Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? (24938 Views)

Help!!!! I Lose Interest In Guys I Sleep With / Am I Normal ?... Am Too Shy / Which Of These Will Make A Lady Lose Interest In A Man Fast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Aklee4994(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2022
Love is what happens within that as no external forces..the sweetness of your emotions should not be determined by anyone that why immediately the word sound in your hear you got mad at the person and believing you have show so many affection for her to say that word I love you

That is a good nature I also possess as a guy man.. I dislike that word i love you Na I like you
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Delacroix6(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
Blunttruth:

You belong with the class of men who like nasty women. It usually stems from psychological issues.

Nasty as in bisexual, tomboy, milf, cougars??
If that's it ... It perfectly fits me.
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Delacroix6(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
SalemIfeanyi1:
I have a friend who doesn't like it when people tell her that. The day i mistakenly said it to her, omg, it wasn't funny. She stopped talking to me for over a month. It took her younger sister to get us back again.

But recently she said it to me, mehn i was shocked, i couldn't even say i lo... grin grin grin

I feel maybe, i healed her. Or i helped erase her past experiences.

It's payback time, you have to stop talking to her.
Maybe it'll take the help of your you get brother for her to get you back.
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by lebienconnu: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2022
No
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Delacroix6(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
Angelfrost:
Sigh... Grammar is not your strong suit.

Please, whoever understood that write up should explain it to me... I can't give myself headache this afternoon! undecided

Seriously
This is so pejorative...
You need to grow up. He made a few mistakes.

C'est peuple comme toi qui me fait fâché....
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Delacroix6(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
merits:

You are a potential gay.

Ain't nothing gay about this my nigga.
He just has a complex personality..
It's what it is.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by TheZeezle(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
No! Obviously you are not normal
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Delacroix6(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2022
MediMedi:
A dude at 24 very good at communicating with opposite gender.

From my actions and how we talk you wount assume we're not in relationship but soon I hear things like I love you, I miss you all that I start lossing interest till we part ways then bounce back, some wount.

Please, am I normal?

We are normal, don't let no one tell you otherwise.
Only you know what you've been through ..

You are not alone.
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Angelfrost(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2022
Delacroix6:

Seriously
This is so pejorative...
You need to grow up. He made a few mistakes.

C'est peuple comme toi qui me fait fâché....

Well, apologies if you were offended...

However, I was being honest not deliberately condescending or contemptuous.

I tried and failed to make sense of what he put up there. Could I have put it more politely?!! Probably! Guess I was not in that mood.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Karnice600: 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
You're normal but its not ideal.
For me it used to be, 'have sex once and completely lose interest after.' Funny enough, that's the time she'll come with truck loads of love, becoming clingy and irritating me the more.
Look, to attract a person, build charisma to enhance your strengths.
To keep a partner , work on your character to limit your weaknesses.
For me, I found a way out. I asked myself why I always felt that way. I discovered sex wasn't all my innermost part wanted. It was a naughty playmate that can hold witty conversations, talk nonsense and act stupid around me without packaging anything. Someone who has the power to turn me into a talkative even when I don't want to.
I think you take them way too serious when you hear them say those three words to you. Play over it and have fun. Kill that aura of 'big boy' kinda attitude you put up whenever they want to come close. It's a complex on it's own.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by ziggy247: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2022
[color=#990000][/color]Which book are you reading? It can help someone.
narite:

Honestly, I have always thought am the only one like this... same here exactly. I like people and I like to put people above me but once they start to like me or trust me due to my extremely caring attitude which they just can’t ignore, I begin to hate them. Consciously or unconsciously I find ways to sabotage the relationship; Especially when I am involved with a lady. I am 27 and I am perfectly single and lonely for this sole single reason. I just run away from people; those that care about me. Though of recent I am reading a book and I am coming to realized I have been emotionally damaged when I was a boy by mother.
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by doneback04: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
You are going insane my brother.
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by cherryCola: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mikeiron78:

I can tell your life is bleeped up to encourage a fellow human being to commit suicide, what do you gain if he actually does that? This is the highest level of consequences of joblessness.

This shows you the number of mentally unstable people we have in this forum.
How people joke with the word suicide and dead surprise's me.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by zagorakis(m): 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
narite:

Honestly, I have always thought am the only one like this... same here exactly. I like people and I like to put people above me but once they start to like me or trust me due to my extremely caring attitude which they just can’t ignore, I begin to hate them. Consciously or unconsciously I find ways to sabotage the relationship; Especially when I am involved with a lady. I am 27 and I am perfectly single and lonely for this sole single reason. I just run away from people; those that care about me. Though of recent I am reading a book and I am coming to realized I have been
emotionally damaged when I was a boy by mother.

What book are you reading
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by tediks: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
MediMedi:

From my actions and how we talk you wount assume we're not in relationship but soon I hear things like I love you, I miss you all that I start lossing interest till we part ways then bounce back, some wount.

Please, am I normal?
Obviously not normal
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by bepositive11: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
That's not love. It's codependency. We don't hurt people we love, even when we're angry.

The problem is thinking that a woman loves you when you're literally her everything. If you ever find yourself in that situation, just run for your life! Find a woman who's happy on her own.

Nonexisting:
You are perfectly normal. Me too, I hate it and lose interest whenever vaginarians tell me I love you or try to claim me as their boyfriend. I keep telling them to never develop any emotion for me but some of them still won't listen. I like it when they hate me and not love me because those daughters of Jezebel only kill who they love but you see that man they hate, them dey fear am. When they hate their husbands, they run leave the marriage but when they love am, small time they done pour am hot water or use knife kill am. We men are endangered species now.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by SlayerOfSatanst: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
Drsnives you don enter one chancegrin I told you.Now mods dey on top ur matter.You go hear am for body.Next time u go know say u no suppose drop number for a complete stranger in a faceless forum.u go hear am for bodygrin
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
You have misogynism tendencies
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Ebymyk(m): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
Messi1:
You are not normal..infact you will never be normal.Just drink sniper to end the shit.
wicked soul... You drink the sniper and die...
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Ebymyk(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
Karnice600:
You're normal but its not ideal.
For me it used to be, 'have sex once and completely lose interest after.' Funny enough, that's the time she'll come with truck loads of love, becoming clingy and irritating me the more.
Look, to attract a person, build charisma to enhance your strengths.
To keep a partner , work on your character to limit your weaknesses.
For me, I found a way out. I asked myself why I always felt that way. I discovered sex wasn't all my innermost part wanted. It was a naughty playmate that can hold witty conversations, talk nonsense and act stupid around me without packaging anything. Someone who has the power to turn me into a talkative even when I don't want to.
I think you take them way too serious when you hear them say those three words to you. Play over it and have fun. Kill that aura of 'big boy' kinda attitude you put up whenever they want to come close. It's a complex on it's own.

you have experience, nice advice, i have learnt something new today... Thanks...

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Karnice600: 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebymyk:
you have experience, nice advice, i have learnt something new today... Thanks...
Anytime.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by zakkxx: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
You are normal! Follow God and forget about women!
MediMedi:

Please, am I normal?
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Tickles001(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
Delacroix6:

I'm like him.
It's not that simple.
But mine is caused by CPTSD.

Sometimes, I talk to myself like hell no. I'm in my mid 20s and I have never dated a girl. I just chicken out when a lady start feeling something for me. Which is mostly due to my being super flirty and cute... I just can't help self-sabotaging.

At least you know why yours is happening. So it doesn't bother you.
The op seems not to know what causes his'
I'm certain it must be linked to a traumatic experience. But it's a good thing all the same.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Goldbw122(m): 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
MediMedi:

Please, am I normal?
My advice is before entering any relationship, make sure you tell the girl that she should not say "I love you to you". Just make sure.
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Zetty177x: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
No

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by ghettochild(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
You are normal...
Ur experiences have made u lose hope in love...
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by rimijoshua(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
I am having the same issue too.May God help us ooo
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by kelspinall(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2022
i lose interest when gal starts giving me attitude
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by kwasoly(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2022
MediMedi:

Please, am I normal?

You are having rejection
Re: I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? by Charx122: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2022
MediMedi:

Please, am I normal?
We are dating people who are busy doing meet ups with other people while we are still in the picture.

People who are brave to sleep with someone else and come back to sleep with you.

A person who will look deep in your eyes and say I love you while they don't mean it. That's how messed up we are as a nation.

▪️ We are a generation where alcohol is turned into cool drinks.
▪️ Relationship are hobbies.
▪️ Breaking a girl's virginity is an achievement.
▪️ Hurting someone is a joke.
▪️ Beating up your girlfriend is a discipline.
▪️ Nudity became a fashion.
▪️ Suicide becomes natural Death.
▪️ Party after breaking someone's heart.
▪️ And cheating is a part of relationship.

Yeah, We lost our generation!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage / My 70-Year-Old Grandmother Engaged After 20 Years Of Being Single - Twitter User / "Single Mom" Epidemic: Who Is To Blame- Men Or Ladies..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.