Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996887 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
offwego:
You are totally right!

“Important - You must carry this certificate with you, in your hand luggage when you travel to the UK and present it to the immigration officer on arrival. Failure to do so will result in a delay to your journey as you may be required to undergo the tests again”

This advice as emphasized on the TB certificate is why this document should be handy when going through the immigration protocols.

There is a difference between a perceived right and the prerogative of the officers at Border Control. The latter may be asserted without question, and for the exercise of which there is no responsibility or accountability as to the fact and the manner of its exercise.

Solatium:

Yes because you can't distinguish between your left and right,that is why immigration officer will ask you for TB cert.
Some of you don't know those are Pre departure conditions ( Conditions before Visa issuance) Once your Visa is issued it has nothing to do with them.
That is why you open your self to all sorts of exploitations

That statement was a response to Lagos Airport,not at the point of entry, it is very rare for a foreign immigration officer to ask you for customs requirements.
it's a common thing here, sometimes ago when I was about boarding a Dubai flight,my last point of clearance was NDLEA and this young officer stood in front of me asking for my hotel reservations, i told him point blank that is not his job,guy man comot for road for me to pass.
The moment airport officials perceived you are a first time traveller they will intimidate you and exploit you till you even part with your BTA.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jum33: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello my people ,for those that have made used of Manchester airport assistance service with their luggages , what is the process of booking for assistance service with ones' loads and what might be the likely charges for this .As my spouse will be arriving tru Manchester airport next week will loads of luggages and I doubt if the airport trolley will have sufficient volume to contain all luggage at once for her to wheel everything out once with 3 kids along .so she might need sort of airport assistance to help her with her this .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloryval: 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
��✓VISA ALERT ✓ VISA ALERT✓��

The journey no be today oooo but the end have justified the means Glory to Almighty God � I call him the GOD of IMPOSSIBILITY

SCHOOL- NORTHUMBERIA UNIVERSITY NEWCASTLE
FAMILY OF 4
TLS LAGOS IKEJA
APPLICATION - 19th July 2022
BIOMETRIC - 28TH July 2022
DECISION MADE -17TH AUGUST 2022
COLLECTION MAIL - 29th AUGUST 2022
PICKED-UP - 30TH AUGUST (DHL)

ALL GLORY BELONGS TO GOD
I wish everyone success too

34 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by BStrands(f): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
<<< Visa Alert >>>

All praise to God Almighty.
This journey is not for the weak.

Family of 2
- School Application February 2022
- iELTS Results on 29th June 2022
- TB test MA on 14th July. Dependent 25th July 2022
- CAS Received 1st August 2022
- Submitted Visa applications 2nd August 2022
- Biometrics (Walk-in) 3rd August 2022
- Paid mail 24th august. Decision made
- Dependent moved to VAC 28th August 2022
- MA moved to VAC 29th August 2022
- Collection mail 29th August 2022
- Visa collection 30th August 2022
No NSF

Documents submitted
- Bachelor Degree cert, Transcripts, WAEC
- NYSC
- CAC (study gap evidence)
- TB Test Results
- Marriage Certificate
- Family Photos & Chats
- Statement of account

Good luck everyone! It will end in PRAISE!!

27 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ugmama:

970k per person?

4 person

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jennieokafor: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys,

Please, if the POF in MA’s account covers for the dependent and they’re both doing biometrics at the same TLS on the same day and time, is the dependent required to upload a copy of the POF too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by batxano: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
Adejoke1111:
Visa Alert!
I have been following this page since last year, when I wanted to apply for US student visa, I’m in my late 20’s and I wanted to apply for bsc, but I got declined because of my age.
This year I applied for Uk visa
Cas- August 9
Visa application August 10
Biometrics VI Tls August 24
DMC August 25
MOVED TO VAC August 29
COLLECTION DATE 30
Congratulations. Please which TLS center did you apply through?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Immality(m): 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
sirjey4real20:

Yes you are correct and that’s why you have to call your school to know if you will be able to enter in October

Mine is October intake but I need to go by September second week .

Is there no other way to get a cheaper flight please ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tioluwalasee(m): 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Visa Alert

Got Unconditional Offer to University of Birmingham on 1st of July
Paid £2000 deposit
No POF or pre-CAS checks
Got CAS 4th of July
Visa Application on 7th of July
Biometric on 1st of August
Moved to VAC & Collection Email on 29th August
DHL delivered on the 30th.

Documents used:
- TB Cert
- Letter of consent from my Dad
- 3 (Three) Statement of Accounts, all dollar denominated domiciliary accounts in my dad’s name. The lowest total amount in the 28 day period was well above the required amount.
- An excel spreadsheet showing the amount in each account on each of the 28 days with the cumulative amount. This was definitely not necessary but I was cautious because I’ve not seen anyone use 3 accounts here that’s why.

[https://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/guides/student-funds/worked-example-–-showing-funds-multiple-bank-accounts] was the example I used.
- School Transcript
- IELTS from 2020
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit because my middle name in my birth certificate is my first name on my passport

Declared a US Visa Refusal.

19 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rumuseh14: 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please can someone help how to make payment for Qatar airways flight ticket. I am unable to use my master card to make the payment. I called the customer care line and they gave me their Nigerian bank account (gtb) to make the payment and send payment details to an email address they gave me. Pls is this correct?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tioluwalasee(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
tioluwalasee:
Visa Alert

Got Unconditional Offer to University of Birmingham on 1st of July
Paid £2000 deposit
No POF or pre-CAS checks
Got CAS 4th of July
Visa Application on 7th of July
Biometric on 1st of August
Moved to VAC & Collection Email on 29th August
DHL delivered on the 30th.

Documents used:
- TB Cert
- Letter of consent from my Dad
- 3 (Three) Statement of Accounts, all dollar denominated domiciliary accounts in my dad’s name. The lowest total amount in the 28 day period was well above the required amount.
- An excel spreadsheet showing the amount in each account on each of the 28 days with the cumulative amount. This was definitely not necessary but I was cautious because I’ve not seen anyone use 3 accounts here that’s why.

[https://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/guides/student-funds/worked-example-–-showing-funds-multiple-bank-accounts] was the example I used.
- School Transcript
- IELTS from 2020
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit because my middle name in my birth certificate is my first name on my passport

Declared a US Visa Refusal.

This is how the spreadsheet looked. Posting this for anyone with a similar situation. Again you don’t have to do this, I just didn’t want any mistakes from the ECO.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babra19: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Congratulations ohhhh
Gloryval:
��✓VISA ALERT ✓ VISA ALERT✓��

The journey no be today oooo but the end have justified the means Glory to Almighty God � I call him the GOD of IMPOSSIBILITY

SCHOOL- NORTHUMBERIA UNIVERSITY NEWCASTLE
FAMILY OF 4
TLS LAGOS IKEJA
APPLICATION - 19th July 2022
BIOMETRIC - 28TH July 2022
DECISION MADE -17TH AUGUST 2022

ALL GLORY BELONGS TO GOD
I wish everyone success too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ForDanny: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Finally my people !!!

Visa Alert

APPLICATION - July / September 2021 though I just left it since then .
BIOMETRIC - 30TH July 2022
NSF : 15th August
NSF REPLY : 16th August
DECISION MADE -27TH AUGUST 2022

22 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Demmytop01: 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
flowbjones:

No!
Same here what can we do. After several paid mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Immality:

Mine is October intake but I need to go by September second week .

Is there no other way to get a cheaper flight please ?

The only way you have to a cheaper flight is October using Ethiopia. I am just coming back from Ethiopian office and they said no vacant again in September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
jbtems:

@WilsonBright935: Am also going to ARU chelmsford. Can we connect?
No qualms
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eemalex(m): 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2022
My main applicant's passport did not come with the BRP letter. Who do I make a complaint to TLS or BRP?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IPDaley: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
Has anyone who did bio on August 9 done paid mail/call?

At this point, it's ticket prices that's really disturbing. Can't make decision whether or not to book tickets, yet prices are increasing every day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Immality(m): 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
sirjey4real20:

The only way you have to a cheaper flight is October using Ethiopia. I am just coming back from Ethiopian office and they said no vacant again in September

Thanks for the update
This is really serious �..
Na to stay here for another one month again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
IPDaley:
Has anyone who did bio on August 9 done paid mail/call?

At this point, it's ticket prices that's really disturbing. Can't make decision whether or not to book tickets, yet prices are increasing every day.

You may want to consider moving to neighboring countries to fly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HSalamanca: 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello everyone. Please does anyone know if you need transit visa using Turkish airline? Like if you're flying them on Lagos-Heathrow with stopover at Istanbul.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IPDaley: 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Promoter2:

You may want to consider moving to neighboring countries to fly.

Like Lagos to Accra, then Accra to London? Which airlines do you suggest for September 17/18, because most of the Accra to London flights I'm seeing are on KLM/Air France and I heard you need transit visa for those.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nadingo: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Solatium:

That statement was a response to Lagos Airport,not at the point of entry, it is very rare for a foreign immigration officer to ask you for customs requirements.
it's a common thing here, sometimes ago when I was about boarding a Dubai flight,my last point of clearance was NDLEA and this young officer stood in front of me asking for my hotel reservations, i told him point blank that is not his job,guy man comot for road for me to pass.
The moment airport officials perceived you are a first time traveller they will intimidate you and exploit you till you even part with your BTA.
Guy just admit you were wrong and stop all this merry-go-round. The issue was about TB cert at POE and you claimed an immigration officer has no right to ask for that because TB cert is required for visa processing only. That has been proven to be wrong both officially and practically. You were even told an immigration officer at POE can ask for whatsoever document he feels is relevant to your entry and you claimed they can not try that with you (who are you again?). Talk is indeed cheap.

Guys, hold your TB cert (e no even heavy) in your carry-on and whatever document you feel can be asked at POE. Cooperate with 'em immigration officers and enter successfully cos that is the whole idea. Good luck.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skin90(m): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello family

Please who did biometric on 10th August and have gotten decision?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hmmm that's strange cause I can see available flights in September.
I tried pasting a screenshot but not sure how to so I attached it.

sirjey4real20:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
IPDaley:

Like Lagos to Accra, then Accra to London? Which airlines do you suggest for September 17/18, because most of the Accra to London flights I'm seeing are on KLM/Air France and I heard you need transit visa for those.

Well it's almost same thing in Ghana. The least for September 18 ( without transit visa) is Turkish airline around $1600.

Omo... I can't give any advice concerning flights

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HSalamanca: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
LH44:
Hmmm that's strange cause I can see available flights in September.
I tried pasting a screenshot but not sure how to so I attached it.

Hello. Has your visa been granted yet? I recall you did bio around August 2/3.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
rumuseh14:
Please can someone help how to make payment for Qatar airways flight ticket. I am unable to use my master card to make the payment. I called the customer care line and they gave me their Nigerian bank account (gtb) to make the payment and send payment details to an email address they gave me. Pls is this correct?
it is correct, try to do it early in the day so u can start firing them with emails and calls for ur ticket from 9am as they close work Friday 4pm and u cnt reach them till the next Monday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adejoke1111: 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
jessiejey:
Congratulations! Wish you all the best…Does TLS VI do walk in or prime time? I am unable to pay for it online cos it doesn’t bring up any available dates

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by supalastborn: 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening guys, please what's the payment structure for the university of Sunderland and do I need to upload POF before CAS is issued or do a pre-CAS interview? Appreciating your response already. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hiya, it just moved to VAC today so hopefully I get a pick up email soon. What about you?

HSalamanca:

Hello. Has your visa been granted yet? I recall you did bio around August 2/3.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by okhueleigbe: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please how much is
IHS for 2years
Visa fee
Priority service now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.