Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu (19269 Views)

Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege / Ruga Is A Right Not Privilege For Fulanis – Gov Badaru / Opinion:Nnamdi Kanu Is Right;Atiku’s Adamawa Was In Northern Cameroon- The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by kettykin: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Thinkam:

grin, even in 1960 Lagos beats all these states hands down, A colonial and federal capital for almost 100 years, how can you compare, if no be yahoo yahoo you wan do Nigerians..

Tinubu, the man Batist are saying he's going to turn every state in Nigeria to be like Lagos.

I wonder if he's going to create a seaport, airport, add millions of population to every state in Nigeria and tax them for breathing, and mandate every conglomerate to erect offices in all states in Nigeria and pay tax there.

If he's not going to do that then, that's a scam

Please Tinubu supporters Tell me how Tinubu will make every state in Nigeria like Lagos as president, please help me understand...

Through very incredible and unsustainable loans and inflated contracts he will build sea , rail and airport in all states
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Lazyreporta(m): 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
Thinkam:

grin, even in 1960 Lagos beats all these states hands down, A colonial and federal capital for almost 100 years, how can you compare, if no be yahoo yahoo you wan do Nigerians..

Tinubu, the man Batist are saying he's going to turn every state in Nigeria to be like Lagos.

I wonder if he's going to create a seaport, airport, add millions of population to every state in Nigeria and tax them for breathing, and mandate every conglomerate to erect offices in all states in Nigeria and pay tax there.

Please Tinubu supporters Tell me how Tinubu will make every state in Nigeria like Lagos as president, please help me understand...

This is very useless a statement.. Infact, you don't have business with smart phone. Your Brain is so poorly used. Imagine this kind if rubbish comments.
Tell us how obi will do it?
I think most of you are deliberately stupid, if not, then you're completely stupid with no reward
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Lazyreporta:

This is very useless a statement.. Infact, you don't have business with smart phone. Your Brain is so poorly used. Imagine this kind if rubbish comments.
Tell us how obi will do it?
I think most of you are deliberately stupid, if not, then you're completely stupid with no reward

So what will Tinubu do
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by samfrancis1(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
Thinkam:

have the numbers of people that are in Lagos there in anamabra and check what it’ll look like in 100 years
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by wolebest: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Not until he verbally say he doesn't want it before we know. Oyibo people says, action speaks louder than words. The whole south west governors planned to establish the security outfit, while the rest states did theirs, only Lagos didn't do anything just because somebody is trying to protect his political ambition.
You even claim ignorantly that there is no need for Lagos having Amotekun because it already has RSS. Let me tell you if you don't know, Ogun state already has TRACE and SO-SAFE while Oyo has Operation Burst but they still went ahead to establish Amotekun.
The problem of Tinubu is that he doesn't want to offend the Hausas and Fulanis at the detriment of his people. Still fresh on reasonable Yorubas, when daughter of Pa Fasoranti was killed by Fulani, the next Tinubu will say is why profiling a tribe or where are the cows? But thankfully, the people that committed that heinous act are the same fulanis he wanted to protect. Till date he has not ask for forgiveness for saying such his people.
We still remember how he worked against Mulikat to becoming Speaker of the House of Reps but instead mobilized and supported Tambuwal against his Yoruba person.
We also know how he play down the agitation for Yoruba nation, just because of his presidential ambition against his Yoruba nation.
Many atrocities he has done against Yoruba nation can not be forgotten in hurry.

You don't even have a good knowledge of what TRACE and So Safe are meant for in Ogun State.
TRACE is for traffic management on the high ways that transverse Ogun State just like LASTMA in Lagos, while So-Safe is the Neighborhood watch meant for Communities in Ogun State (they are not empowered to go into the forest).

Amotekun is mandated to patrol the deep forest and not the cities and towns.

Lagos already commits a humongous amount of funds to various Police Zones, RRS, LSNC, LASTMA and these security groups are well equipped to tackle any security challenge.

There is no need for Amotekun, it will amount to waste of funds, if I may ask you, where is the forest they will patrol in Lagos? unlike Ogun, Oyo, Osun and the rest with large expanse of jungles.

On several occasions Lagos State has deployed men and resources including heavy equipment from Lagos State Emergency Service and it's Fire Service to deal with situations along the Lagos Ibadan express way.

I know for sure that Lagos can not go the way of Amotekun because there is no need for such.

On politics, I have come to learn there is no permanent friend or permanent enemy in politics.

If you know you know!!!
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Mr5050(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
No wonder you packed Buhari give us since seven years now, we never dey comfortable.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Realist12: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

See this olodo. Do you know the meaning of BRT at all. BRT is not an agency but LAMATA is an agency. BRT is Bus Rapid Transit controlled by LAMATA.

You're daring me, you doesn't know the difference between LAMATA and BRT daring the person that know more than you.
Tinubu only intimated the BRT but he could not do it before living in 2007. It was planned to take off in November 2007 but that wasn't possible until March 2008 when the first batch arrived. This link below will clear your premature daring.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Bus_Rapid_Transit_System%23:~:text%3DThe%2520first%2520phase%2520of%2520the,the%2520previous%2520governor%252C%2520Bola%2520Tinubu.&ved=2ahUKEwiSl-KJxez5AhUPVfEDHbx9BIIQFnoECBQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2GCimynNEorBq9YdZuYi8f

You still want to dare me. People that doesn't know anything will want to claim they know something.
you're just saying gibberish.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by OkoRemi2023(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
Truthdeypain:

Bigot! You don't deserve a reply. You have sold out a long time ago.

If you had an iota of sense you will not vilify a region like that, efulefu. Lagos has been the nation's capital for years.

Search through your state arsenal and then pick any of your real southwestern states, up for argument make I reset your mumu brain.

Idiot na so your life dey depend on Lagos state you no go like bring up Osun abi na Ekiti abi na Ogun state, let's have some fun. See you spitting rubbish from your mouth. You mentioning erosion, is just like saying the north has a lot of dry land and deserts, basic Environmental factors, Did I just see Enugu, imo and Anambra in that your list, you are infinitely stupid.

My village, that's my village not in Enugu capital nioo, not my local government headquarters ni oo, is more developed in all indices of development than your Ado, Osogbo, Akure, Ib, etc.. mumu man! You want to go tribal ba. Na fire for fire ni oo. You wan compare those your brown roofed, no toilet, mud house facilities all over the place to the east. Ori e ti buru ni !

your parents were queuing for kerosene and apu when Tinubu were giving southwest mother relieved on education expenses

you abuse Tinubu because of his tribe but you're not a bigot but a nationalist

make thunda scatter the little brain you've left there. anupama
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by IfnobeGod20: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2022
wolebest:

You don't even have a good knowledge of what TRACE and So Safe are meant for in Ogun State.
TRACE is for traffic management on the high ways that transverse Ogun State just like LASTMA in Lagos, while So-Safe is the Neighborhood watch meant for Communities in Ogun State (they are not empowered to go into the forest).

Amotekun is mandated to patrol the deep forest and not the cities and towns.

Lagos already commits a humongous amount of funds to various Police Zones, RRS, LSNC, LASTMA and these security groups are well equipped to tackle any security challenge.

There is no need for Amotekun, it will amount to waste of funds, if I may ask you, where is the forest they will patrol in Lagos? unlike Ogun, Oyo, Osun and the rest with large expanse of jungles.

On several occasions Lagos State has deployed men and resources including heavy equipment from Lagos State Emergency Service and it's Fire Service to deal with situations along the Lagos Ibadan express way.

I know for sure that Lagos can not go the way of Amotekun because there is no need for such.

On politics, I have come to learn there is no permanent friend or permanent enemy in politics.

If you know you know!!!
Please when I talk I don't talk from the moon. I talk what I know. Before the advent of Amotekun, SO-SAFE was a security arm of the state for combating various aspect of crime and criminality in the state at different levels. I purposely put TRACE because anytime the state government want to have any security meeting, SO-SAFE is always in attendance. If you think I am lying make an enquiry into this. The state government has so done it that every security network in Ogun state is so knitted and formidable, including SO-SAFE. If a state with such formidable team of security architecture can still thought it wise to establish Amotekun as to complement the already established security network what stop Lagos from doing the same. Remember the issue of security you can never say you do enough because crime and criminality are evolving every day with different tactics. Or can you safely tell me and the world that insecurity has been tamed in Lagos? In a more sense the state still need more security men and women because of water bodies that surrounds the state, meaning they need more amphibia Amotekun because as it were no security agency has such in abundant.

I like your kind, not too engross in politics but engage in discourse to learn. But truth be said, there's no reason Lagos should not have Amotekun because Lagos is still facing a lot of insecurity which conventional security agencies cannot solve enough and need complementary state security agency that will know the terrain.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by deji17: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Like the non-existent of major markets that his mother was Iyaloja till she died and Tinubu's daughter inherited same.
Like non-existent of international airport.
Like non-existent of international ports.
Like non-existent of over ten textile industries in Lagos that are functioning till date.
Like non-existent of PZ, Coca-cola, Nestle and Orange and many multinational companies.
Like non-existent third mainland bridge, Carter bridge, Isolo, Oshodi, Ojuelegba, Surulere and many more bridges that were there. Remember that in Tinubu 8 years tenure he built no single bridge while his successors so far have built more than 10.
Most of these companies and conglomerates are part of what is giving Lagos billions monthly. If you even know the amount daily generated in that port, you appreciate it that it is a blessing to the state.
No doubt he tried his best but his best cannot be compare to what Fashola did for Lagos. He has the master plan but did do them. Just as PDP has the master plan of build the Niger bridge and even paid some upfront but Buhari came paid for it and almost completing it. Good one for having the plan but my own wisdom book tells me that better is the end than the beginning thereof.

All these that I listed and more were in Lagos before Tinubu but till date many states doesn't have some of them.

Like Osun has not be productive state but a civil servant state, how do you think overnight they would have the effects that Lagos has since 1960th or 1970th.

Lagos has port and so do onne and other ports in the SS. Other states airports has been upgraded to international airports. Etc. Without wasting time on these things, the master plan we talked about is why Fashola was able to successfully continue where Tinubu left , so is Ambode and now Sanwo . You cannot achieve all your programs and goals in 8 years of office. But your ability to chose worthy successors, who will continue in the vision of the state, will stand you out. This area, you agree that Tinubu has no equal in the Nigeria political climate. Sentiments aside, do you know of any current politician that can match his vision, foresight and capacity?
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by IfnobeGod20: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2022
Realist12:
When you are caught pant down, you always turned 360°. The shame is on you.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by wolebest: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
Thinkam:

Have you ever heard the word "Grassroots Politics"

Onboarding every member of your Political Party to be among, feel among. That's what makes BAT the darling of the people in Lagos.

I will not expantiate further.......

No Governor has been able to do it or implement it in their respective states. The only person close is James Ibori of Delta State.

If politicians can adopt the grassroots strategy Nigeria go better for all.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by almarthins(m): 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Sha no cry say the election was rigged after the election o
I no be cry baby
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Realist12: 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

When you are caught pant down, you always turned 360°. The shame is on you.
what you wrote. I stated LAMATA bus was there during Tinubu's tenure , LAMATA is incharge of BRT, BRT lane, light rail , bus terminals . You're saying i don't know the difference between both . You just saying gibberish.

wolebest:

Ol'boy! ebi like say mumu dey worry you.

Someone took time to lecture you hands down
on how BRT came into being and you still want to believe in your ignorance that he is saying gibberish.

You don't even know the meaning of gibberish....chai, which way Nigeria!

Olodo rapata!
man you mumu oooh. Are you just a zombiedient follow follow.
[quote author=wolebest post=116176924]
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by wolebest: 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
Realist12:

Ol'boy! ebi like say mumu dey worry you.

Someone took time to lecture you hands down
on how BRT came into being and you still want to believe in your ignorance that he is saying gibberish.

You don't even know the meaning of gibberish....chai, which way Nigeria!

Olodo rapata!
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2022
wolebest:

Have you ever heard the word "Grassroots Politics"

Onboarding every member of your Political Party to be among, feel among. That's what makes BAT the darling of the people in Lagos.

I will not expantiate further.......

No Governor has been able to do it or implement it in their respective states. The only person close is James Ibori of Delta State.

If politicians can adopt the grassroots strategy Nigeria go better for all.

Are electing people for the benefit of thier political party and followers or for the good of all Nigerians, you are still not making any point
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Kingspin(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2022
Moh247:

Thanks

Check 8 years of Tinubu's governance

Transport we had BRT

Security we had RRS and Lagos neighbourhood Watch

Education all four Lagos Owned Universities are not on strike

Appointment all got a slot

Mention just any sector and let's have a non insultive discussion
Which year was that or how old was Tinubu then?

Believe it or not
Tinubu is another Buhari waiting for family and friends to be used
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:

The same Lagos that was our capital city until 1991.. We should at least give credit to the likes of Jakande and Col Marwa..

I have been asked to ignore the IBOS on Tinubu matters by my Northerner friends having read what I wrote today on Alpha Beta Consultancy issues in Lagos.

Lagos was a capital under a divided national infrastructural development system. No master plan, no developmental plan. Capital was in Lagos but development agenda controlled outside Lagos.

Under Abacha regime, Lagos was Caracas of a city, a glorified village. Many companies relocated out of Lagos. We left Lagos for Abuja during this period. In Abuja, the IBOS were excited. They said there is nothing left in Lagos again. I always argue with them. Daniel KANU, Lady Daisy and others were controlling Abuja in their own way while Useni was FCT minister. Abdukareem Adisa was the Works Minister, he hated Lagos with passion. He said he is not the minister for Lagos affairs. Lagos was dying and bleeding seriously.

Democracy came, Obasanjo said Lagos is a Jungle and no sane human being lives in jungle. Tinubu faced the development of Lagos with courage laying down foundation for Fashola to build upon. Ambode tried but created serious sewage and waste disposal problems which made 80% of the drainage system in Lagos to collapse till date. Disappointedly, Sanwoolu / Hamzat have not done anything to clear and repair the sewage system which is making Lagos to stink.

Obasanjo that called Lagos a jungle while in power (1st tenure) had since given credit to progress made so far in Lagos.

There are so many things Tinubu put in place that made people relocated to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by MrGistGuy(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
YOU CANNOT SILENCE ME WITH TRIBALISM OR NEPOTISM!!!

REPACKAGING PETER OBI?

If no be say person get strong mind na so dem wan repackage Obi give person.

Obi of 13months doctors strike in Anambra. 13!
Obi of Akwuzu SARS. Unalloyed ter**rorism
Obi that did not employ teachers in Anambra for 8years
Obi that did not develope Awka in 8 years
Obi that did not employ civil servants in Anambra for 8years
Obi that his driver was caught with 250m cash in Lagos
Obi that does not own any investment in Anambra, no supermarket, no warehouse

Obi of massive kid*napping.
Obi that ordered the ma*ssacre of arm*less MASSOB protesters in 2006 & 2013 and had their dead bodies thrown into the Ezu River.
Obi of 6months Anambra State Univ strike.
Obi of 7 years unpaid salaries for State Water Board workers. 7years. 260 of them died.

Obi of Pandora papers. Opening secret businesses abroad with his kid's name while he was governor. Dem catch am red handed

Obi of 7years no LGA election. 7years!
Obi of no IGR growth.
Obi of no signature infrastructure. Non!
Obi anti-infrastructure.
Obi wey carry state money put for family business.

Obi importer of groceries for over 30years driving down naira value. He Couldn't metamorphose into production like Dangote , BUA, Adeleke etc
Revd Barr Christian Nwachukwu

Why is it that nobody has given a response to this abi na me no see the response...

Choke them more.... If we ask them what Peter obi did, they will say go n verify .....these okoros no just wan wise at all... All of a sudden, Biafra movement has reduced in momentum.. clowns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by PeterObi4LP: 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
YOU CANNOT SILENCE ME WITH TRIBALISM OR NEPOTISM!!!

REPACKAGING PETER OBI?

If no be say person get strong mind na so dem wan repackage Obi give person.

Obi of 13months doctors strike in Anambra. 13!
Obi of Akwuzu SARS. Unalloyed ter**rorism
Obi that did not employ teachers in Anambra for 8years
Obi that did not develope Awka in 8 years
Obi that did not employ civil servants in Anambra for 8years
Obi that his driver was caught with 250m cash in Lagos
Obi that does not own any investment in Anambra, no supermarket, no warehouse

Obi of massive kid*napping.
Obi that ordered the ma*ssacre of arm*less MASSOB protesters in 2006 & 2013 and had their dead bodies thrown into the Ezu River.
Obi of 6months Anambra State Univ strike.
Obi of 7 years unpaid salaries for State Water Board workers. 7years. 260 of them died.

Obi of Pandora papers. Opening secret businesses abroad with his kid's name while he was governor. Dem catch am red handed

Obi of 7years no LGA election. 7years!
Obi of no IGR growth.
Obi of no signature infrastructure. Non!
Obi anti-infrastructure.
Obi wey carry state money put for family business.

Obi importer of groceries for over 30years driving down naira value. He Couldn't metamorphose into production like Dangote , BUA, Adeleke etc
Revd Barr Christian Nwachukwu

Old school. All this una propaganda no dey work again. Nigerians are wiser.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Shattuck(m): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Moh247:

Thanks

Check 8 years of Tinubu's governance

Transport we had BRT

Security we had RRS and Lagos neighbourhood Watch

Education all four Lagos Owned Universities are not on strike

Appointment aall got a slot

Mention just any sector and let's have a non insultive discussion
in edo state under lucky igbinedion we had ects" edo city transport service, does that make lucky a great governor? You want us to vote a sick corrupt old man because of brt. Look very closely alot of states have built similar system, these are just basic stuffs but you keep on celebrating mediocrity.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by IfnobeGod20: 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2022
deji17:

Lagos has port and so do onne and other ports in the SS. Other states airports has been upgraded to international airports. Etc. Without wasting time on these things, the master plan we talked about is why Fashola was able to successfully continue where Tinubu left , so is Ambode and now Sanwo . You cannot achieve all your programs and goals in 8 years of office. But your ability to chose worthy successors, who will continue in the vision of the state, will stand you out. This area, you agree that Tinubu has no equal in the Nigeria political climate. Sentiments aside, do you know of any current politician that can match his vision, foresight and capacity?
Are you now comparing an old aged functional ports to new ports. What is the rationale in that comparison?
You should have also waste time in letting people know the other items listed along the airport and port in Lagos, instead of tactically dodging it.
So, you now agree that 8 years wasn't enough to complete programmes and aspirations but why are you people ascribing the achievements of Fashola and Ambode to him. At least he should have his own performance before we can start saying he was good to bequeath good governance on his successors. Today we talk of acclaimed 51B IGR (no record to that effect till date by NBS) to buttress that claim.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-how-true-are-claims-by-tinubu-shettima-about-size-of-lagos-economy/amp&ved=2ahUKEwjV1Y_13Oz5AhX3_7sIHcP8D38QFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2chzysYUsaOhG-VSVeN1Xl

To much exaggeration about Lagos. The question is why everything about Lagos held in secrecy that NBS doesn't have the latest record of the state.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
Shattuck:
in edo state under lucky igbinedion we had ects" edo city transport service, does that make lucky a great governor? You want us to vote a sick corrupt old man because of brt. Look very closely alot of states have built similar system, these are just basic stuffs but you keep on celebrating mediocrity.

Nobody asked you to vote Tinubu, go and vote your leader. Before exporters and Shipping agencies make Lagos as hub port in Nigeria, it is because Lagos has remained the economic capital of West Africa made possible by Tinubu's foundation. On NTA International channels, the FG always tell International viewers that Abuja is both Political and Economic capital of Nigeria, but development in Lagos since Tinubu era has made Lagos the economic capital of West Africa.

There is no any amount of blackmail, insult & assault that can stop Tinubu except God, and God does not support blackmailers and assaulters.

You are tired of Muslim Muslim ticket, you are tired of Chicago State University First Class Degree, they are tired of travelling to London for treatment, tired of incapacitation on health ground. Don't give yourself HBP because of Tinubu. Anenih and PDP wanted VI and Lekki to be submerged by Ocean encroachment. VI and Lekki was almost dead before Tinubu revived it.

1 Like

Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by deji17: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Are you now comparing an old aged functional ports to new ports. What is the rationale in that comparison?
You should have also waste time in letting people know the other items listed along the airport and port in Lagos, instead of tactically dodging it.
So, you now agree that 8 years wasn't enough to complete programmes and aspirations but why are you people ascribing the achievements of Fashola and Ambode to him. At least he should have his own performance before we can start saying he was good to bequeath good governance on his successors. Today we talk of acclaimed 51B IGR (no record to that effect till date by NBS) to buttress that claim.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-how-true-are-claims-by-tinubu-shettima-about-size-of-lagos-economy/amp&ved=2ahUKEwjV1Y_13Oz5AhX3_7sIHcP8D38QFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2chzysYUsaOhG-VSVeN1Xl

To much exaggeration about Lagos. The question is why everything about Lagos held in secrecy that NBS doesn't have the latest record of the state.

You don't get it. Forget it. I asked whom do you support, you dodged the question. I have no time to waste with you. Support whosoever you think is better than Tinubu. Tinubu is my choice and for good reasons.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Demolakay: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
Kagd10:

See the attached below and get a brain if you don't.

As for the people who keep talking about Lagos as the Fct at some point bla bla bla. Know that Asaba and Calabar were previously the Fct too.

As a matter of fact, 97% of what became Lagos today was under the Western region managed by Awolowo. To tell you that the federal government didn't occupy half of a local government. The likes of Lekki, Ikeja etc weren't part of the then Lagos. It was under the Western region. Sink that into your skull.

Quit lieing nd research. why will u say d 97percent of wat is nw Lagos was under western region managed by Awolowo?

D colony of Lagos, was under d jurisdiction of d colonial masters. Infact it was given preference above all Oda states because while d colonialist ruled, dey divided wat is NW Nigeria into 3. Southern protectorate, northern protectorate,ND d colony of Lagos.

In 1914 wen d north nd southern protectorate was merge wit d colony of Lagos, Lagos was made d administrative capital.
Wat d colonialist did was to create a kind of hybrid apartheid structure,where dey occupied d highbrow areas, Ikoyi,victoria island, Highland Lagos to demselves, dey restrict Nigerians to d mainland ND Oda places.

D western region capital under Awolowo was Ibadan.Dat is why u will discover DAT cocoa house was in Ibadan,first stadium,first television station,First university etc.

Awolowo didn't contribute to d development of Lagos.
Lagos was built by d Colonialist nd successive federal governments.

Lokoja, Calabar were only capital for few years. Lagos enjoyed d Capital status for more Dan 77 years!
Soo spot d difference, nd deduce d one dat will enjoy more infrastructure wise among d 3.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by wolebest: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Please when I talk I don't talk from the moon. I talk what I know. Before the advent of Amotekun, TRACE was a security arm of the state for combating various aspect of crime and criminality in the state at different levels. I purposely put SO-SAFE because anytime the state government want to have any security meeting, SO-SAFE is always in attendance. If you think I am lying make an enquiry into this. The state government has so done it that every security network in Ogun state is so knitted and formidable, including SO-SAFE. If a state with such formidable team of security architecture can still thought it wise to establish Amotekun as to complement the already established security network what stop Lagos from doing the same. Remember the issue of security you can never say you do enough because crime and criminality are evolving every day with different tactics. Or can you safely tell me and the world that insecurity has been tamed in Lagos? In a more sense the state still need more security men and women because of water bodies that surrounds the state, meaning they need more amphibia Amotekun because as it were no security agency has such in abundant.

I like your kind, not too engross in politics but engage in discourse to learn. But truth be said, there's no reason Lagos should not have Amotekun because Lagos is still facing a lot of insecurity which conventional security agencies cannot solve enough and need complementary state security agency that will know the terrain.

No!

TRACE means Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps it's a replication of LASTMA in Ogun State created during Ibikunle Amosun's administration with enabling laws by the House of Assembly.

SO SAFE like I told you was also created during his tenure to take care of community policing. I live in both Lagos and Ogun State alternatively depending on my schedule. we engaged So Safe in my estate in Ogun State, and I know their modus operadi.

Please check these organizations out online. They were all copied from the Lagos model. If you can recall, Lagos was given the mega-city status and Ogun state was co-opted as partners in progress and given the industrial gateway status.

I still maintain that Lagos has the best security architecture. All the security outfits are well complemented by emergency numbers that you can call to report incidence as they happen. They even have Emergency Response Teams.

To assert that Lagos is well policed, how many times have you heard about armed robbery incidence unlike back in the days before RRS and Co.

Even kidnappers who tried kidnapping school children during Ambode's administration were nabbed effectively and measures put in place prevent similar occurrences in Lagos Schools.

Lagos is trying in terms of security, I didn't even mention OPMESA joint military security outfit.

Like I said because other states are doing it is not enough conviction for Lagos.

Let me chip this in, RRS operations is funded by the private sector in Lagos through the Lagos State Security Trust Fund, that's why they do not lack any equipment required for security operations and corporate organizations in Lagos don't expect anything less.

Go to most of the Police Stations that were burnt during the Endsars protest, they have been reconstructed.

1 Like

Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Kagd10: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demolakay:

Quit lieing nd research. why will u say d 97percent of wat is nw Lagos was under western region managed by Awolowo?

D colony of Lagos, was under d jurisdiction of d colonial masters. Infact it was given preference above all Oda states because while d colonialist ruled, dey divided wat is NW Nigeria into 3. Southern protectorate, northern protectorate,ND d colony of Lagos.

In 1914 wen d north nd southern protectorate was merge wit d colony of Lagos, Lagos was made d administrative capital.
Wat d colonialist did was to create a kind of hybrid apartheid structure,where dey occupied d highbrow areas, Ikoyi,victoria island, Highland Lagos to demselves, dey restrict Nigerians to d mainland ND Oda places.

D western region capital under Awolowo was Ibadan.Dat is why u will discover DAT cocoa house was in Ibadan,first stadium,first television station,First university etc.

Lokoja, Calabar were only capital for few years. Lagos enjoyed d Capital status for more Dan 77 years!
Soo spot d difference, nd deduce d one dat will enjoy more infrastructure wise among d 3.

Ipob miscreant, I repeat 97% of what became Lagos today was under Awolowo. As a matter of fact, Ikeja was Awolowo's brain child. Sink that into your patheticc stoopid brain.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Cromagnon: 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:
The same way you did what was right by giving us Buhari
Yup
Can't win without the north
So you play the long game
Not by gragra
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by wolebest: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2022
babaolofin:

I have been asked to ignore the IBOS on Tinubu matters by my Northerner friends having read what I wrote today on Alpha Beta Consultancy issues in Lagos.

Lagos was a capital under a divided national infrastructural development system. No master plan, no developmental plan. Capital was in Lagos but development agenda controlled outside Lagos.

Under Abacha regime, Lagos was Caracas of a city, a glorified village. Many companies relocated out of Lagos. We left Lagos for Abuja during this period. In Abuja, the IBOS were excited. They said there is nothing left in Lagos again. I always argue with them. Daniel KANU, Lady Daisy and others were controlling Abuja in their own way while Useni was FCT minister. Abdukareem Adisa was the Works Minister, he hated Lagos with passion. He said he is not the minister for Lagos affairs. Lagos was dying and bleeding seriously.

Democracy came, Obasanjo said Lagos is a Jungle and no sane human being lives in jungle. Tinubu faced the development of Lagos with courage laying down foundation for Fashola to build upon. Ambode tried but created serious sewage and waste disposal problems which made 80% of the drainage system in Lagos to collapse till date. Disappointedly, Sanwoolu / Hamzat have not done anything to clear and repair the sewage system which is making Lagos to stink.

Obasanjo that called Lagos a jungle while in power (1st tenure) had since given credit to progress made so far in Lagos.

There are so many things Tinubu put in place that made people relocated to Lagos.

This one just turned everything upside down.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by wolebest: 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demolakay:

Bobo na Bobo!!! I hail you o!
You Sabi history book well well......

Infact you Sabi Lagos pass those wey dey there.

The Old Western Region with it's capital in Ibadan starts from Lagos Mainland. Most of the white colonialist resided on the Onikan side of Lagos Island and Ikoyi. They didn't even venture into VI.

Colony of Lagos did not move beyond the Island. The other parts of Lagos were under "Protectorates" just like you said.

Development came to other parts of Lagos as a matter of necessity, due to the relocation of people from Lagos Island to Ebute Metta, Surulere etc and rural urban migration after independence.

Let me inform you that back in the days (colonial era) should a theif rob on the Island and escaped to the mainland the colonial police will not pursue the theif more than the Old Carter Bridge, but would rather lodge a report with the Old Western Regional Police.
Re: We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu by Demolakay: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
wolebest:

Bobo na Bobo!!! I hail you o!
You Sabi history book well well......

Infact you Sabi Lagos pass those wey dey there.

The Old Western Region with it's capital in Ibadan starts from Lagos Mainland. Most of the white colonialist resided on the Onikan side of Lagos Island and Ikoyi. They didn't even venture into VI.

Colony of Lagos did not move beyond the Island. The other parts of Lagos were under "Protectorates" just like you said.

Development came to other parts of Lagos as a matter of necessity, due to the relocation of people from Lagos Island to Ebute Metta, Surulere etc and rural urban migration after independence.

Let me inform you that back in the days (colonial era) should a theif rob on the Island and escaped to the mainland the colonial police will not pursue the theif more than the Old Carter Bridge, but would rather lodge a report with the Old Western Regional Police.

Why are u repeating d same tin av said in my reply to u?

Awolowo did nothing in Lagos, Lagos was built by d Colonialist nd successive Federal governments simple!

If u av anything contrary bring it out, let's peruse it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nasarawa: Appeal Court voids tribunal decision, affirms APC's Gov Sule as winner / Yahaya Bello Gifts Wives Of His Late Escort Rider Houses / Wike’s CSO Withdrawn For Participating In APC Rally – Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.