Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras (56552 Views)

DSS Arrests Masterminds Of Imo INEC Attacks / Identities, Names Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre Released By CDS Irabor / Police Arrest 2 Pastors As Masterminds Of ESN’s Killings, Violence In South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by ivolt: 7:00am On Aug 10, 2022
MDM2021:

Ojo, Onimisi, Ojowu, Jimoh are names often borne by Yorubas. Check very well pls.

How is this relevant to my post?
You need relearn comprehension.
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Successlane: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2022
Desusi:
d
There are two category of criminals here. The kidnappers which are mostly ebiras dwelling with ondo peoples for so long,then then the terrorists who are only interested in killing opponents to their religion of pricks.

Oh not FULANI HERDSMEN again
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by ArewaNorth: 7:26am On Aug 10, 2022
powerfulguy:
OWO TERROR ATTACK: GOV AKEREDOLU CONFIRMS ARREST OF ATTACKERS

•Warns Ebiras In Ondo Against Venturing Into Kidnapping

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0YLMriAk93nvVyk8fa8xh39SZdD4LQoGr25cKYUQRuzCTSLRfLoY6jbWXgSCS1jS7l&id=100044230756186

This is why we have to be careful with insensitive statements and reckless suspicion. Amotekoun claimed to have arrested about 72 people some days after the attack and since then nothing comes out of it.
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by ArewaNorth: 7:29am On Aug 10, 2022
richiemcgold:
I remember I said it here that those attackers probably came in through kogi or Edo. I also pointed out that ondo state may continue to experience similar attacks if both kogi and edo state govs don't have similar passion to fight bandits and terrorists like akeredolu.

Keep quite. No state in Nigeria has done much in terms of internal security structure like Kogi State despite being very vast. What has Ondo done that prevent the attacks?
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by ZombieSlayer1: 7:34am On Aug 10, 2022
backnbeta:

Because of Idris Ojo? Who confirmed his identity? Don't judge a book by its cover. Besides, Ebira is not Yoruba undecided
Ebira is Yoruba, don't deny your brothers because they've not joined ISWAP. If an ebira man made a great invention you'll rush to claim it for the Yoruba race.
Also, there were reports that some of the kuje prison attackers spoke ebira
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Naajjii: 7:36am On Aug 10, 2022
bonechamberlain:
angry When there is a sign that Fulanis aren't involved in a successful terrorist and criminal act, the Nigerian security apparatus becomes very active and effective in arresting, exposing the names of the terrorists and even parading them on TV.

This same vigour and energy should be used to investigate uncountable number of killings carried out by Fulani militias all over Nigeria arrest them, print their names, parade them and sentenced them to jail or better still kill them immediately.

Its a good news these guys were arrested, I hope they get the death penalty instantly.

It would be a better news if their sponsors are also arrested and their motive for the killings stated, hopefully this would be unveiled as more investigations are carried out.
Without doubt you are an nyamiri.
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Stargangz: 7:41am On Aug 10, 2022
Ketamine9000mg:

Are you mad?
Ur papa dey mad, ori e ti gbale, alakori oshi
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 10, 2022
richiemcgold:
I remember I said it here that those attackers probably came in through kogi or Edo. I also pointed out that ondo state may continue to experience similar attacks if both kogi and edo state govs don't have similar passion to fight bandits and terrorists like akeredolu.
Baba na lie jare.
Audio arrest.
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Christistruth00: 7:51am On Aug 10, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Keep quite. No state in Nigeria has done much in terms of internal security structure like Kogi State despite being very vast. What has Ondo done that prevent the attacks?

Ondo Gov Akeredolu is the Champion of the Amotekun Corps

He has also ordered all unauthorized person's out of Ondo forests
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by obotematics: 7:57am On Aug 10, 2022
I have always been of the opinion that crime doesn't just happen.There must be collaboration.Imagine the owner of a house where this heinous crime was hatched. Where there no suspicious movements and meetings? God bless Nigerian security forces and Thier families
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Christistruth00: 8:00am On Aug 10, 2022
backnbeta:

Because of Idris Ojo? Who confirmed his identity? Don't judge a book by its cover. Besides, Ebira is not Yoruba undecided

Even the SE bear Ojo

Or is Ojo Maduekwe Nigeria's former Foreign Minister not from SE Imo State again?

Ojo,Bisi,Ife,Ofili,Jide, Oke, Keji are some of the few names that both Yorubas and Igbos bear

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by diadem10: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is one of the numerous atrocities those who hate President Buhari always tag with his Fulani tribe out of bigotry and deliberate mudslinging to create hatred between the Fulani and their hosts. I hope Igboho too will hear this news that it is the cousins of the Yoruba that are sabotaging the lives of their Yoruba extended relatives and not the Fulani he kept attacking till he landed in trouble with FG and then Benin Republic govt.

The govt should do thorough investigation to ensure that no innocent person is lumped with the alleged killers.This is a very serious case!

But for the diligence of the army ,DSS and the State Government, it would have been another attempt to drag in the Fulanis.

The Governor admitted that kidnapped victims have been hidden in Ebira farmsteads but kept it under wrap while people keep watching out for the herdsmen.

The Governor should not stop at the appeal, he should do an audit of the farms and put surveillance in place there and any Ebira caught should be paraded before the Ebira community as well since the Ebira do not promote crime as a culture.

Ondo State govt. should also embark on mass enlightenment to encourage the Ebira to come forward with intelligence.
It is no brainer that the killers had a collaborator living among the Owo people.
We really need to find out the main reason they killed those innocent people in the church. It was completely unwarranted and unfortunate.
May the souls of those killed rest in peace.
The success of this investigation with the evidence that we could have averted that sad incident is a testament to how we can unite to prevent enemies of Nigeria gain a foothold anywhere they gather.
God bless Nigeria for ever.
check my signature for freebies!

Still don't believe this until they show us their face. These Ebira men must tell us the reason why they did such, as well as justice is met on them.

Meanwhile, Fulani are not innocent. We've seen armed Fulani men without purpose invading the town unnecessarily. These are what we've seen with our two eyes. What about the king that was killed by Fulani? Or the king and his wards abducted recently by Fulani kidnappers?

Heck, Gumi their general chief bandit is walking free till now. Let's be truthful most times abeg. I abhor all criminals regardless of their tribes because I know no country can develop where criminals thrive.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Emmanueltrinity(f): 8:17am On Aug 10, 2022
stuffs4me:

See as this one is foaming at the mouth because someone stated the obvious truth.

Let me tell you another truth to spoil your mind even more.

YHUR Pandora criminal Obi will never win so you better get ready and start your beerfraud agitations.
simple questions I want to ask you . 1 do you think I am from the east 2. how many years will the agbado and cassava last for you or even the 30k the promise you 3. I guess you're a Christian why do you support a jihad advocate
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by PS712: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is one of the numerous atrocities those who hate President Buhari always tag with his Fulani tribe out of bigotry and deliberate mudslinging to create hatred between the Fulani and their hosts. I hope Igboho too will hear this news that it is the cousins of the Yoruba that are sabotaging the lives of their Yoruba extended relatives and not the Fulani he kept attacking till he landed in trouble with FG and then Benin Republic govt.

The govt should do thorough investigation to ensure that no innocent person is lumped with the alleged killers.This is a very serious case!

But for the diligence of the army ,DSS and the State Government, it would have been another attempt to drag in the Fulanis.

The Governor admitted that kidnapped victims have been hidden in Ebira farmsteads but kept it under wrap while people keep watching out for the herdsmen.

The Governor should not stop at the appeal, he should do an audit of the farms and put surveillance in place there and any Ebira caught should be paraded before the Ebira community as well since the Ebira do not promote crime as a culture.

Ondo State govt. should also embark on mass enlightenment to encourage the Ebira to come forward with intelligence.
It is no brainer that the killers had a collaborator living among the Owo people.
We really need to find out the main reason they killed those innocent people in the church. It was completely unwarranted and unfortunate.
The success of this investigation with the evidence that we could have averted that sad incident is a testament to how we can unite to prevent enemies of Nigeria gain a foothold anywhere they gather.
The governor was careful with words he selected to use, except you mean one didn't understand what was said and written, Aketi didn't state the identity of the terrorists, likewise the Defence Hqtrs, he only presented two cases of insecurity in Ondo state, one being 'unknown gunmen' now 'known gunmen' attack of a church in Owo and the second being kidnapping, where he disclosed the identity of the kidnappers, part of their modus operandi and further continued to appeal to elders of ethnic group of the identified kidnappers. He didn't mix terrorist attack with kidnapping please.
You shouldn't try to muddle up things if you do not have a bias you are trying to project.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by pedrilo: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2022
this story is unclear.
the governor talked abt kidnapping but the owo was a massacre not actually a case of kidnapping.
have i lost my senses?
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by SIMONEKPA7: 9:18am On Aug 10, 2022
gawu1:

If you had not made those comments while on influence of npkurummeri, you would have known that those ipob pigs terrorists of afgniEastern are Christians. It is Never recorded in any history that terrorists cannibalised their victims, except ipob pig terrorists. What a dangerous beings!
Or are saying those Christian Catholics who murdered over 400,000 children and women of indigenous Canadians between 1889 and 1996 were not Christians? For over 400 years Christians traded black African people as commodities, over 30 millions of Africans were killed during the period. Led and encouraged by European Christian crusaders, 90% population of indigenous Americans were exterminated by Christian European plantation farmers.
Adolf Hitler and European Christian leaders caused the death of over 60million persons all over the world in their superiority game which they later tagged as world wars.
If you don't know, know it today that the founder of Christianity, Soul who later took to the name Paul after masterminded killing of your god, Jesus was a terrorist.
I urge you to go read about origin of world terrorism. You will know better which people and religion thrived on terrorism.
1889....compare to what your barbarians are doing in this century....shame on you
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by stuffs4me(m): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2022
Emmanueltrinity:
simple questions I want to ask you . 1 do you think I am from the east 2. how many years will the agbado and cassava last for you or even the 30k the promise you 3. I guess you're a Christian why do you support a jihad advocate

1) You are from the east but like a typical SE, you are denying your own tribe
2) Agbado and cassava are staple food all over black Africa. Even your akpu is made from cassava but a typical mpuru mirri CANNIBAL would deny that.
3) I am not a Christian but I expect sane and good Christians to vote out that EVIL&WICKED LIAR called Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by AlphaTaikun: 10:16am On Aug 10, 2022
powerfulguy:
OWO TERROR ATTACK: GOV AKEREDOLU CONFIRMS ARREST OF ATTACKERS

•Warns Ebiras In Ondo Against Venturing Into Kidnapping

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0YLMriAk93nvVyk8fa8xh39SZdD4LQoGr25cKYUQRuzCTSLRfLoY6jbWXgSCS1jS7l&id=100044230756186
This is great intel from the security agents. The Ebiras [not Ibos as wrongly claimed] are the second largest ethnicity in Ondo and Ekiti States after the Yorubas and direct neighbors with direct land boundaries at Kogi axis with Yorubas. They have always lived in peace and intermarried with Yorubas and speak fluent Yoruba.

So the bad elements among the Ebiras who are into crime and membership of BH should be fished out ASAP.

1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by meritadavize1(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2022
I pray u die in their hands
SIMONEKPA7:

Goat....go tell your Ebira people to stop terrorism.... Go to ABU Zaria and see how your people have become radicalized and smelling of terrorism...it's a matter of time before the whole of Ebira land become terrorist zones
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by AlphaTaikun: 10:28am On Aug 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

But for the diligence of the army, DSS and the State Government, it would have been another attempt to drag in the Fulanis.

@FreeStuffsNG,
I enjoy some of your posts on NL but you are very wrong with the bolded above. It was the rogue elements among the Fulanis that attacked Oyo State communities repeatedly and this is the reason Igboho rose up to challenge them. Even Fulanis have been arrested in Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti States have been arrested the recent past.

The daughter of Chief Reuben Fasoronti, the Afenifere leader was killed by Fulanis and they have been charged to court. Please try to update yourself on these FACTS.

Even Chief Olu Falae's attackers in Akure, Ondo State were rogue Fulani elements who invaded his large farms repeatedly.
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by SIMONEKPA7: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2022
meritadavize1:
I pray i die in their hands

Shame on you instead of castigating your tribes men you are praying for yourself to die in their hands.
Bloody terrorist like... i guess you are eager to go fukk your 77 virgins in hell as promised
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Satazaa: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2022
Nejy:
Currently typing from the village. The four people that got arrested or would i rather say kidnapped? by the security agents at night on August 1st, 2022 (Barely 2 days after the school they are all students and members of held their graduation ceremony) from Eika-Ohizenyi, "I swear to God" are innocents. Two of them are ss two students going to ss three (Teenagers o), One is an apprentice in a drug store at Inoziomi and the other one which is the oldest of them popularly called Labman is a lab technician who doubled as a secretary to the school. I'm bewildered when I saw their names as the master mind of the OWO terrorist attack. And this have further make me lose trust in our security agents (They lack credibility, walahi). The name of the Village is Eika-Ohizenyi (Google map can help you if you want to verify) in Okehi LGA of Kogi State.
I do hope this is true, if they are innocent then they will be set free eventually and if not they should face the consequences of thier unforgiving acts of the mindless crime to their host communities, I am ebira and in us you will find one of the most hard-working, diligent and peaceful set of humans you will ever find, of course we do abhor injustice and cheating and few of us can be quite temperamental, I am proud to say that we have singlehandedly been at the heart of food security in yorubaland and they too has been quite hospitable to us undecided
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Satazaa: 11:07am On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:

Ebira people re the most wicked tribe in Nigeria. That's how they killed my friend onozutu - who is even from their town. They also like fighting
Mr senseless so there has never been any killings in your native town? undecided
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by backnbeta(f): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

Ebira is Yoruba, don't deny your brothers because they've not joined ISWAP. If an ebira man made a great invention you'll rush to claim it for the Yoruba race.
Also, there were reports that some of the kuje prison attackers spoke ebira
You sure don't know much about the ethnic breakdown of this country. Kogi state itself is a mismatch of ethnic groups! Igala, Ebira, and Okun (a Yoruba Group) with others such as Bassa Nge of Bassa L.G.A, Kupa and Kakanda speakers, who are a people of Nupe extraction under Lokoja. Again, Ebira is not Yoruba.

Christistruth00:

Even the SE bear Ojo

Or is Ojo Maduekwe Nigeria's former Foreign Minister not from SE Imo State again?

Ojo,Bisi,Ife,Ofili,Jide, Oke, Keji are some of the few names that both Yorubas and Igbos bear
Ojo is not synonymously Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Satazaa: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2022
Oizee:
I can't blame u for ur hate, bcuz it seems it was a deep personal loss to u, for u to have made him ur friend meant he was kind of good, there are still his type like that plenty even though u haven't met any again. Why generalisation?
please ignore him because that tells you he is a Stark illiterate and a bigot, since you have not layed out the circumstances of your friend death why make sweeping generalization undecided
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Satazaa: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2022
Orch1981:

Bro you don't know ebira people just ask anybody from kogi state they will tell you this people are devil incarnate
why don't you tell us where you are from and see if I will not have something to say about your ethnicity cry
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by alizma: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2022
Treadway:
Report says some of the killers have been arrested and also talked about a word of advice the Gov gave the Ebira community who intel suggests are joining the kidnapping business. Where did the report say that the now arrested killers at Owo massacre were Ebira?? Read calmly and properly folks!
The names mentioned are mostly Ebira, I have been heart broken since yesterday. Don't struggle hard trying to deny the fact, the earlier we accept the fact and talk to our people just like the governor did, the better. The government owe Nigerians a comprehensive investigation to unravel the motive behind the killing, if ISWAP want to attack, why using a set of people from almost one local government? I still believe there is more to this whole thing.
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Satazaa: 11:27am On Aug 10, 2022
Orch1981:
In okene a vehicle hit there goat and the goat die they ask every body to come down and they born the car in my present
This people are very very wicked believe me and they enjoy fight like food especially during there festival
did you bother to enquire how citizens of the town has been killed by reckless driving? they only did that as a deterrence and since then drivers driving through the town before the bypass was made became very careful and the heavy duty truck drivers and the Dangote utility trucks who used to crush our citizens with reckless abandon became extremely careful with thier driving undecided
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2022
If there were IPOB you will see their pictures everywhere
I still don’t understand how can someone involved in kuje prison break be involved in Owo massacre too?
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by ZombieSlayer1: 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
backnbeta:

You sure don't know much about the ethnic breakdown of this country. Kogi state itself is a mismatch of ethnic groups! Igala, Ebira, and Okun (a Yoruba Group) with others such as Bassa Nge of Bassa L.G.A, Kupa and Kakanda speakers, who are a people of Nupe extraction under Lokoja. Again, Ebira is not Yoruba.

Ojo is not synonymously Yoruba
When election comes you lump them under Yoruba but when they commit crimes they're no longer Yoruba.
Same way one slowpoke on this forum was trying to say ijebu aren't really Yoruba because of a post where an ijebu man murdered his wife and kids.
Funny lots.

Ebira is a Yoruba sub-tribe
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by backnbeta(f): 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

When election comes you lump them under Yoruba but when they commit crimes they're no longer Yoruba.
Same way one slowpoke on this forum was trying to say ijebu aren't really Yoruba because of a post where an ijebu man murdered his wife and kids.
Funny lots.

Ebira is a Yoruba sub-tribe
Keep wallowing in your ignorance bro... whatever rocks your boat undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird / 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 / Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.