Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? (43614 Views)

Could I Be Responsible For The Pregnancy Or A Setup? / Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? / Should I Abort This Pregnancy Or Leave It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
I need help. Could she be saying the truth or she's trying to hook.

I'm in a very stable relationship and as a matter fact, I'll be getting married to the love of my world, the one whom my heart continuously long for daily in next month.

Nevertheless, there's this lady whom happened to be an old friend for about 2 years now. We've been very close chat buddies and virtually could discuss anything online to each other (I mean anything). On one occasion, she suggested we meet up at my place to watch a movie Twilight together. Well, since I wasn't doing anything in particular for the weekend and my fiance wasn't in town, why not? (Trust me, my intents was pure and genuine).

The Saturday came, and we did have a lovely time together until the devil struck. One thing led to another and we both ended up kissing and eventually had sex. I wasn't careless not to have not used a protection but I could remember the condom coming off at a Point and was quickly replaced with another new one. Trust me guyz, we both felt bad immediately after the incident and both apologized to one another and that was it.

Fast forward to the present, I got a call from her for the first time after that incident (I had to cut off all communication with her after what happened) and she broke the news to me that she was feeling a little different which prompted her to go do a test, and to my greatest shock, she said it came out positive, SHE IS PREGNANT!!!

How is this even possible? We made our precisely on the 30th of July and the test results shows she's about 2weeks pregnant (Note: the test results shows it was carried out on the 12th of August. Moreover, I never even released when the condom came off into her and we had to remove it. How is it possible?

Now, the mother called and even asked to see me in person that, the daughter already explained all that ensued between us, and I should come and let's discuss our next move, that no daughter of hers gives birth outside wedlock.

In all these, I am so confused. The honest truth is, I never told the lady in particular I was getting married in the month of September. My wife to be does know her as just a friend and that's all but kept my wedding plans away from the lady despite how opened we were to each other.

Nairalanders, I am so confused. I have cried, begged her, pleaded with her to come clean with me, but she insists I was the only one she meet within that time frame. Even in the presence of her mother, she kept asking her, are you sure? She kept insisting I was the only one she had sex with last month.

My world is presently on pause mode as I don't know what to thing anymore. But I am 99.9% sure I am not responsible for the pregnancy. I even requested she used my hospital for a second test and it still came out positive.

I am currently, planning on telling my wife to be the whole truth and before then, involve our counselling pastor. I can't bring myself to tell my family despite the fact her mother keep insisting she comes to see my mother.

My inner most being tells me I am been set up, because I remember vividly on that night, she kept insisting I remove the condom that it was hurting her but I insisted.

Could the pregnancy be truly mine? Do I come clean to my babe? Do I just runaway? So many questions and I am deeply depressed and sad on how I got myself into the terrible mess. At this moment, I deserve whatever insults is thrown at me. I truly deserve them, BUT I NEVER FOR ONCE DOUBT my love for my wife to be, I truly love her...

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by fman(m): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
My advice to u is to go and run a scan on the pregnant girl and read ur calendar well.
But before you read ur calendar, mind you sperm can thrive in the cervix of a woman up to 3days. From the scan results, u will see the developmental stages of the foetus, how many weeks old it is...Now u substrate it from the date u had sex wt the girl. If it tallies, Abobby na you get the belle.If it does not Tally, just raise your hands and thank God, cos no be u get the belle. Show her your findings, she will confess the truth.

290 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2022
Romanoff:
You are not responsible for that pregnancy.

You'd need at least 12 days before a missed period before you can be pregnant or even start "feeling somehow".

There's no pregnancy test that can say how far along she is, only an ultrasound can do that and she can never be two weeks pregnant.

She should be at least 4 weeks and some days pregnant with a thick endometrium with or without a gestational sac.

Take that lady to do an ultrasound in a good facility. Only an ultrasound sound can be accurate on dating a pregnancy. Last menstrual period isn't reliable due to irregularities of menstrual cycle.

If after the scan, the dates correlate, it would be time to come clean to your fiancee and be ready to deal with the consequences.

Pregnancy starts from the first day of last period, that week is week 1. So the week after a missed period is week 5.

Thanks for this wonderful insight, a doctor friend just confirmed this to me.

214 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
frozen70:
The issue here is not a new trick

You already had a marriage plan going on

Go ahead and inform your wife to be and continue with your marriage plans

As for the lady, you have to le the her know that, you are not sure you are responsible for the pregnancy

But if she insist, you will have to run a DNA test after the child is born and you have nothing again to say

If her mother insist on seeing you tell her the same thing in a polite manner

That doesn't mean that you won't take care of her while the pregnancy is on

Don't ever make any promises of marriage to her no matter the pressure

With all the above
DNA will prove if it's your child or not and if it's your child, then be ready to take care of the child while the child remains with the mother

She on her own side, knows the true father of the child

It's now left for her to keep the child that's thats if she is 100% sure is your child

Or take the pregnancy to the real owner

Or terminate the pregnancy because she knows that it's not yours

Then she will come up with the story that she had miscarriage

Don't advice her to terminate it

She knows what to do with it and she knows the real owner
I have made it clear to her mum, I have no intentions of marrying her daughter & we never for once even discussed US. We were simply just friends. Yes i know, sound so stupid of me, but that's just the truth. It just happened and I told the mother just that without mincing words. But she just kept saying BUT DID YOU SLEEP WITH HER YES OR NO? I felt terrible...

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by advanceDNA: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2022
Look man....just tell you wife to be so she can make her decision to stay or go...
...tell the other girl and her mother too that you have a wedding a few weeks time....so that they dont just keep thinking you are an available marriage opportunity......

Geez what is wrong with some mothers.. so marriage to a man that doesnt want your daughter is the next thing because she's pregnant

But i have a strong feelimg mother and daughter wants to run you street..paternity fraud loading.....

223 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
Baronthecelebri:
you see, when they tell you guys to be careful with women, you'll be claiming sharp guy. From your story you're not the father, she was pregnant before she came to you. Listen when a woman give you free thing she has an evil agenda. Swallow the redpill, stand your ground and don't be a SIMP
Thanks for the advice.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2022
Saintmary:

I don't mean to make you feel bad, in fact I typed those things so that you can know the danger of adultery in marriage.

What is done is done, ask God to forgive you, restore you and ask for help so you won't put your spouse in danger anymore.

As for the pregnancy, tell her you will take responsibility after DNA test, that's after delivery if she wishes to keep it.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you. I do feel better spilling this out. Honestly these past weeks have been terrible. Talking about it here make me feel slightly relieved.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ishilove:
Op RecadMe, you are a bot. I don chop ban two times on top your mata.

All you commenters, comment without quoting the op to avoid getting banned by Aunty Spam Butt

Unfollows thread*
Thanks for the observation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2022
pregnancy test positive 12 days after having sex?!?!?! what kind of pregnancy is that??!!? bro, the babe was either pregnant already and istrying to pin someone else's baby on you and/or she is NOT pregnant and just want to blackmail you into marrying her with this fake pregnancy story....either way, you will probably lose your gf in the same process, and hopefully that will be a great lesson for you to learn.

either way, you have shown the world that you cant be trusted, unfaithful, deceitful and lack control. what person in their right mind would want to marry someone like that?!?!

BTW if your girl goes to watch movies in a cozy setting with dudes, would you like that?!?!?

123 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
pregnancy test positive 12 days after having sex?!?!?! what kind of pregnancy is that??!!? bro, the babe was either pregnant already and istrying to pin someone else's baby on you and/or she is NOT pregnant and just want to blackmail you into marrying her with this fake pregnancy story....either way, you will probably lose your gf in the same process, and hopefully that will be a great lesson for you to learn.

either way, you have shown the world that you cant be trusted, unfaithful, deceitful and lack control. what person in their right mind would want to marry someone like that?!?!

BTW if your girl goes to watch movies in a cozy setting with dudes, would you like that?!?!?
It is well. Thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
It was just this once. I deserve all that's thrown at me at this moment but for the records, I have NEVER cheated on my fiancee in the last two years we have been together, not for once. But then again, this means nothing after this one slip especially knowing fully well I was even getting married in days. I feel worse already okay. Let he who is without sin...

12 Likes

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by Ginaz(f): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
you have to come clean with your wife. there's no way to get out of the mess you have given room to manifest. she has to know then call an elder with wisdom in whom you respect to handle the pregnant girl and her mother. DNA test should be done.

27 Likes

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by Ishilove: 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
JudgeNotHi:

I have made it clear to her mum, I have no intentions of marrying her daughter & we never for once even discussed US. We were simply just friends. Yes i know, sound so stupid of me, but that's just the truth. It just happened and I told the mother just that without mincing words. But she just kept saying BUT DID YOU SLEEP WITH HER YES OR NO? I felt terrible...
Congratulations bro grin

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ginaz:
you have to come clean with your wife. there's no way to get out of the mess you have given room to manifest. she has to know then call an elder with wisdom in whom you respect to handle the pregnant girl and her mother. DNA test should be done.
Telling her is a big problem I just have to say the truth, I'm thinking of going through her mother whom I have a very close relationship with or our counsellor? I can't take back what I have done but now I am cork sure I ain't responsible for the pregnancy.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ishilove:

Congratulations bro grin
Please, what's with the congratulations for God's sake ? Okay I messed up, so what next?

4 Likes

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by Ishilove: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2022
JudgeNotHi:

Please, what's with the congratulations for God's sake ? Okay I messed up, so what next?
What next is... Take your friend to do the ultrasound as Romanoff has suggested, and if the date correlates with the day you tripped and fell into her vagina, then, young man, you are fvcked. Pun not intended.

Take responsibility, confess to your fiancee and just hope to God that she forgives you. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone (although in this case you deserve to be flogged with fake Oraimo charger cord).

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2022

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by JudgeNotHi: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2022
goodamerican:
That it ―you sleeping with this other lady― is your first slip in the 2-years and 3-months of being in a relationship with your fiancée doesn't mean you get a free pass. You're not supposed to have any slips at all, definitely not when you're in a committed relationship with or about to marry another. Tbh, you chatting with this other lady about "anything" (an emotional affair) is you slipping way before this happened, which you saw nothing wrong with and which you most definitely would've continued into your marriage had this not happened now.

Whether this pregnancy is yours or not, your fiancée deserves to know what happened. You'd want to make sure you're walking into the marriage with no skeletons in your closet and with a clean conscience. However she takes it is something you've to prepare for. If you cared about protecting your relationship with her in the first place, you would've cut off this your friendship relationship with this other lady long before this happened.

Lesson learnt the hardest of ways & I really pray for God's guidance in overcoming this trail.
I have been so reluctant towards moving on with wedding preparations & my fiancee on few occasions did ask what was wrong, I simply blamed it on the whole preparation thingy and the day fast approaching.

I do appreciate the advice. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by noble71(m): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2022
shocked
You made out with someone and pregnancy is here, what where you expecting? Bag of Agbado?

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by Gkay1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2022
U are not a discipline somebody,
Can u tell us the exence of your chat with the other lady, why u invited her if u don't have intention of sleeping with her ?. All this your grammar is an excuse to me.
U slept with the lady because your fiance is not around.
The lady u slept with don't have boyfriend or fiance ?
Who is deceiving who,
U better don't inform them that u are about to marry or else they can destroy your life for u.
Check the date u sex her and compare with the date of the belle, then u will know if u are d one or not.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by RedpillAnalyst: 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
1) You can shift the marriage forward a bit. Your marriage is starting on a rough path if your wife is aware of it. Most likely won't go well, so be cautious.

2) There is pre-birth DNA Test, but expensive and has to be at a later trimester in the pregnancy.

3) You must be a good man. Women know guys who are good step daddies or good father who won't smell paternity fraud.

4) Fornication never results in anything positive.

Bonus: Where is her dad? Is her mum still married to her father? If she is a single mum. They are both scammers.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by iLegendd(m): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
The consequences of pleasure.

1 Like

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by Robisky001(m): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
grin grin

Cause
And
Effect.

1 Like

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
If her bodycount is more than two, THEN SHE'S A WHORÈ AND YOU MIGHT NOT BE RESPONSIBLE.

An average Nigerian girl these days within the age of 21-28 has between 3-8 bodycount, including with at least one married man.
They just spread their loose legs carelessly and recklessly, WITH OR WITHOUT CONDOM.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
grin
Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by backtovillage: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
OP you are a comedian gringrin
Alaye na set up.
Run for your life.
God I also want to write "one thing lead to another, I break her mouth". !!!! cry

4 Likes

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by BESTScientist1: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
Something tells me OP want to generate money with this HEN and GOAT story

3 Likes

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by jeff1993: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
U deserve all the blames thrown at u ..... But then the deed has been done and we are MEN!!!..

Tell the Mum that u will take care of her daughter til she gives birth and would perform a paternity test on the baby after birth!!

DNT let anyone force a marriage on u .... After the paternity test .... If the baby is yours u take care of it ., If is not, u leave herto her lying mother.

16 Likes

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by VeryWickedMan: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Tell her you want another test with your own doctor.
Arrange with your doctor to abort the baby if positive without her knowledge. If negative, play along.

If she refuses the test, ignore her and move on with your life.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by Dialpad: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lol ... mother and daughter scam loading....

Where is she from

2 Likes

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lol.

Tell her to give birth but that you won't be part of the child's life.

I feel she wants to run you streets.

What does the mother mean by she can't give birth outside wedlock?

But she got pregnant outside wedlock.

She must have accessed you as a nice guy.

It's even possible she slept with another guy raw same day and maybe she knows it's her ovulation, so she will get pregnant and pin it on nice guy.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? by WHITELIGHTER: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Awof dey purge belle....
How do men fall for the 101 basic women trap?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Almost Lost My Little Daughter Practicing What She Saw On TV - Nigerian Man / Baby Girl Surrounded By 4 Brothers (Photos) / Baby Found Alive On Mum’s Back 24hrs After Bandits Shot Her Dead (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.