Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. (2085 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by tnenge(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2022
Am enjoying every bit of my marriage but the only problem am having is the case of my mother inlaw's excessive demands.
My wife and I are blessed with two kids. I realized that she has being the one giving her mom clues as to when I have money because we operate a joint account. I have tried talking to her peacefully but she mostly over discuss our conversation with the mom? How can I resolve this without painting my self black before her people?
Cc lalasticlala

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2022
Be a man and put everybody in their place , don’t be a walkover else it will affect your whole family in the nearest future. Be firm and upright, take decisions and protect your family (you, your wife and kids) . No weak man has ever had a successful home, it’s the reason I detest weak men. I wish you luck.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by BigDick70inch(m): 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2022
tnenge:
Am enjoying every bit of my marriage but the only problem am having is the case of my mother inlaw's excessive demands.
My wife and I are blessed with two kids. I realized that she has being the one giving her mom clues as to when I have money because we operate a joint account. I have tried talking to her peacefully but she mostly over discuss our conversation with the mom? How can I resolve this without painting my self black before her people?
Cc lalasticlala

Jux grow sum balls and give a stern warning......be a man!!!
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by abuwidad(m): 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2022
Marry her join things go set grin grin grin
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2022
tnenge:
Cc lalasticlala

just say NO, and stand by your words... whether your MIL likes it or not. its obvious your wife stands by her instead of the family.

better to be seen as an unsensitive person, than being taken for a fool (in your own home).

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Danibonk(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2022
Bro never operate a joint account with your woman. My wife do make sure I spend my salary finish before she will stop asking me for money she use to check my last account debit. Now I don wise I have like 3 Accounts she did not know

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by KashApp: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2022
Well, I don't know your wife sha but let me advise you.... Be a man and make it clear that you don't have (in a calm manner) when next she ask. Tell her that things are hard right and fixing things. Lemme tell you, if things fails or doesn't work anymore for you, na dat kain person dey mock pass and start comparing you to other people.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2022
Danibonk:
Bro never operate a joint account with your woman. My wife do make sure I spend my salary finish before she will stop asking me for money she use to check my last account debit. Now I don wise I have like 3 Accounts she did not know

you mean you are scared of telling your wife what time it is? why would you need to hide shiit from her? is it that difficult for you to explain to your wife that it aint happening and/or to tell her NO?!
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Zonefree(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2022
Out of all your family members, it's only your wife that is not your relative. Place your wife where she belongs before she destroy you. A word is enough for a simp.

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by doctorexcel: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2022
My MIL was just like that too. Always demanding and trying to be assertive in my home. I told her in clear terms respectfully that i only respect and value her because of my wife and not over reach her importance. She was angry and i ignore for few months. Now she is the one that ask of me whenever she calls and she now seek my consent before making a demand of my wife. Bro stand your ground, even if it mean facing your wife's anger for few days. Ignore her tantrums, make provisions for your needs (food,laundry) and then watch everything go to the way it is suppose to be.

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Romanoff(f): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2022
It's your wife that iss not on the same page with you about your finances.

That's where your problem lies.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Reinamaria(f): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2022
Don't ever be compelled to do beyond yourself.
You can be generous (according to your capacity) without overdoing it, and still retain the respect and love they have for you.
Also, stop being a people pleaser.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by proff010: 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2022
Whenever you feel saying No say it with authority you are a man.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by tonicyril: 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2022
tnenge:
Cc lalasticlala
And u re an elderly man ooh
U said u re enjoying every minute of ur marriage whereas ur home is burning from the roof grin
Ok ooh, sha no let them kill u, and if they mistakenly do(i mean mistakenly ooh), then its a case of one spanner lost.

Dem no go even kill u sef cus u re mechanically useful to them.

A no know how person dey open joint account with wife, man wey dey fear to work hard or hustle hard na dem dey open joint account with woman in my own premolition

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by yemmit90: 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2022
Nawa for you o, how can you be operating a joint account with a woman, I only see that in the movies.

If you want to live long and have meaningful investments in your old age, go and open another account for yourself and stop doing unnecessary father Xmas to your inalw.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2022
Your fiancee suddenly became your wife and you suddenly have 2 kids already when just 2 months ago you were asking for advice as your neighbor was trying to blackmail you.

https://www.nairaland.com/7244051/nairalander-blackmail

This is wonderful!

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2022
tnenge:
Cc lalasticlala

Let me get you right, you said she is ever demanding therefore i conclude she is directly asking from you, if wife was the one giving out i think you would have its your wife giving outn

I suggest you learn to say No and dont be used as if are now her husband. Her husband or whoever was responsible for is still is with, taking advantage of you as son
in law. Being married to her daughter doesnt mean she becames youe full responsibility

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by yuping(m): 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2022
tnenge:
Cc lalasticlala
Block her simple.
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by tnenge(m): 7:26pm On Aug 11, 2022
When the second child came last week we fast track everything. Due to the nature of how we got married, my mother-in-law has been using it in full blast to give me that over billing sir.
Arkmanbuddy:
Your fiancee suddenly became your wife and you suddenly have 2 kids already when just 2 months ago you were asking for advice as your neighbor was trying to blackmail you.

This is wonderful!
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Richy4(m): 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hmmm!!!! I dey envy some of you guys that operates joint account...I guess I will come and get some tips from you guys on a rainy day..because as u are teaching me, the rain will be washing the whole info away ... abeg I no fit shout cheesy...

<<But OP, just maybe both of you can decide to open an individual debit account each...she will have hers while u have yours...and still maintain the joint account....
<<you can decide on how much that can go into the joint account...
<<both of you can decide that out of her earnings, she can put in 40% into the joint account while you put in 60%.
<<With that you will have rest of mind...
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by tnenge(m): 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

This is wonderful!
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Baronthecelebri: 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2022
tnenge:
Cc lalasticlala
. then divorce her
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by bummyla(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2022
Stop picking your mother in-law's calls. Or mute your phone's mic any time you are with on the phone.
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by md17: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2022
What tribe are you and the mother-in-law? Are you a Christian or not? This will inform the kind of advice you’ll get, otherwise it’ll just be a lot of random opinion that may get you more confused.
tnenge:
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by dollytino4real(f): 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2022
U do dem go talk, u no do dem go still talk, so close dat joint account or stop putting money there! tell her u will divorce her if she does not stop carrying ur Mata to d mum, she will sit up and shut up as well then thank me later
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by wunmi590(m): 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2022

Don't start what you can't finish....

I guess you were doing it, when you were courting your wife, so it continued after you have married her.....
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by frozen70(f): 12:51am On Aug 13, 2022
tnenge:
Cc lalasticlala

Put a stop to this demands, if she wants to carry he will be daughter let her come and carry her

Forget how your mother inlaw will feel if you change your mind towards her

After all, you are not owing them
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Zico777(m): 1:20am On Aug 13, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

This is wonderful!
grin una be diggers 4 here o!
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Channah1(f): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2022
Zonefree:
Out of all your family members, it's only your wife that is not your relative. Place your wife where she belongs before she destroy you. A word is enough for a simp.

How is she not his relative? abi akamu block your brain?

Why give such advice? Did he twll you his wife is his problem?

Instead of telling him to deal withmain issue ( mother inlaw) you're telling him to put his wife in her place. What place exactly?
Mtchew.
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by victor9jaar: 11:09am On Aug 13, 2022
NO. so simple.
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by Channah1(f): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2022
Op, handle this issue like a man by telling your mother inlaw, you've got your immediate family to cater for and can no longer afford to cater for others needs on a regular basis.
Re: Help!!! My Mother Inlaw Is Over Demanding From Me. by etrouble: 9:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
tnenge:
Cc lalasticlala

Only a foolish man will have only one account which is known to his wife.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice, I'm So Depressed. / Her Husband Told Her To Pack / My Wifes Male Course Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.