Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? (44357 Views)

Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. / Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo / She Married My Best Man Without Divorcing Me - Nigerian Husband Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Tradanse(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2022
God Bless You Brother! firstly u are unique and precious in the eyes of God. whatever you are going through will surely come to an end. I was in a similar situation and YES, i believe you when u say the thought of suicide has been an option. My advice is take that off your mind. it wont solve anything. God loves you and will never leave you. think about this. are u sure God is testing you or testing those around you. Just think about it. would you be lonely and depressed, hungry and angry if you had all the money in the world ? , or you have all the money to afford anything you want? I'm sure your answer is NO. So allow God work's manifest in your life. God tends to gain more when he recieves praises from your mouth and heart. so please be encouraged and dont give up.
Now if your wife wishes to go, please allow her. She needs time to really think things through. You also need time to rediscover yourself. If she loves you and its the will of God then she'll be back. You also need some space. space to think properly and pray.
On the loan apps my advice is look at these as debts you will eventually pay. Dont stress yourself too much. the worse these loan apps can do is what the have already done. malign you to your contacts. they wont go beyond that. so please dont kill yourself over them. YOU WILL PAY THEM EVENTULLY. Being in debt is not a crime. believe me i know cos i have been there.
Finally look for something , a venture , a business that really pays . something that can take you out of all these issues in a short time. My advise is to go into something that will allow you earn in dollars.
Finally i will help you by tutoring you on how you can earn in dollars here in nigeria. $ is now N710. Imagine earning $10-$20 daily. I'm sure after a month you will be confident to start your life again. As my way to help i will give you all this information for FREE. My little way in helping you out of whatever you are facing right now. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL COS I HAVE BEEN THERE.
God bless you. U CAN CALL ME HERE 09087897648
Antihypocrite:
I have been married for 3 years now, I have known my wife for 5 years altogether. She was and is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

I don't know where to start from, I can't come to terms with the fact that my wife is leaving.

Guys, I think the problem started last year after some hoodlums stole my bike. That was my major source of livelihood apart from some home lessons that I used to do, but stopped due to health reasons.

It's been difficult financially and I honestly don't know what else to do.

Shortly after my bike was stolen, I got a loan from lapo and added with my little savings to enter palm oil business. I wish I had not done so as I ended up losing about 80k because the guy I worked with cheated me whole heartedly.

My wife had to get a job as a teacher in a private primary school. I told her it was just temporary as I was working to raise money for her start a poultry.

In order to clear the lapo loan, I had to do odd jobs and take loan from loan apps. My wife's little salary of 20k became the major source of feeding while I battled to clear the loan.

Sometimes I would borrow from friends to pay the loan app to be able to borrow a higher amount from the loan apps again. This was a mistake and a trap cos now I am so much indebted to these loan apps. I am even owing some friends and right now I am unable to pay back.

I have been in debt for over 8 months now to these loan apps. They have tarnished my Image to all my contacts.

I even stopped going to church because most of my church members who received messages from these loan apps did not even care to hear me out. They believed the loan apps that I am a fraudster on the run.

My wife started feeling ashamed of me. She stopped associating with me in public spaces. I know she has tried. Nobody deserves to pass through what she is passing through.

This afternoon when she came back from work, she told me that she would be going back to her parents house

She said that it is best she goes back to her people until I am able to sort my self out.

Guys I have tried to be strong for so long. Right now I don't think I can hold on anymore. I have always believed that things would turn out well, but right now I am in a low place. I don't know how long I can hold on again.

Last month I tried to even get a security job that pays 25k monthly. But I feel so discouraged to do the job. How long will I work to clear a loan of 320k that keeps adding interest daily.

Thoughts of suicide have been crossing my mind today. I really need help

What can I do? I don't even have the energy to pray. Has anyone ever been in my shoes? If yes how did you come out?
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by lizychimamanda(f): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2022
abuwidad:
Get her pregnant again
you well so? grin
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Tejis56(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2022
[quote author=Antihypocrite post=115491383]

Sir I heard they automatically debit accounts. I can't just forget it. [/quote
Guy go to your bank app, off transaction by web,leave only transaction on pos/atm on, they won't be able to debit u. Another advice don't borrow to payback loan.hustle and payback what you collected from them and the intial interest. The other ones na them sabi that 1

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2022
Sue the loan app for tarnishing your image. It's criminal offence to do that.

2 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Exedyne: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:
I have been married for 3 years now, I have known my wife for 5 years altogether. She was and is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

I don't know where to start from, I can't come to terms with the fact that my wife is leaving.

Guys, I think the problem started last year after some hoodlums stole my bike. That was my major source of livelihood apart from some home lessons that I used to do, but stopped due to health reasons.

Shortly after my bike was stolen, I got a loan from lapo and added with my little savings to enter palm oil business. I wish I had not done so as I ended up losing about 80k because the guy I worked with cheated me whole heartedly.

My wife had to get a job as a teacher in a private primary school. I told her it was just temporary as I was working to raise money for her start a poultry.

In order to clear the lapo loan, I had to do odd jobs and take loan from loan apps. My wife's little salary of 20k became the major source of feeding while I battled to clear the loan.

Sometimes I would borrow from friends to pay the loan app to be able to borrow a higher amount from the loan apps again. This was a mistake and a trap cos now I am so much indebted to these loan apps. I am even owing some friends and right now I am unable to pay back.

I have been in debt for over 8 months now to these loan apps. They have tarnished my Image to all my contacts.

I even stopped going to church because most of my church members who received messages from these loan apps did not even care to hear me out. They believed the loan apps that I am a fraudster on the run.

My wife started feeling ashamed of me. She stopped associating with me in public spaces. I know she has tried. Nobody deserves to pass through what she is passing through.

This afternoon when she came back from work, she told me that she would be going back to her parents house

She said that it is best she goes back to her people until I am able to sort my self out.

Guys I have tried to be strong for so long. Right now I don't think I can hold on anymore. I have always believed that things would turn out well, but right now I am in a low place. I don't know how long I can hold on again.

Last month I tried to even get a security job that pays 25k monthly. But I feel so discouraged to do the job. How long will I work to clear a loan of 320k that keeps adding interest daily.

What can I do? I don't even have the energy to pray. Has anyone ever been in my shoes? If yes how did you come out?

so you will stop going to church and stop walking with God because loan app call your contacts? nawa for you.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Pauladex(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
abuwidad:
Get her pregnant again
Ah ha
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by abuwidad(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
lizychimamanda:
you well so? grin

grin grin grin
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by BigDaddymusic: 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2022
Nobody is nobody, if she wants to go to her mum,let her go. Go start the security work,while at it wash your oga cars, do stuff.... keep your eyes open on opportunities. Mind you your current position is someone's prayer point ! Nobody is nobody . Believe in the ALMIy GOD.
slimjohn2k5:
She is not divorcing you but wise enough to give u time to sort yourself out.
25k with accomodation and feeding will go a long way. Start from somewhere

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by abokikhalifa: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
abuwidad:
Get her pregnant again

So that the suffering will increase abi ?
No difference between you and buhari. Una no get sense.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by November24(f): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Maan up...
Your wife dey ment...
Woman wey Love u go die with u

3 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by PrinceGallant: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
How I wished I can send you money to settle the debt but...
If you can see up a POS business, I think it will help you. Requirement to start the business is not so hard, and it is better than 40k salary job no matter how...
God loves us that is why He forbid us from taking or giving loan with interests (usury) but we ignorant think we are wise. Haven't you seen your life outside?
You can dm me if you can take the pos business

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by abuwidad(m): 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
Like I said before"Get her pregnant again"
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by abuwidad(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Thank you for associating me with Buhari
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by mhiztaNexy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2022
My brother, we are in this together. 320k is even small to what i owe loan apps and trust me, it wasn't intentional, life hit me bad in ways i could least imagine. I used to boast of not collecting any loan till i started with 6k, now its over 500k.

There was nothing i didnt face from them. Threats, messaging my contacts, calling my contacts and more. I won't lie i wanted to off myself but a thought came to my mind. "WHAT MORE CAN THEY DO THAN THEY HAVE DONE?, WILL I LET THIS DECIDE MY FATE?"

I accepted the shame, the pain and reality and i REAFFIRMED MYSELF AND SPOKE TO MYSELF THAT I WILL BECOME A BETTER PERSON AFTER ALL.

My brother, some people even screenshot the messages and posted on their status, asking who it was and these were people i called friends.

You see those people who believe you are a fraudster, leave them, let them believe, it won't change a thing and their opinion won't make you better.

Till now I'm in the debt shii but with a new me. I accepted my mistakes, learnt from it and working towards being a better person and most of all CONTROL YOUR MIND, DON'T LET YOUR MIND CONTROL YOU OR ELSE YOU WILL BE DEPRESSED.

Accept what ever has happened as a ladder to your greatness, accept who you are and work to be a better person.

Many that read your post are facing far worse, you are not alone. Let life take it's turn, yours will eventually come if you work towards it.

WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER AND WE SHALL OVERCOME. You can reach me privately if you need someone to talk to on daily basis.

7 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by olab059(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
OP, I've been in your shoes before...my debt was similar to yours, about 390k total, from 4 loan apps. One of them disgraced me by sending messages to very vital contacts, and made my case is even worse. I was planning on killing myself as the debt kept rising, and I didn't have any means of paying back.

I would pay back little by little every time I got money, but it wasn't much, and it was like trying to use basket to fetch water. This went on for like 2 years, and I thought things would never get better. But there was a little part of me that was optimistic. I just kept pushing...kept looking for ways to get money, kept praying, kept working, even though the money I was making wasn't that much at the time. Then one day, I collapsed. I ended up in the hospital for 4 weeks...I wasn't getting better, and I thought I was going to die.

Doctors didn't even know what was wrong with me...all the people I knew in the world came to my aid, making calls to special doctors to find out what was wrong with me, and they were also donating money. But still, I was getting worse. I kept praying, and then one day, all of a sudden, the thing that was wrong with me stopped, and I got better. I was discharged the next day, and I had 600k in my account from all the donations from people that I was meant to use for hospital bills, but I was no longer sick. The first thing I did was pay up all the debt, and from then on, things started getting really better for me. Imagine, even the loan app that sent disgraceful texts to my contacts keep calling me, asking when I will collect another loan. They still called me on Saturday, but I'm not going back.

What I will say is...you can hardly get out of the debt by your own power, and no one person can help you out of it. It takes divine intervention. I'm not saying you have to be super religious, cos I wasn't and still am not. But you just have to believe that that things will get better...while doing your best, just believe that something will happen to elevate you out of the mess you're in, and it will gradually happen, or happen all of a sudden all in one day. Just believe. But don't let the thought of the debt consume you, cos the more you think of your debt, the deeper you sink in it. Cos what you think about is what you attract. Just focus on getting money, and believe that things will work out.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Gabby2022: 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2022
I am owing 35 loan apps and i have peace of mind.kuda and money in minutes is over 200k and those bastard chinese loan sharks is peanuts let's say i am owing like 500k and i have peace of mind.When next they send defamatory messages to your contacts send a counter messages that the loan apps are fraudsters.If you need help with loan apps contact me,i will give you tips and tricks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by LegalWolf: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
JASONjnr:
There are many people that's going through your exact predicament but fought through and came out successful....

You sound educated and I will not feel pity for you ...

You should learn to plan better and sort things out without necessarily putting your neck on a hold....

Killing yourself won't solve the problem or make you manly... But overcoming it ..

My best shots to you... take whatever job you can and begin to sorry yourself gradually...

You spilled the exact words out of my mouth. From his writing, he sounds so educated. We just need to do better as a country so as to help our educated folks. This, however, does not mean the least educated are not deserving of the good things of life

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:
I How long will I work to clear a loan of 320k that keeps adding interest daily.

First thing, don’t borrow loan again.
Don’t worry about the loan, they have tarnished your image already.
They will beg you to pay the principal, and forgoe the interest. You can negotiate how you want to pay it the principal, ensure they put it in writing to forgoe the interest.

Next you will get hire purchase bike, pay small small. If you work hard, you will own the bike and have paid all your debt in two years.

Your wife is not leaving you, she only needs to rest, even you, you are ashamed of yourself.

Its just for a little while.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Vickho: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
abokikhalifa:

if you don't get his sarcasm then you need to go back to school.
Your moniker says it all Aboki
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by pgodson7(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
so long as u have been defamed, u shouldn't pay them anymore. the worst they can do is defame u bfr ur contacts. I was in a similar situation much earlier this year but now dey don't bother me anymore and I don't bother myself about paying them since they have defamed me. now i am using my income for better things rather than servicing endless loans that is almost impossible to pay off. try reaching out to me via inmail if you read this
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by 2gbaski007: 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
abuwidad:
Get her pregnant again

Haba na... Just go shoot him instead.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Number2(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
My brother I was in this same situation.

No matter how you try to explain to people how you owe so much to these stupid loan apps they won't understand. So stop explaining. Buy a new sim and turn off the sim people contact you with. Believe me it will help you reduce the pressure.

I know what I passed through. I just stopped giving a Bleep. I haven't paid them and they have stopped calling me.

That shit is embarrassing, so I don't blame your wife.

Allow her to leave. When you get your life together again, go get her.

Also change your church. Just reduce contact with people that you know have seen the message.

It's well bro.

2 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by APC2: 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2022
I cannot give you job but I can help you with a job if you have the qualifications. What is your highest academic qualification?

2 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by sp2002(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

face the hustle and be positive man
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by TheGift: 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
Dont kill yourself , people have come out of worse.

Let her know you understand. She should give you some time to sort yourself out as She has suggested.

The first thing you need to do is stop getting into debt so that things don't get even worse than they are.

The second thing you need to do is prioritize your debt repayment and negotiate payment terms that will reduce the pressure on you.

Now you need to think outside of the box. If your debt is 340k then you should be aiming to raise twice or thrice that, because you still have to live your life and sort your wife, hoping she doesn't leave you permanently. You need to find a way of making 70k from 10 people, 7k from 100 people, 700 naira from 1000 people or 70 naira from 10,000 people. You can do it. People who have done more don't have two heads. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
How God Can Be Glorified Through Your Life

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A85w6BJ0VmM
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by TheGift: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
What I will say is...you can hardly get out of the debt by your own power, and no one person can help you out of it. It takes divine intervention. I'm not saying you have to be super religious, cos I wasn't and still am not. But you just have to believe that that things will get better...while doing your best, just believe that something will happen to elevate you out of the mess you're in, and it will gradually happen, or happen all of a sudden all in one day. Just believe. But don't let the thought of the debt consume you, cos the more you think of your debt, the deeper you sink in it. Cos what you think about is what you attract. Just focus on getting money, and believe that things will work out.[/quote]

Let's try not to over spiritualize basic stuff. The best way to get out of debts is

1. Stop taking loans (except for profitable capital investment ) and

2. Be determined to pay your existing debts.

Doing the opposite was what got you in debt in the first place, not some devil or demon.

2 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by eminikansoso(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Where are you residing
I will tell you what business with little capital like #20000 to start and either curse or praise you will send me one after 2 months
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Munzy14(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

My only shock is how you summoned courage to go and marry without having a tangible something or say a job with security or even business with a bit of financial returns and capital intact.

You sound educated but lazy.

If you can do a Bike man business, You can as well do a security man Job to reedem yourself.

A serious minded man with a good lady behind him will have no business with loan app.

Your woman is teaching at least she is busy now.

You get busy and stop the cry..Two good heads are better than one.

The country is in a mess..Don't expect free meals..You must work for it..

No man who works at least 40hours a week will remain broke..Man you must man up! Before you lose a good woman.

She is not going to wait for you to fix your mess till eternity.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Number2(m): 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheGift:
Dont kill yourself , people have come out of worse.

Let her know you understand. She should give you some time to sort yourself out as She has suggested.

The first thing you need to do is stop getting into debt so that things don't get even worse than they are.

The second thing you need to do is prioritize your debt repayment and negotiate payment terms that will reduce the pressure on you.

Now you need to think outside of the box. If your debt is 340k then you should be aiming to raise twice or thrice that, because you still have to live your life and sort your wife, hoping she doesn't leave you permanently. You need to find a way of making 70k from 10 people, 7k from 100 people, 700 naira from 1000 people or 70 naira from 10,000 people. You can do it. People who have done more don't have two heads. Good luck.
easier said than done. You've never owed these loan apps so you don't know how it works.

Before this time next month the interest would have doubled to make that money over 600k.

OP if you try to pay these loan apps back, you might end up killing yourself because your debt will never finish

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by kuruf: 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
U still wan pay loan app wet tanished ur image?
My brother an bad debt.
Just move on n forget the loan
Antihypocrite:

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by easzypeaszy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

exact issue me n u dey but how I tk dey manage.
No pay dose loan app again
Ur frnds mk dem no vex
Allow her go her parent place frst na good idea
Comot fr dat visinity
Frgt any Image tarnish fu©k all yoh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better / Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.