Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? (2452 Views)

She Took My Man And Still Fired Me, I Want To Expose Her Pls Advise Me / Her Boyfriend Is Ugly But He Wants To Marry Her-pls Advise / I Disvirgined Her, Pls Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by BrotherCork: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
Prolificdeman:
I'm a Crypto trader, and my lifestyle is more of a solitude type. I met her about 5 months ago, though the relationship start-off in more of a funny manner. She complements my lifestyle reason I choose to stick with her.

I must say, she's respectful and a very good listener and highly caring. But my only problem with her is her Use of English.

Somehow, I noticed its a foundational issue. She went to a bad primary and secondary school. And secondly she kept dull friends who doesn't help her improve herself. She's a very slow learner. I have tried my very best to avail her some resources to aid her growth, yet little or no improvement from her end.

I referred her to quora, some facebook groups and our own Nairaland, yet from one excuse to another.

I believe everyone can't be so smart but one should able to express themselves, and be intelligent to a functional capacity.

I'm from a background where people compete so much with educational and literary prowess, now imagine rolling with someone that can barely write few lines without an error.

To be honest, I'm not the womanising type and my profession barely gives me such privileged.

I personally love this lady due to her godly and caring nature(wife material) and won't want this stuff to set us apart.

I'm afraid of ending up with a slow partner that may likely affect the next generation. And I'm keen on helping her in a every way I could.

People that have had such experience, how did you help your partner grow.

PS: I have to rush here to type this stuff without proper proofreading after we had a heated argument this afternoon because of this same issue.

Is her name Prettygirl200 sir?...she the only known Nairaland babe who can't spek English sir angry
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by kumulus(m): 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
Prolificdeman:

I referred her to quora, some facebook groups and our own Nairaland, yet from one excuse to another.

…….And I'm keen on helping her in a every way I could.

You have here a woman who doesn’t see the development of her faculties as her own responsibility, why are you making it your own problem??

Responsibility is not a skill learned nor taught, it’s a choice made. ~ WMM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Slmgirldippussy: 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
Choose one
Smelling TOTO

Bad Grammar
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Newborn27(f): 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Op come and employ me...I can tutor her...I won't charge you much....we can do ODL (open and distance learning) trust me.... She'd be fine with time.

Responsible ladies are scarce out there these days.. Don't Miss your chances of marrying your dream girl...no human is perfect.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by omolasho: 4:04am On Aug 28, 2022
If you want to live a peaceful marriage all the days of your life, understand the grand aim of picking a wife. Ask yourself, what is my aim of marrying this girl? Is it her beauty?; it shall fail before your eyes. Is it her money?; it shall never matter. MARRY A MOTHER FOR YOUR UNBORN CHILDREN! This is the best gift you shall give your children and generally yourself. Mentally and emotionally viable, reputable family background, educated and presently or potentially capable of making a living on her own.

When she doesn't have have these legendary attributes, she knows and will try to improvise through APPARENT CARING(constant calls and texts, errands and chores, wild sex). The problem is that this fake persona is not sustainable because she will surely wear herself out and show her true colour if you don't rush onto marriage with her. Peace o!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Slynation(m): 4:12am On Aug 28, 2022
OscarJaden:
If you get married to her
Who will be doing the Children assignments when you are not around....

Enroll her in English classes if you claim to love her
The only thing about this kind of people is that they will always see it as an insults...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Blue86(m): 7:00am On Aug 28, 2022
She is not slow. Her grammar is not just good. Let her watch English speaking movies often, with time she will improve.

Character surpasses by far diction and vocab, any day any time.

Come, English na your tongue.

Why una dey proud in perfect English speaking sef.

T.B Joshua, no fit speak grammar.
And people dey flock come meet am.
But with time He improved.

Please, don't follow environment influence, to grow old and regret that you placed what is trivial over what was really needed.
You know aged people regret the decisions they made in later years, when they look back.
Because of the environmental influences in their day.
Prolificdeman:
I'm a Crypto trader, and my lifestyle is more of a solitude type. I met her about 5 months ago, though the relationship start-off in more of a funny manner. She complements my lifestyle reason I choose to stick with her.

I must say, she's respectful and a very good listener and highly caring. But my only problem with her is her Use of English.

Somehow, I noticed its a foundational issue. She went to a bad primary and secondary school. And secondly she kept dull friends who doesn't help her improve herself. She's a very slow learner. I have tried my very best to avail her some resources to aid her growth, yet little or no improvement from her end.

I believe everyone can't be so smart but one should able to express themselves, and be intelligent to a functional capacity.

I'm from a background where people compete so much with educational and literary prowess, now imagine rolling with someone that can barely write few lines without an error.

To be honest, I'm not the womanising type and my profession barely gives me such privileged.

I personally love this lady due to her godly and caring nature(wife material) and won't want this stuff to set us apart.

I'm afraid of ending up with a slow partner that may likely affect the next generation. And I'm keen on helping her in a every way I could.

People that have had such experience, how did you help your partner grow.

PS: I have to rush here to type this stuff without proper proofreading after we had a heated argument this afternoon because of this same issue.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by ITbomb(m): 7:13am On Aug 28, 2022
Having a fight already over this shows that she may be hard to correct.

Maybe the way you are correcting her hurt her ego, manner of approach can ruin a good intention

Problem now is that she has established a very high standard of care and respect for the next girl coming and you will be comparing any new girl with her.
And like someone here said, na wotowoto full street now, kobo type tongue

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by obaaderemi: 7:29am On Aug 28, 2022
superCleanworks:

all those babes wey their gist no pass NEW PHONE, BBN & WizKid. Just mention words like MICROSOFT, INDUSTRY, BUSINESS, FUTURE PLAN, CENTIMETER around them and they will be mute forever and start pressing their phone. grin
their favorite songs are -
SCHOOL NA SCAM
ADULTHOOD NA SCAM
KOROBA by Tiwa Savage
Centimeter... grin grin

And when you chat with them, they keep saying "lol", "lols", "lolz", and such nonsensical stuff.

You can't fvcking discuss world affairs or any serious thing beyond local entertainment with them. Sex and money are their turn on.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by superCleanworks(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2022
obaaderemi:

Sex and money are their turn on.

90% of them are boring in bed, don't let that big booty lure you. Always broke because they know NOTHING about money apart from spending it on juju, drugs & clothes.
their favourite quote is YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by PUSSYHOE(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2022
Blackdeewhy:
Certainly in Nigeria of today, you will see a good HOME TEACHER who will brush her up in no time with 10-20k every month.
Get the lady English teacher and stop ranting...
Or better still you go for a lady who speak fluently.
NB
Just know that their will be pro and cons to this.
Ire oooo

All women get plenty coma pass pros
Re: My Girlfriend's Grammar Is Terrible, How Can I Help Her Pls? by Prolificdeman: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2022
Well, after much deliberations we parted ways this morning. It was a very though decision. Both parties are still in pain, but I believe this will give her room to grow and work on herself.

Still the best decision at the moment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes You Think You Are Weird? / Sex And Spirituality / Are We Officially Dating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.