Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1001636 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2022
Princewado:
Good morning everyone, please who is processing for ARU January intake? Any WhatsApp group I want to connect.

I'm Sept 2022, lemme check if I can find
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gabi1987: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
Gabi1987:
today makes it day 12 of escalation. Still at dmc. Called them.last week was told once a case has been escalated they don't have access to it until escalation team comes back to them. I should check back on the 15th day of escalation.
I think escalation makes it worse. It's better to just keep waiting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Hello @dduchess90,
Good afternoon ma'am, my 15 working days lapsed yesterday (as I did my biometry on the 19th of August, 2022 in TLS VI). I made a paid call this morning and I was told that decision has been made, but I have to wait for about 10 working days before I can receive any mail about collection.
How can I quicken it also How do I track my visa status for in-time follow up?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omooooooo: 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
In need of pounds or dollars for payment of school fees asap, I can be of help

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fadelex(m): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
WilsonBright935:
Hello @dduchess90,
Good afternoon ma'am, my 15 working days lapsed yesterday (as I did my biometry on the 19th of August, 2022 in TLS VI). I made a paid call this morning and I was told that decision has been made, but I have to wait for about 10 working days before I can receive any mail about collection.
How can I quicken it also How do I track my visa status for in-time follow up?

Thanks in anticipation
Which number did you call please and with which network
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
Fadelex:

It was done on my behalf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jolek15: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
LagosismyHome:

They are probably doing this in batch because last week it took 48 hours for my person own to move while another person moved same day .. then yesterday two people I know moved to Vac. One hasn't moved since then why the other the dhl is out for delivery

In summary, be patient.. it would move hopefully before Wednesday

Okay Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by StarTrek222: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
Please when did your status change to Passport sent to VAC ? And how long from that to Passport ready for pickup? Did you get a mail saying you should come and pick up at TLS ?

Ozededes:
VISA ALERT!!!

BIO - 15th Aug
Paid call - 09th Sept (decision made)
Picked up - 13 sept

Documents submitted MA
CAS
TRANSCRIPT
PASSPORT
SCHOOL REFERENCE
WORK REFERENCE
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

DOCUMENTS FOR dependant
Passport
Statement of account

Omo it has been a wild ride, bless everyone making efforts to assist the community

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emurate1: 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
Fadelex:

Use Glo to make the call. MTN will not connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by crazyscientist0: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
Good afternoon. Please is it possible to apply for Maintenance/upkeep under educational services through form A if one has a UK bank account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bankkydarry: 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
Good afternoon, in paying the tuition fee how does the CBN ELECTRONIC FORM A works? Does it take time like that of commercial Banks? please i need a response. Thanks and God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olufe111: 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2022
For people struggling with tickets and have means to pay in USD. Book a return ticket with BA it appears cheaper than one way. Put your return around May 2023. You can always cancel your return afterwards if it’s not needed but in all return is cheaper than one way. It comes to almost the same price as African countries airline and just 6:30hrs. The only condition is you have to pay in usd. The return I booked comes to $2400 and it’s within 10days of travel

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fadelex(m): 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
Emurate1:

Use Glo to make the call. MTN will not connect
Okay thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by frankob(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
August 20th
Abuja TLS
Standard application
I sent a paid mail this morning and I got a reply that a decision have been made and I will get email within 10 working days for passport collection. Hope the email comes earlier than that. We move.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IDtravel: 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
frankob:
August 20th
Abuja TLS
Standard application
I sent a paid mail this morning and I got a reply that a decision have been made and I will get email within 10 working days for passport collection. Hope the email comes earlier than that. We move.

Wao
Seem Abuja is faster than Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fadelex(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
Did a paid call now... decision made for MA and 3 dependants. 16th August Abuja Tls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
cutebear:
See what UKVI sent to someone. I honestly don’t know how these people are working. How can they tell her to chase British High Commission for her passport?! Also, don’t they have direct contact with them?! Passport that is such a delicate document is what they are misplacing anyhow! I really hate the way they’re handling our applications and treating us like trash! angry

Dear applicant,

The visa was issued for your son on 16/08/2022 and it was dispatched on 23/08/2022.

The applicant  passports are never with us. We have written to your VAC, as hundreds of applicants like yourself still didn’t get their passports, despite the visas being issued in July/August.

The VAC told us that the passports are with the local DMC. We have contacted the DMC multiple times, there is no response.

Kindly chase your case with the DMC and the VAC, as we cannot do anything or see any updates once the visa is issued.

We have nonetheless been trying to chase the VAC and DMC without any luck and will keep doing so.

All the best.

Kind regards,
Sheffield Student Team

You might not like what they just sent to the person,but they have just given you a practical solution,carry your slip and this notification and go straight to Eleke for them to sort you out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
cutebear:
Honestly, I’ve lost all excitement concerning this uk relocation. The thing feels more like a burden to me than a blessing. I haven’t felt peace since this journey started. It’s been from one hurdle to another. To get admission wahala, to get CAS wahala, to get bio date wahala, to get decision wahala. I did credibility interview and a decision was made 1 week ago, yet I haven’t gotten BRP mail or collection mail. This thing has really affected my mental health. I feel so unlucky.

Just calm down,it will end in Praise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
kino47:
@dduchess90
Is it possible to get nsf mail a week after biometrics(dependent) was checking my mail on my phone and all of a sudden something is telling I deleted a mail which could be an NSF, o boy this thing don dey turn madness.

Very very Possible,most of the people i have seen get their NSF the first week, it's nothing to worry about just follow the instructions and you will be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
Kuvalis:
@duchess90

We did Biometrics Aug. 1. Yesterday made it 6 weeks that my wife (dependant) did Biometrics and yet decision hasn’t been made on her application. I (Main Applicant) got collection mail since Aug. 30. Escalated her application Aug. 29. Called yesterday and it was still awaiting decision. I don’t know what to do anymore. This isn’t even giving us a chance to prepare.
Anyone going through this too?

The MA should leave for UK immediately, your dependant/s can always join you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
frankob:
August 20th
Abuja TLS
Standard application
Same here (paid call though)... .. I pray so too o, cuz we don resume already. Though I've mailed my school about the development
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jojonala: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
Honestly, I’ve lost all excitement concerning this uk relocation. The thing feels more like a burden to me than a blessing. I haven’t felt peace since this journey started. I gave up already, frustrated checking my application and still at same spot DMC since 18th august. USA go don give you result same day and all this anxiety go don come down.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mattyjay(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
Relax oh. Mine's been on same spot since 10th August. My school resumes next week and no word from them. Just focus on other things and hope for the best.

Jojonala:
Honestly, I’ve lost all excitement concerning this uk relocation. The thing feels more like a burden to me than a blessing. I haven’t felt peace since this journey started. I gave up already, frustrated checking my application and still at same spot DMC since 18th august. USA go don give you result same day and all this anxiety go don come down.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mystikal(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
Any advice on how to get my naira in my Nigerian account transferred to my British pounds account here?

Abeg how una dey take pounds with your Nigerian money? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pacypatty(f): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2022
August 22nd Abuja Tls pls If you have done paid call, pls quote me o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emmyrez(m): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
mystikal:
Any advice on how to get my naira in my Nigerian account transferred to my British pounds account here?

Abeg how una dey take pounds with your Nigerian money? Thanks

Yes contact me, am into FX Business or if you are around Lekki, come to my office
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mystikal(m): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
Emmyrez:

Yes contact me, am into FX Business or if you are around Lekki, come to my office

I'm in UK. I have significant amount of naira in my bank I would rather have in pounds since I'm here now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bamangar: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
Hello, I am about to pay my tuition fee for salford university and they are using flywire. But I noticed that the official cbn rate I calculated in Naira is different from what flywire is calculating. Below is the screenshot.. Is it a mistake or....

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babey543: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
bamangar:
Hello, I am about to pay my tuition fee for salford university and they are using flywire. But I noticed that the official cbn rate I calculated in Naira is different from what flywire is calculating. Below is the screenshot.. Is it a mistake or....

Better use CCBN Form A from bank.

Flwire uses black market rate. How do you expect them to gain?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by odehbrainard: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
Bankyfranco:
Please, how did you contact the University of Sunderland's Nigerian Rep? I want to contact him too.

+44 7393 119122 That’s his number. Am even made to understand sunderland currently has issues with CAS issuance. So am keeping my fingers crossed. Am not gonna be waiting for long.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JejeIsLife: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2022
Good everyone, please don't be annoyed this question is for an Irish visa, I decided to drop it here because they are under the UK and might have similarities in the visa application.

I was asked "If you are applying for a Long Stay Visa/Preclearance, you must fill out the contact details of your reference in Ireland in this section. but I have no one in Ireland please what do I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by frankob(m): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jojonala:

Try to call or email them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.