Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98792 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MissingBudget: 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
kingreign:

What transmission fluid did you use to service them during replacement?
Change your spareparts merchant and you mechanic
Well, I paid for the oil and all, the company that replaced it bought the oil. During the service, I remember he used Sea Horse ATF oil. Do you have a recommended oil for me?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
MissingBudget:

Well, I paid for the oil and all, the company that replaced it bought the oil. During the service, I remember he used Sea Horse ATF oil. Do you have a recommended oil for me?

The recommended ATF is GENUINE TOYOTA TRANSMISSION FLUID TYPE T-IV

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by becky39000(m): 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!

Thank you so much @kingreign for ur efforts especially in the remote help category.
It has really helped alot of folks from what I'm seeing in this thread.

Ok so my issue.

I recently bought my car from a friend who was moving to Canada last month.
Vehicle is a 2007 Camry with V4 engine (2AZ)
The engine is great & gear is smooth but I noticed something was really off with the fuel consumption which was disturbing especially connsidering the fuel price situation we find ourselves in.

Other things I discovered were:

1. The Thermostat was missing.
2 My Kazeem told me that the belt adjuster was broken & that the current fan belt was longer than the usual one .

I scanned it today and these were the codes revealed:

1. P0128
2. P0172
3. P0037

My rewire pointed out an oxygen sensor as the culprit but is unsure of which of the 2 needs replacement.

I was hoping I could get some remote assistance from you as my location is at Lagos.
The fuel consumption is really worrisome.

Pls I need ur help.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
[quote author=kingreign post=116222354]This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.
Corrolla 2011 bumper giving me issues.
I used iron gum to hold it but it keep pulling out.
How do I permanently solve this issue
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kokomo: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
Sirchiboy:
get the broken pins and clip originally holidng the bumper in place and replace any one that is missing
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
becky39000:

Thank you so much @kingreign for ur efforts especially in the remote help category.

Ok so my issue.

The engine is great & gear is smooth but I noticed something was really off with the fuel consumption which was disturbing especially connsidering the fuel price situation we find ourselves in.

2 My Kazeem told me that the belt adjuster was broken & that the current fan belt was longer than the usual one .

1. P0128
2. P0172
3. P0037

My rewire pointed out an oxygen sensor as the culprit but is unsure of which of the 2 needs replacement.

I was hoping I could get some remote assistance from you as my location is at Lagos.

Pls I need ur help.

Replace the Coolant thermostat, checkif the AF sensor and O2 sensor fuse are okay, if they are okay, replace the O2 sensor, and Heated Oxygen (Air Fuel ratio) Sensor. Then correct the belt pulley and routing.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
becky39000:

Ok so my issue.

1. P0128
2. P0172
3. P0037

Pls I need ur help.

P0128- thermostat removed
P0037- downstream O2 sensor faulty, wire frayed or disconnected
P0172-dirty air filter, faulty MAF, air leakage in the intake or same 02 sensor cashing this code

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Replace the bumper brakets if they're broken. These are what keeps the bumper in place

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jjcena(m): 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
becky39000:

Ok so my issue.

Where in lagos are you?

1. P0128
2. P0172
3. P0037

Pls I need ur help.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by becky39000(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
kingreign:

Replace the Coolant thermostat, checkif the AF sensor and O2 sensor fuse are okay, if they are okay, replace the O2 sensor, and Heated Oxygen (Air Fuel ratio) Sensor. Then correct the belt pulley and routing.

Thanks!!! Will work on it.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Coolgent(m): 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello Guru's
I bought tokunbo hyundai sonata 2016, i found this sensor or whatever it is inside the boot.
Can someone tell me what is it?
Description; it has 2 pins socket
Thanks

Oga Gazzuzz, kingreign I dey great

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Coolgent:
Hello Guru's
I bought tokunbo hyundai sonata 2016, i found this sensor or whatever it is inside the boot.
Thanks

Knock sensor
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
Coolgent:
Hello Guru's
Thanks

I dey greet you wella.

Na knock sensor be that

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by RoadMozart(m): 12:33am On Jun 27, 2023
kingreign:

I dey greet you wella.

Na knock sensor be that
Please are you in Lagos? I want to bring my car for scanning and repairs.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:10am On Jun 27, 2023
RoadMozart:

Please are you in Lagos? I want to bring my car for scanning and repairs.

No sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Coolgent(m): 9:47am On Jun 27, 2023
kingreign:

I dey greet you wella.

Na knock sensor be that

Thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Coolgent(m): 9:47am On Jun 27, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Knock sensor
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by TheLoanGuy: 11:23am On Jun 27, 2023
On Sunday while driving my vehicle to Church I noticed, my Volvo XC90 was displaying Coolant Low Check Coolant when I got to Church, which was weird because I rarely drive out and I had filled the water/coolant tank the last time I took it out. Well, I added water to it and had to take someone somewhere during service, after service when I was heading home, the check coolant sign came up again and then I stopped to check, I noticed the water reserve was empty, which must have been caused by leaking.

When I got to I decided to inspect where the leakage was coming from. So far from what I noticed it seems it is from the top radiator hose that leads into the engine, maybe it is slack or something.

Because I pulled out the hose and I didn't notice any tear or cut around the hose, but it seems water was escaping through the bottom while trying to make it's way into the engine.

Would a change of hose solve this or is there any other underlying factor? Has anyone experienced this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
TheLoanGuy:
On Sunday while driving my vehicle to Church I noticed, my Volvo XC90 was displaying Coolant Low Check Coolant when I got to Church, which was weird because I rarely drive out and I had filled the water/coolant tank the last time I took it out. Well, I added water to it and had to take someone somewhere during service, after service when I was heading home, the check coolant sign came up again and then I stopped to check, I noticed the water reserve was empty, which must have been caused by leaking.

When I got to I decided to inspect where the leakage was coming from. So far from what I noticed it seems it is from the top radiator hose that leads into the engine, maybe it is slack or something.

Because I pulled out the hose and I didn't notice any tear or cut around the hose, but it seems water was escaping through the bottom while trying to make it's way into the engine.

Would a change of hose solve this or is there any other underlying factor? Has anyone experienced this?

Stop driving that vehicle till it's fixed. Have a competent technician that knows volvo handle the repair
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Is there need to change Transmission fluid of tortilla 2011.
Mileage is just 3900

Happy motoring!!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
kingreign:

Mileage is just 3900

Happy motoring!!
[quote author=kingreign post=116222354]This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Mileage is just 3900
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Mileage is just 3900

What car and model is this pls? and be sure of the mileage pls.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2023
kingreign:

What car and model is this pls? and be sure of the mileage pls.
Corolla 2011 s
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Corolla 2011 s

Your car recommends GENUINE TOYOTA AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID TYPE WS. Ensure you purchase your fluids from reputable sources.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2023
kingreign:

Your car recommends GENUINE TOYOTA AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID TYPE WS. Ensure you purchase your fluids from reputable sources.
How muchu
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
Sirchiboy:
How muchu

50k that's what I'd sell 4Litre if you're interested, DM 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by becky39000(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2023
kingreign:

My mechanic recommended Genuine Toyota Type IV for my 2007 Camry V4.

And that's what iv been using.

Is it advisable to change to WS or I leave it like that?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2023
becky39000:

My mechanic recommended Genuine Toyota Type IV for my 2007 Camry V4.

And that's what iv been using.

Is it advisable to change to WS or I leave it like that?

Switch to WS please.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by becky39000(m): 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2023
kingreign:

Switch to WS please.
Ok
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ThaRealNyke: 12:03am On Jun 29, 2023
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CAR

Ford Edge 2008 SUV
Price: N4,000,000 (Naira)
Call/Text/WhatsApp: (+234) 08069829826

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.