Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,073 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? (14964 Views)

Do You Fake Been A Christian An An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You are so far stupid that you do not see that Followership means party and party means followership.

Dumb theist, you said “Wike is a PDPeist, but he is not Atikulate.
Osibanjo is an APCeist but he is not "eminilokan"
“If party is followership”, why is wike not atikulated?
Why is osinbajo not “emilokan”?

Do you even THINK before posting?

A SATANIST IS A THEIST

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Templee333(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
i am aggressive, but i do it intentionally. I love pushing religious people to their limits.
but i think u can't make religious people change their views no matter how aggresive u are. At the end he'll still feel u are the looser & he is right.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by DropsMic(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.

Lol... Just pretend. There's nothing there
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2022
I don’t usually go to church, cause sometimes church has a stereotype that doesn’t conform to my way of doing business.
Most people think am an atheist,
But nevertheless, my believe is that the relationship you need is not between you and the church but with you and the spirit in which you believe that good will one day triumph over evil.
In between, I believe in God, just the way I believe the sun has risen, Not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

That’s why i said.
“Even among THEISTS, they kill themselves.
Didn’t they kill a woman in kano because she was a “CHRISTIAN”?

Are these “extremists” not also THEISTS?

...And I didn't disagree with you. Theism has done more harm to our lives than Atheism.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2022
Templee333:

but i think u can't make religious people change their views no matter how aggresive u are. At the end he'll still feel u are the looser & he is right.
who told you i want to change them? I just want them to taste a bit of their own bullshits. let them know they dont control the world

5 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by NigerianAngelo(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2022
You should have asked this question during the islam section. Because many of them (girls especially) fake being muslims. 99% want to be Christians.

95% don't want to be there but can't just help speak due to fear, and the dreads that can accompany.

100% of muslims are not happy being muslims. I live and interact with them, I know.

3 Hail Marys for the final liberation of all muslims in Nigeria and the Cameroons.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by nnofaith: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2022
I fake being a Muslim, when it is compulsory that I join a congregation for prayer, I wonder if a fellow non believer is also in the congregation.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

reminder, it is not the church of satan, it is the satanic temple wink

and what the satanic temple is really doing is pushing for religious pluralism by highlighting the duplicity of things like school prayers
all you seem to be doing is getting off on yanking the chains of conservative nigerian christains [who are remarkably easy to trigger]

the more we can trigger them the better so they get used to free speech. respecting their bullshit is akin to making them feel sacred

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ModCaller: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

So you believe in the Spectacular Miracle that everything that exist including their programmings came out of NOTHING!?

What did your god come out of? How did he come into being? Out of nothing? With all of his ingenuity and shear brilliance?

Start from there and you'll see what is likely not true.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Dumb theist, you said “Wike is a PDPeist, but he is not Atikulate.
Osibanjo is an APCeist but he is not "eminilokan"
“If party is followership”, why is wike not atikulated?
Why is osinbajo not “emilokan”?

Do you even THINK before posting?

See Stupidoo, as usual, you have nothing valid to say such that you had to reverse back to your vomit just so you can open your stupid mouth to say something even more stupid. Fool!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2022
pocohantas:
Are you sure you are an atheist?

I am not an atheist, but I am heavily irreligious and I don’t fake it. I don’t go to church or participate in religious activities. I don’t own a Bible and I haven’t seen one in a very long time. Except my mum’s own when I visit home.

Everyone around me knows this.

Don’t bother preaching to me. I won’t listen and you would most likely get me very irritated and angry.

I don’t have any problem with you doing your thing and I would appreciate if this is reciprocated.
Pocohantas baby, then how are we going to do our wedding if you don't like church? kiss
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by lightuplightup: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2022
Then , I have a question for the Atheist here. Pls what do you usually fill in forms, where they expect you to fill your religion ??
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Sltp: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2022
thesicilian:

That's not a fair answer. It's almost as if we're fighting. Your answer suggests that every theist is unreasonable or immature in terms of reasoning faculty. I believe you should be able to make your point without trying to bring down others at the same time.
There's no polite way to tell a full grown adult that he dedicated his whole life believing in stone age myths

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Sltp: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2022
I'm an open atheist and I wear it like a crown

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by pweeryambre: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
That’s like living in denial, most atheists do attend Sunday service to safe face. I bet even the owner of this forum has a front sit in redeem where his parents worship.
Yes now, they do that to simply not loose relationship with people, so it's very understandable. If your child comes out one day to declare he's an atheist would you have welcome it with open arms? Be honest.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Ehen Catholic! You were already at the door of everything Anti-God!

Na you come be Anti-Satan shey?

Holier than thou people grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See Stupidoo, as usual, you have nothing valid to say such that you had to reverse back to your vomit just so you can open your stupid mouth to say something even more stupid. Fool!

Dumb theist, next time don’t say what you Lack Knowledge on, you can keep it to yourself.

A SATANIST IS A THEIST
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by NigerianAngelo(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

I came to the age of reason.

Reason scatter you there. Reason teaches one Infallibly about God. Reason is natural implantation of a certain percentage (measure) of the deposit of truth by God into the living soul.

What made all things male and female? Fishes, insects, man and animals alike? What gave them similar mamary glands, noses, ears, genitals, principles across board? What is your sopha?

Reason scatter you there. 3 Hail Marys for you; 1 Our Father in honour of Our Lady, your patron and Patroness of women.; 1 Our Father in honour of St. Michael and in honour of your Guardian Angel.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2022
BenDo63:

Na you come be Anti-Satan shey?

Holier than thou people grin

Na you talk am o. But I hate that bastard. If God give me one chance, e go enter lake of fire today today. grin
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ReacherSaidNoth: 10:56am On Aug 14, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I'd go on a limb and say every single human is guilty of this to varying degrees so we are all slaves to a degree
Of course, all of us are slaves to fear for example, but the extent of our slavery is up to us.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by CHoccolaTE: 10:56am On Aug 14, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
You should have asked this question during the islam section. Because many of them (girls especially) fake being muslims.

95% don't want to be there but can't just help speak due to fear, and the dreads that can accompany.

100% of muslims are not happy being muslims. I live and interact with them, I know.

3 Hail Marys for the final liberation of all muslims in Nigeria and the Cameroons.

With Muslims it is different. You could literally get killed if it was discovered that you are an apostate. Not maybe, not likely to, but someone or some people will definitely make an attempt on your life for leaving Islam because the prophet ordered the killing of exmuslims.
Their faking it is of life and death importance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by WhatCanIsay(m): 10:56am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

What's the difference between irreligious and atheist?

To ask this question says a whole lot of things.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by daywatcher: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?

They hide because Nigeria is dominated Christian and Muslim religious bigots/extremists. Many of these extremist will not hesitate to physically attack for you not believing in their religion nonsense. In some instances you need to say you are Muslim or Christian before you cab get a job which is contrary to their religion preaching that every human being should treated fairly.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2022

9 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2022
thesicilian:

That's not a fair answer. It's almost as if we're fighting. Your answer suggests that every theist is unreasonable or immature in terms of reasoning faculty. I believe you should be able to make your point without trying to bring down others at the same time.

How does all you said relate to this simple sentence?...."I came to the age of reason."
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Dumb theist, next time don’t say what you Lack Knowledge on, you can keep it to yourself.

A SATANIST IS A THEIST

Fool! Still reversing back and back as you drop your stupidity and not knowing that I am fine as long as this issue is about Followership. Fool!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by oglalasioux(m): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.

The whole point of being an atheist is not about activism. You must not show yourself. Blend with the society and give others space. I’ve not been to church for over 20 years but I don’t need to write it on my forehead. When people ask me of my religion I say Christian. When the conversation takes a different turn I walk away.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 11:02am On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Fool! Still reversing back and back as you drop your stupidity and not knowing that I am fine as long as this issue is about Followership. Fool!

Dumb theist who lacks knowledge and understanding, who was talking about “fellowship”?
You still lack what “theism” and “atheism” means, it’s not about “fellowship”.

A SATANIST IS A THEIST

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Crofton: 11:02am On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

So you believe in the Spectacular Miracle that everything that exist including their programmings came out of NOTHING!?

If one can believe everything on earth was created by a particular (supreme) being without knowing how that being came to be, then it's not far off if another believes that everything was spontaneously created with gradual evolution and natural selection doing the rest .

4 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by frank317: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Why should you care about been judged if you are confident in your belief

because people matter... u are not the only tree in the forrest... we need each other so u should care about how the view u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British / What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.