Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,284 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996795 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hiya, no you do not need a transit visa.

HSalamanca:
Hello everyone. Please does anyone know if you need transit visa using Turkish airline? Like if you're flying them on Lagos-Heathrow with stopover at Istanbul.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gidy4u: 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Pls wen did you apply and how long did it take for them to give you the admission
Darmiegold:
Good day everyone
Please I need your opinions

I just got a conditional offer from Teeside and I'm to pay the deposit of 4000 by 3rd of October
Can I still pay via form A
Will I meet up with the deadline (3rd of October)

I saw an option of paying through western union on the portal
Will the banks charge with CBN rate or black market
Won't it be too expensive?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HSalamanca: 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
LH44:
Hiya, it just moved to VAC today so hopefully I get a pick up email soon. What about you?

Ah nice, Congrats in advance lol.

Did bio August 9, so I'm hoping for movement between end of this week and next week. Though I've sent paid mail today, waiting for their response. Also emailed the school to confirm when is the latest time they allow for resumption, not sure I can make that September 17 weekend with how these flights are looking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
LH44:
Hmmm that's strange cause I can see available flights in September.
I tried pasting a screenshot but not sure how to so I attached it.

Which date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bsola: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello I just received this nsf email:

Please provide the following documents:

You have provided your Retirement Savings account end 2557. Please provide an official letter from your Retirement Savings provider that you are able to withdraw your funds at any time to support your education in the UK.

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days

My concern is that I did not include pension savings as part of my pof. I have enough funds in my personal account which i uploaded. my dependant (hubby) was the one that included his pension savings account. We did biometrics on the same day and linked the application together as a family.

Please anyone with this kind of experience, how do i respond to the nsf. My application did not include pension savings so why are they asking me to send it?

i did biometrics on 25th (priority) as the MA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by alejandro72(m): 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening, who has a walk-in connection at Ikeja or VI? Thank you ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hahha thank you loads.

Got this from the school with regards to registration deadline:

'LATEST DATE OF ENROLMENT

The start-date for our 2022/23 enrolment year is set at 19th September 2022. However, understanding that there may be delays that are beyond our control, the latest date of enrolment has been set for Friday, 14th October 2022. We encourage you to do all you can to meet up with the official start date so that you do not miss the Welcome Weekend or any lecturers. However, if for any reason you have some delays, please notify us immediately and ensure that you are arriving not later than October 15th'.

Hope this helps.

HSalamanca:

Ah nice, Congrats in advance lol.

Did bio August 9, so I'm hoping for movement between end of this week and next week. Though I've sent paid mail today, waiting for their response. Also emailed the school to confirm when is the latest time they allow for resumption, not sure I can make that September 17 weekend with how these flights are looking

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
I attached the screenshots with the dates.

sirjey4real20:

Which date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by modupsie(f): 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening everyone, please on my waec certificate my first name was written as oluwa modupe instead of MODUPEOLUWA with my maiden name which is on my degree certificate
I'm married now and I have done change of name with the correct one plus my new surname and that's what is on my passport. Can I apply to school with this waec certificate or I need affidavit for the discrepancy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
LH44:
Hahha thank you loads.

The start-date for our 2022/23 enrolment year is set at 19th September 2022. However, understanding that there may be delays that are beyond our control, the latest date of enrolment has been set for Friday, 14th October 2022. We encourage you to do all you can to meet up with the official start date so that you do not miss the Welcome Weekend or any lecturers. However, if for any reason you have some delays, please notify us immediately and ensure that you are arriving not later than October 15th'.

Hope this helps.

Please which school is this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ajiboyehify(m): 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please my application has been transferred to VAC since morning but they are yet to receive it till now.. Has anyone experience this before ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HSalamanca: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
LH44:
Hahha thank you loads.

Hope this helps.

Yep, thanks a lot, that's the info I needed. Did you email them before, or did they send a general mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HSalamanca: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
sirjey4real20:

University of Sussex.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
University of Sussex.

sirjey4real20:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
No I did not. I was sent an email with a few details from application to requirements, tuition deposit, etc

HSalamanca:

Yep, thanks a lot, that's the info I needed. Did you email them before, or did they send a general mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lowander(m): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
[quote author=Ajiboyehify post=116201832]Please my application has been transferred to VAC since morning but they are yet to receive it till now.. Has anyone experience this before ?[/quote

Mine was also transferred to VAC today. Does anyone have idea of the expected waiting period before collection date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ajiboyehify(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
[quote author=lowander post=116202331][/quote]

Collection mail dropped now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Iruobe1987: 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gud evening everyone, please is there anyone still waiting for their CAS from University of Sunderland October intake, d wait is really frustrating, I av sent several mails without response, anyone having dsame issue with the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello

Does your change of name address the error or just focused on your maiden name

If it does then you don't need an affidavit if not please get an affidavit

Cheers
modupsie:
Good evening everyone, please on my waec certificate my first name was written as oluwa modupe instead of MODUPEOLUWA with my maiden name which is on my degree certificate
I'm married now and I have done change of name with the correct one plus my new surname and that's what is on my passport. Can I apply to school with this waec certificate or I need affidavit for the discrepancy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by geepee211: 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ajiboyehify:
Please my application has been transferred to VAC since morning but they are yet to receive it till now.. Has anyone experience this before ?

Yes, I experienced it yesterday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello

The only error is the narration for No work, No business and NO public funds and yes that can be sorted in the UK.Here's a link to get them started when she arrives, try to ensure its done within 10days
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

Her husband's name will not be written on her Visa.

Cheers
tosland4u:
Hello Guys,

Thank you so much for the updates and information shared here.

My sister picked up her Visa on Friday and we noticed there was an error on it.

The error is from the narration which state "DEPENDANT, No Work, No Business No Public Funds". I[b]nstead of "Restricted Work, No Sportsperson, No Public Fund".[/b]

Also, the Primary Applicant's name (Her Husband) is not written on her Visa to show she is dependent on him. I am of the opinion that they should go and rectify it from the UK instead of submitting it back to TLScontact and wait till because we were told that they can not say when it will be ready again.

Please advise us biko.........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ogamba1: 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
Plsss ooooo,
We did our Bio on the 20th (MA Priority) and up till this moment no update date , it has not moved from DMC since last week Wed ..., pls anyone with any piece of advice ....?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello

Yes one statement can be used.

That particular scenario had the parents already in the UK

Cheers
remecy:

Please are you saying that dependents should have a separate account for maintenance?

For a family of 5 including the MA, can one statement of account carrying all maintenance fees be used?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pete3000: 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
Mumibaby:
Please my people, Is it possible to initiate multiple application on form A portal, so u can easily move fund to anyone that is fast? For example, using gtb and FirstBank at d same time.

Yes you can, I initiated mine using about three banks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by batxano: 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ogamba1:
Plsss ooooo,
We did our Bio on the 20th (MA Priority) and up till this moment no update date , it has not moved from DMC since last week Wed ..., pls anyone with any piece of advice ....?

Did my bio on the 22nd (VI TLS priority) and still at DMC. Sent a paid mail today and was told decision has been made but tracker still shows DMC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lowander(m): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ajiboyehify:

Collection mail dropped now.

Same here, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Greathand01: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please can I book this flight looking at the technical stop Brussels, won't one need transit visa

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oladapsy1: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
I have been following this topic for a week now. I have read over 100 pages. Una don make me feel as if I don dey UK already and I never even apply for one school like this��..Una too much abeg.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ogamba1: 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
Yepa, na like this we go dey dey .....
They should hasting the tracker now , I will have to do same tomorrow, thanks jare !!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ForDanny: 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ajiboyehify:

Lol relax you ll get collection mail tommorw .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nadingo:
Guy just admit you were wrong and stop all this merry-go-round. The issue was about TB cert at POE and you claimed an immigration officer has no right to ask for that because TB cert is required for visa processing only. That has been proven to be wrong both officially and practically. You were even told an immigration officer at POE can ask for whatsoever document he feels is relevant to your entry and you claimed they can not try that with you (who are you again?). Talk is indeed cheap.

Guys, hold your TB cert (e no even heavy) in your carry-on and whatever document you feel can be asked at POE. Cooperate with 'em immigration officers and enter successfully cos that is the whole idea. Good luck.

For the uptenth time POE was not the focus.
the author mentioned Lagos airport specifically and knowing what airport officials do here was what brought about my comment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
Greathand01:
Please can I book this flight looking at the technical stop Brussels, won't one need transit visa

In a technical layover, you won't be going out of the plane so you won't be needing a transit visa.

Please, double confirm with the airline to be 100% sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.