Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,727 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1001814 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nedboy22k7: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2022
My gf filled her visa and got her visa before we did our court wedding,now she has gone and someone said it’s an issue because she filled single while filling the form,but we have done the court wedding and she has gone to Uk now,is this an issue?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kalakris: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kennyliga112:
No it won’t be an issue,As far she wrote a consent letter and signed by both of you,you are good
Na only her sign o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by viqueta136: 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
This shouldn’t be an issue, apply for a dependent visa with your court certificate
Nedboy22k7:
My gf filled her visa and got her visa before we did our court wedding,now she has gone and someone said it’s an issue because she filled single while filling the form,but we have done the court wedding and she has gone to Uk now,is this an issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ignis: 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
Please I will be leaving Nigeria in 3 days time.

I would like to know the minimum Pounds I need to change from Naira to Pound before traveling.

I am just confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kalakris:

Na only her sign o
it’s not an issue..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kino47: 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

You can apply for your dependant visa and include necessary documents including your wedding certificate showing your relationship is substantial

Cheers
Nedboy22k7:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

Yes,they can see your application

please send a your GWF and copy of your application form.

You can receive NSF on a weekend.

Reply ASAP

I remember your case and I am invested in seeing how things unfold

Cheers
kino47:
Hello house/ @dduchess90:
I did my biometric on Friday and my daughter received a mail on Saturday that I should send my GW No and a copy of my form,as at the time of replying the mail my application has left VAC but has not gotten to DMC can they still be able to see my application if it has not gotten to them yet am a dependent and my wife is the MA
Secondly I find it weird receiving NSF mail on a weekend
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

There isn't a minimum,there is a maximum you need to declare

If you are travelling with £10,000 and above please declare it

Cheers

ignis:

I would like to know the minimum Pounds I need to change from Naira to Pound before traveling.

I am just confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ExpressBoy: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
@ duchess..... Pls I submitted my CAS shield since 10th Aug, but it’s still at 60% .The intake status had switched from September to Jan2023 intake...Really confused here cause my bank statement elapse the 31days next week... Need advice can I switch bank to run another Statement for visa application after receiving my CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

Changing your name is not compulsory but when you start putting a different name in official documents (I e your kids birth certificate) you start to complicate things

If you want to maintain your maiden name, do so all through crucial documents.

Again your marriage certificate should suffice

Cheers
shawrygal:

Am not planning to change my maiden name to my hubby name because all my documents including my passport and admission processing carries my maiden name. Is just today i observed i used my hubby surname on my children birth certificate.
I just want to be on a safe side.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

You have more than 5years study gap since your last degree.

You can upload your NYSC certificate and perhaps a cover letter to address your activities and why you haven't been in any paid employment since then

Cheers
habbyy03:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

You are technically for January 2023. No CAS will be issued for now that's why it's been pending at 60%.

Pending on the school you will be asked to resubmit your bank statement before the CAS for your session is released.

In terms of your maintenance funds and where it should be, that's entirely your decision

Cheers

ExpressBoy:
@ duchess..... Pls I submitted my CAS shield since 10th Aug, but it’s still at 60% .The intake status had switched from September to Jan2023 intake...Really confused here cause my bank statement elapse the 31days next week... Need advice can I switch bank to run another Statement for visa application after receiving my CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lightofjoy(m): 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
Happy weekend,
pls on my CAS statement the document used to access me was my degree certificate and transcript which was dated 2004.
To prove what have been doing, which one can I use from the following documents:
1. Employment letter in 2011,
2. Official commendation letter though a sign internal memo in 2015,
3. Salary increase letter also an internal memo in 2014,
4. Can I upload my MBA Certificate which I obtained in 2018 though this MBA Certificate was not listed on my CAS.
5. Professional certification in 2013.

Please which one can I use for study gap out of the above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ExpressBoy: 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
I understand you well duchess but issue now is that I plan using another bank for POF to resubmit since have been Automatically moved to JAN 2023 intake ...And I might have to start count of another POF for visa submission cause as it is I will get the CAS statement by OCT .. pls advice

dduchess90:
Hello

You are technically for January 2023. No CAS will be issued for now that's why it's been pending at 60%.

Pending on the school you will be asked to resubmit your bank statement before the CAS for your session is released.

In terms of your maintenance funds and where it should be, that's entirely your decision

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello

It should be fine but few questions

Did your school ask for evidence of maintenance funds and did you submit it?

If yes ,then if you change bank details you will need to update your school with the new statement before they issue your new CAS for January 2023

Cheers
ExpressBoy:
I understand you well duchess but issue now is that I plan using another bank for POF to resubmit since have been Automatically moved to JAN 2023 intake ...And I might have to start count of another POF for visa submission cause as it is I will get the CAS statement by OCT .. pls advice

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adedotun13(m): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2022
I got 1k discount too, did you intend to pay for the deposit?
atesun:

Lucky you i only got 1k discount
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello.

You have been very busy

I would include all...if you didn't include your MBA degree for your current admission then I would leave that out

Cheers
lightofjoy:
Happy weekend,
pls on my CAS statement the document used to access me was my degree certificate and transcript which was dated 2004.
To prove what have been doing, which one can I use from the following documents:
4. Can I upload my MBA Certificate which I obtained in 2018 though this MBA Certificate was not listed on my CAS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adedotun13(m): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
I will check, Thank you
Mattmich:
Form A is electronically done.
Check page one of this trending part, you will see all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
lightofjoy:
Happy weekend,

Use all. You're all right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Parrotpal(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello everyone, the Visa fee and Health surcharge, do they use official cbn rate or black market rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Enocheesq: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
kino47:
I did my biometric on Friday and my daughter received a mail on Saturday that I should send my GW No and a copy of my form,as at the time of replying the mail my application has left VAC but has not gotten to DMC can they still be able to see my application if it has not gotten to them yet am a dependent and my wife is the MA

Receiving NSF on a weekend is nothing to worry about. I received BRP letters for dependents this morning so they are obviously working today.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kalakris: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
Enocheesq:

Receiving NSF on a weekend is nothing to worry about. I received BRP letters for dependents this morning so they are obviously working today.
When was your bio and which TLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
kino47:

My cousin biometrics was a Saturday in ikeja , also today was when the tracker was updated to show now in VAC which is a sunday .... meaning I given you two example of activities done on a weekend so you can't be sure they don't work weekend. Only someone who works in Ukvi can say
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
ignis:

I am just confused.

Hold enough that will make you comfortable.

1..Inland transportation from Airport to your destination .

2...Cost of accomodations.

3... feeding.

4 Winter clothing.

5.. Transportation to fro school.

6 Miscellaneous.

Do your calculations around that for the first 2-4 weeks before you will start your 20hr job

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shakurshakur(m): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Parrotpal:
Hello everyone, the Visa fee and Health surcharge, do they use official cbn rate or black market rate?

Most people source for black market.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kevweezy(f): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2022
LH44:
For Qatar, I had to eventually choose the book on hold option, then I did a transfer to their account. It took almost two days after calls and emails before they confirmed the payment. The Qatar staff at their airport office said I should have transferred to the gtb account instead. I did to their standard chartered. They listed about 3 accounts.

After payment, I called and it took me to their Indian branch. They couldn't help much but asked me to send my proof of payment to the Lagos email. Stressful!

Heyy, how did you do the book to hold option? I saw you could transfer but when I click, it’s coming up as an error. Also, there’s an Amsterdam leg on the flight. Do I require a transit visa?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Osense10: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hi all! I would beg that we share our Point of Entry experience here, UK, etc...Just share them here to help others...I will be traveling soon too to the UK, so I wouldn't like to mess up. Hoping this thread will be helpful to others...but if it wouldn't, then there is no need to leave it open, I'll simply close it. But i think it will.traveling As a Dependant
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by hustla(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hello everyone

Been a minute

Please how much is the TB test now?
Is it still 57,800 or it has been increased

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
hustla:
Hello everyone

Been a minute

Please how much is the TB test now?
Is it still 57,800 or it has been increased

Thanks!
Still 57,800
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by hustla(m): 3:28pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kennyliga112:
Still 57,800

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.