARRIERS TO HEALING*

*Isaiah 53 verses 4 - 5*
_Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes, we are healed._

Over the years, we have seen many people get healed, but we have also seen some of God’s choicest children who didn’t receive their healing. This is not from God. If there are any barriers, they are not on God’s side. When Jesus died, the veil of the temple was rent in two from top to bottom and every barrier on God’s side was removed. But we have learned by experience that there are often barriers that remain within the hearts and lives of God’s people that are barriers to healing. And to be able to minister effectively, we have to deal with these barriers. Some of these common barriers are;

Ignorance of God’s word and God’s will.
This is a tremendously common barrier in the church today. Multitudes of Christians do not know the clear simple truths and teachings of the Word of God. In Isaiah 5:13, God said: “Therefore my people have gone into captivity because they have no knowledge.” Hosea 4:6 says “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”. No knowledge of God’s Word; no knowledge of what was accomplished by the death of Jesus on the cross.

Unbelief
In many of our churches, we regard unbelief as a kind of harmless weakness. You say, well, I don’t believe but after all, does God really expect me to? The New Testament doesn’t call unbelief a harmless weakness; it calls it a sin. Hebrews 3:12-13: "Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the Living God but exhort one another while it is called the day lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." And when we see that, we are then ready to get rid of unbelief and to open the way through believing God, to receive what He has for us.

Unconfessed sin
Proverbs 28:13: "He who covers his sins will not prosper." You may try desperately to succeed in life and you may seek many things but if there is covered unforgiven sin in your life, you will not prosper. Some people even think that if they don’t confess their sins to God, He’ll never know about them. God knows already and God is not asking you to confess in order to find out what you have done. God is asking you to confess because when you do that, He can help you. It Is for your good, it Is not for His information.

An attitude of unforgiveness to other people
Mark 11: 25: "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him that your Father in Heaven may also forgive you your trespasses." When we are in the attitude of prayer, Jesus says, before you start to pray, check: is there anybody you’ve got something against? Why does He say that? Because if you pray with resentment and unforgiveness in your heart, that resentment and unforgiveness are a barrier to the answer to your prayer.

Occult involvement
There are many forms of the occult. You could be involved in the occult through things like fortune-telling, horoscope or any of the innumerable different ways in which superstition and satanic cults have invaded our contemporary culture. A lot of contemporary music, hard rock and so on is really satanic; it has demonic power in it. And if we have exposed ourselves to it, we could need deliverance from it. Drugs too. This is a barrier.

Effects of a curse
Jesus was made a curse that we might be redeemed from the curse and receive the blessing. But most times we need to renounce the cause of the curse and claim the release. A curse is like a dark shadow from the past, that just always seems to hover over you. Or it is like a hand that reaches up from the past and every time you are about to make it and succeed, it trips you up.

*PRAYER*
Father, thank you for bringing me into the knowledge of barriers that can be hindrances to my life and success. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
I break loose from every barrier holding me back. I am free in Christ. I am a new creature. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:02am On May 29, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday 29th May, 2023

*PLAYING WITH FIRE*

*Proverbs 6:27-28*
_Can a man take fire to his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one walk on hot coals, and his feet not be seared?_

*Proverbs 14:12*
_There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death._

I am quite sure that at one point in time or the other, we have heard the statement “you are playing with fire” or perhaps used the statement ourselves. Typically, this statement is made as a warning to others when they trespass the boundary you have given them and are about to suffer for it or face a grave consequence. We all know the deadly nature of fire and the harm it can cause. So, it is with sin. Whenever we meddle with sin, then we are indeed playing with fire. The Bible tells us as we have just read in Proverbs 6:27 “Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? That is what sin does. It burns and destroys.

James puts it succinctly in James 1:14-15 “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.” (KJV). The road to sin is quite a journey. It begins with lust and when lust is in the heart of a person, it makes it easy for such a person to fall into sin when tempted. Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness when he fasted for forty days and forty nights, but the reason why he didn’t fall into sin via the temptations was that there was no lust in him.
Scripture tells us that the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life are the various categories of lusts a man can have. (1 John 2:16) However, if we allow the Holy Spirit to do his work of change and renewal in us via daily interaction with the word of God, then we too can live free from lust which leads to sin. We must submit ourselves daily to God to sanctify and cleanse us through the washing of water by the word (Ephesians 5:26) so that when the prince of this world comes to check us out as he did to Jesus, he will find nothing belonging to him in us.

*PRAYER*
Father, purify my heart and sanctify me through the washing of water by the word. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
In Jesus' name, I declare that the blood of Jesus purges my conscience from evil thoughts and dead works. I think only the right thoughts and I yield my members as instruments of righteousness unto God. Therefore, sin has no place in me. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Have You Ever Heard God Speak? / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 292
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.