Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) (34383 Views)

Kano Emir Welcomes Peter Obi To His Palace (Photos) / Oyo State Governor Makinde Welcomes Peter Obi With Smiles (2021 Throwback Photo) / We Want Peter Obi – Youths Hit Streets Of Abuja, Ibadan To Support Obi (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Neyoosha007(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2022
Obi will only do well as a CAN president

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by CommonSense1967: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2022
Peter Obi- tuary the pathological Biafuro church president. Well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Omik111(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2022
Its only a person without mission or ambition will say he or she will vote for pdp or apc
its time to move on new Nigeria we are unstoppable by the grace of God Obideint for sure
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Samuelxxx(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2022
1nice:
Peter Obi is an honest man.

But Nigerians are not happy with RCCG because of how Redeemed Christian Church of God authorities treated Peter Obi by not giving him a chance to speak to the people who were in the church; RCCG coonly acknowledge his presence.

All the churches Peter Obi went to, acknowledge his presence and also gave him chances to speak to those who were in lecturethe church except RCCG.

You sef collect microphone talk naa
Is he a pastor ?? He is a worshipper like everybody there
And this jumping from church to church is making me uneasy
Before election he no go church like this

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by yemex04(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2022
00FFT00:

Ask your mosque to invite him and see whether his will come or not.

What is the relationship between the questions I posited and your comment?
Do you lack comprehension that much?

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by deeva2: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2022
Arysexy:

But Yorubas can abuse Igbos and go Scott free ABI.

Check who has been calling Obi supporters IPOB. Yet Umahi, Uzodimma etc that supports Tinubu are not IPOB.

Igbos have been supporting both tribes, but this time they support a credible Igbo candidate, you lots start raising ethnic colouration

Tinubu's Supporters can politely accuse Atiku but will never abuse or call his tribes hausa/fulani names and vice versa, particularly this election period.. That's the real naija politic..

You may not agree but the truth is that, ur region is the minority politically.

I have said it before that obi's supporter will eventually drag this election into tribal/ethnic and religious line which myt not work for obi..

obi myt not play along tribal line but his recent and sudden visit to churches which he has not done before portray him as an hypocrites just like other naija politicians..Thats the main reason rccg refused to give him audience..

You may also disagree on this, not all Christians will vote obi because of their parties affiliation, tribe and personal interest.. So him going a religious line(Christianity) will de-market him in the north..

CAN/eminent Pastors hard already supported him by directly opposing muslim-muslim ticket.. so no need of him visiting churches every week..

Tinubu has been so careful not to further cause religious tension amongs Christians by not attending any islamic organisation/gathering..

Muslim-muslim ticket does not move me and so many other Christians out there because we know its all political calculation not religious war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Olaniyi021(m): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2022
OVB123:
Obidient is the way to go in 2023 general election.

If you want Tinubu to be the next president of Nigeria vote peter obi but if don't want tinubu to be the next president of Nigeria vote Atiku. Only an intelligent and wise person will understand the riddle behind it.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Arysexy(m): 11:47am On Aug 15, 2022
deeva2:

Tinubu's Supporters can politely accuse Atiku but will never abuse or call his tribes hausa/fulani names and vice versa, particularly this election period.. That's the real naija politic..

You may not agree but the truth is that, ur region is the minority politically.

I have said it before that obi's supporter will eventually drag this election into tribal/ethnic and religious line which myt not work for obi..

obi myt not play along tribal line but his recent and sudden visit to churches which he has not done before portray him as an hypocrites just like other naija politicians..Thats the main reason rccg refused to give him audience..

You may also disagree on this, not all Christians will vote obi because of their parties affiliation, tribe and personal interest.. So him going a religious line(Christianity) will de-market him in the north..

CAN/eminent Pastors hard already supported him by directly opposing muslim-muslim ticket.. so no need of him visiting churches every week..

Tinubu has been so careful not to further cause religious tension amongs Christians by not attending any islamic organisation/gathering..

Muslim-muslim ticket does not move me and so many other Christians out there because we know its all political calculation not religious war

Even MC Oluomo was caught red handed before he deleted the tweet.

Remind me about the tribe that called GEJ ijaw fisherman, President Jonathan, even revered Soyinka took jibes at GeJ wife by body shaming her with shepopotamus tag.

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Haykings02: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

To go do what? grin

Muslims have reverence for mosque, its a place of worship and accommodates all, whether for Tinubu, Atiku or Obi, no discrimination. It is not a town hall for testing popularity. Please keep candidates out of politicking in mosque.

So Christians don't have reverence for Church Abi It is obvious your brain is under your foot? It is easy to identify those who are jealous of Obi's rising profile.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Arysexy(m): 11:55am On Aug 15, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

To go do what? grin

Muslims have reverence for mosque, its a place of worship and accommodates all, whether for Tinubu, Atiku or Obi, no discrimination. It is not a town hall for testing popularity. Please keep candidates out of politicking in mosque.

Yet Tinubu was campaigning in mosque here.

Atiku and Tinubu went to Mecca to campaign too.

Yoloba Muslim and hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Alezy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hoelujohn:
I want all Christians in Nigeria to vote this man even though the population of the Muslims is higher. I want to see if he can get up to 15million Christian votes.
who told you the population of Muslims is higher?

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Qtrpst4: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
You are obviously dumb

newnigerdelta00:

A cheap market
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
femianski:

You mean a man who served eight years as a governor and has been a politician for over 20 years is a bit shy and introverted
because he is trying to scam people by junketin from church to church... Anyway he should continue it ll give him votes to come Third...
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Kingpoint(m): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
jeromestarks:
I like Peter Obi but I will not vote him. I will vote that old hag called Tinubu. He can transform Nigeria.
His vision for the country is. "is my turn" mission "is my turn"
Imagine the old man. U can also vote ur gram pa. Suffer no dey tire you.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by MartinsD12(m): 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
ObidientFC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hnSlRFm-YQ

Peter Obi was in Baptist Church today . He was announced as a man with integrity par excellence.
As usual, the environment erupted in wild Jubilation as his name was mentioned.
All Christians are with Peter obi, it's no longer news

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by aspabay(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
Somebody tell PO that Aladura is holding its convention next week, he should go there too.

yeye man, jumping from church to church making it a religious race

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by aspabay(m): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
MartinsD12:

Speak for yourself, I am for Tinubu and he will win the next general election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by MartinsD12(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2022
aspabay:

Speak for yourself, I am for Tinubu and he will win the next general election
Don't quote me

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by obiekunie01: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
YourhealthNG2:

Our VP is doing his bit..

He's also doing his own consultations, though low key. He gave the party N20 million, which is what the party is using to organise town hall meetings in all the states of the federation.

oh. ok thanks alot for the update.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by einsteine(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
OP, methodist or baptist?
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
XerXers:
I like the way he is being careful with Muslims. Ever since they made blasphemy threats because of campaign mats it's better to be careful with those extremist and consolidate his Christian stronghold.

Perfectly said. Perfectly said.
The man is not dull.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Akuruoulo(m): 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
SmellyNyash:
grin grin
Una wan kukuma kill urchins abi?
They aren't useful to this dying corntree

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by badumjoy: 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2022
2023: Fulani group disowns Miyetti Allah’s statement on Obi
By Kanayo Umeh, Abuja
15 August 2022 | 11:47 am

Peter Obi. Photo/FACEBOOK /Atiku.org

A Fulani group, Coalition of Fulbe Professionals in Africa (COFPIA), has distanced itself from a statement authored by one Alhasan Salah, National Secretary of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, claiming to be against the candidature of former Anambra State governor and the candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, in the 2023 presidential election.

COFPIA enjoined Nigerians to disregard any statement from Miyetti Allah Kauta Hore, saying the group did not speak for Fulani ethnic group or represent the Fulani in any way.

Alhasan, who is the National Secretary of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, the most controversial Fulani group in Nigeria,had in an interview with a national paper,said the Fulani nation would not support the candidature of Obi,who is contesting the 2023 presidential election under the Labour Party.

Alhasan had described Mr Peter Obi not only as a tribal bigot but also as someone who hates the North and by extension the Fulani tribe.

He said the leadership of the group has instructed every Fulani in the country not to vote for Mr Peter Obi, because açcording to him,”Obi is a tribal bigot and represents the Biafran interest which would not favour the Fulani nation in Nigeria.”

The National Secretary-General of the Fulani socio-cultural group,had noted that “as far as Miyetti Allah is concerned, Obi is out of the options of persons to be voted for in the forthcoming elections.”

“As far as we are concerned, we know those we cannot vote for. You see one that they call Obi or OBIdient, any Fulani man who votes for him must be questioned because he may not be a true son of the soil.

“Obi represents the Biafran interest. So, we know those we cannot vote for and those that cannot be president of Nigeria. He is a tribal bigot,” he said.

Alhassan claimed that when Obi was the governor of Anambra State, he “”destroyed the businesses of northerners and chased plenty Hausa and Fulani people from entering Anambra.”

But the Fulani group, operating under the umbrella of Coalition of Fulbe Professionals in Africa, picked hole in Alhasan’s claim.

The Fulbe professional group,in a statement signed by Prof. Mohammed Gidado,its National President and Hajiya Mairo Modibo,National Secretary, respectively, said while it acknowledged the group’s right to freedom of expression and opinion, it would “remind them that they don’t have the right to speak for the entire Fulani in Nigeria, especially when they have not lived up to expectations.”

In a statement to this effect, COFPIA said Fulbe people all over Nigeria “will not be binded by that politically sponsored statement of Miyetti Allah.”

“The Fulbe all over Nigeria will not be binded by that politically sponsored statement of Miyetti Allah anymore.

“The Fulani people are wise now and cannot be used as tools of extortion and religious sentiment any more. We will enlighten our people to vote for competence and capacity come 2023. We will never vote for any candidate who has nothing to offer. We have gone far beyond religious and ethnic sentiments.

“We will vote for a president that will tackle poverty, and acute hunger that have held our people hostage for so long. We will vote for a president that will fight insecurity with every commitment and unbiased mind, no matter who is in involved,” the statement read.

The group said,” Our respected tribal group, Miyette Allah,should channel their campaign to redeem the bad image they have created for Fulani people in Nigeria rather than casting aspersions on Peter Obi, who has demonstrated capacity to rescue Nigeria from the current hopelessness.”

“We wish to also make it categorically clear that we have not endorsed Peter Obi or any presidential candidate in the forth coming general elections and we are not Peter Obi’s mouthpiece, but it’s wrong for our people to continue to brand Peter Obi as a tribal bigot and that he doesn’t like the North,”the group said.

COFPIA said ” available data has shown Peter Obi as an ardent nationalist that believes in the unity of Nigeria.”

“We, therefore, call on our brothers in the Miyetti Allah Kauta Hore, to only speak for their group, rather than misleading Nigerians that they are speaking for the entire Fulani people.

“They lack the moral, spiritual, and religious rights to speak for the entire Fulani people in Nigeria, especially when they have reduced themselves to tribal bigots that has no regards for other tribes and faiths,” the group said.

Açcording to COFPIA, “Nigerians have taken position in the forth coming Election to vote for the best man for the job and cannot be distracted by any selfish agenda and blackmail.”

“As campaigns start, we shall mobilize and enlighten Fulani young and old to every ruga’s and town to sensitize our people so as not to be deceived by Miyetti Allah, Kauta Hore and its like.” undecided undecided undecided tongue
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by CaptainFM1: 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hoelujohn:
I want all Christians in Nigeria to vote this man even though the population of the Muslims is higher. I want to see if he can get up to 15million Christian votes.

It's not possible all Christians will vote for him.
And the Muslim-Christian population is about 50-50. Only that one religion is using violence and their terrorism sect to dominate the other.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by Invitationn: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
excanny:

The number of registered voters in Christian dominated states has always been the highest. Go read the Bible Belt voting bloc of Nigeria.
Half of them don't eventually vote.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by DOINGS2022: 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
When a child washes his or her hands well, that child will dine and wine with kings, queens, Prince and Princess.

Peter Obi, you have indeed washed your hands well.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hoelujohn:

Leave this madness at your region.
Don't bring it to SW.
I'm a Christian and will vote for Tinubu 10 times before obi, not because of religion tho, cos I no dey too go church sef.
But we have to be realistic, Nigeria is having a clash of Civilization where the 3 major tribes are fighting for power.
So I'll be very stupid to vote against my own person.

If Nigeria doesn't divide, this would continue to happen.
Tribe is way bigger than religion which is man made.

Moreover Tinubu is even more competent than that lousy liar.

So if I vote for obi, I'm on a self-defeating journey.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
MartinsD12:

All igbo Christians you mean.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by excanny: 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2022
Invitationn:

Half of them don't eventually vote.

Yes because they are not culturally united like the Muslim bloc.

But if a candidate can ginger them and do his homework well on them, they will come out to vote.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by liasmiram2567: 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2022
ObidientFC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hnSlRFm-YQ

Peter Obi was in Baptist Church today . He was announced as a man with integrity par excellence.
As usual, the environment erupted in wild Jubilation as his name was mentioned.

It has shown that the Church and Christians are his base.However,he has forgotten that he is seeking to be the president of all .Nigeria is not Anambra.We are multi-religious.
Re: Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) by dheilaw1(m): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hoelujohn:
wake up before you pee for bed. 15m koo, 150m nii. He's struggle to have 1m votes. You think it's about noise making

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's National Broadcast Pre-recorded To Avoid Any"Accident"-Sahara Reporters / TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter / President Tinubu Meets TUC, NLC Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.