Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000502 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Priceless25: 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
Please house.. I need help on making a decision on which school to proceed with, I got offers from Northampton and Salford both on MSc project management.

Northampton has a placement component to it (deposit £7000).

Salford (deposit £5500).

1. Is this placement route profitable? (Getting internships, paid or unpaid), hoping to get UK experience.

2. Because the placement is for an extra year, will I need to double the POF? And double IHS fees?

3. Which of the schools is better in terms of education?

@duchess@doyinluv@justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HabbyY: 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2023
djshegzy2022:
Congratulations.

Thank you so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HabbyY: 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
olola4:

Congratulations!

Please what is the best card to pay for IHS and visa fee online?

Thanks!

I used pounds card that belongs to a friend in the Uk. But, you can actually pay using dollar card issued by Nigerian bank as well.

Cheers 🥂
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ifelajulo:

In order of priority
USA
Canada
Australia
Ireland
UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Wakando: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
Good evening everyone. I paid my tuition at the University of Dundee but was unsuccessful in the CAS interview. I have filled a refund form since last month , but I haven't received it yet.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kuvalis: 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hi..

HabbyY:

Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olola4(m): 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
HabbyY:

Thanks!

I used pounds card that belongs to a friend in the Uk. But, you can actually pay using dollar card issued by Nigerian bank as well.

Cheers 🥂

Thanks, this is exactly what I intend to do.

Pls can you give a rough estimate of what I should budget in naira for IHS and Visa application fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aliyu40: 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
Priceless25:
Please house.. I need help on making a decision on which school to proceed with, I got offers from Northampton and Salford both on MSc project management.

Salford (deposit £5500).

1. Is this placement route profitable? (Getting internships, paid or unpaid), hoping to get UK experience.

2. Because the placement is for an extra year, will I need to double the POF? And double IHS fees?

Make sure you read the fine prints! Some schools will say it is YOUR responsibility to find a placement. Ask them very well, email them. If they will provide the placement, it may be worth it, if not, RUN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dukeofmilan19: 11:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
Good day house!

Please has anyone here applied to London Metropolitan University or University of Westminster before?

How long did it take for them to get back to you please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by PaBLoA2: 12:33am On Mar 25, 2023
Flamezcadio:
Hello people, I need advice on my MSc application.

The school I wish to attend replied my application that my BSc degree is not equivalent to UK BSc according to ECCTIS and as such my application was refused.

Anyone with an idea of what I can do to correct this?

Please note: I have gotten admission in 4 other UK universities for the same course using the same degrees I submitted to them.

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear that your application was refused. 

One option would be to reach out to the university; they may be willing to reconsider your application if you can provide additional information or documentation that demonstrates the equivalency of your degree.

A better option is that it may be worth focusing your efforts on those universities that have given you admission instead.

I hope this helps, and best of luck with your application!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by PaBLoA2: 12:47am On Mar 25, 2023
Wakando:
Good evening everyone. I paid my tuition at the University of Dundee but was unsuccessful in the CASE interview. I have filled a refund form since last month , but I haven't received it yet.

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful in your CAS interview. 

It's important to follow up with the university to check on the status of your refund and ensure that everything is being processed.

The key to getting things done with schools is to call, call, and call until it's done.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kajolplus: 5:34am On Mar 25, 2023
dukeofmilan19:
Good day house!

Please has anyone here applied to London Metropolitan University or University of Westminster before?

How long did it take for them to get back to you please?

London Metropolitan University is VERY slow in giving offer. This was confirmed by a staff member of the University.

Kindly exercise patience with London Met.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by boss1401: 5:38am On Mar 25, 2023
Sorry to hear that, i got an offer from dundee too and will be paying deposit. What was the interview like and the questions asked please.

Wakando:
Good evening everyone. I paid my tuition at the University of Dundee but was unsuccessful in the CASE interview. I have filled a refund form since last month , but I haven't received it yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by slimanyd: 5:48am On Mar 25, 2023
Morning bosses here. Which is the best airline to take among the two.

British Airways or Virgin Atlantic

Destination is Birmingham.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 7:09am On Mar 25, 2023
Any available WhatsApp 🤳group link for September intake into the following Universities should please add me 🙋
09030478266 🙏

🔸University of chester
🔸Royal Agricultural University
🔸University of Wolverhampton
🔸Writtle University college
🔸Bishop Grosette University
🔸Nothingham Trent University

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Priceless25: 8:52am On Mar 25, 2023
Aliyu40:

Make sure you read the fine prints! Some schools will say it is YOUR responsibility to find a placement. Ask them very well, email them. If they will provide the placement, it may be worth it, if not, RUN

@Aliyu.. Thank you! I'll ask right away.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lastkingsman: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2023
Who is studying at Liverpool Hope University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:00am On Mar 25, 2023
Hello

As long as the person joins before applying for graduate visa if that is the next plan then that should be fine

If the person is switching to skilled workers visa then the dependant can join anytime

Cheers
wonderfulperson:

Please, what happens if the dependent is not able to join MA till he finishes the masters, can they still join after masters. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dukeofmilan19: 9:04am On Mar 25, 2023
Kajolplus:

London Metropolitan University is VERY slow in giving offer. This was confirmed by a staff member of the University.

Kindly exercise patience with London Met.

Okay, thank you 🙏
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oyetboy(m): 9:15am On Mar 25, 2023
What's the best and cheapest flight from Newcastle or London to Nigeria? And also do you need a transit visa for Air France?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:15am On Mar 25, 2023
Hello

Have you checked either of them to confirm direct flights because you may not have direct flights and will need to get to Heathrow first

Cheers
slimanyd:
Morning bosses here. Which is the best airline to take among the two.

British Airways or Virgin Atlantic

Destination is Birmingham.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2023
Hello

With Airfrance you need transit visa

2. BA might be easier but more expensive

Cheers
Oyetboy:
What's the best and cheapest flight from Newcastle or London to Nigeria? And also do you need a transit visa for Air France?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:17am On Mar 25, 2023
Hello

Chase your Uni for refunds

Cheers
Wakando:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imolemiimole: 9:21am On Mar 25, 2023
Good morning house, please I’m asking for a friend. Can a graduate from NOUN (national open university) apply for masters to Uk universities or any university abroad?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 10:06am On Mar 25, 2023
New passport bearing new age hmmm...so the age is different from the age(s) you used in your old passport. Guy you like cheating maybe all cheating join why you dey get refusal since. Better be truth in the current application and go get a court affidavit as to your date of birth. If you like get 1000 new passports just know say data base na data base. Goodluck and be truthful in your application

mckellenkins:
Thank you for ur respond. I just summited the questionnaire I had to answer NO. In the year 2015 I was denied by Germany so I did a new passport.

The year 2018 I applied for US with the new passport, which I was denied same year France refused me visa.

Now I have new passport, bearing new age, that is wat am using to apply for uk student visa.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 10:16am On Mar 25, 2023
Can a 33yrs of guy do a Bsc (top up degree)?

He applied for Msc and he got rejection from over 10 schools saying his Bsc certificate did not meet the requirements. PS, he graduated from a school in Benin Republic.

Adebimpefolake:
Pls am offered an unconditional offer in a university for B. A (top up) can I go with dependant.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2023
Fast citizenship or fast residence permit (green card)? Hmmm

Ifelajulo:

I will choose US.

Better pay after you finished your studies
Better opportunities
Faster citizenship than UK.

UK is Lagos PROMAX lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 11:08am On Mar 25, 2023
Greetings. How long did it take you to get offer from the Uni of Sussex?

imolemiimole:
Please who knows anything about university of Sussex? I’ve paid my tuition deposit though. I just want to know if they issue cas on time and their payment plan. I want to also know if they don’t stress people. Their lecture time and all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Priceless25: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2023
Priceless25:

Salford (deposit £5500).

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dukeofmilan19: 11:54am On Mar 25, 2023
Good Afternoon house. Please has anyone here applied to University of Westminster before?
How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Agame4091: 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.