Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98254 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by gonkin(m): 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2022
Here's the mixture. Even got to the intake through the camshaft breather but thats after i shut it down.

About 4 of these. 12liters of goo came out my vehicle. My vehicle oil capacity is 7.5liters

Even draining the radiator it was still clean no oil but the engine was stuffed up

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2022
9icetoo:

Transmission problems on cars equipped with the 3mz engine doesn't always light up the check engine light.

Your guy may go ahead and change the trans oil with the type tiv trans fluid if it hasn't been done recently.

This happened to someone I know recently and after throwing parts (coil,plug, mag, 02 sensor etc) at the car, a simple change of the trans oil solved his poor acceleration issues.

Low transmission fluid level can cause this.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2022
gonkin:
Almost every morning i check my oil level and color on thr dipstick before starting the engine. I can say its a normal habit.

Drove to work yesterday all was fine. I always check my gauge clusters anytime im opportune. Lets just say every 5 minutes. Mostly the oil pressure and engine temperature.

I got to work fine engine was ok till i turned off.

5pm time to go home, i noticed a chocolate milk drip on the floor. I was like what the heck happened. Checked my radiator coolant was gone. I feared for the worst so i checked the oil fill cap, it was milky too. I then checked the dipstick and then my fear was confirmed. Ive got coolant in oil.
So i opened the drain plug of my radiator there was no oil mixing with coolant in the radiator. Just coolant in the oil.

Started it up and drove less than 40kmh with the radiator cap open. When the temperature climbed abit above half i stopped for 30mins. Checked the radiator. It was still not having oil in.

So i topped it up with water(my mistake). Then the temperature dropped. Still rolling at 40 then when the temperature climbed i started losing power till i couldn't push no more had to shut down the engine. Radiator was still not having oilixed with water but the engine was choked up with diluted oil and coolant mix.

Called my brother for help. No vehicle could tow mine cuz its a big truck and hd drove an automatic. Later a friend of his driving by in a 6 wheeler dyna gave me a pull to my brother's home where i parked it. Couldn't sleep. Seeing videos on YouTube on blown head gasket symptoms. The vehicle never overheated. Whys the coolant going into oil?

So today i got my tools and tore down the big engine myself. Got to the head gasket and asked the professors. They said it was compromised thats why i only had leakage in 2 of 6 cylinders. Even when i drove this vehicle from delta to lagos and back with a clogged radiator as a result of stop leak clogged it didn't blow a gasket and that was 3 years ago.

HOW DID IT HAPPEN?
CAN HEAD GASKET GO OUT WITHOUT OVER HEATING?
THE HEAD GASKET HASNT BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE CAR WAS IMPORTED AND THAT WAS before 2012.

So what happened.

Is it possible to get the gasket cuz its an old vehicle 1992 land cruiser.

CAN GASKET BE CUT IF I CANT FIND TO BUY?

Please help. Im a diy im not a mechanic. I only fix heavy duty gensets thats why i knew how to take my engine apart with ease

Please, ensure the Cylinder walls and water passages are intact with no cracks, check your oil cooler if any, then you may proceed to getting another gasket made of asbestos.

By the way, is that a 1FZ, 2F or 3F engine?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by gonkin(m): 12:02am On Sep 18, 2022
kingreign:

Please, ensure the Cylinder walls and water passages are intact with no cracks, check your oil cooler if any, then you may proceed to getting another gasket made of asbestos.

By the way, is that a 1FZ, 2F or 3F engine?

Thats a 3fe, ive checked the oil cooler but didn't take it apart .
I suspected the oil cooler but if that was the case, it would affect all cylinders but just cylinder 3 and 4 seem to experience the oil soup. Also the rings are well sealed cylinder 3 and 4 still have water in them till now.

Please enlighten me more on the asbestos gasket. I don't know if i would be able to find my head gasket any where
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nairadatti: 6:44am On Sep 18, 2022
My car have been vibrating when I accelerate on low speed ,but once the speed is a bit high, it stops ,mechanic has advised I change the tires ,I have done that ,still persisted ,so they told me they will check the inner cup that is connected to the gearbox ,I need an expert to help me out ,thanks

The car is Toyota camry 2012
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2022
nairadatti:
My car have been vibrating when I accelerate on low speed ,but once the speed is a bit high, it stops ,mechanic has advised I change the tires ,I have done that ,still persisted ,so they told me they will check the inner cup that is connected to the gearbox ,I need an expert to help me out ,thanks

The car is Toyota camry 2012
Where is the car located pls?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by quam9997(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2022
Evening bosses

I’ll like to know what’s making my car steering ceasing when I try to steer and immediately it’ll turn off my infotainment system and I’ll feel the car jerk a bit.

It recently started happening. Then yesterday I noticed that whenever I turn left the car gives a creaking sound on the left tire.

Any idea what could be wrong sirs, I drive an accord 2013.

Lest I forget I scanned and it also brought out this code

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
MedicH:

As i was trying to understand my guy's problem i took the car for a spin on the freeway. I noticed something that feels like a surge in accelaration. That is sudden dropping and picking up of power/speed when accelerating. It is most noticeable when u speed up from a stop then u notice a sudden drop in RPM and loss of acceleration and it attempts to pick up same and it just keeps surging like that.

he will proceed with the transmission fluid change, the last servicing of the transmission was done last 2 months with Oando ATF.
Oando ATF in a Toyota transmission? shocked

Drain that stuff out immediately, flush and refill with TIV
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
kingreign:

Low transmission fluid level can cause this.
Yeah.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by koning: 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
AC off button is permanently off. Red light id constantly on. Because of this my AC will not work.

How do i switch it on. In Nigerian climate it has to be always on. An Electrician says the panel need to be changed. The guy with the Scanning machine suggests that he can try to erase it. He is not willing to work on a 'no cure no pay basis. I told him i will only pay him if the problem is resolved. I have been a victim of fraudelent scanning in the past.
What do you suggest i do?.

Car is a Mercedes Benz C200.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2022
koning:
AC off button is permanently off. Red light id constantly on. Because of this my AC will not work.

How do i switch it on. In Nigerian climate it has to be always on. An Electrician says the panel need to be changed. The guy with the Scanning machine suggests that he can try to erase it. He is not willing to work on a 'no cure no pay basis. I told him i will only pay him if the problem is resolved. I have been a victim of fraudelent scanning in the past.
What do you suggest i do?.

Car is a Mercedes Benz C200.

Visit a competent technician that’s very conversant with Mercedes Benz faults and repairs.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nairadatti: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2022
kingreign:

Where is the car located pls?
Delta state Asaba ,thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2022
I also assist with parts purchase
T & C applies

1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2022
nairadatti:
Delta state Asaba ,thank you
I know someone in Warri. If you were in Warri I’d had introduced you to him. He’s very good at his work.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kokomo: 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2022
Hello chief kingreign, how do I resolve a P0010 error code in my 2007 accord, most of the video I watched on youtube pointed to changing or cleaning the variable valve control selonoid, but accessing is too tight.

Please any pro advise would be appreciate
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Paullo19: 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
My fuel tank is licking... I need a replacement.. Please guys any idea of how much to get a fuel tank for Toyota corolla
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kokomo:
Hello chief kingreign, how do I resolve a P0010 error code in my 2007 accord, most of the video I watched on youtube pointed to changing or cleaning the variable valve control selonoid, but accessing is too tight.

Please any pro advise would be appreciate
My oga, is your car a 4cylinder or V12 angry ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2022
Paullo19:
My fuel tank is licking... I need a replacement.. Please guys any idea of how much to get a fuel tank for Toyota corolla

Depend on the year model of Corolla and your location. Where are you located?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Paullo19: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
kingreign:

Depend on the year model of Corolla and your location. Where are you located?

05/06
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dicksonadams(m): 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
4 cylinder
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kokomo: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
kingreign:

My oga, is your car a 4cylinder or V12 angry ?

Hi chief na i4
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kokomo:

Hi chief na i4
What oil do you use and how long do you use it?
For that code, you need to replace the VTC sensor by the right side of the engine, close to the engine side mount.

However, I suggest you clean that part to ensure no dirt or foreign matter is blocking the screen, then use a fresh clean oil after installing that part.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Donjuan77: 5:55am On Sep 22, 2022
Mine is a bank Corolla 2005 model , the problem is that it doesn't bring black smoke out of the exhaust for you to see but when you dip your finger inside the exhaust u will bring out a very dark black carbon from the exhaust. Am so confused If it's consuming or not, cause my fuel gauge comes down easily. Pls if any body here had had same experience before should help me please, thanks to the house of nairalanders.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:21am On Sep 22, 2022
Donjuan77:
Mine is a bank Corolla 2005 model , the problem is that it doesn't bring black smoke out of the exhaust for you to see but when you dip your finger inside the exhaust u will bring out a very dark black carbon from the exhaust. Am so confused If it's consuming or not, cause my fuel gauge comes down easily. Pls if any body here had had same experience before should help me please, thanks to the house of nairalanders.

Scan it, post codes here so we can solve it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:30am On Sep 22, 2022
quam9997:
Evening bosses

I’ll like to know what’s making my car steering ceasing when I try to steer and immediately it’ll turn off my infotainment system and I’ll feel the car jerk a bit.

It recently started happening. Then yesterday I noticed that whenever I turn left the car gives a creaking sound on the left tire.

Any idea what could be wrong sirs, I drive an accord 2013.

Lest I forget I scanned and it also brought out this code

Sorry for the delay in response, your code p0685 refers to ECM relay/fuse. You may have to trace the cause of that problem and fix it. As for the creaking sound, either your strut mounts, or shock absorber or bushing is damaged.

You’d need competent technician to diagnose and fix this. If you’re in abuja, you can feel free to contact me.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bobbiet(m): 8:14am On Sep 22, 2022
Good be morning boss. Please my transmission not going beyond gear 2 even after be servicing with Toyota gear box oil. Corolla 03
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kokomo: 8:57am On Sep 22, 2022
kingreign:

What oil do you use and how long do you use it?
For that code, you need to replace the VTC sensor by the right side of the engine, close to the engine side mount.

However, I suggest you clean that part to ensure no dirt or foreign matter is blocking the screen, then use a fresh clean oil after installing that part.

God bless you boss

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Bobbiet:
Good be morning boss. Please my transmission not going beyond gear 2 even after be servicing with Toyota gear box oil. Corolla 03
Scan car, if it reads Knock sensor, replace knock sensor. If it reads something else, check transmission harness if it still doesn’t work, replace transmission
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by holluphemydavid(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
Good day, pls what could be the cause of my camry pencil speedometer to be rising and falling even when am not speeding, it will sundenly rise to 120 or more than and fall back,. Pls it's very urgent
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by holluphemydavid(m): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
Pls is there any software one can download on his fone to scan a car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
holluphemydavid:
Good day, pls what could be the cause of my camry pencil speedometer to be rising and falling even when am not speeding, it will sundenly rise to 120 or more than and fall back,. Pls it's very urgent
Either the VSS or combination meter (speed clock) is failing.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nairadatti: 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
kingreign:

I know someone in Warri. If you were in Warri I’d had introduced you to him. He’s very good at his work.
I don't mind going to warri ,from asaba to warri isn't a big deal ,can you help me please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.