Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1006281 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by divinebarz: 4:51am On Sep 04, 2022
The account being used is for me, it isn't a joint account.
Kennyliga112:
it was written o the for that *If the account is a joint account, all owners should sign.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 6:21am On Sep 04, 2022
Dollylap:
Pls can a dependant arrive UK before MA? MA is still expecting return of passport while dependant got hers since 13th of June, already made paid calls and paid mail. @dduchess90 and all great people of dis platform, pls answer to dis
Which kind dependant be that way wan shine pass him master? grin cheesy

There's a difference for a reason. The dependant depends on the MA from the visa approval to entry into the UK. Best thing is to wait till the MA gets their visa o.

If MA vex say they no dey go again, nothing for dependant o. cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by emeritus007: 6:34am On Sep 04, 2022
Please how possible is it to get PTA between tomorrow Monday and Friday 9th September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ogbonnachrys: 6:35am On Sep 04, 2022
Iruobe1987:

Same here still waiting

It's getting frustrating, time is running out. God abeg o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2022
For Qatar, I had to eventually choose the book on hold option, then I did a transfer to their account. It took almost two days after calls and emails before they confirmed the payment. The Qatar staff at their airport office said I should have transferred to the gtb account instead. I did to their standard chartered. They listed about 3 accounts.

After payment, I called and it took me to their Indian branch. They couldn't help much but asked me to send my proof of payment to the Lagos email. Stressful!

ForDanny:
Please which Nigerian cards can be used to pay for tickets ? I have tried all my cards on Qatar airways , Kenyan airlines etc and they keep declining even though the payments are in Naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 7:15am On Sep 04, 2022
Actually, I finally got mine yesterday Saturday. And they do work on weekends. Their airport office was opened (I sent someone there). I also saw on google that their Island office at Silverbird opens everyday (don't know how true)

@Danny

giselle237:
for qatar best you put the booking on hold for 48 hours until Monday and then pay by local transfer to their GTB naira acct and start calling them on monday. U wont get your tickets this weekend as they do not work on weekends.
For other options you can use your bank card and pay on wakanow, travelbeta and travel start nearly same prices
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yoged(m): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2022
Greathand01:
Please can I book this flight looking at the technical stop Brussels, won't one need transit visa
yes you can. You don't even leave the airplane at brussel
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yoged(m): 7:25am On Sep 04, 2022
WendieT:
Good evening all,

Thanks for all your inputs, I really have learnt a lot here.

Please I just got a conditional admission for University of Salford and I have some enquiries.

The only condition is for me to make the initial deposit of 5,500 GBP.

If I make this payment and I am given unconditional admission, what else would I need to do to be given CAS? Will there be a pre-CAS interview?

Also, what is their payment like? Would I need to make any payment before registration?

Thank you,

Cheers!
no interview. Just make your payment and wait for your CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bankkydarry: 7:58am On Sep 04, 2022
Good morning,
I am planning to do a masters degree program in the Uk and I am keenly interested in a programme that will make me work and stay over in the UK after completion. I am considering International business but I don't know if it is okay. I have ICAN and Bsc Accounting with Second Class Lower. I don't know if
1.) Anybody can recommend a good course good Schools and cheap schools for me to come and take the masters program
2.) I came Across some programs with work placement which I think it is very good, but I heard one need to write IELTS before getting these placements. Please I will appreciate your prompt reply on these. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2022
LH44:
Actually, I finally got mine yesterday Saturday. And they do work on weekends. Their airport office was opened (I sent someone there). I also saw on google that their Island office at Silverbird opens everyday (don't know how true)
VI does not work everyday ooo.. sent someone there severally.. it was a mess or maybe something else was happening.
The airport one works if you have someone in Lagos. You have to go physically bcus no contact online. Also yes their Standard Chartered acct is the worst naira acct to pay into.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2022
yoged:
yes you can. You don't even leave the airplane at brussel
pls be sure
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shawrygal(f): 9:08am On Sep 04, 2022
Good morning, please i need an advice, my name written on my children birth certificate is my Husband surname, but my documents is my Father's name.
Do i need to get another birth certificate for them with my Father's name to show they are my Children. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seqe: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2022
Tobozi77:
I am going to Keele University. Are you intending to enroll this Sept 2022?

I hope to. Can I email you? I saw something last night that disturbed me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 9:16am On Sep 04, 2022
Imagine. Na wa oh. That's so bad. First time booking with them and such a mistake. Anyway, we learn everyday.

giselle237:
VI does not work everyday ooo.. sent someone there severally.. it was a mess or maybe something else was happening.
The airport one works if you have someone in Lagos. You have to go physically bcus no contact online. Also yes their Standard Chartered acct is the worst naira acct to pay into.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:16am On Sep 04, 2022
Dollylap:
Pls can a dependant arrive UK before MA? MA is still expecting return of passport while dependant got hers since 13th of June, already made paid calls and paid mail. @dduchess90 and all great people of dis platform, pls answer to dis

Lol... why would dependent want to enter before Mainapplicant. Best to wait to go together or after but certainly not before

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habbyy03: 9:16am On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

I finished Nysc in 2018 and I've not been working. Do I need to upload employment reference for my Visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

When did you finish your first degree??

Cheers
habbyy03:
Hello

I finished Nysc in 2018 and I've not been working. Do I need to upload employment reference for my Visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:27am On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

1.No.

2. Your children can't have 2 birth certificates

2. Your marriage certificate which I assume you will upload is enough to show it is the same person

Cheers
shawrygal:
Good morning, please i need an advice, my name written on my children birth certificate is my Husband surname, but my documents is my Father's name.
Do i need to get another birth certificate for them with my Father's name to show they are my Children. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habbyy03: 9:31am On Sep 04, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

When did you finish your first degree??

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Summertime: 9:32am On Sep 04, 2022
Good morning, Pls does British Airways from Lagos require Covid Vaccine or Covid Test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 9:34am On Sep 04, 2022
EXICON:
Pls house, who can confirm the authenticity of this school:Wrexham Glyndŵr University

Their fees look too cheap - £5940

No tuition deposit.

"Fees & funding
You do not have to pay your tuition fees upfront.

Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s tuition fees for 2022/23 for MSc Cyber Security are £5940.

The fees you pay and the support available will depend on a number of different factors. Full information can be found on our Fees and Funding pages. "

https://glyndwr.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate-courses/cyber-security/#panel6

Attached is a screenshot.

Hi, please did you proceed with this school as I see their fee is relatively cheap though the reviews on line are poor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kalakris: 9:49am On Sep 04, 2022
Kennyliga112:
. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/documents/family_consent.pdf
In my application, I am the dependant and my wife is the MA.
We didn't fill and sign this form and I am using her POF. Although she wrote a different consent letter on Ms word that she signed for me and I uploaded it during my doc upload. Hope this won't be an issue?
@kennyliga112
@justwise
@dduchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skynet2021: 10:14am On Sep 04, 2022
That fee isn't for international applicants, check again
victorVIC1:

Hi, please did you proceed with this school as I see their fee is relatively cheap though the reviews on line are poor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2022
Skynet2021:
That fee isn't for international applicants, check again
Lol, true. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Enocheesq: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2022
[quote author=shawrygal post=116339428]Good morning, please i need an advice, my name written on my children birth certificate is my Husband surname, but my documents is my Father's name.
Do i need to get another birth certificate for them with my Father's name to show they are

Have you done a change of name? What name is on your passport? If your passport bears same name as your children then all you need is to include evidence of change of name in your own application. However, if your passport is in your Maiden name then you have to get new birth certificates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tymally: 10:44am On Sep 04, 2022
Thanks a lot.
dduchess90:
Hello

There isn't a section that requests that on the visa application so at the moment I will say No

However, you can't be in 2places at the same time so if the Canadian application goes through you have to make a decision

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by stfranko2: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2022
Please has anyone used Western Union global for Student to make payments for school fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 11:18am On Sep 04, 2022
Kalakris:

In my application, I am the dependant and my wife is the MA.
We didn't fill and sign this form and I am using her POF. Although she wrote a different consent letter on Ms word that she signed for me and I uploaded it during my doc upload. Hope this won't be an issue?
@kennyliga112
@justwise
@dduchess90
No it won’t be an issue,As far she wrote a consent letter and signed by both of you,you are good
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kino47: 11:30am On Sep 04, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shakurshakur(m): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2022
stfranko2:
Please has anyone used Western Union global for Student to make payments for school fees

Yes, I did for my wife deposit, although family friend assisted me with his £ account in UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 11:59am On Sep 04, 2022
shawrygal:
no need for another birth certificate.. you have affidavit to show change of names worse case scenario.. you are one and same person
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shawrygal(f): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
giselle237:
no need for another birth certificate.. you have affidavit to show change of names worse case scenario.. you are one and same person

Am not planning to change my maiden name to my hubby name because all my documents including my passport and admission processing carries my maiden name. Is just today i observed i used my hubby surname on my children birth certificate.
I just want to be on a safe side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.