Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? (2424 Views)

She Took My Man And Still Fired Me, I Want To Expose Her Pls Advise Me / Her Boyfriend Is Ugly But He Wants To Marry Her-pls Advise / I Disvirgined Her, Pls Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Prolificdeman: 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
I'm a Crypto trader, and my lifestyle is more of a solitude type. I met her about 5 months ago, though the relationship start-off in more of a funny manner. She complements my lifestyle reason I choose to stick with her.

I must say, she's respectful and a very good listener and highly caring. But my only problem with her is her Use of English.

Somehow, I noticed its a foundational issue. She went to a bad primary and secondary school. And secondly she kept dull friends who doesn't help her improve herself. She's a very slow learner. I have tried my very best to avail her some resources to aid her growth, yet little or no improvement from her end.

I referred her to quora, some facebook groups and our own Nairaland, yet from one excuse to another.

I believe everyone can't be so smart but one should able to express themselves, and be intelligent to a functional capacity.

I'm from a background where people compete so much with educational and literary prowess, now imagine rolling with someone that can barely write few lines without an error.

To be honest, I'm not the womanising type and my profession barely gives me such privileged.

I personally love this lady due to her godly and caring nature(wife material) and won't want this stuff to set us apart.

I'm afraid of ending up with a slow partner that may likely affect the next generation. And I'm keen on helping her in a every way I could.

People that have had such experience, how did you help your partner grow.

PS: I have to rush here to type this stuff without proper proofreading after we had a heated argument this afternoon because of this same issue.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by fman(m): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
You need to calm down and take your time to educate her.
All these crypto traders I fear una!!

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Cypress042(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
See finish is a very bad thing.

First, Is english your mother tongue ?

And secondly if she can't express herself, how then did you guys have a heated arguement this afternoon ?

Mr. you need to think twice, wife material scarce o sad

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by OscarJaden(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2022
If you get married to her
Who will be doing the Children assignments when you are not around....

Enroll her in English classes if you claim to love her

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by BrotherCork: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2022
Prolificdeman:
I'm a Crypto trader, and my lifestyle is more of a solitude type. I met her about 5 months ago, though the relationship start-off in more of a funny manner. She complements my lifestyle reason I choose to stick with her.

I must say, she's respectful and a very good listener and highly caring. But my only problem with her is her Use of English.

Somehow, I noticed its a foundational issue. She went to a bad primary and secondary school. And secondly she kept dull friends who doesn't help her improve herself. She's a very slow learner. I have tried my very best to avail her some resources to aid her growth, yet little or no improvement from her end.

I referred her to quora, some facebook groups and our own Nairaland, yet from one excuse to another.

I believe everyone can't be so smart but one should able to express themselves, and be intelligent to a functional capacity.

I'm from a background where people compete so much with educational and literary prowess, now imagine rolling with someone that can barely write few lines without an error.

To be honest, I'm not the womanising type and my profession barely gives me such privileged.

I personally love this lady due to her godly and caring nature(wife material) and won't want this stuff to set us apart.

I'm afraid of ending up with a slow partner that may likely affect the next generation. And I'm keen on helping her in a every way I could.

People that have had such experience, how did you help your partner grow.

PS: I have to rush here to type this stuff without proper proofreading after we had a heated argument this afternoon because of this same issue.

Is she lightskin? angry

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by NotBeenPaid: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2022

Stop wasting your time or hers if you can't accept her the way she is. There's no perfect human out there.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by parkervero(m): 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
Allow her to speak pidgin English, then. Who the use of English epp?
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by BirtherOfKings(f): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2022
U like her, just accept her and pray she wld become interested in learning more
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Blackdeewhy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
Certainly in Nigeria of today, you will see a good HOME TEACHER who will brush her up in no time with 10-20k every month.
Get the lady English teacher and stop ranting...
Or better still you go for a lady who speak fluently.
NB
Just know that their will be pro and cons to this.
Ire oooo

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by tayo60(f): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
Someone who is ready to learn will be serious when being taught. Her attitude towards learning proper English shows she isn't willing to learn and such person will be difficult to teach, even in other areas. If you can't cope and accept her the way she is, you can call d relationship off.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by EmiDon11: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2022
Oga, bring her to me let me teach her and stop complaining

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by superCleanworks(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2022

If you like, listen to people telling you SIT HER DOWN, TAKE HER TO SCHOOL, IF YOU LOVE HER, IS ENGLISH OUR MOTHER TONGUE?
she would dump you or mock you with her LEARNED boyfriend if tables were reversed. Life is too short to worry about a girl you have not married. it is just like you are writing an exam but you want to spend all your hours solving one question when there are 100 others with less problems.

You want to start teach an adult how to read & write? All the stress. Is that what you should be enjoying in your relationship? You can't even go out with her. Even in private she will still disgrace you with her text/whatsapp messages. Even if you take her to Havard, she will still turn back tomorrow and use her enhanced grammar to say WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THAT NOBODY HAS DONE FOR ME BEFORE?

5 months? you try sha. Maybe her pussy lips speak better in languages that you like and that is why you have kept her for so long. My dieck can't even shift if we can't have a proper conversation at first sight. Men dey try sha.

Dump her and find the one that suits you so she can also find someone who is comfortable with her jagajaga grammar and everything will be balanced. Stay with her & you will keep frustrating her and yourself too. One day she might get pissed off with your endless corrections, pour hot water on you and claim that you always make her feel bad & bullied.

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by tee59(f): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2022
It's a matter of choice. If she's too dull and can't comprehend things, and also poor in english as well, don't marry her. Except you're ready to invest in her to meet up with the standard you want. Intelligence in children is gotten from their mothers. Even no matter what, think of your children academic performance in future. Your babe is not intelligent.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by TinubuThief: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2022
grin
This one don go carry our olosho tout wey we dey enjoy for street.
Las las , we go return to us again after u don enjoy your own quota

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by superCleanworks(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
TinubuThief:
grin
This one don go carry our olosho tout wey we dey enjoy for street.
Las las , we go return to us again after u don enjoy your own quota

all those babes wey their gist no pass NEW PHONE, BBN & WizKid. Just mention words like MICROSOFT, INDUSTRY, BUSINESS, FUTURE PLAN, CENTIMETER around them and they will be mute forever and start pressing their phone. grin
their favorite songs are -
SCHOOL NA SCAM
ADULTHOOD NA SCAM
KOROBA by Tiwa Savage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by flyingdutchman(m): 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
Enrol her for IELTS classes for 8 months. Thank me later.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by jeromestarks: 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
A child's intelligence is from the mother; don't marry a woman who doesn't have good memory or who can not keep up with intelligent conversation.
Op, just keep Fvcking that girl and dump her when you're ready to marry.
Do otherwise and regret.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by jeromestarks: 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
superCleanworks:

all those babes wey their gist no pass NEW PHONE, BBN & WizKid. Just mention words like MICROSOFT, INDUSTRY, BUSINESS, FUTURE PLAN, CENTIMETER around them and they will be mute forever and start pressing their phone. grin
their favorite songs are -
SCHOOL NA SCAM
ADULTHOOD NA SCAM
KOROBA by Tiwa Savage
Thumbs up for you man.

I wrote my daily plan on a piece of paper because I might forget something due to office activities.
One stupid girl I was initially planning to ask out saw the paper and began to laugh. She called her dump friend and both foolish girls laughed together. They were like "why will someone write his programs down?"
I smiled scantily and continued my work. That was the day I ditched the plan of asking the pretty girl out.

Another girl saw it and was like "hmmm. You're an intelligent man. I do this too". We became good friends with her later that day.

Moral lesson: don't date stupid girls and don't keep foolish people around you; they're worst than COVID-19.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hmmm crypto
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by GoldenJAT(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2022
YOU CAN DO VERY LITTLE HERE!!
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Machalla(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2022
If she has good character don't leave her for rude grammarian that will nag you to death. It hard to find good lady these days o. Nah shaku shaku ladies full everywhere now grin

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
Many valuable relationships have ended in disaster because one side thinks they can change the other. You can't change her — and shouldn’t even try to in the first place. Her grammar is her problem. And your family completing for educational and literary prowess makes everything worse.

If her grammar is not a big deal for you, you could encourage her to improve. But unless you sign her up for a diction school or app (I think the BBC has one), I doubt there's anything else you can do to "help" her. Quora, Nairaland, and Facebook Groups will not improve her English even if she tried. Alternatively, she could read news sites like the BBC and The UK Guardian to learn how native English speakers write and talk, but that will only work if she's the type who likes reading the news and is interested in studying how English is written and spoken.

Other than that, if her grammar is a big deal for you, and her good characteristics are not enough to compensate for it, end everything and let her go.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Cravemore: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
Install Duolingo on her phone. She can learn English from there including maths.

Dem dey form hard babe everywhere" All this girls wey no fit call clients for phone self. grin
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by techWriter3: 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
You necessity to serenity down and take your time to educate her
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Connected1: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2022
tee59:
It's a matter of choice. If she's too dull and can't comprehend things, and also poor in english as well, don't marry her. Except you're ready to invest in her to meet up with the standard you want. Intelligence in children is gotten from their mothers. Even no matter what, think of your children academic performance in future. Your babe is not intelligent.
Who the hell told you this?

You guys will just be giving advices anyhow.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Connected1: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
If her spoken or written English is the only problem she got, then I would say you are lucky.

Patience Jonathan isn't better and her husband was a president/lecturer, you should complement her.

Don't stress her to learn, atleast you guys can communicate properly, you are more concerned about how she will impress your friends and families.

NB: if you dump her and marry wahala, those people you want to impress won't be at your home to suffer with you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by BenjaminDomer: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
Her type will do well in church...

She will be a professional speaking in tongues grin

Both in church and in the bedroom grin
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Itohanmiwa: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
Encourage her to download elevate app and be serious with playing the games everyday. That app is highly underrated and has to ability to turn one to a genius.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by TheirFADA: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
omo
na big big turn off for me o if you can't express yourself in English

i won't even ask you out
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Hintona(f): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
Why will you refer her to nairaland to learn how to speak English properly? undecided
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by casdoruche: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
I had a friend like that too. Always speak to her and correct her immediately. Two or three corrections she will learn

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Take On Why Men And Women Can't Be Friends. / She Texted Me That She's Pregnant �and She Ain't My Girlfriend, What Do I Do / 12 Types Of Women -(strictly 4 Men)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.