Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? (14974 Views)

Do You Fake Been A Christian An An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Danmisra(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2022
CandyOps:

I don't understand you, bros. It's like saying, "since you like smoking why don't you smoke openly and walk around with a lighter everywhere you go."

Perception is everything bro. How people see you and the image you project is everything. So if Nigerians see an irreligious person as 'satanic' why would I want to associate myself to that image?

Even Jay-Z said, "Niggas couldn't do nothing with me; they put the devil on me
I'd have preferred niggas to squeeze the metal on me"

Christians tend to talk down on Moslems for being radical especially when you blasphem. But they on the other hand cant stand it when someone becomes illuminated and sees religion for what it is. They'll literally bannish you amongst them.

See what they (religious people) did to Salman Rushdie because of a novel he wrote decades ago called The Satanic Verses.

I don't engage superstitious folks at all.
I don't like to be a bearer of bad news.

Because accepting a new truth has stages.

Every problem passes through three stages on the way to acceptance: First, it appears laughable; second, it is fought against; third, it is considered self-evident.

When people are told a Truth that shocks their core values the first reaction is Denial or you laugh about it.

Then you'll vehemently deny it because it means to say that everything they have ever believed in their lives was wrong

And people don't like being wrong or 'stupid'

So when you front your irreligious views and show people certain truths you'll be at the receiving end of that hatred. Which is why superstitious people dread atheists and irreligious people.

Then you have gradual acceptance because it's evident but you never had someone show it to you in a different angle before

I only engage in religious topics if I notice you have passed at least the first 2 stages of dealing with the shock of accepting the truth.

The same trend is currently happening with Peter Obis movement in Nigeria.

We first laughed at his ambitions..
Then he's being fought
Next thing is gradual acceptance because even the blind can see that our country needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL
I believe you read Bible very well to the extent that you started thinking wildly(atheism). It is fine by most people to live as an atheist but the problem is that they(atheist) don't have standard in anything and very disrespectful that is why wherever atheist live the creat problem because they see religion as a problem/primitive to them because they don't respect anybody. Like salam rushisdie etc
My question is if atheist don't believe in God why didn't they create or recreate themselves since nobody is in control of the universe in their thinking, they should just become rich and live a luxurious life.
This is the major problem of Christianity but because they is no order in christianity, the religion is self serving religion because it is adulterated and their scholars/cleric are busy deceiving gullible members and showing off wealth ,how can a reasonable person remain in christianity

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by cassavaflakes: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2022
Ironically, satanism is a actually a satire religion whose members are atheists

TenQ:

Anyone who REJECTS the True Creator or REPLACES Him with SOMEONE/SOMETHING else is by default for SATAN!

In that wise, an atheist is a satanist!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
Crofton:

If one can believe everything on earth was created by a particular (supreme) being without knowing how that being came to be, then it's not far off if another believes that everything was spontaneously created with gradual evolution and natural selection doing the rest .
Slow down bro!

We know that the Universe came into existence from the expansion of the gravitational singularity at about 13.8 billion years ago. At that time, space, time and matter did NOT exist! Hence there could NOT have been a gradual evolution of existence as we know it. If you disagree, I can provide you with a logical proof.

If God is made up of matter (atoms, molecules, protons, neutrons etc) , this would be the greatest proof that He was created by something/someone else!
Do you agree with this?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
cassavaflakes:

So who atheist worship in this “satire religion”.
Hope you know what theist and atheist mean?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
cassavaflakes:

So who does atheists worship in this “satire religion”.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Anyone who BELIEVES he knows the “true creator” is a THEIST.
A ALLAH worshipper is a theist, a Baal worshipper is a theist, a yahweh worshipper which you are one is a theist.
Satan is a deity, only theists worship deities!!

Do you know the meaning of “atheism” and “theism”. Be factual and leave out emotions.
What is the difference between these categories of people

1. A person who Rejects or Disbelief Mohammadu Buhari as President of Nigeria
2. A person who believes that Donald Trump is the President of Nigeria

Such is the case between an Atheist AND a person who ascribes to a false Creator!

It is the same sickness in different form. Both would be tried for TREASON!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Such is the case between an Atheist AND a person who ascribes to a false Creator!

1. A delusional person
2. A delusional person.

There are definitions of “atheism” and “theism” that you can you read and save yourself from this ignorance.
See what religion is doing to you!

THEISM DOESN’T MEAN CHRISTIANITY.
Christianity is one of the types of THEISM, which SATANISTS are also too.

I don’t think you even know what “treason” is.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Roycemadeit(m): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Why should you care about been judged if you are confident in your belief
Fortunately atheism is not belief
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by cassavaflakes: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
It's a parody religion, they don't actually worship Satan or any other god

Maynman:

So who does atheists worship in this “satire religion”.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
Shikamaru1:
The basis for your believe in an entity called Satan will suffice. I'm surprised you guys ascribe good things to god and bad things to Satan..
Good and Bad is not a yardstick for understanding that Satan exist. Good and Bad is relative to the Objective and Purpose of the Creator.
Is it good to kill? NO!
Is it good to kill a terrorist? YES!
What changed?

Any force/entity that prevents a man from fulfilling the purpose of his existence is Satan/satanic!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Roycemadeit(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Trump we know
Buhari we know
There is no need for belief �

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
donbenie:
Stop being naive..
The boldness with which you write rubbish is repugnant..
I am used to your kind of speech and language. It is the same spirit in different bodies and personalities!

Address issues and be not sentimental!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
Satanist centred on the figure of Satan, the Devil.
Can you send me a link to where you read this?

cassavaflakes:

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
Satanist centre on the figure of Satan, the Devil.

cassavaflakes:

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by cassavaflakes: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Temple

Maynman:
Satanist centred on the figure of Satan, the Devil.

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
cassavaflakes:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Temple

“Satanic Temple” is different from Satanist.
“Satanic temple” was created 2012 lol
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
ModCaller:

You're literally confusing yourself. As in literally contradicting everything you're saying.

So the person who started everything came out of nothing but the infinite regress of cause and effect didn't come out of nothing? Really bro?

It's not actually that hard to put together.
Slow down bro and wade through reason

1. Every Event is preceded by a Cause
2. It is logically and scientifically impossible to have an infinite regress of cause and effect
Which of these two postulates above is wrong?

Since Cause and Effect ALWAYS occur, what conclusion can you derive from 1 and 2?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by cassavaflakes: 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
You didn't read it, they refer to their 'religion' as satanism

Maynman:

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by bukatyne(f): 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

So you believe in the Spectacular Miracle that everything that exist including their programmings came out of NOTHING!?

Lol @ 'spectacular miracle'

@OP: if you do not believe in God or Church, then don't bother going.

I also believe you can manage yourself if you don't live with your parents and make your stance respectful known.

@Aggressive Christians: please stop disgracing us and quit forcing people to convert. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts people and Jesus clearly told us that people don't listen to your message, dust your feet and move on.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
It’s a “new religious movement “

cassavaflakes:
You didn't read it, they refer to their 'religion' as satanism

Which was created 2012.
Read on satanism not “satanic temple”
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
ume1000:
she should provide an alternative origin of the universe and everything in it if she doubts mine
it is ok for people to admit they are ignorant about something than to accept anything even when it is obvious it is wrong. It is not compulsory for her to give you an alternative. All she knows is your explanation does not make sense. When she sees an idea that makes sense to her, she will accept it.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by cassavaflakes: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
Tho I get your point, there's an actual religion called 'satanism' that actually worships satan.
But there's also another one that's just a parody religion

Maynman:

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?
Same thing when you as a Christian find yourself in a pure Muslim society you have to be cautious. The problem you Christians is, you assume you understand the mind of an atheist.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
Shikamaru1:
The creater doesn't exist because you can't see, hear or even feel him. Even if he exists, has he told you personally to worship him?
Good!
Let's start from here:
1. God does not need your Worship. God need your free will!

2. If the creator is made up of matter/materials and he obeys the laws of physics, where do you think his components come from and where does the laws of physics that his components are made from come from?

If God is made up of matter/materials then we must look higher than Him for His Creator.

3. Do you think an infinite regress of cause and effect is logically and scientifically possible?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
cassavaflakes:

Of course!
Although there are two kinds of satanism
1. The religious/spiritual satanism:
They actually replace God with a spirit entity "Satan"
2. The irreligious satanism:
They replace God with self
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Theunbothered: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?

Ask Mubarak Bala was jailed for being openly atheist. If he wasn't jailed many people will try to kill him.
One day you people will stop playing dumb with this topic. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
cassavaflakes:
Tho I get your point, there's an actual religion called 'satanism' that actually worships satan.
But there's also another one that's just a parody religion

We also have another one, and some people said that’s where this “modern satanism or TST” evolve from.

I was talking about “satanism” not these “new religious movement”

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Theunbothered: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
thesicilian:

That's not a fair answer. It's almost as if we're fighting. Your answer suggests that every theist is unreasonable or immature in terms of reasoning faculty. I believe you should be able to make your point without trying to bring down others at the same time.

If you believe in talking snakes and flying horses going to heaven what is the difference between you and a madman?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by care4you: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Why should you care about been judged if you are confident in your belief

You always sounds foolish on nairaland .... Hope you are not a foolish person in reality!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ModCaller: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Slow down bro and wade through reason

1. Every Event is preceded by a Cause
2. It is logically and scientifically impossible to have an infinite regress of cause and effect
Which of these two postulates above is wrong?

Since Cause and Effect ALWAYS occur, what conclusion can you derive from 1 and 2?

You're making assumptions about your god. That's a very biased reasoning.

I can as well tell you that the infinite regress of cause and effect came out of the cause and that your god didn't come out of the cause and doesn't even exist. Rather everything you attribute to your god is all a part of the infinite regress of cause and effect.

You see how infinitely bias and unreasonable that sounds? That's exactly how you sound.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.