Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? (14982 Views)

Do You Fake Been A Christian An An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by care4you: 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2022
Proudly atheist!

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Of course!
Although there are two kinds of satanism
1. The religious/spiritual satanism:
They actually replace God with a spirit entity "Satan"
2. The irreligious satanism:
They replace God with self

And they all still fall under THEISM.
You are proving the point yourself that’s because you don’t know what “theism” means
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by sylve11: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
thesicilian:

I don't really think it's shame that makes them to keep their beliefs to themselves, I think it's more of the fact that most people are generally judgemental and the moment they find out that you don't serve "their God", their attitude towards you might change in a flash. Not to mention the fact that at some point you just get tired of arguing with people

Don't think, it's the truth.

You will be hated when you don't believe in their god. embarassed cool
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LeHMaR(m): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maybe, if Religious people can just accept that not everyone will be into religion pike them, and just let Athiest be when they say they are Athiest... Don't judge, Don't try to convert me, I feel that Religion is dog shit, dumbest invention ever but i don't go around trying to make people athiest. Try go into Religious debate with them and their only reference point is their book, how dumb is that?... That part is astonishing, i just told you I don't believe in Religion, what the hell makes you feel that i believe in the book that comes with it?...
Remove judgement's day punishment, make we see how many people go remain..
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by sylve11: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
thesicilian:

But the term "reasonable" is a very subjective one. It's like the numbers 6 and 9, most of the time it all depends on what angle you're looking at it from.
A truly reasonable person should be able to listen to another person's point of view without having preconceived notions of ignorance on the part of the other party.

i like this. cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
Roycemadeit:

Fortunately atheism is not belief
Atheism is a belief!

A belief is a position a person takes when he has sufficient but incomplete information to truly know!

I know that 2+4 is SIX
I don't have to believe that 2+4 is six because I have a complete information of how 2+4 is six. I will be correct 100% of the time for this position!

A belief is based on a probability howbeit high but not 100%

Does an atheist truly KNOW that the Creator doesn't exist OR he has come to a position he considers as reasonable probability to take a position?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Phraences: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
If u dey leave for face me I face you, naim worse pass. sad Dem go they monitor you every Sunday whether you go church or not. Monitoring spirits!!!!!!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Atheism is a belief!

A belief is a position a person takes when he has sufficient but incomplete information to truly know!

I know that 2+4 is SIX
I don't have to believe that 2+4 is six because I have a complete information of how 2+4 is six. I will be correct 100% of the time for this position!

A belief is based on a probability howbeit high but not 100%

Does an atheist truly KNOW that the Creator doesn't exist OR he has come to a position he considers as reasonable probability to take a position?

Your logic also goes for those that calls themselves “believers”?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by sylve11: 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2022
CandyOps:

I don't understand you, bros. It's like saying, "since you like smoking why don't you smoke openly and walk around with a lighter everywhere you go."

Perception is everything bro. How people see you and the image you project is everything. So if Nigerians see an irreligious person as 'satanic' why would I want to associate myself to that image?

Even Jay-Z said, "Niggas couldn't do nothing with me; they put the devil on me
I'd have preferred niggas to squeeze the metal on me"

Christians tend to talk down on Moslems for being radical especially when you blasphem. But they on the other hand cant stand it when someone becomes illuminated and sees religion for what it is. They'll literally bannish you amongst them.

See what they (religious people) did to Salman Rushdie because of a novel he wrote decades ago called The Satanic Verses.

I don't engage superstitious folks at all.
I don't like to be a bearer of bad news.

Because accepting a new truth has stages.

Every problem passes through three stages on the way to acceptance: First, it appears laughable; second, it is fought against; third, it is considered self-evident.

When people are told a Truth that shocks their core values the first reaction is Denial or you laugh about it.

Then you'll vehemently deny it because it means to say that everything they have ever believed in their lives was wrong

And people don't like being wrong or 'stupid'

So when you front your irreligious views and show people certain truths you'll be at the receiving end of that hatred. Which is why superstitious people dread atheists and irreligious people.

Then you have gradual acceptance because it's evident but you never had someone show it to you in a different angle before

I only engage in religious topics if I notice you have passed at least the first 2 stages of dealing with the shock of accepting the truth.

You nailed it! cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LeHMaR(m): 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
There are at least 18000 gods worshipped around the world, You don't believe in 17999, i don't believe in 18000... What makes you any better?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

1. A delusional person
2. A delusional person.

There are definitions of “atheism” and “theism” that you can you read and save yourself from this ignorance.
See what religion is doing to you!

THEISM DOESN’T MEAN CHRISTIANITY.
Christianity is one of the types of THEISM, which SATANISTS are also too.

I don’t think you even know what “treason” is.
So good you understand that both are delusional

1. A person who Rejects or Disbelief Mohammadu Buhari as President of Nigeria God as the Creator of Everything
2. A person who believes that Donald Trump is the President of Nigeria a different God (Tor or Sango or Vishnu etc) is the Creator of Everything

Such is the case between an Atheist AND a person who ascribes to a false Creator!

Secondly:
I know the standard definition of Atheism and Theism.

Unfortunately, the same people who are finding it difficult to define who a WOMAN is have defined the words atheism as a LACK of BELIEF : which is a complete nonsense!

Can one truly LACK a BELIEF about issues?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
Roycemadeit:

Trump we know
Buhari we know
There is no need for belief �
A NIGERIAN PERSON WHO TAKES EITHER of the two positions is EITHER DELUSIONAL or REBELLIOUS

What is the difference between these categories of people

1. A person who Rejects or Disbelief Mohammadu Buhari as President of Nigeria
2. A person who believes that Donald Trump is the President of Nigeria

Such is the case between an Atheist AND a person who ascribes to a false Creator!

It is the same sickness in different form. Both would be tried for TREASON!

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LeHMaR(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
Somebody says they are Athiest, you quote Bible give am, who's illogical now?
MaxInDHouse:

ATHEISM sound illogical so no sane individual can be proud of being an atheist!

But when people finds support for what they have in mind they become bold to say it not because they have what it takes to convince others but as more people in the society accept it they have the boldness to speak.

So instead of categorizing different schools of thought on the matter of faith a wise man said it's just two roads, one broad road leading off to destruction and many are traveling through it, then another narrow road leading to life but few are the ones FINDING it! Matthew 7:13-14

This means people who find the narrow road leading to life has what it takes to convince anyone whether they get support or not but those on the broad road only keep going because they can see many traveling through it even though they can't convince others to join them! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

So good you understand that both are delusional

1. A person who Rejects or Disbelief Mohammadu Buhari as President of Nigeria God as the Creator of Everything
2. A person who believes that Donald Trump is the President of Nigeria a different God (Tor or Sango or Vishnu etc) is the Creator of Everything

Secondly:
I know the standard definition of Atheism and Theism.

Unfortunately, the same people who are finding it difficult to define who a WOMAN is have defined the words atheism as a LACK of BELIEF : which is a complete nonsense!

Can one truly LACK a BELIEF about issues?

Yes “BELIEVEERS” are delusional.

That’s why i said you lack the meaning of what “thiest” and “atheist” mean.
“God” is a title not a person.
1. Which god did he reject, is it allah? Baal? Sango? Or Yahweh?
2. Which god does he BELIEVE is the “true creator” is it allah? Baal? Sango? Or yahweh”

There are definitions of “atheism” and “theism” that you can you read and save yourself from this ignorance.
See what religion is doing to you!

THEISM DOESN’T MEAN CHRISTIANITY.

What do you mean the “standard definition” of “atheism” and “theism” both are gotten from greek Language, hope you know cheesy

Atheism is lack of belief in god and gods, you’ll know that if you know what “theism” and “atheism” means.
See what religion is doing to you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by kabillionaire(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
The only way I can fake it is when religious folks too fake been an atheist
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Kulushkalash(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?

This is a dull statement... And my response is unlike folks like you they don't believe in forcing their beliefs up people's throat.

For them it is be and let me be.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Asour: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:

Doesn't always work that way.

Even Christians in Pakistan, Saudi, Syria & China use to hide to have fellowships in time past (some still do).

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by UnknownQueen(f): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.

38th Law of power- Think As you may but behave as others......Nuff Said....

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
Shikamaru1:
How do you know the purpose of your existence? What is the purpose of your existence? Seems you're living in an alternate universe in your mind grin grin. Intelligent people know that life is meaningless, did your god personally appear to you to reveal the purpose of your existence? undecided
Unfortunately, an atheist is a Nihilist as they have a purposeless existence.

For me, my purpose is to BE A DELIGHT to Him who Created Me.

How?
1. By Loving God with all my Heart, Mind and Soul
2. Loving my Neighbor as myself
3. Living a life of Character that is dependable and pure
4. Helping others to know this God

My purpose in summary!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by DeusXmachina: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
nnofaith:
I fake being a Muslim, when it is compulsory that I join a congregation for prayer, I wonder if a fellow non believer is also in the congregation.

Same, I attend Friday prayers, and join the salat when I'm with friends.
I don't mind it so much, but there is always a dissociation between my mind and body everytime I do.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by sylve11: 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
pocohantas:
Are you sure you are an atheist?

I am not an atheist, but I am heavily irreligious and I don’t fake it. I don’t go to church or participate in religious activities. I don’t own a Bible and I haven’t seen one in a very long time. Except my mum’s own when I visit home.

Everyone around me knows this.

Don’t bother preaching to me. I won’t listen and you would most likely get me very irritated and angry.

I don’t have any problem with you doing your thing and I would appreciate if this is reciprocated.

@ emboldened, You have the over religious tendency in you then. grin grin cool
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by sylve11: 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The phrase you are looking for is militant atheist

grin grin grin cool
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:

If you practioners of the two imported/colonial foreign religions were tolerant then I am sure more atheists will openly live their lives. However, you adherent to the religion of enslavers and colonizers are the most intolerant people on the planet. This is why. You will deny them jobs, housing, ostracized them from society simply because they do not believe in you white or arab god.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
thesicilian:

But the term "reasonable" is a very subjective one. It's like the numbers 6 and 9, most of the time it all depends on what angle you're looking at it from.
A truly reasonable person should be able to listen to another person's point of view without having preconceived notions of ignorance on the part of the other party.

I think by reasonable she means that there is no empirical evidence for the existence of God. People who believe in God do it on faith. Until God is proven empirically, religion can be described as illogical or unreasonable (meaning you cannot arrive to it through reason).

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Atheism is also a refusal to believe, which is itself is a belief dubbed a belief, in disbelief or belief in refusal to believe..In the end, it is another type of belief.

you are just twisting your brain into pretzels. Belief means arriving to a position without reason. That is why even Christians say their religion is by faith. Atheists just refuse to engage in faith. Which is their choice. Hence abstinence is not a sexual position.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by OgundeleT(m): 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
Yes. In fact, I tick Christian when I got employed by my state Tescom.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

That's where wisdom comes to play, is it wise to attach a label to yourself if it could put your life at stake and also affect all the friendship you have?
Well, if you truly don't believe in God of what use is it to take unnecessary risks to begin with? undecided

I didn't believe in God as a youngling growing up in Nigeria and many of my friend's knew and respected even as I also respected their beliefs as well. I never once got into meaningless arguments with them about whether God exists or not because it was all meaningless to me. Of course on occasion they would attempt to convince me of God and I would ask a question that would get them to shut up - I used to struggle greatly with depression back then so it was easy for me to reach for one of those. And then we move from that back to other more productive endeavors. undecided

So, your statement in bold, does not add up at all to one who has experienced life lubed as an atheist in Nigeria at all. undecided
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
And that's why we God Lovers and Followers are better than everyone else in the world.Money is the leastest thing to acquire. There are too many greater and sweeter and better things to acquire that even money can never acquire them.

But nobody loves money more than Nigerian Christians. Have you entered a Nigerian pentecostal church before?

5 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Sojourner2000(m): 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You no think am say that 98% of the whole world people don dey work since dem young till dem old dey, bend yet, dere bank account no dey ever do? Dem no dey eva catch d money wey dem bin dey find and pursue so tey, dem nearly die. Yet dere money dey do dem catch me if you can?

Una no dey tire to dey pursue dis mirage?

I'm with you bro. So tell me, what are you saying in essence?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

As long as goodness and mercies and favours and blessings and peace and love and prosperity dey flow enta my hand and house, i dey coolee. You fit continue to dey pursue your mirage till you old bend like all your other people don do, I no dey your road at all.

goodness and mercies and favours and blessings and peace and love doesn't require a belief in your palestinian savior jesus.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by MrBroke(m): 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dumb ass, if someone ain't Christian does it mean the person doesn't believe in God?.
U people and how you see life grin
Do you know how many religions be out there?
I don't like arguing with people over a fiction that's one reason I don't talk too much on religion.
And I don't fake the fact that all religions are man made, you a pastor or a whatever I tell you to your face; I don't believe your fiction

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.