Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) (34393 Views)

How To Print Your Guarantor's Form For Nigerian Passport Online / How Can I Apply For An International Passport Online / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sunshinny:

Im about to pay for it but im scared.
How did you get your guarantor form?

After paying on their site, what else do i need to do?
Search for Nigeria passport quarantor's form.
Click on the link.
Fill in your details then print your quarantor's form.

1 Like

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
Flourhine:
Please I want to renew my passport this week..how were u guys was able to do it online personally i need someone to give me the site or give me the needed information about the whole stuff..thank u
Just go to their website.

This link to their passport application portal

https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/application

Click on New application (first picture)

Click on Renew passport (second picture)

Fill in your information.

Follow instructions.

Good luck

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by Artery: 12:27am On Jan 21, 2023
For someone who applied via DIY & captured on November 7 last year at Festac Office, Lagos, will the passport be ready for collection now?
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by larawytte: 6:20am On Jan 22, 2023
HELLASJ:
thank you! E go shock them I no go pay shimgbain.. I go call servicom for them grin

Laughing! You stuborn oh! Please what is the DIY procedure? And which state you go run am?

Thanks!
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 2:28am On Jan 23, 2023
larawytte:

Laughing! You stuborn oh! Please what is the DIY procedure? And which state you go run am?

Thanks!
Lol...
Just go NIS website and apply then pay for your passport online.
Then carry with you all the necessary documents stated on their website while going for capturing.

They'll tell you to fast track, no gree, na their way of chopping ur money.

Good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 2:29am On Jan 23, 2023
Artery:
For someone who applied via DIY & captured on November 7 last year at Festac Office, Lagos, will the passport be ready for collection now?
Go there March, your passport would be produced by then.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by NaMe4: 2:28pm On Jan 23, 2023
sihamey:

Update on my DIY
Visited Immigration office PH On 13th October to submit my file and get it ready before my capturing date next day as directed. All I saw nothing but corruption.

Getting there Officer directed me to go arrange my file at business center next building. Reaching there the guy told me to pay 1k for the file arrangement , I ask him what kind of arrangement ? He said ; Just to put my documents inside the file and give it back to me to return to immigration office, I said okay let me buy the file and do the arrangement myself he refused, I asked him to show me the file he arranged for others, he obliged I scan through it to observe how he arranged it, since I came with all required documents, I move across bought file 50 Naira arrange my documents head back to immigration office, I was directed to savicon office, reaching there I was ask if I did online I responded is there anyone they do offline smiley I saw unfriendly expression on his face he ask me to wait for his colleague (PRO) he is in charge of file submission. Meanwhile I told myself I must submit this file today and I will not pay Shi Shi.
I grab seat and waited for the PRO, when he arrived he checked my file every thing was in Oder he asked me to pay 5k I responded what for he said logistics, I responded ; I don’t have 5k and I did not see anywhere on the immigration website that required me paying additional 5k to submit file
After arguments he directed me to meet PA to controller I moved to the controller office, I approached her and laid my complaint she directed me to another office, getting to the office she directed it happens that the woman is in charge of the Savicon unit and friendly person, she said she will advised I pay the 5k as PRO ask for, I said okay they should give me account number to transfer the money I don’t have cash, she said it must be cash at hand, I know they want to avoid implications as if they know what I plan to do after payment.
What I discovered is that all the top officials in immigration office share from the money they collect from applicant. However, I paid the money to avoid my file been thrown inside dust bin and captured the next day going back next week to check if is ready because they gave me 3 weeks for collection
smiley smiley
I have laid my complaint on their twitter how they extort DIY applicant in immigration office , they collect 8k - 10k for fresh applicant and 5k for renewal if on DIY

I knew the story would be different in the South. See extortion!

HELLASJ:

5k? Wow! I didn't a pay a dime. When they asked me I told them to give a minute to make a call(fake call grin) when I came back, told them that the person I spoke with said there's nothing like that. They asked me where I came from, I told them that Abuja. They paused for minutes, then the officer ordered his boys to take my file to another office.

Na so I Waka from one office to another but still captured without paying a dime.

Sometimes you need to fake somethings to get your way. grin grin

Na wa! What's the minister for interior and the CG Immigration doing about all this harassment (and extortion) of applicants?

Even wild animals do not live like this. 🤮

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by ekitimanalways(m): 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
Artery:
Please did you or your guarantor fill the guarantor form with blue ink pen?
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by azelab: 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2023
ekitimanalways:

You can use either black or blue to fill it.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by Artery: 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
Okay, thanks.
HELLASJ:

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by Artery: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
Yes. Does the colour matter? I didn't even know.
ekitimanalways:

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by ekitimanalways(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2023
azelab:

You can use either black or blue to fill it.
Thank you very much.
Have a fantastic evening.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by ekitimanalways(m): 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2023
Artery:
Yes. Does the colour matter? I didn't even know.
Thank you very much.
Have a fantastic evening.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 1:41am On Jan 24, 2023
NaMe4:

I knew the story would be different in the South. See extortion!

Na wa! What's the minister for interior and the CG Immigration doing about all this harassment (and extortion) of applicants?

Even wild animals do not live like this. 🤮

Nigerians living like second class citizen in their mother land.

So awful.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by berbs: 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
HELLASJ:
Niger State, Minna office.

They ain't using NIN yet, that is why it was fast.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 12:01am On Feb 04, 2023
berbs:

They ain't using NIN yet, that is why it was fast.

NIN doesn't delay passport production, delay is dependent on number of candidates applying for passport.

Niger State NIS has lesser candidates compared to other states.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by berbs: 4:29am On Feb 04, 2023
HELLASJ:

NIN doesn't delay passport production, delay is dependent on number of candidates applying for passport.

Niger State NIS has lesser candidates compared to other states.

Hmmm... But that's the excuse they keep giving. Funny enough, seems like it because lots of people are having issues with the NIN integration. They are being told that the NIN they provided is inactive.

1 Like

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 12:32am On Feb 09, 2023
berbs:

Hmmm... But that's the excuse they keep giving. Funny enough, seems like it because lots of people are having issues with the NIN integration. They are being told that the NIN they provided is inactive.
It only delay if personal details provided doesn't tally with that of NIN(e.g DOB )
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by berbs: 1:30am On Feb 09, 2023
HELLASJ:

It only delay if personal details provided doesn't tally with that of NIN(e.g DOB )

Mine had no issues, they still wasted my time.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by oluwaVaz(m): 2:10am On Feb 09, 2023
I did capturing 3 days ago, but I logged in to immigration portal ,they are showing me that my application and nin didn't match...(i tink dob on nin) how will i fix this shit asap ....I want to go to nimc office for Correction, so now, after the correction do I need to go back to immigration office for updating the new dob or the nimc will automatically update the dob on my passport application...

1 Like

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by gees101(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
HELLASJ:

Bro please any link dey online to track if your passport is ready?
Because I did same as the OP, I registered for renewal myself online last year and captured by August, but since then till now I nor even go passport office to check if it's ready, I nor pay anybody shishi
Over 5 months now since I captured but I never go there
Abeg any online link to track if e don ready?
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by olig(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Good evening guys.

Please which office should one approach to rectify NIN verification failure?

My wife did capture December at the Abeokuta NIS office.

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 9:59pm On Feb 09, 2023
gees101:

Bro please any link dey online to track if your passport is ready?
Because I did same as the OP, I registered for renewal myself online last year and captured by August, but since then till now I nor even go passport office to check if it's ready, I nor pay anybody shishi
Over 5 months now since I captured but I never go there
Abeg any online link to track if e don ready?

https://track.immigration.gov.ng

But sometimes it'll display "NIN verification or passport in production" but there's high chance it's been produced already.

Your passport ought to have been produced by now, go collect your passport

1 Like

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
olig:
Good evening guys.

Go to NIN office, it'll be resolved at a token.

1 Like

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
oluwaVaz:
I did capturing 3 days ago, but I logged in to immigration portal ,they are showing me that my application and nin didn't match...(i tink dob on nin) how will i fix this shit asap ....I want to go to nimc office for Correction, so now, after the correction do I need to go back to immigration office for updating the new dob or the nimc will automatically update the dob on my passport application...
DOB modification will cost you 15k at NIN office.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2023
berbs:

Mine had no issues, they still wasted my time.
Okay, depends on number of registration per office
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by olig(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
HELLASJ:

Go to NIN office, it'll be resolved at a token.

Thank you.

She spoke with someone at NIN office where she registered today. The person checked and told that that her NIN is already verified.

Confused lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by olig(m): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello guys

Please, could a change in address (i.e address "A" NIN and address "B" on the Passport application) result in failure in the NIN verification during passport processing?

1 Like

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by oluwaVaz(m): 11:54am On Feb 14, 2023
olig:
Hello guys

Please, could a change in address (i.e address "A" NIN and address "B" on the Passport application) result in failure in the NIN verification during passport processing?
I don't think so, the main point is dob and ur name arrangement, your first name and last name
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by oluwaVaz(m): 11:58am On Feb 14, 2023
olig:
Good evening guys.

Go to nimc office or any business center that are capable of doing it, mayb the dob on passport reg didn't match or name arrangement
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by olig(m): 6:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
oluwaVaz:

Go to nimc office or any business center that are capable of doing it, mayb the dob on passport reg didn't match or name arrangement

Thanks for your response.

That is not even the issue. A NIMC official has helped her to check. The data on NIN is correct.

A NIS official also checked and told her that the remaining thing is for Abuja to confirm her change. He showed her the page and what they wrote there is that there is mismatch in surname.
NIN has change to her new surname while NIS has not. She still has her former surname in NIS.
And that is why she applied for a change (due to marriage).

We still don't know what to do or how long it will take NIS to change her surname
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by tobadex1(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=HELLASJ post=116828227]
Minna is very free, the day I applied the following day was free for booking appointment.

If you want to get it in days, you'll have to pay extra for urgent service.

It's better you know someone before going so that everything will be finalized, you just go, capture and wait for your passport at agreed date/ pls I need minna contact, I need to renew my passport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lagos Bad Roads: Lists Of Roads Lagos Govt Will Be Working On Immediately / 5-Year-Old Chinese Boy Drives A Tractor Like A Pro / Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.