Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1005599 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 12:07am On Jun 17, 2023
Make sure you maintain the required balance.
Superex:
Can I remove some few funds from my POF after printing out my account statement and submitting my visa application. Will there be any issues regarding that. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 12:29am On Jun 17, 2023
Serendipity01:

Mine is over 2 weeks now. It has not been easy refreshing my mail every second, application still at DMC and no communication. I know we will come back and testify by God's grace

How do you track the status. I've not yet done my biometrics but I have booked. Is it until I do my biometrics that the ECO will verify my details?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 12:30am On Jun 17, 2023
fastseo:
do they accept naira especially when you see the equivalent in naira

I tried that unsuccessfully. No Nigerian card worked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 12:32am On Jun 17, 2023
27autumn:
Please the page to upload the documents on the TLS site has not been going through all day. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Just did mine and it went swiftly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Maxine3445: 2:03am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello everyone. Please, how does one use this convera for payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Maxine3445: 2:05am On Jun 17, 2023
Are form A and BM rates the only methods for tuition payment pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fastseo: 3:25am On Jun 17, 2023
Superex:

I tried that unsuccessfully. No Nigerian card worked
what about taking the invoice to the bank to process
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imolemiimole: 3:40am On Jun 17, 2023
Good morning house. My husband who is the main applicant finished schooling and service in 2006/2007 respectively. The reference letter he used to gain admission was from his current work place where he’s been working for 7 years and that is the reference letter he submitted to ukvi. Will ukvi request for previous jobs evidences before 2015 he started his current job? He doesn’t have any. @duchess90 and other professionals please..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adcrown: 3:54am On Jun 17, 2023
Please for POF what does UKVI conside , is it date of biometric or date of submission of application.

I submitted my application on Thursday using 675 at this time Oanda rate was 588.

My biometrics is on Tues a nd the present Oanda rate for pounds is at 751.

Please can anyone assist to clarify this. I am worried and confused.

Also my biometrics is assisted service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by EggrolI: 5:23am On Jun 17, 2023
When you download your visa application form and checklist, you’ll see where it states “date of application” which also includes the exact time you applied. That is your application date and the date used to convert your currency.

Adcrown:
Please for POF what does UKVI conside , is it date of biometric or date of submission of application.

I submitted my application on Thursday using 675 at this time Oanda rate was 588.

My biometrics is on Tues a nd the present Oanda rate for pounds is at 751.

Please can anyone assist to clarify this. I am worried and confused.

Also my biometrics is assisted service.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fastseo: 6:05am On Jun 17, 2023
Superex:
Same here. This is actually the best option so far. Just a difference of around 28 naira from the Form A Oanda rate. Make I go pay asap and cancel that form A that has been loading since January.

please did you successfully pay through this method
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Marioboyz: 6:10am On Jun 17, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Serendipity01: 6:12am On Jun 17, 2023
Please which method are you referring to
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by atesun: 6:28am On Jun 17, 2023
Please is it a problem if I tell school I won't be bringing dependant during issuing of cas and later changed my mind after I got cas to bring in dependant when applying for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:37am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello

You can track your application after biometrics

2. The ECO will start to assess your application after it is transferred to the decision making centre (DMC)

Cheers
Superex:

How do you track the status. I've not yet done my biometrics but I have booked. Is it until I do my biometrics that the ECO will verify my details?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dy12345: 6:38am On Jun 17, 2023
Tinubu brought this evil policy at this tme & scattered people's POF calculations... 1GBP currently @ N748, and of which I don't believe this is the peak yet.. 1GBP likely to be 800+ before the end of next week... Lord have mercy o!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello

There's isn't a need to lie

If you are asked say the truth. The restrictions in bringing dependant starts from January 2024. Until then you are still entitled to do so

Cheers
atesun:
Please is it a problem if I tell school I won't be bringing dependant during issuing of cas and later changed my mind after I got cas to bring in dependant when applying for visa?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello

This question is best answered in the US thread

Cheers
Just4000:
Good evening house,

Please how soon can one reapply for US visa when they are been denied?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:41am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello

He should be fine with the current reference he has

Cheers
imolemiimole:
Good morning house. My husband who is the main applicant finished schooling and service in 2006/2007 respectively. The reference letter he used to gain admission was from his current work place where he’s been working for 7 years and that is the reference letter he submitted to ukvi. Will ukvi request for previous jobs evidences before 2015 he started his current job? He doesn’t have any. @duchess90 and other professionals please..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Maxine3445: 6:54am On Jun 17, 2023
@ Superex, Please what is the best method for the school fees payment apart from form A
Anyone can answer too. Please help o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by governorudeh: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Your bank statement is valid for 31days so you must attend your biometrics before the 31st day of printing it

Where that falls between doing it same month or the next month doesn't matter and that decision is entirely yours

Best advice is to submit your documents as close enough to your biometrics day

Cheers

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 7:19am On Jun 17, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Make sure you maintain the required balance.
What if it's to pay for the Visa and IHS only.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 7:48am On Jun 17, 2023
Soft2020:
Hi,

My POF is 15days today but am scared about the exchange rate. I used 600 for calculation (17m) MA and dependent. Can I starting another POF for myself? She will use the 17m to get her CAs and process her visa while I use the new pof for my visa
This is exactly what I did. I had a joint POF with my partner but because of the surge in rate, I'll only use it to get CAS and visa. My partner already commenced her POF in her own bank account yesterday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 8:00am On Jun 17, 2023
Maxine3445:
Hello everyone. Please, how does one use this convera for payment
U fill the form and thereafter u will be given Payment instruction with a reference number that will bear the account details where u pay to. U can then go ahead and pay into the account with form A or using the black market.
U can track your payment on the site.
Meanwhile don't bother to choose the payment quote in naira as it will not go through.
Also if u want your payment instruction to reflect in pounds, select UK as the country u are paying from. If u choose that u are paying from Nigeria, payment instruction will come in dollar equivalent of your fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eddiecute86(m): 8:10am On Jun 17, 2023
Knowledgeispowe:

Yes Gtb prepaid dollar can be used upto $5,000 quarterly
Ok thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Maxine3445: 8:11am On Jun 17, 2023
Thank you so much
heykims:

U fill the form and thereafter u will be given Payment instruction with a reference number that will bear the account details where u pay to. U can then go ahead and pay into the account with form A or using the black market.
U can track your payment on the site.
Meanwhile don't bother to choose the payment quote in naira as it will not go through.
Also if u want your payment instruction to reflect in pounds, select UK as the country u are paying from. If u choose that u are paying from Nigeria, payment instruction will come in dollar equivalent of your fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JaySterling: 8:11am On Jun 17, 2023
I just tried to initiate Form A payment, and 3 banks said the £ rate is now between 780/1£ to 790/£1 due to Tinubu’s/CBN monetary policy

Omo…this is bad for international student

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ObaOfEsan: 8:20am On Jun 17, 2023
Serendipity01:

Mine is over 2 weeks now. It has not been easy refreshing my mail every second, application still at DMC and no communication. I know we will come back and testify by God's grace

Hold on please, u mean your application has been on DMC stage for over 2 weeks now ? shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kbpresh: 8:23am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello @duchess90

Please do you have an idea how long it takes to correct an error on the vignette after it's been returned? It is a passport number error.

Also, is it a problem if a spouse's initials are switched on a dependant's visa? Instead of A B Surname, it's B A Surname.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Marioboyz: 8:34am On Jun 17, 2023
Does anyone know if UKVI will care enough to address the recent surge in pounds to naira rate, considering most people are affected by this ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.