Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Omotola Jalade as a Musician? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Omotola Jalade as a Musician? (5072 Views)

Omotola Jalade's Second Album To Be In Market By December / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj / Omotola Jalade's Music CD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by angelak(f): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2005
Almost all the banned actors / actresses seem to be going into music! Sounds crazy to me.

Genevieve's album is out and I don't think its impressive because I have not met anyone who thinks the music makes some small sense.

Omotola Jalade is soon to release hers what do you think its going to be about? Don't you think they are tarnishing their image especially when the album in question is not touching the hearts of their fans.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Flint(m): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2005
Its a free world. Thank God there are now lots of really good and talented artistes who have upped the ante in the music industry in Nigeria. With the likes of TuFace, StylPlus, Kush etc. there wouldn't be room for mediocrity, and I never thot I'ld say this but for once I am proud of Nigerian Artistes!!!

So as regards your concern, she'ld progress if she's talented else she'll fade into thin air.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by jogego(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2005
Who said there is no mediocrity in Nigerian music? How many nigerian musicians really have a good voice? Lets be real and factual. Why apart from poor management does Nigerian music not sell outside Nigeria? Listen to the average song from Congo is it makosi or what do they call the music. It has rhytmn, its enjoyable. Our so called artistes suffer from lack of creativity. That for me is the major problem. Lets call a spade a spade and stop saying in the name of patriotism.....
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Greatpeter(m): 6:23am On Jul 06, 2005
I learnt that RMD is also into music.
Why were they banned?
Somebody Pls. update me.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by hotangel2(f): 6:31am On Jul 06, 2005
hmmm Good for her. I ain't heard genny song so i can't judge her.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Greatpeter(m): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2005
She could be a combination of the two. After all Jennifer (Lopez) now Jennifer Marc Anthony is an actress-musician
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by hotangel2(f): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2005
Hold on Peter, don't let J-lo hear that you took off her Lopez and put Marc anthony. She is Jennifer-Lopez-marc anthony. She said her name goes everywhere with her.

Okay now, incase u don't know, J-lo is my "mother". I love her. She surrounds my room!!!
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Greatpeter(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2005
Sorry hot-angel. She's your mother? Oh! I just heard that today.
Do you know the reason behind her not dropping Lopez?
She is afraid the marriage may "pafuka"at anytime so she won't suffer too much in the hands of the press.
She will just remove Marc Anthony and she goes on.
How many marriage contracts now and how many engagements that were shattered?
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by hotangel2(f): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2005
Congratulate yourself for hearing the news.
The reason behind her not dropping lopez is just the same reason why i won't drop my last name: I wanna carry it forever.
She isn't afraid, she can handle everything if the marriage pafuka. She has handled lots so this ain't gon be new to her.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Flint(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2005
jogego:

Who said there is no mediocrity in Nigerian music? How many nigerian musicians really have a good voice? Lets be real and factual. Why apart from poor management does Nigerian music not sell outside Nigeria? Listen to the average song from Congo is it makosi or what do they call the music. It has rhytmn, its enjoyable. Our so called artistes suffer from lack of creativity. That for me is the major problem. Lets call a spade a spade and stop saying in the name of patriotism.....
Well Jogego,
Much as I appreciate that there still some annoying musicians, you cannot maintain that there has not been a drastic improvement in the nusic industry in Nigeria. Lots of people who ordinarily may not have gone into music have done so.

If Tuface were in the states, his concerts would be sold out before you say"face" There is an explosion going on now I tell you, and I don't think the movie industry in Nigeria can improve as much as the usic industry has in the next 10 years!!!

on a final note, methinks our music curently is uch better than the makosa you mentioned.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by IAH(f): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2005
Hold on Peter, don't let J-lo hear that you took off her Lopez and put Marc anthony.  She is Jennifer-Lopez-marc anthony. She said her name goes everywhere with her.

Okay now, incase you don't know, J-lo is my "mother". I love her. She surrounds my room!!!
Hot-angel, J-Lo might be your mother but please don't let her be your role model. The way she's been changing men like she's changing her pants is not worthy of imitation. rolleyes
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by hotangel2(f): 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2005
IAH she is one of my role model. I doubt if that can change. Forget her sex life/love life. Every other thing is great. She is determined and she achieves her determination. Infact I like her love life too. wink She rocks my world. Oprah is my major model.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by jogego(m): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2005
hot-angel:

IAH she is one of my role model. I doubt if that can change. Forget her sex life/love life. Every other thing is great. She is determined and she achieves her determination. Infact I like her love life too. wink She rocks my world. Oprah is my major model.

if Oprah is ur model, just dont let your weight go up and down like a yo-yo tongue
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by hotangel2(f): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2005
mmkay jogego.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by layi(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2005
I had a feel of omotola's music last night in a short TV interview. I think she's better than Genevieve. OmoT is working with d top producers in Nigeria music Ind. So i trust they'l bless here album. But as far as i'm concernd, the songs aint worth it...they'r just there..i can't spend a dime on their albums.
Sumtimes i feel they just want to copy the american counterparts..(nothing bad though if our people have the talents...but this i really doubt).

Greatpeter:

I learnt that RMD is also into music.
Why were they banned?
Somebody Please. update me.
Dunno about RMD o! but i know OmoT, Genevieve,Segun Arinze, Ramsey, Sahed balogun etc r into music
They were banned because the comanded high fees (average N2M/film sry, movie. the scenario is funny. How marketers could ban artiste over such flimsy reason. Well, its not surprising..just the case of "he who pays the piper dictates the tune"
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Seun(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2005
Can you send us a [promotional] 30 second audio segment from the Omotola album?
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by sexylady1(f): 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2005
Greatpeter, These guys are banned because, They collect money form different producers and directors at thesame time.Producers have had it, they’ve endured humiliation and insult from these so called stars, how could you sign contract for three movies that are shooting the same day and time. You will never concentrate on one; subsequently the quality of the three movies will definitely be compromised. That is just it.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by sexylady1(f): 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2005
Here are some of the offenses the Director Guild of Nigeria said these actors commited:
OMOTOLA............... Too expensive, Snorbish attitude towards director and colleague
GENEVIEVE............. Too expensive,Dont ve respect for directors, very selective, always come to set late
RAMSEY NOUAH....... Too expensive,Select roles
RMD..........................Too expensive
NKEM OWO...............Too expensive
EMEKA IKE................ Too expensive,Bad temper slapped a director on a set in festac
JIM IYKE..................... Too gragra direct directors
RITA DOMINIC............ Too expensive,Coming to location without costume
STELLA DAMASUS.......Too expensive
PETE EDOCHIE...........Too expensive
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Greatpeter(m): 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2005
I think the issue of being expensive is not an offence.
It's business and if you can not afford them you look for someone else for the roles.
Others are penalisable offence.

But I learnt the ban has been lifted now.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by layi(m): 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2005
Too xpensive ? I'm laughing my ass out here.
Nigerians never sieve to amaze me. How is that an offense? Are they d only actors available? Haba!
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by hotangel2(f): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2005
hahaha... they r all too expensive. Rubbish
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by marcia: 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2005
i think she is going to do a great job. i watched the launching of her album. it will be wonderful.you might be surprised but she will do more than we are expecting.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by marcia: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2005
why will they not be expensive when they are the ones ruling the nigerian industry.i am sure that they no longer had the money to pay them so the best way was to ban them and look for other artistes who are interested.it is all for the good of it anyway.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by layi(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2005
I was at Omotola's album launch as well.
She was good. Not spectacular though but at least she can sing.

The lady i can die for anyday is the half caste Esther Ebigbo. I could pay millions to hear her sing. Jeeeeez
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Scorpio(f): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2005
Layi, picture and Link to her music pls? Let's see wat she's got k, thanks.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by prettyH(f): 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2005
Come what is nigeria turning into? Its God that save when every one is going into music. Don't see motola singin or even doing well in the industry?
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by spikelord(m): 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2005
Talk less about JLo, you bet, her marriage to Marc Anthony won't last long. The marriage that ever lasted among the musicians is the one of Snoop Dogg and his wife's (9 years).
J Lo's matrimonial affair with Marc sure would be a fragile one cuz of her .....................
As for Omotola, I watched one of her stage perfomances with Sound Sultan recently and I could tell she was doing good behind the mic.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by hotangel2(f): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2005
From all indications, seems that Omotola is doing good at the Music thingy.. Better than miss Genevieve.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by layi(m): 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2005
Heard her songs again last night (on radio). She got her game right by linkin wit the best producers in Nigeria(rhymzo, OJB and freestle) who made her songs sound tite.
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Scorpio(f): 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2005
cry cry
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by hotangel2(f): 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2005
Why the tears?
Re: Omotola Jalade as a Musician? by Scorpio(f): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2005
I've been askin for links undecided cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Album Review: Erigga- Tha Erigma / DOWNLOAD MP3: Lil Durk – A Body / Any Good Songs For Working Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.