Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98928 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ayoslimzy(m): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2022
kingreign:

Depends on your location. I usually advice you purchase from sellers within your state or nearby.
alright thanks

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ayoslimzy:
alright thanks

You’re welcome
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Yansham: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2022
kingreign:

Good morning Sir, thank you for contacting me. Where is the car location pls?

Ogun state
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
Yansham:

Ogun state
Have a competent technician handle the repair pls.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Trustingod777: 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
Please I need your advice. How much fuel can someone use from ikorodu garage to Maryland with toyota sienna 2007. Please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2022
Trustingod777:
Please I need your advice. How much fuel can someone use from ikorodu garage to Maryland with toyota sienna 2007. Please

I don’t know Sir. I’m not based in Lagos but in Abuja
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ManAdii: 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2022
Experts here, what's your review on mazda 6 1.8L 2007 model. Is this car durable?
Is it a good buy for a first timer?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:36am On Sep 15, 2022
ManAdii:
Experts here, what's your review on mazda 6 1.8L 2007 model. Is this car durable?
Is it a good buy for a first timer?
That’s a ford Mondeo underneath that Mazda badge, I believe it’s an European Mazda6. It’s not bad but you’d have to be careful owning that ride so as not to allow unqualified technicians tamper with and destroy the car for you. That said, they have robust engines.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MedicH: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingreign:

Sorry about this, I’d suggest you go the rather painful but rest assured route of replacing the transmission and the defective radiator or better still, getting an external transmission cooler installed. Use only genuine toyota transmission fluid type WS as a lot of oils out there are fake.

If you’re in Abuja, feel free to contact me so I can be of help to you 07034581213.

I have put in oando atf in Lexus es 300 transmission. Is it okay?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2022
MedicH:

Hian!!!
You’re on your own!!!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MedicH: 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingreign:

Hian!!!
You’re on your own!!!
So whats good?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
MedicH:

So whats good?
Genuine Toyota Transmission Fluid Type T-iV
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MedicH: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingreign:

Genuine Toyota Transmission Fluid Type T-iV

Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ManAdii: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Please which car scanner do you guys use?
I want to get one. I'm a first time car owner abeg make una no vex.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Woofer: 6:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Good day great great minds. Sometime last month, the error code P0172 just popped up on Honda accord 08. I have changed the Maf sensor two times, bought a MAF sensor cleaner and I have cleaned them several times but after driving several kilometers, the eroor would just pop up again. My observation is that the error doesn't pop up while the car is speed but only when it is idling or moving at low speed.
The 02 sensor was also confirmed to be working properly
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Yaweh8253(m): 6:16am On Sep 16, 2022
Cool83:
Good day, what could make RPM to be going down even on motion, mechanic said we just need to adjust the throttle
when RPM going up and down it means anytime u service they don't clean the air filter so mechanic needs to clean the injector
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Yaweh8253(m): 6:20am On Sep 16, 2022
kingreign:

That’s a ford Mondeo underneath that Mazda badge, I believe it’s an European Mazda6. It’s not bad but you’d have to be careful owning that ride so as not to allow unqualified technicians tamper with and destroy the car for you. That said, they have robust engines.
very good in maintaining lower fuel consumption
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Yaweh8253(m): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2022
MedicH:

most all this oil in Nigeria is fake
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ManAdii: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
Them say person wey dy ask questions no dy miss road. Abeg sorry to disturb you guys again. I'm a first timer.
Below is the vehicle I intend buying I need honest reviews. It's mazda 6 1.8L 2007 comfort.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2022
ManAdii:
Them say person wey dy ask questions no dy miss road. Abeg sorry to disturb you guys again. I'm a first timer.
Below is the vehicle I intend buying I need honest reviews. It's mazda 6 1.8L 2007 comfort.

Mazda 6 and first timer don’t mix well especially when it’s a Nigerian used Mazda 6.

Please, get another car that’s easier to maintain and has parts and technicians.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ManAdii: 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2022
kingreign:

Mazda 6 and first timer don’t mix well especially when it’s a Nigerian used Mazda 6.

Please, get another car that’s easier to maintain and has parts and technicians.
Okay boss thanks for your inputs. What about Honda ?
I don't just like toyota cars, e ugly inside and them sabi thief am for my area.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
ManAdii:

Okay boss thanks for your inputs. What about Honda ?
I don't just like toyota cars, e ugly inside and them sabi thief am for my area.

Honda isn’t bad
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by pegix(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2022
kingreign:

Please take snapshots of your battery and terminals for me. I want to see something.
sorry for late response

We later realise the car came with a almost dead battery
It was not charging
Bought a new one (75ah tho) and my car hasnot stop a inch since then

From ur analysis
U said my car would do well with just 50 ah right
The mecho said otherwise though

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2022
pegix:
sorry for late response

We later realise the car came with a almost dead battery
It was not charging
Bought a new one (75ah tho) and my car hasnot stop a inch since then

From ur analysis
U said my car would do well with just 50 ah right
The mecho said otherwise though

Thanks
You’re welcome

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Prudency045: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
kingreign:

Have a competent technician handle the repair pls.

No heads up or direction on what the problem could be?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MedicH: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2022
just a random question. Will a transmission problem always throw up the CEL? My guy's car is losing power on acceleration and he is caught up between having issues with his fuel pump or a slipping auto transmission. The car has no check engine light. is there any random DIY check he can perform to be sure of what is causing this problem?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2022
MedicH:
just a random question. Will a transmission problem always throw up the CEL? My guy's car is losing power on acceleration and he is caught up between having issues with his fuel pump or a slipping auto transmission. The car has no check engine light. is there any random DIY check he can perform to be sure of what is causing this problem?
Name, year and model of car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MedicH: 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
kingreign:

Name, year and model of car?

Lexus es 330 2006
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
Prudency045:

No heads up or direction on what the problem could be?

Here
kingreign:

You have a whole lot going on with that car. Have it checked and fixed by a competent technician.

Knock sensor, Mass Air Flow Sensor, Cylinder Misfire, TPS Malfunction et .
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
MedicH:
Transmission problems on cars equipped with the 3mz engine doesn't always light up the check engine light.

Your guy may go ahead and change the trans oil with the type tiv trans fluid if it hasn't been done recently.

This happened to someone I know recently and after throwing parts (coil,plug, mag, 02 sensor etc) at the car, a simple change of the trans oil solved his poor acceleration issues.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MedicH: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2022
9icetoo:

Transmission problems on cars equipped with the 3mz engine doesn't always light up the check engine light.

Your guy may go ahead and change the trans oil with the type tiv trans fluid if it hasn't been done recently.

This happened to someone I know recently and after throwing parts (coil,plug, mag, 02 sensor etc) at the car, a simple change of the trans oil solved his poor acceleration issues.

As i was trying to understand my guy's problem i took the car for a spin on the freeway. I noticed something that feels like a surge in accelaration. That is sudden dropping and picking up of power/speed when accelerating. It is most noticeable when u speed up from a stop then u notice a sudden drop in RPM and loss of acceleration and it attempts to pick up same and it just keeps surging like that.

he will proceed with the transmission fluid change, the last servicing of the transmission was done last 2 months with Oando ATF.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by gonkin(m): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
Almost every morning i check my oil level and color on thr dipstick before starting the engine. I can say its a normal habit.

Drove to work yesterday all was fine. I always check my gauge clusters anytime im opportune. Lets just say every 5 minutes. Mostly the oil pressure and engine temperature.

I got to work fine engine was ok till i turned off.

5pm time to go home, i noticed a chocolate milk drip on the floor. I was like what the heck happened. Checked my radiator coolant was gone. I feared for the worst so i checked the oil fill cap, it was milky too. I then checked the dipstick and then my fear was confirmed. Ive got coolant in oil.
So i opened the drain plug of my radiator there was no oil mixing with coolant in the radiator. Just coolant in the oil.

Started it up and drove less than 40kmh with the radiator cap open. When the temperature climbed abit above half i stopped for 30mins. Checked the radiator. It was still not having oil in.

So i topped it up with water(my mistake). Then the temperature dropped. Still rolling at 40 then when the temperature climbed i started losing power till i couldn't push no more had to shut down the engine. Radiator was still not having oilixed with water but the engine was choked up with diluted oil and coolant mix.

Called my brother for help. No vehicle could tow mine cuz its a big truck and hd drove an automatic. Later a friend of his driving by in a 6 wheeler dyna gave me a pull to my brother's home where i parked it. Couldn't sleep. Seeing videos on YouTube on blown head gasket symptoms. The vehicle never overheated. Whys the coolant going into oil?

So today i got my tools and tore down the big engine myself. Got to the head gasket and asked the professors. They said it was compromised thats why i only had leakage in 2 of 6 cylinders. Even when i drove this vehicle from delta to lagos and back with a clogged radiator as a result of stop leak clogged it didn't blow a gasket and that was 3 years ago.

HOW DID IT HAPPEN?
CAN HEAD GASKET GO OUT WITHOUT OVER HEATING?
THE HEAD GASKET HASNT BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE CAR WAS IMPORTED AND THAT WAS before 2012.

So what happened.

Is it possible to get the gasket cuz its an old vehicle 1992 land cruiser.

CAN GASKET BE CUT IF I CANT FIND TO BUY?

Please help. Im a diy im not a mechanic. I only fix heavy duty gensets thats why i knew how to take my engine apart with ease

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: Macmilla(m), oluayebenz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.