Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996147 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jayl1: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2022
Ogbomojugun:
Hello,
My brother in Canada has tried 2 different cards at different times to pay for my IHS but it keeps getting declined. He called his banks and they said the issue is with the merchant.

Anyone having issues paying IHS? Is there a way to navigate this??

Good morning,
I am having this same issue, how did you eventually go about it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gidy4u: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pls can one pay for his flight with naira debit card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
If the flight ticket fee is in naira, Yes. If it’s in any other currency, No.
gidy4u:
Pls can one pay for his flight with naira debit card

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seyi0T: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hi Everyone and thank you for all the insights here. Please i have a skilled worker Visa in the UK and will like to apply to change visa status for my kids. The issue i have is regarding identification of the kids using the UK immigration app. Please at what stage is this done as i have filled the form up until declaration and i have not seen that option which i was able to do for my spouse.
Kindly help with this information.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by adzedec0224: 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
Thank you
Joydan95:

IHS was $1081.66/ person
Visa was $418 per person

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
Seyi0T:
Hi Everyone and thank you for all the insights here. Please i have a skilled worker Visa in the UK and will like to apply to change visa status for my kids. The issue i have is regarding identification of the kids using the UK immigration app. Please at what stage is this done as i have filled the form up until declaration and i have not seen that option which i was able to do for my spouse.
they will give biometrics… go to the sopra steria portal and book their biometrics appointment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SamAfrik(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
Your tenacity saved you
Congratulations quote author=Horlamidei post=118135292]Visa Alert! Visa Alert!!

Here is my timeline:

July 23rd: Applied to Uni of Sunderland

July 26th: Got a Conditional offer

July 27th or 28th: Got a mail from the school of high volume of application. Need to be fast to meet conditions to get CAS.

Na so I begin dey ask questions for Nairaland, read and watch YouTube videos about UK visa.

1st week of August: Got conditional offer from Uni of Bedfordshire.

Now left with the option to choose between Uni of Sunderland or Bedfordshire. Na so I begin make research oh..! To avoid the long talk, I settled for Sunderland. I pray I don’t regret it. Amen!
Paid intial deposit £3,500

Part of the school conditions was POF. I begin bombard questions here on Nairaland if it’s possible to use my mom who stays in Canada with Canadian account as sponsor. All I was getting was “yes na! Yes I can!!”

September 6th: With fear, I started POF using my mom Canadian bank account. She as my sponsor. People were telling me, they might reject me that I will have high chance of approval if I use my account or still collect loan and run POF. Me wey dey manage insisted I will use her as sponsor. Nairaland wey tell me hn possible no dey lie!!

September 28th: TB test. School served me mail that Project Management is now first come first serve due to high volume of application at TB center Ikeja. I wan cry after filling school address at tb center.

October 4th: This date is the 28th day for the POF. I printed exactly on the 28th day. Immediately after print out of statement, lump sum was withdrawn way below the required funds needed for POF. After my displeasure of the transaction, the money was deposited back that same day. That was when my fear arose the more if UKVi will detect this.

October 5th: Submitted the statement for CAS. Na so school start there own with first page doesn’t carry stamp, 2nd page doesn’t carry bank logo. One of the team of Sunderland immigration compliance team had to tell me why can’t I tell my mom to send the funds to my account here to use as POF the UKVI might reject this statement. I explained if she does that, if I get to Uk, I will still need to transfer the money over there too which will spoil the money due to high exchange flunctuation. She agreed to that but still claims they can’t accept my mom statement because UKVI May reject my visa.
Then fear set in. I was like Shebi Nairaland said we can use any of the parents account regardless of the currency as sponsor.
I started pressing on them with calls. I wasted lot of cards calling. Different team were picking with different opinions.
After much pressing they forwarded it there manager. Got a mail from the manager to get bank letter of active account claiming the statement can be used.

October 6th: The bank manager no wan release bank letter claiming why can’t they accept the statement. He be like this is Canadian bank that that statement is accepted anywhere. Spoke to him on the phone with mail screenshot from the school claiming just a letter for confirmation it’s active. Canadian English different from Uk own. Ah swear I no even dey hear wetin the bank manager dey talk for phone. Had to beg him for it.
Drafted it, submitted that same day, Sunderland ImmigrationCompliance team continued with there behavior again after calls on calls. God answered my prayer when I called around 3pm, the call went straight to there manager Lynne, within 2mins she acknowledged everything with my consent letter and birth certificate. That same evening CAS dropped.

To apply for visa kan dey scare me because of the immigration compliance team thinking if they were UKVI, na straight rejection and the huge lump sum withdrawn exactly on the 28th day after the printing of POF statement.

So I open my system, used corelldraw carry the bank stamp in page 2 of my statement to the page one and logo on page 1 to page 2.

October 11th: Applied for visa(self service)

Documents submitted;

Employment Evidence
1.) Employment letter
2.) Employment ID card
3.) NYSC certificate

Financial Evidences
1.) Mom’s Canadian bank statement( CAD $35,500 equivalent to around £22,000)
2.) Bank letter confirming the account is active
3.) Consent letter from mom
4.) Birth certificate

Study Evidence
1.) University Certificate
2.) English Proficiency Letter from University
3.) WAEC certificate

Sponsor
1.) CAS

Travel aspect
1.) International passport
2.) Tuberculosis certificate

October 25th: Biometric(Standard)
Transferred to DMC that same day

Started prayer and fasting

October 27th: Received by DMC

November 1st: Decision made(brp dropped)
No NSF mail
but application still dey DMC till now. Not yet move to VAC.

Thanks a lot
@dduchess
@gloriyah
@darmiegr8

Someone dropped a quote of joining the University of Sunderland on telegram. God bless that fellow. That group has also been very very helpful.

Thanks a lot to those who take there time to respond to questions on this forum. Sometimes I come here and ask some kind funny questions. But una go still reply.

Main thing about Nairaland is don’t miss any messages on any trend or forum one is following here. I learnt a lot from questions and answers on this uk travel forum. I never miss. It made me understood everything more. People are asking me how I take do am. People call me for guidance. Some call me agent but in my mind, I no say na Nairaland.

Thanks to God then Nairaland

Project Management
January intake
University of Sunderland

Emilokan of Sunderland [/quote]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by adubam(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
SamAfrik:
Your tenacity saved you
Congratulations quote author=Horlamidei post=118135292]Visa Alert! Visa Alert!!

Here is my timeline:

July 23rd: Applied to Uni of Sunderland

July 26th: Got a Conditional offer

July 27th or 28th: Got a mail from the school of high volume of application. Need to be fast to meet conditions to get CAS.

Na so I begin dey ask questions for Nairaland, read and watch YouTube videos about UK visa.

1st week of August: Got conditional offer from Uni of Bedfordshire.

Now left with the option to choose between Uni of Sunderland or Bedfordshire. Na so I begin make research oh..! To avoid the long talk, I settled for Sunderland. I pray I don’t regret it. Amen!
Paid intial deposit £3,500

Part of the school conditions was POF. I begin bombard questions here on Nairaland if it’s possible to use my mom who stays in Canada with Canadian account as sponsor. All I was getting was “yes na! Yes I can!!”

September 6th: With fear, I started POF using my mom Canadian bank account. She as my sponsor. People were telling me, they might reject me that I will have high chance of approval if I use my account or still collect loan and run POF. Me wey dey manage insisted I will use her as sponsor. Nairaland wey tell me hn possible no dey lie!!

September 28th: TB test. School served me mail that Project Management is now first come first serve due to high volume of application at TB center Ikeja. I wan cry after filling school address at tb center.

October 4th: This date is the 28th day for the POF. I printed exactly on the 28th day. Immediately after print out of statement, lump sum was withdrawn way below the required funds needed for POF. After my displeasure of the transaction, the money was deposited back that same day. That was when my fear arose the more if UKVi will detect this.

October 5th: Submitted the statement for CAS. Na so school start there own with first page doesn’t carry stamp, 2nd page doesn’t carry bank logo. One of the team of Sunderland immigration compliance team had to tell me why can’t I tell my mom to send the funds to my account here to use as POF the UKVI might reject this statement. I explained if she does that, if I get to Uk, I will still need to transfer the money over there too which will spoil the money due to high exchange flunctuation. She agreed to that but still claims they can’t accept my mom statement because UKVI May reject my visa.
Then fear set in. I was like Shebi Nairaland said we can use any of the parents account regardless of the currency as sponsor.
I started pressing on them with calls. I wasted lot of cards calling. Different team were picking with different opinions.
After much pressing they forwarded it there manager. Got a mail from the manager to get bank letter of active account claiming the statement can be used.

October 6th: The bank manager no wan release bank letter claiming why can’t they accept the statement. He be like this is Canadian bank that that statement is accepted anywhere. Spoke to him on the phone with mail screenshot from the school claiming just a letter for confirmation it’s active. Canadian English different from Uk own. Ah swear I no even dey hear wetin the bank manager dey talk for phone. Had to beg him for it.
Drafted it, submitted that same day, Sunderland ImmigrationCompliance team continued with there behavior again after calls on calls. God answered my prayer when I called around 3pm, the call went straight to there manager Lynne, within 2mins she acknowledged everything with my consent letter and birth certificate. That same evening CAS dropped.

To apply for visa kan dey scare me because of the immigration compliance team thinking if they were UKVI, na straight rejection and the huge lump sum withdrawn exactly on the 28th day after the printing of POF statement.

So I open my system, used corelldraw carry the bank stamp in page 2 of my statement to the page one and logo on page 1 to page 2.

October 11th: Applied for visa(self service)

Documents submitted;

Employment Evidence
1.) Employment letter
2.) Employment ID card
3.) NYSC certificate

Financial Evidences
1.) Mom’s Canadian bank statement( CAD $35,500 equivalent to around £22,000)
2.) Bank letter confirming the account is active
3.) Consent letter from mom
4.) Birth certificate

Study Evidence
1.) University Certificate
2.) English Proficiency Letter from University
3.) WAEC certificate

Sponsor
1.) CAS

Travel aspect
1.) International passport
2.) Tuberculosis certificate

October 25th: Biometric(Standard)
Transferred to DMC that same day

Started prayer and fasting

October 27th: Received by DMC

November 1st: Decision made(brp dropped)
No NSF mail
but application still dey DMC till now. Not yet move to VAC.

Thanks a lot
@dduchess
@gloriyah
@darmiegr8

Someone dropped a quote of joining the University of Sunderland on telegram. God bless that fellow. That group has also been very very helpful.

Thanks a lot to those who take there time to respond to questions on this forum. Sometimes I come here and ask some kind funny questions. But una go still reply.

Main thing about Nairaland is don’t miss any messages on any trend or forum one is following here. I learnt a lot from questions and answers on this uk travel forum. I never miss. It made me understood everything more. People are asking me how I take do am. People call me for guidance. Some call me agent but in my mind, I no say na Nairaland.

Thanks to God then Nairaland

Project Management
January intake
University of Sunderland

Emilokan of Sunderland

Congrats.

What is the best time to apply for SEptember 2023 intake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timmb(m): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hi Everyone! Can someone please help me with the direction to TLS IKEJA. From Iyana Ipaja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bukorlar10: 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
Good day good people, please while filling IOM form for TB test, I only saw first name and last name, no provision for middle name. So I only provided my last name and first name without my middle name but on my admission letter and passport, there is a middle name.
Please is this normal or I need to also put my middle name as it appears on my passport and admission letter.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kajolplus: 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2022
timmb:
Hi Everyone! Can someone please help me with the direction to TLS IKEJA. From Iyana Ipaja

From Iyana Ipaja (opposite First Bank), take bus going to Yaba/Maryland drop at Abule Onigbagbo bus stop (after Ikeja under bridge)

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
Bukorlar10:
Good day good people, please while filling IOM form for TB test, I only saw first name and last name, no provision for middle name. So I only provided my last name and first name without my middle name but on my admission letter and passport, there is a middle name.
Please is this normal or I need to also put my middle name as it appears on my passport and admission letter.

Thanks

Not an issue.
The day of your appointment you will be required to fill a form with your name as shown on your passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
adubam:

Congrats.

What is the best time to apply for SEptember 2023 intake.

Best time is now if the portal of the school is opened for application.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yoged(m): 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pls what is the maximum pdf size of document one can upload for biometrics. Self service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seyi0T: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
giselle237:
they will give biometrics… go to the sopra steria portal and book their biometrics appointment

Thank you for the feedback. I do not want to attend biometrics. Reason i want to use the app identifier for the BRP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tholuylope: 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hello
Please will someone that pay for Premium lounge service enjoy Walk in Benefit?
The person that was supposed to pay for flexi appointment for me paid for premium lounge instead.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Salami71: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
jayl1:

Good morning,

Experiencing the same thing , I paid for my wife and child . I even paid for their visa fees. It started declining when I tried paying for my IHS. I had to call first bank customer care , they made me understood that the IHS website is charging the transaction as pof and not web payment . So I have exceed my limit .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dunns(f): 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2022
infosoftlife:

It is possible with your marriage certificate, pictures... These are the evidence you need. In the Western world, it doesn't matter about answering surname... What you should be concerned about does the name on your passport and DOB tally with your certificate.
so I your passport is carrying your husband’s name which is different from your certificate what will I do

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fadd2: 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
olatunji1989:
Congratulations, I love ur write up, it's going to help someone here. With all the documents used. Thank you for sharing this. We shall all have testimony in jesus name. (amen)

Thank you so much for this detailed feedback
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
Seyi0T:
Thank you for the feedback. I do not want to attend biometrics. Reason i want to use the app identifier for the BRP
the children have to attend biometrics, I did not speak on/about you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
Dunns:
so I your passport is carrying your husband’s name which is different from your certificate what will I do
marriage certificate +/- change of name affidavit +/- newspaper publication. Marriage is not a crime.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jayl1: 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
Salami71:

Experiencing the same thing , I paid for my wife and child . I even paid for their visa fees. It started declining when I tried paying for my IHS. I had to call first bank customer care , they made me understood that the IHS website is charging the transaction as pof and not web payment . So I have exceed my limit .

What does it mean for the bank to charge as pof, what is the implication? what can I do about it please, my IHS surcharge was quoted as 1979 Canadian dollars and my friend has 2,100Cad on his card, so can you please explain further so I can get a headway with the payment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Salami71: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
jayl1:

What does it mean for the bank to charge as pof, what is the implication? what can I do about it please, my IHS surcharge was quoted as 1979 Canadian dollars and my friend has 2,100Cad on his card, so can you please explain further so I can get a headway with the payment.

Pos I mean , he should call his bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jayl1: 11:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
Salami71:

Pos I mean , he should call his bank.

He called his bank today, they increased his limit and the transaction still got declined, that is the troubling part.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Salami71: 12:30am On Nov 06, 2022
jayl1:

He called his bank today, they increased his limit and the transaction still got declined, that is the troubling part.

I just tried it again few minutes ago , still the same decline..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ogbomojugun: 2:23am On Nov 06, 2022
jayl1:

Good morning,

Sent the money to Nigeria. Changed it to USD ( via blackmarket) , deposited into someone's US $ Domiciliary Account and payment was made via the person's card.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ogbomojugun: 3:49am On Nov 06, 2022
Visa ALERTS!!

1. Myself
Biometrics Nov 2 at Ikeja TLS
BRP email Nov 4
Standard application shocked grin
Anglia Ruskin , Chelmsford campus
MSc Clinical Nursing

2. My sister
Biometrics Oct 19 at Ikeja TLS
BRP email Oct 27
Standard application grin wink
Nottingham Trent Uni
MSc Biomedical Science

Docs submitted for both:
NECO, NYSC, BSc cert, marriage cert, TB result, CAS, bank statements, proof of employment for myself ( employment letter, paystubs), internship cert for my sis 2019.

Thanks to everyone who offered support by answering our questions.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sunexy(m): 5:42am On Nov 06, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Study visa is point based , as long as your documents are authentic, and you meet the required points it should be fine

Please declare your refusals and the reasons in the relevant section during your application and apply normal.

Writing a cover letter to explain previous refusal is completely optional and tbh doesn't add much to your application

Cheers

Please if one has applied for visa before but withdraws it later because it was taking too long, does it pass as visa refusal?? Will i have to declare it as a refusal??

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.