Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! (29196 Views)

Church Elder's Joystick Almost Cut For Trying To Sex A Married Woman In Ghana / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video) / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Daughterboard(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
You are correct. My wife used to prepare one kind dry moimoi like that. I don't like eating it because of the after-taste. She prepares the wicked moimoi after exhausting the family allowance and when she does not want to spend her money. I am just managing it because of the efforts she put into the preparation. But one of these days when am bored with myself, I will organise a vawulence protest like the Op husband.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by intruder15(m): 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2022
OriOko88:
You too should stop cooking him moi moi if he says he doesn't like it. A Yoruba adage says, A soup which d husband doesnt like,the wife doesn't cook. You can prepare d moi moi for the kids and you,then prepares his own favorite too. That's d why i don't buy the idea of making time table for food. Why must I be eating a particular food for a specified day. Take for example,why must I eat rice on Saturdays because it's what on the time table..like wtf. A man must eat varieties of food when he so desires.

I think he's frustrated by the boring foods you giving him..spice up ur food and see him change. Ask him what he would like the family to eat before cooking..ditch the food time table for nw. How many men dey eat moi moi these days??
Change ur food time table and see u having ur man back cool

Abeg make e starve jare. So they should cook 2 food on a day that they are to eat moi moi. Which kind suffer be that?
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by bolademi(m): 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:
Am not happy with my husband's utterances towards me. He unapologetically told me my duties are just 2: to give him se. X and to cook. This guy has really hurt me in this marriage, he seems not to know how to talk.

I work and equally contribute to everything. I dont hide my income and i give him for the building we are both building. I am not useless and i am not a liability to him.

How it all started :
Moimoi or beans is for every other Friday or Saturday ( moimoi could be ones in 6 weeks except my kids specially ask for it) but for a while now whenever I prepare any of the 2 he would complain, regect it. He told me he doesn't like them during the week and I will never prepare them Sunday to Thursday. Friday because he won't be going to work the following day. My kids like eating moimoi very well, infact, it is one their best meals. Atimes, they ask for it. My husband sees moimoi and beans as crap. Guys, he buys it and eat it outside!, my moimoi doesn't purge anyone of us. Even him but he'd keep saying he purges with moimoi, it's just an excuse.

It is difficult to cook 2 foods, i will not stop making moimoi or beans because of him, my kids like the meal so much. For the fact that he buys it out there and this food is what we usually enjoy together before now, i cant stop cooking it.

He has in many ways abused me, he is not someone I should even go the extra mile for, he doesnt sacrifice for me, he doesn't respect me, he doesn't stay close to me except when he wants se. X, always going out. He is very scarce at home. I can't cook 2 foods on days i cook moimoi or beans.

And for telling me my duties are just 2 in his life, I feel abused for allowing him have se. X with me all these while, i feel like a kitchen tool for cooking for him. His intentions and motives about a women are so demeaning.

I am feeling so ashamed of myself. He place no value on me.

Try to cook different meal for him. He don’t like the way u make ur moimoi just like the way I don’t like my wife beans she like it dry while I like it watery
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by wealthpreach(m): 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Sorry to say but you're being stubborn to the man.

Your husband can not just wake up and say those things to you. You must have done something that annoyed him to make him say such, prolly to get back at you.

Now, reason I said you're being stubborn is, you know he doesn't like your moimoi, yet you keep making it. As in... Let him do his worse. Abi na?

If you truly care and respect him, you would stop but here you are telling us you can never stop making it because your children like it. By that you're already saying he should go to hell for all you care and he too gets the message reason he chose to be careless with words too.

You claim he buys it outside. What does that tell you? Yours is prolly not as fanimorous ( sorry to say). Now, what have you done to improve your moimoi because there is moimoi and there is mai-mai **chuckles** .
My dad too hated moimoi to the extent that one day after he dropped money for food and asked what we want to prepare, we all chorused moimoi (because we children loved moimoi) and he said "moimoi gbuo gi" that is, "moimoi Kee you". There and then we knew we have tormented this man with this food. So we prepared his favorite, rice and stew.

You need to calm down for your man. You chose to marry him in the first place, so do anything that will make him happy. Coming here after how many children to say you feel ashamed of yourself for letting him sleep with you makes no sense because you too have been sleeping with him. so both of you have used each other. No biggies. Forget and move on.

Look for how to spice up your moimoi. Prepare it for only your children, (give him what he wants) let him perceive your new moimoi, he'll be the one requesting for it.

You don't have to prepare it the same day you're making other meals. You can just make the moimoi on your free days and pack in the fridge for your children so you don't get to overwork yourself.

I need you to speak with someone for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Kronikuz: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Sorry to say but you're being stubborn to the man.

Your husband can not just wake up and say those things to you. You must have done something that annoyed him to make him say such, prolly to get back at you.

Now, reason I said you're being stubborn is, you know he doesn't like your moimoi, yet you keep making it. As in... Let him do his worse. Abi na?

If you truly care and respect him, you would stop but here you are telling us you can never stop making it because your children like it. By that you're already saying he should go to hell for all you care and he too gets the message reason he chose to be careless with words too.

You claim he buys it outside. What does that tell you? Yours is prolly not as fanimorous ( sorry to say). Now, what have you done to improve your moimoi because there is moimoi and there is mai-mai **chuckles** .
My dad too hated moimoi to the extent that one day after he dropped money for food and asked what we want to prepare, we all chorused moimoi (because we children loved moimoi) and he said "moimoi gbuo gi" that is, "moimoi Kee you". There and then we knew we have tormented this man with this food. So we prepared his favorite, rice and stew.

You need to calm down for your man. You chose to marry him in the first place, so do anything that will make him happy. Coming here after how many children to say you feel ashamed of yourself for letting him sleep with you makes no sense because you too have been sleeping with him. so both of you have used each other. No biggies. Forget and move on.

Look for how to spice up your moimoi. Prepare it for only your children, (give him what he wants) let him perceive your new moimoi, he'll be the one requesting for it.

You don't have to prepare it the same day you're making other meals. You can just make the moimoi on your free days and pack in the fridge for your children so you don't get to overwork yourself.
Wisdom too full this your head like say na man you be cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by henrixx(m): 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:
Am not happy with my husband's utterances towards me. He unapologetically told me my duties are just 2: to give him se. X and to cook. This guy has really hurt me in this marriage, he seems not to know how to talk.

I work and equally contribute to everything. I dont hide my income and i give him for the building we are both building. I am not useless and i am not a liability to him.

How it all started :
Moimoi or beans is for every other Friday or Saturday ( moimoi could be ones in 6 weeks except my kids specially ask for it) but for a while now whenever I prepare any of the 2 he would complain, regect it. He told me he doesn't like them during the week and I will never prepare them Sunday to Thursday. Friday because he won't be going to work the following day. My kids like eating moimoi very well, infact, it is one their best meals. Atimes, they ask for it. My husband sees moimoi and beans as crap. Guys, he buys it and eat it outside!, my moimoi doesn't purge anyone of us. Even him but he'd keep saying he purges with moimoi, it's just an excuse.

It is difficult to cook 2 foods, i will not stop making moimoi or beans because of him, my kids like the meal so much. For the fact that he buys it out there and this food is what we usually enjoy together before now, i cant stop cooking it.

He has in many ways abused me, he is not someone I should even go the extra mile for, he doesnt sacrifice for me, he doesn't respect me, he doesn't stay close to me except when he wants se. X, always going out. He is very scarce at home. I can't cook 2 foods on days i cook moimoi or beans.

And for telling me my duties are just 2 in his life, I feel abused for allowing him have se. X with me all these while, i feel like a kitchen tool for cooking for him. His intentions and motives about a women are so demeaning.

seems you're stubborn to your huzzy from the way you sound. your husband probably don ves for you hence now lacks respect for you. this is beyond moi moi matter.

1 Like

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by LadeeE: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
Una two no get problem.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by weslay: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
You have only one duty, to respect n honour him. Do this and know peace.

If he doesn't want moi-moi take it upon your self to never make moi-moi even if the kids demand for it.

Most women don't know shit about men. Men careless about the amount of money you make if you've got no respect for them.

This is why I tell guys to hustle hard. If you've a job, start a side hustle. If you've a business, grow it or diversify. All this "I work and contribute equally" breeds disrespect. If the wife insists on working, it's up to her. But never run Dutch with Nigerian woman.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by sammhi(m): 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

Pls don't
Some men are just jack
Keep praying for him to change
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by ogawisdom(m): 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

If oga doesn't want moi moi please ensure u prepare sth else for him anytime you cook moi moi. This is not hard, just carry soup from fridge n do eba for him. Some of you just like to make trouble
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Antyxx: 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

Divorce the idi.ot
Women like you are the reasons women are suffering
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by silibaba: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
Well,Your odeal is quite disheartening but you see,you are the only one who is still in the position to change whatever thing that has gone wrong in your relationship.We can only judge based on what you shared with us here and if there is more to it we don't know but all the same there can not be two captains in a boat,try to desist from whatever thing that he is complaining about be it food or anything else and don't fail to always pray for your home.Remember some people's own are more challenging than yours so don't give room to too much advice.It is well with you
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Ilekokonit: 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
wis3:
It's just one of those times when people just get fed up with each other for no just reason but he will come around.

A lot of marriage newbies don't realize that the above is waiting round the corner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Echoban: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
To
Lalakas:

How it all started :

Try find out where she use to buy moi moi, buy it , eat it and get the difference between it and d one u prepare, if possible ask the restaurant how they prepare it. Well to me his issue isn't the moi moi but his hell bent on teaching u a bitter lesson due to ur assumed arrogant of still cooking the moi moi..

For now just stop cooking it to massage his ego that uv obeyed him, he is ur husband, we men love our ego respected many times. if u LL start cooking moi moi again, go and buy from the restaurant, study and learn how they cook.

But that word on u is too harsh and rough on a wife.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Ilekokonit: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
tonicyril:
U have known him before u know ur kids pls.

Profound statement.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Cromagnon: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

go back to your papa house na since you're not ready to comply. He didn't ask you to pay bills. You can't force him to like what he doesn't. Marriage is not by force
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Antyxx: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman, and this fact comes in pretty handy especially when you are married to a bully. You already stated that you contribute your fair share in the marriage, along with doing the cooking, so I don't see why you should be treated like a liability in what is your marriage. Since you are already feeling ashamed as a partner in the marriage, it may be time to engage the help of a professional marriage counsellor so you do not end up depressed as well. What you describe is a big flag that it is time for marriage counselling. No one who regards his partner would resort to such comments unless there is a deeper rift somewhere . undecided

Aside from that, this beans/Moi-Moi case should have been a simple issue to resolve. Since he eats beans/Moi-Moi outside, and you only cook it on the weekends - Friday or Saturday - you both could have easily resolved it by having him cook something for himself on the days you make beans or Moi-Moi. No need for the abuse at all. undecided
The only sensible comment
As if hand is paining the idiot
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by stampo: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
I think you should just try something different from what he is used to...

Learn or Cook different delicacies and boost your confidence as a woman.

Try and find out the things he like and eat makes him go out... If possible get those things for him.

Then, let your discussion with him not just be casual but intimate...
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Teymanhenry(f): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

Preferring to please your kids over your husband? You've lost it dear. Your marriage is in your hands. You either use simple logic and wisdom and enjoy your marriage or be stubborn and see it fall apart
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Teymanhenry(f): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
wis3:
It's not like he doesn't eat moi-moi, he buys it outside but dislikes it when it is prepared in the house. It's just one of those times when people just get fed up with each other for no just reason but he will come around. What she needs is to be less available for his every needs and work on her esteem and and will be well.

Possible your'd isn't as good as the one outside. My GF doesn't prepare jollof rice well enough, I told her I'm not a fan, buh I de secretly eat am outside
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Obason22(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
U go choose between ur kids and ur husband

1 Like

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Respectful,low of high test
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by eternallyfocus: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Na devil wan take style scatter there house...to be single mothers na be new things now but most single mother regret it...
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Lastborn0074: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Its either she is not telling us sth or she forced herself on the man. Either way, love is absent.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Antyxx: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
rippa:

My dear save yourself stress
No man will disrespect you because you are a woman except u invited the disrespect to yourself.
That lady knows exactly what she is doing.
If the man had not complain about it before the abuse, it would have been a case of the man is bad, not when he have been constantly repeating the same thing but the woman is not ready to adjust. Well, the man get time sha. If na me ; I will just avoid her food totally.
Lazy fool, avoid her fool lol, they hold your hand not to cook abi? As if you are doing her a favour by eating her food, no be your fault, na the mumu women wey deey cook dey causee all those kind rubbish

1 Like

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Antyxx: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
Daughterboard:
You are correct. My wife used to prepare one kind dry moimoi like that. I don't like eating it because of the after-taste. She prepares the wicked moimoi after exhausting the family allowance and when she does not want to spend her money. I am just managing it because of the efforts she put into the preparation. But one of these days when am bored with myself, I will organise a vawulence protest like the Op husband.
Ode, so your hand iss paining you, you dont know the way to the kitchen?
Oh my God, some femaless are so embarrasing, imagine this rrubbiush

1 Like

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by davidugboaja: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
For me, the man has stated the problem he is having, food and sex. I know the way he communicated it is wrong but the problem has been stated.

For the food, to me is not the major problem, but sex, yes it is.

If you can be sincere, i believe the man has asked for sex more than once and you have turn him down ( more than 4 occasions ).

I know its not easy for you, the work, the kids, and the house work then add up with sex.

So, the solution, forgive him with the way he talked to you, remove the bitterness

Give him better sex and apologize

Try and find a better way to explain to him why you have turn down on him when he needed sex (after the birth of your kids, have you ever initiated for sex or he is the one making the move always?), then you too should find a better to easy your duties so as to be free to give him sex.

My opinion sha
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Chizzychinny: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
Moi Moi and Beans are not the main issue but you gat to stop cooking them. They're underlining issues which he doesn't want to say out instead, using those words. So you have to talk to him and also check yourself if you did something.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

If you cheated on him during your courtship and your bodycount is more than 3, YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU'RE GETTING NOW.

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Malory: 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

That's what women are. A sex and kitchen object.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by rippa(m): 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Antyxx:

Lazy fool, avoid her fool lol, they hold your hand not to cook abi? As if you are doing her a favour by eating her food, no be your fault, na the mumu women wey deey cook dey causee all those kind rubbish
Lolzz
Nawa oo
See bitterness
God save us from people like dis o
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
wis3:
For man to tell woman say she's only for cooking and se.x shows he has lost whatever regards he has for her.
Shut up with your nonsense and nonsense mentality. What do you about men? YOU ARE NOT EVEN A MAN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Declares LG Marriage Certificates Illegal / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women. / How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.