Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,627 members, 7,827,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1015395 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by smsalert1: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2022
I have received my Visa but am yet to get BRP mail or hard copy. Please what do I do. Am traveling soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2022
Gift7428:
I am leaving this Wednesday
The notes we have in Nigeria are paper notes.
Am I safe?
some people are confusing everything… the polymer notes we are using are getting confused to be paper notes… pls check online for clarity and see the difference in both
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jasbt(f): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2022
Based on documentaries on border control, I believe it will only be sized if he/she is taking those bags abroad to sell.

If it’s for personal use, like he/she is using to pack stuffs, don’t think it will be seized.

#myopinion

quote author=Annie001 post=117001749]
Please answer yes or No
I am.confused too because I have never heard of such before.
But I don't want to be too confident [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by deuoessch: 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
infosoftlife:

3rd Class and HND check these schools out...

1) University of Essex
2) University of Suffolk
3) RGU
4) University of Sunderland
5) Sheffield Hallam University
6) Oxford Brookes University
7)University of Dundee
coolCanterbury Christ Church University

Much thanks to you, I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fetrillion(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
Oluwasegun664:

Don't think Edinburgh Napier have started, thou I recently heard that some started receiving offers but majority haven't.. What'sapp n fbk group indicate majority await offers
Edinburgh admission for Jan 2023 has closed for January 2023 admission last Friday 23rd of September.
Most schools hardly give fresh admissions for Jan intake.Only people that differs and few lucky applicant.Unlike the September intake that absorb lots of applicant.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Annie001: 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2022
Jasbt:
Based on documentaries on border control, I believe it will only be sized if he/she is taking those bags abroad to sell.

If it’s for personal use, like he/she is using to pack stuffs, don’t think it will be seized.

#myopinion

quote author=Annie001 post=117001749]
Please answer yes or No
I am.confused too because I have never heard of such before.
But I don't want to be too confident
Okay
Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyg428: 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
JEhis:
Anyone going to Nottingham Trent University here? My passport just came out yesterday and the school is insisting I resume before 30th September, 2022, any advice?
The latest date of arrival on my CAS is 3rd of October. Though I'll arrive on the 30th of September. I also received a mail that instructs students that will arrive later than that 3rd of October to send their reason(s) of delay to. You may send them your reason, which I believe should allay your worries.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
Send me a mail.

prinx25:
Please let's chat, I haven't booked my flight yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by cutebear: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2022
Abuja wants to frustrate me o! I did my bio on August 4th, and got BRP letter stating that my visa was granted about 10 days ago. Till now, I haven't gotten movement back to VAC talk more of DHL dispatch message. I'm not even in Abuja to go and hustle for my passport. We are already entering the 2nd week of resumption. Only God knows whether they've forgotten my passport as they have been doing for some people. This whole thing has really frustrated me wallahi. I've lost all joy about this relocation process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2022
1. An empty NSF is one where they do not require you to furnish them with more documents to aid their decision making.

2. If you receive an NSF asking for more documents, when you reply, you should receive an acknowlegdement email to confirm they received your response. Ensure you do. If you do not receive one, try to send them again to the correct email.

ibuowo200:
boss pls what’s an empty nsf? After responding to nsf email am I gonna get an acknowledged email ? Is that what you mean by empty nsf ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by djshegzy2022: 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2022
Good afternoon, please I canceled my form A because they are yet to update my previous errors that am being required to upload docs and no update was done to fix it for about a week so I canceled it and put a call through to my bank to finish the cancellation from their end and they are yet to do that can I proceed to another fresh application that I want to do or still wait until the first application is being cancelled totally??
I need Answers please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2022
Resend the documents to them and ensure you get an acknowlegdement email please. I've learnt here that it is important. Failure to receive one means your response did not get to them.

ibuowo200:
Hello duchess90,

I opted for priority service (bio on 13,sept) . Nsf email sent Friday 16 sept 2022 . I responded to the nsf email with all docs asked on Sunday 19th . Since then I am yet to hear anything from them . Pls am I gonna get an acknowledgement email that the asked docs has been received ? Pls advice on what I should do next . Latest day to arrive in the Uk as instructed by the school on Cas letter is 3rd of oct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2022
I have sent you an email. Kindly respond.

Missyetty:
please can you help me with the contact of the person too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2022
They have to secure a date first before they can even attempt to do walk-in. Also, depending on the number of dependants, walk-in can be quite expensive. The money can be used to sort other necessities.

Maybs:

Just do walk-in with your spouse.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TOHHAN(f): 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2022
Am a second class upper degree holder of business administration and want to apply to UK schools for my MSc. Please who can direct on how well to go about the process, area/schools affordable in the UK and work that are demanding in the UK.
Thanks

Note: Am married with a kid too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by emandman: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2022
Can one easily change dollar to pounds at the london airport?, I find it difficult sourcing pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ibagbea: 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
Maybs:

Just do walk-in with your spouse.
how do one do the walk in please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2022
They don't need to cancel the first one actually. They only need to review the new documents you uploaded. Some Nigerian banks just like to work with archaic mentality.

Press for them to continue with the existing application and just review your updated documents. I know this from personal experience.

Starting another application pushes you farther backer on the queue.

djshegzy2022:
Good afternoon, please I canceled my form A because they are yet to update my previous errors that am being required to upload docs and no update was done to fix it for about a week so I canceled it and put a call through to my bank to finish the cancellation from their end and they are yet to do that can I proceed to another fresh application that I want to do or still wait until the first application is being cancelled totally??
I need Answers please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eziolise: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2022
Visionare:
1. An empty NSF is one where they do not require you to furnish them with more documents to aid their decision making.

2. If you receive an NSF asking for more documents, when you reply, you should receive an acknowlegdement email to confirm they received your response. Ensure you do. If you do not receive one, try to send them again to the correct email.

I got an empty NSF, is there a probability they will request for additional documents, I’m wandering why I’m getting an empty NSF though stressing application is not straight forward but they aren’t requesting for the document that isn’t
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
Search for this moniker "Omooooo" and talk to him. He posted something similar about a way out earlier on this thread.

OPRI:
Good Day House
Please advise how I can get a same day appointment for a family of 6. I chose ikeja and O thinking of doing self servicd but it appears I can't even see slots even in october 2022.
How best can I get an appointment date for 1st week of October for a family of 6?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Corporate2020: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2022
TOHHAN:
Am a second class upper degree holder of business administration and want to apply to UK schools for my MSc. Please who can direct on how well to go about the process, area/schools affordable in the UK and work that are demanding in the UK.
Thanks

Note: Am married with a kid too

Go get the following ready:

1. BSc Transcript
2. BSc Certificate
3. Reference Letter from your former university. It may be by a lecturer you know in the department, or by the current HOD of the department
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Your birth certificate
6. Birth Certificate of your Child.

Let's start from there. Other things are minor.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2022
Either a Dollar, Pounds or Euro dorm account will do. That is if you want a direct bank transfer or card debit which will reflect almost immediately.

If it is via Form A, your Naira account is the surest way.

2Arsenal:
I heard my naira accound cannot be used to make uk payment. Please do I need to open POUNDS domiciliary account in order to pay for uk versity tuition fee, or dollar account can pay too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bamangar: 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
Visionare:
They don't need to cancel the first one actually. They only need to review the new documents you uploaded. Some Nigerian banks just like to work with archaic mentality.

Press for them to continue with the existing application and just review your updated documents. I know this from personal experience.

Starting another application pushes you farther backer on the queue.

In my own situation, i am using UBA for Form A. I was told my account is less than 3 months, but it still moved from ADB_reviewer to ADB_supervisor stage. I am contemplating on moving the money to another bank, Access, but that will be entering the queue all over again. I am just hoping and praying it gets approved.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Deefantastic115: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2022
Good evening house . Please I will appreciate some responses . I’m in the process of applying forum student visa . However , I have two US undergrad visa refusals from 2009. The problem is I don’t have the refusal letters (I can’t even remember being given one) and there are no stamps on my passport. I have 2 uk visit visa refusal in 2012 and 2013 due to insufficient ties where I declared the us refusal. My question is going back this time around should I still declare the US refusal and maybe explain why I don’t have the letter or should I’ll leave it out since it’s over 10 years now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by padie77: 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2022
timestwo:
It's been 2 full weeks now and no debit.

Mine is 9weeks no debit cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Deefantastic115: 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
Lekeleke2022:
My success story

April 1 - Biometric date
N.B - 2 previous visitors visa refusal

May 12- student Visa refusal -Reason given was the attached bank statement explaining the circumstances of previous visa refusal was a falsified document.

May 12- complaint made to Bank as it was a genuine bank statement.

May 13- Bank replied they contacted UK embassy and they acknowledged the error on their part hence they will withdraw the refusal.

May 13- June 22 (several mail sent to UKVI and they claimed they have made decision on my application ). Pleaded for it to be escalated as I haven’t gotten my passport back buh they said due to Ukraine war, they couldn’t escalate.

June 22- complaint made to home office but it took 20 working days to get a response from them.

July 21- They finally responded and they apologized and explained that the visa was issued May 13 but due to administrative oversight, it wasn’t passed to next stage.

July 26- picked up my passport with visa buh couldn’t travel with it as school claimed I couldn’t meet up with April class despite series of online lectures I attended . Online Lectures was only stopped first week July .
School advised I have to request another CAS and make a fresh visa application.

July 27- I mailed Home office again via complaint review stating my displeasure about how they made me miss out my resumption due to error from there part..I was also preparing for another application so I started another POF journey cos school won’t release another CAS without POF evidence.

August 16- I requested CAS from school cos I knew it might take 2weeks for them to release it.

August 23 - Home office replied that I should get CAS for another course date for them to revoke the present visa and reissue another one. Earlier that day ,Sheffield team messaged too also demanding new CAS to be sent to the mail they provided within 10 working days.
The POF I started earlier and also the CAS I requested earlier too helped. School frustrated me delaying the CAS. They finally released it after several calls.

August 30- CAS was released and I forwarded it to UKVI as requested.

September 8- British High Commission called I should submit my passport back which I rushed to submit that same day.

September 11- BRP details was sent to my mail . I was expecting mail from TLS for pick up for close to 2 weeks but no mail. So I felt since my BRP details was already sent to me and I didn’t go through the normal process, let me risk going to TLS to check it myself.

September 21- I finally picked my passport with New visa issued.

It wasn’t an easy journey but God came through for me.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by padie77: 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2022
president4life:

Mine is over 6weeks, I was told by a staff that they are attending to July applications.

Mine is over 9weeks. I'm using sterling bank. I've been disturbing them with calls undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Halleend101: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

It shouldn't be an issue but I personally like applications that are tidy

Since it is just a consent letter, rewrite it and put the appropriate address for Abuja

Cheers

God bless you real good duchess90,I appreciate.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HrmBennyEmmy: 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2022
Please I’m traveling to UK Wednesday via emirate airline nd will transit at Dubai,,,Do I need to be fully vaccinated or do COVID test before I can board flight? Transist at Dubai Or gain entrance to the UK? Please reply someone is saying I need to be vaccinated or do COVID test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Simieoni2: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
Visa alert!!!!!!
Visa alert!!!!!!

Timelines below
Biometrics: 16th aug ( ikeja standard )
paid mail on 6th sept
Response on the 7th sept awaiting decision
Nsf on 9th sept for study gap (10 years)
Replied same day
1st paid call on the 14th ( decision made) on the 13th
2nd paid call to be sure
After 7days Still no movement to Vac
Movement to vac on 20th sept
Received by vac on 21th sept
Collection mail on the 21th sept
Picked up passport on the 22nd sept
Vignette sitting pretty grin grin

Lets keep the HOPE alive

24 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timestwo: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
Sterling bank told me they're attending to July application too. And my application is only 2 weeks+. I am yet to receive any positive Feedbacks about them.

9 weeks is over 2 months. That's ridiculous.

padie77:

Mine is over 9weeks. I'm using sterling bank. I've been disturbing them with calls undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ibagbea: 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2022
Good evening guys, please I want to make my Visa application,what is the best way to go about it? Do anyone have idea how much priority and super pirority Visa cost?

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.