Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (99569 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:53am On Jun 29, 2023
ThaRealNyke:
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CAR

Ford Edge 2008 SUV
Price: N4,000,000 (Naira)
Call/Text/WhatsApp: (+234) 08069829826

Don't advertise car sales here. Asides that, it's a FORD, meaning it was 'Found On The Road Dead'!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by DaudaAbu(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
kingreign:

Hello King
I drive a yaris 2006. My problem is that the gear oil keep getting short. I keep topping it with oando dex III. Most time the gear doesn't select it moves only in gear two. It's an automatic transmission and I bought it Nigerian used.
Do you have any recommendation for me?

Don't advertise car sales here. Asides that, it's a FORD, meaning it was 'Found On The Road Dead'!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=DaudaAbu post=124123897][/quote]

Check for oil leaks around the seals or joints
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2023
ThaRealNyke:
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CAR

Ford Edge 2008 SUV
Price: N4,000,000 (Naira)
Call/Text/WhatsApp: (+234) 08069829826

No peace!

3 of my friends that owned this ford edge, sold off as scrabs.
Better get a clean Nigerian used; crv, rav4, rx330, rx350, MDX, pilot.

For the ford edge it's a solid car but parts are not readily available and very few mechanic that understands the car
Just take your money and get a toks civic 08 - 10 or get a 05 - 08 corolla and rest.

I personally hates cars that steals my peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by azebay: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2023
kingreign:

Check if transmission sump took a hit, scan the car transmission also and post the codes here let’s advise accordingly.

I have scanned the car and the following Error Codes came up B2275, B2281, U0327, U1002, C0200, C0210, C0215, C0273, C0278 and C1330.
What is the way forward/advice most especially with those codes affecting the transmission?
Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:03am On Jul 02, 2023
azebay:

I have scanned the car and the following Error Codes came up B2275, B2281, U0327, U1002, C0200, C0210, C0215, C0273, C0278 and C1330.
What is the way forward/advice most especially with those codes affecting the transmission?
Thanks

These codes are body codes and chassis codes. Not transmission codes
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by azebay: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2023
kingreign:

These codes are body codes and chassis codes. Not transmission codes

Don't mind me! Na wetin I read about one of the codes (B2281) on Google made me think na transmission.
Anyway, what is your advice for me on this?
Thanks

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:58am On Jul 02, 2023
azebay:

Don't mind me! Na wetin I read about one of the codes (B2281) on Google made me think na transmission.
Anyway, what is your advice for me on this?
Thanks

TCM is integrated with the ECM as a single unit. Check wiring harness ad sockets for damages or rust clean socket with electrical cleaners and allow to dry, clear codes and drive. If it comes back, replace ECM
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by georgee(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Good evening house

Please what does this indicator mean?
Toyota RAV 4

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
georgee:
Good evening house

Toyota RAV 4
tyre pressure
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by georgee(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
olaboyeh:

tyre pressure

Thanks.. I will guage it now
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by azebay: 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
kingreign:

TCM is integrated with the ECM as a single unit. Check wiring harness ad sockets for damages or rust clean socket with electrical cleaners and allow to dry, clear codes and drive. If it comes back, replace ECM

Pls do you have anyone you can recommend for these checks? I am in Lagos. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
azebay:

Pls do you have anyone you can recommend for these checks? I am in Lagos. Thanks

No sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2023
azebay:

Where in Lagos?
You can call 07089030689 for further diagnosis and subsequent repair
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KingAzubuike(f): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
I hear banging and sometimes vibrating noise at the rear tire (right side) when I drive on a rough surface or gallop. What could be the issue. It started suddenly.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
KingAzubuike:
I hear banging and sometimes vibrating noise at the rear tire (right side) when I drive on a rough surface or gallop. What could be the issue. It started suddenly.
Could be anything from bad Bushings to bad shocks and pad or any other part of your suspension components.
Remote diagnosis is impossible.
Take your car for physical inspection.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Hello house.

My 2008 Honda Accord had a P2646 code and a P0011 code on it before I got it. Changed the oil and cleared the codes, and then I rescanned. Only the P0011 code came back after driving.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here, since oil has been changed and filter changed. Mechanic initially insisted on changing the rocker arm, but after code cleared and didn't come back, he hasn't said anything again.

Pls help, as I need to know exactly what to do. I don't want anyone poking around in my engine.

Edit: the car drives fine and idles well too. Just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:47am On Jul 03, 2023
theadeola:
Hello house.

My 2008 Honda Accord had a P2646 code and a P0011 code on it before I got it. Changed the oil and cleared the codes, and then I rescanned. Only the P0011 code came back after driving.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here, since oil has been changed and filter changed. Mechanic initially insisted on changing the rocker arm, but after code cleared and didn't come back, he hasn't said anything again.

Pls help, as I need to know exactly what to do. I don't want anyone poking around in my engine.

Edit: the car drives fine and idles well too. Just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing.

Keep driving the car for a while and observing if the code comes back.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:47am On Jul 03, 2023
KingAzubuike:
It's normal with 911 tipper. Keep driving it that way.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:50am On Jul 03, 2023
georgee:
Good evening house

Toyota RAV 4

1, it could mean the tyre pressure in one or more tyres is/are low
2, it could mean the Tyre pressure monitor sensor in one or more Tyre is damaged or has been deactivated or missing.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 5:46am On Jul 03, 2023
theadeola:
Hello house.

If your engine has sludge buildup in it.
You can ask your technician to clean the VTC strainer, clear code then drive around to see if the code come back.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KingAzubuike(f): 5:59am On Jul 03, 2023
jceesquare:

Could be anything from bad Bushings to bad shocks and pad or any other part of your suspension components.
Remote diagnosis is impossible.
Take your car for physical inspection.
Okay bro.. it's a toyota corolla.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:10am On Jul 03, 2023
KingAzubuike:

Okay bro.. it's a toyota corolla.
Remote diagnosis for suspension noise is practically impossible.
You'll need your mechanic to test drive the car and physically inspect suspension components to know where the noise is coming from.
You can call 07089030689 if in Lagos for further diagnosis.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by georgee(m): 7:16am On Jul 03, 2023
kingreign:

1, it could mean the tyre pressure in one or more tyres is/are low
2, it could mean the Tyre pressure monitor sensor in one or more Tyre is damaged or has been deactivated or missing.
I think number 2. Cos i guaged the 4 tyres and the indicator beeped for few seconds before it stayed permanently again undecided
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2023
theadeola:
Hello house.

The P0011 code could mean the two things in my Toyota,

1. Oil is not up to guage or dirty

2. The vvt solenoid is stucked maybe with silicon gum particles or sludge. I have to remove clean and test with battery head to see it movement before installing
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 8:11am On Jul 03, 2023
jceesquare:

If your engine has sludge buildup in it.
You can ask your technician to clean the VTC strainer, clear code then drive around to see if the code come back.

The engine doesn't have sludge in it, I checked. I'll tell him to clean the vtc strainer though, thank you

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2023
Dozieson:

The P0011 code could mean the two things in my Toyota,

1. Oil is not up to guage or dirty

2. The vvt solenoid is stucked maybe with silicon gum particles or sludge. I have to remove clean and test with battery head to see it movement before installing

Hello sir. The car is a Honda accord, not a Toyota.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2023
kingreign:

Keep driving the car for a while and observing if the code comes back.

Okay, will do. Thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2023
theadeola:

Hello sir. The car is a Honda accord, not a Toyota.

Likely same solution
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by aejaywhite: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
Kingreign, do you work on volvo cars? XC 90 2007 to be precise. I stay in abuja
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
aejaywhite:
Kingreign, do you work on volvo cars? XC 90 2007 to be precise. I stay in abuja

I don't work on Volvo for lack of profit, but I can fix them to a large extent.

What's wrong with your XC90?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
kingreign:

I don't work on Volvo for lack of profit, but I can fix them to a large extent.

What's wrong with your XC90?
I feel you.
Imagine sending bill to a customer for alternator change on that car and customer looking at you as if you want to reap them off.
Na only God know wetin Valarinze like about that brand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (129) (Reply)

Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) / In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.