Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban (32859 Views)

Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt / Okada Riders Storm Sokoto For Tinubu : Pictures / Buhari Orders Conditional Lifting Of Ban On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by murmee: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Tareq1105:

The same way those in phone calls business have been sent into labour market since everybody now have phones.

The same way queues have reduced in the banking halls since the introduction of ATM and POS.
Thank you. I like it when people I read sensible posts!
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by richardo20: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
For pop ceiling design interior decoration wall correction wall screeding and tilling inbox us today

Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by tiger28: 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
This will force all these ungrateful immigrants back to their States.......Enough!!!
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by Jerrysmallz: 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
bestman09:
So what happens to the people selling motorcycle and the spare parts? What happens to the mechanics who repair and service the bikes? What happens to their families who are being fed from the proceeds of the business? What happens to the passengers they commute daily?

Was any provisions made for those affected or does the government wants to create more criminals with this action?

They can go to Abia state or anambra

Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by Olowosaudi(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
bestman09:
So what happens to the people selling motorcycle and the spare parts? What happens to the mechanics who repair and service the bikes? What happens to their families who are being fed from the proceeds of the business? What happens to the passengers they commute daily?

Was any provisions made for those affected or does the government wants to create more criminals with this action?
Hmmm. I guess you haven't been a victim of the menace of Okada riders in Lagos.
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by Proudlyomonna: 12:31am On Aug 30, 2022
Jennifer663:
Chai cry

I saw one sitting down on the road crying while police seized his bike undecided
People go through a lot in this Country where apc has sworn to show Nigeria the true definition for suffering undecided.
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 30, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

I saw one sitting down on the road crying while police seized his bike undecided
People go through a lot in this Country where apc has sworn to show Nigeria the true definition for suffering undecided.
Exactly oo
Exactly...
Its complicating.
If you try to lead them to the right way ..it becomes worst.
Drawing Nigeria backwards
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by Deltason: 5:56am On Aug 30, 2022
BrodaAgbaya:

I live in Shomolu, i don`t have a car either but i hope the govt maintains the ban. Sanity is needed in Lagos abeg.
dey should add ayobo
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by babayinka77(m): 6:54am On Aug 30, 2022
Jennifer663:

Its true .
Surulere is a good area with nice road network, think of places in Alimosho...like Ejigbo, Egbe, Ikotun etc with barely any inner roads whatsoever. Infact the state of the main road is so bad that people dot get back home from work until 11pm. Okada is the friendly option for the people here, we want sanwoolu to have a rethink. Alimosho is a Major voting block in Lagos and we can divert our votes to any party with people friendly policies.
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by Olabode211: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2022
vawulence is looming if MR opay don't accept their pleading..
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by RillJ(m): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2022
When will they troop to Kano to do same?

let them troop to Kaduna to request for unbanning of Okada!
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by Firstcitizen: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2022
ogododo:

Extend wetin?

No mind am. They should apply the ban retrospectively by 6 months and arrest all those who operated Okada that period grin
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by Owutuotuo(m): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I agree but I plead with my Governor to extend the ban by 2 weeks and use the 2 weeks to enlighten them and the public on why the ban is in our over all interest. It is still part of democracy. Engagement helps.

So I will suggest 2 weeks of grace while LASG do the needful in terms of public enlightenment.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Please what’ll be the content of the enlightenment? “Hey Okada riders, the ban was needed because a lot of your members commit vices to the extent that causes loss to human lives,” government will say. Then they’ll respond, “please sir, we won’t do that anymore. We will fish out the moles among us.” All these with no tangible commitment is foreseen, and a lifting of the ban will see more young uneducated extreme northern youths exodus into the state again with their wahala.
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by FreeStuffsNG: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2022
Owutuotuo:

Please what’ll be the content of the enlightenment? “Hey Okada riders, the ban was needed because a lot of your members commit vices to the extent that causes loss to human lives,” government will say. Then they’ll respond, “please sir, we won’t do that anymore. We will fish out the moles among us.” All these with no tangible commitment is foreseen, and a lifting of the ban will see more young uneducated extreme northern youths exodus into the state again with their wahala.
Don't bother. There are professionals to take care of it. There are brilliant folks in Radio Lagos, Eko Fm, Traffic Radio and LTV to handle it once the government approves the mass englightenment program on it.
It will soon shock you that most of the folks to be affected are not northerners as you think wink
The real owners of those bikes are southerners giving them out on hire purchase and daily returns
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by BrodaAgbaya: 11:57am On Aug 30, 2022
Asour:

What kind of sanity.

Only bike sanity?

How about the insanity demonstrated by non-bike road users?

We go soon reach there, like Korope wey go just block road to pick passengers. Bit by bit
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by BrodaAgbaya: 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
crossbreedwears:
What part of shomolu do you live? Did you know their are some places in this lagos that requires you you board a bike to reach because of bad road? Did you know a lot of people are jobless due to the ban? Did you know their will be high crime rate if the government does not revisit the issue? Let's consider other people who are not fortunate to work in an office or have money to run transportation hustle such like Bolt or korope

I stay in Pedro, and i will need to start walking some distance once the ban is in effect. Infact i don dey walk already cos bike don dey scarce. I highly doubt there`s anywhere in Shomolu not accessible by car, this i`m quite sure of.
About being jobless, if you can`t ride in Lagos cos of the ban, leave Lagos and go to neighboring states and keep riding there. No be by force to ride for Lagos.
For the crime rate, make them commit the crime first and see where they`d end up. We can`t keep using high crime rate as an excuse to refuse development. A city like Lagos should not have ugly bikes around anyhow.

PS; I no get money for Uber or bolt, na keke i go dey jump or i walk.
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by BibiofGlovo: 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
murmee:
Motorcycles are not a safe means of public transportation.

Didn't you listen to Governor Sanwo-olu when he proclaimed that the first phase of the ban has resulted in massive reduction of bike accidents cases in Lagos hospitals and even lower criminal activities perpetrated by Okada riders?

My friend, look for alternative means of transportation!

Well guess what, cars are dangerous too. And if you banned cars, there will not only be reductions in accidents but also criminal activities. Would you be so ready to "My friend, look for alternative means of transportation" then?
Re: Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban by crossbreedwears(m): 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
May God forgive you and not place you in those people condition. Have a great evening
BrodaAgbaya:

I stay in Pedro, and i will need to start walking some distance once the ban is in effect. Infact i don dey walk already cos bike don dey scarce. I highly doubt there`s anywhere in Shomolu not accessible by car, this i`m quite sure of.
About being jobless, if you can`t ride in Lagos cos of the ban, leave Lagos and go to neighboring states and keep riding there. No be by force to ride for Lagos.
For the crime rate, make them commit the crime first and see where they`d end up. We can`t keep using high crime rate as an excuse to refuse development. A city like Lagos should not have ugly bikes around anyhow.

PS; I no get money for Uber or bolt, na keke i go dey jump or i walk.

Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso / 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Another Trekker From Taraba To Abuja To Present An Award To President Gej-pix