Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? (14968 Views)

Do You Fake Been A Christian An An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

You lack knowledge of what you are saying. Do you even know the origin of the way “satan”?

A SATANIST is a THEIST,A Sango Worshipper is THEIST, A Baal Worshipper is a THEIST, A Yahweh worshipper is a THEIST, A Allah worshipper is THEIST.
And then we have ATHEISTS that don’t believe or worship any of these deities.

You are indeed the dumbest THEIST on nairaland.
Anyone who REJECTS the True Creator or REPLACES Him with SOMEONE/SOMETHING else is by default for SATAN!

In that wise, an atheist is a satanist!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Teerach: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2022
grin most times it's best to play along to avoid questions like this. People ask as though you've had a probably terrible situation as a christian before you decided to become an atheist. As for me, I'm neither a christian or Muslim or atheist or traditional. I practice new thought movements and to save plenty questions, I just say I'm a christian, so that everybody go rest. As if it's a crime to discover yourself and disconnect yourself from the pattern that's been laid down.
thesicilian:

What made you become an atheist

5 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by descarado: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2022
Well, it depends on your personality and sorrounding.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Anyone who REJECTS the True Creator or REPLACES Him with SOMEONE/SOMETHING else is by default for SATAN!

Anyone who BELIEVES he knows the “true creator” is a THEIST.
A ALLAH worshipper is a theist, a Baal worshipper is a theist, a yahweh worshipper which you are one is a theist.
Satan is a deity, only theists worship deities!!

Do you know the meaning of “atheism” and “theism”. Be factual and leave out emotions.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Luzebox(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Why should you care about been judged if you are confident in your belief
you lose opportunities sometimes...like job opportunities... people see you like the devil �

4 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Crofton: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

And you don't see the irony with your answer; what's your prove?

They never do, ask them how God came to be and they can't say, but want you to prove how everything was formed.

Truth is no one can really explain how things came to be, there are different theories, the Bible, Koran, big bang, Confucian, etc. But none of these is plausible enough to prove without doubt .

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Sapeleomi: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.
Good morning Jenny Gold,

I am not an atheist but am not religious.. I like to think I find meaning in my life in my spiritual growth and understanding.
I may not relate with your experience directly but I can share similar suspicion and misunderstanding from family and religions people who fail to see when you are coming from..
I think you don't need to explain to anybody. Something l recently realise that works is to leave/avoid religious people to live in their delusion/way of thinking. Do not challenge their view or perspective of coping with life. .
I go to church when invited by friends, l see it as a social gathering same as my Muslim friends who invite to me. But I don't engage or believe in any dogma or rituals such as miracles, prayer and those negative prophecy or revelation...
I say work on yourself, improve your character, and focus on self development...
It gives me peace of mind and better coping abilities.
Keep well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Ekugbeh(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.
were you born an atheist
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by loko50(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

What's the difference between irreligious and atheist?

To be an atheist is not to believe that God exists

To be irreligious is not to participate in religious activities but still believe in God
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by slimfairboy(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

I came to the age of reason.

This response is the reality.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2022
Ekugbeh:
were you born an atheist

Of course everyone is born an agnostic.
Ask a baby what does “god” mean.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by zedman1(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2022
" Religion is like a pen*is, it's perfectly normal to have one and take pride in it, but when you pull it out and rub it in my face, my dear, we'll have a problem". That's how long I've been seeing religion through many years, but these days I don't even know if I have a pen*s. I just believe there's a higher being ( God, if you may call Him/Her/It that), I don't like pen*ses anymore.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2022
Shikamaru1:
Do you have proof that there's an entity called Satan?
What kind of proof will suffice for you?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Deicide: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2022
This thread only had like 5 or 6 people who answered the Question the op asked the rest is argument. Which kind of gives the general public the reason why. You don't wanna be around all this militants religious folks who would quickly judge you and crucify you for who you are.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Ekugbeh(m): 11:31am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Of course everyone is born an atheist.
Ask a 6 baby what does “god” mean.
No, ask 6yrs old where does God live.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by donbenie(m): 11:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?
With fanatics and overzealous Bigots like you ruling the roost,why would anyone want to bother with your hypocrisy?
Most Atheists wants to get on with their lives in this hell hole,instead of being the subject of barbs by Bokoharamic Imbeciles like you..

8 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by venabili: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Very few atheists claim it's an accident. To say it's an accident is to say that you KNOW what caused everything to be.

She is saying she doesn't know. Big difference.

Also.. it's one thing to say that something was caused by something.. and it's another thing to claim that you know the nature of the first cause.

Theists don't just claim that there is a God who created everything. They claim more. Much more.

They claim the God is singular.. they claim the God had a son.. they claim the God doesn't like when we work on the Sabbath day.. they claim the God will one day judge us and send some to a place called hell.. and others to a place called heaven.

They make a myriad of other claims without a single shred of objective evidence to back up their claims.

Belief in a first cause does not equate to theism.. there is a big void of evidence that must be filled first

Great.

Belief is termed as such because it has no shred of objective evidence to back up its claims. Otherwise, we wont have to "believe" we will rather "know" for example, i do not have to believe that men have two hands. I know they do

Theism is much closer to atheism than most people think. The theist believes there is a supreme God and it is his/her own version. He believes all other "gods" are false and product of other religions imaginations. He believe in only one out of thousands of gods.

The atheist simply believes in none of the thousands.

Note that most theistic religions are exclusive.

Christians: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Muslims: And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

So to both religions, the other party is not much better than a atheist, all other faith are going to hellfire. Even some Christians belief other denominations like catholics, JW etc are going to hell

There comes a stage where the level of what you know makes it difficult to accept the rationality of what you are meant to believe.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by BePrepared: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

Not my intention and at the same time I don't think there is a mild way to put it. As a practicing Catholic for more than 20 years before seeing and reading arguement from the other side, I don't think any reasonable person would not question things further.

But many folks that were 'reasonable atheists' later came back to become strong Christians and even apologists, what do u think turn their reason.

CS Lewis
Lee Strobel
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by donbenie(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2022
Ekugbeh:
Every 6 year old knows god lives on Sugar Candy Mountain..
And if you are a good child and behave..
You get to live with him and enjoy unlimited candies for eternity.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by donbenie(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2022
loko50:

To be an atheist is not to believe that God exists

To be irreligious is not to participate in religious activities but still believe in God
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Deicide: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2022
Angelfrost:
What's the point of pretending?!! No one will kill you for being an Atheist.

Just avoid the need to make light of others who choose to be Theists.
Lol, tell that to Debora who was in fact actually a Christian!

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 11:42am On Aug 14, 2022
ModCaller:

What did your god come out of? How did he come into being? Out of nothing? With all of his ingenuity and shear brilliance?

Start from there and you'll see what is likely not true.
Unfortunately, you over-simplify existence to a point you jump on unreasonable popular fad!

Let me wade you through the logic if you care for the truth
1. Every Event is preceded by a Cause
2. It is logically and scientifically impossible to have an infinite regress of cause and effect

The conclusion:
There must therefore exist a PRIME MOVER, the SOURCE of EVERYTHING, the UNCAUSED FIRST CAUSE of EVERYTHING.

Christians call Him, the Creator, the Alpha and Omega, God, Father.
However, for now it doesn't matter what Christians call the SOURCE.

The question is:
Is their a SOURCE of EVERYTHING who STARTs the now infinite regress of cause and effect?

Will you please respond to this!?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by donbenie(m): 11:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Ekugbeh:
were you born an atheist
Everybody was born an Atheist,until some religious nut job gets ahold of them..
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by starpower(m): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
I don't fake it and don't discuss religion.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by donbenie(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Stop being naive..
The boldness with which you write rubbish is repugnant..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by leetylee: 11:47am On Aug 14, 2022
Sisterfire bigcowhorn food dun land grin grin grin
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2022
Ekugbeh:

They born kids when they turn 6?

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2022
Shikamaru1:
I have read your posts on this thread. Your arguments are hollow, why are you deliberately avoiding the part where the OP posited that theist claim that non believers will go to hell? That God is the father of Jesus Christ and other hare brained believe. Who is the one true God? Is it the christian God, the Muslim God, or the traditional God. Deep down you know those stories were concocted by humans like you and I but you're too scared to admit it instead you try to use flowery words and bogus write ups to confuse yourself.. cheesy cheesy grin
I wish you could just separate issues!

There is a big difference between
1. Claiming the Creator doesn't exist
AND
2. Claiming that the Creator exists but His identity is UNKNOWN (Is He Yahweh, Allah, Tor, Vishnu etc)

Where do you stand and then we can talk! Vishnu or Tor didn't promise hellfire, did they?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ModCaller: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Unfortunately, you over-simplify existence to a point you jump on unreasonable popular fad!

Let me wade you through the logic if you care for the truth
1. Every Event is preceded by a Cause
2. It is logically and scientifically impossible to have an infinite regress of cause and effect

The conclusion:
There must therefore exist a PRIME MOVER, the SOURCE of EVERYTHING, the UNCAUSED FIRST CAUSE of EVERYTHING.

Christians call Him, the Creator, the Alpha and Omega, God, Father.
However, for now it doesn't matter what Christians call the SOURCE.

The question is:
Is their a SOURCE of EVERYTHING who STARTs the now infinite regress of cause and effect?

Will you please respond to this!?

You're literally confusing yourself. As in literally contradicting everything you're saying.

So the person who started everything came out of nothing but the infinite regress of cause and effect didn't come out of nothing? Really bro?

It's not actually that hard to put together.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ume1000: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
even quantum physicists don't fully understand quantum physics yet. did she tell you she is a physicist? why are you asking her irrelevant question
she should provide an alternative origin of the universe and everything in it if she doubts mine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.